Chapter 14

Khizar and Dania got back to the house and saw Ali and Amaraah waiting for them in the living room. Khizar patted Dania and nodded at her with a smile on his face to make her confident. On their own, all four were trying their best to not make the situation complicated or awkward.

Amaraah came forward and hugged Dania. Ali also came forward and placed his hand on her head to show the fatherly affection. Dania had no clue how to react, but she looked at the two of them and then slowly walked up to her room.

"She needs some time alone. I will go and speak to her in some time. Don't worry Ali, she is a strong person. She will be fine."

Amaraah said reassuring her husband that their daughter would cope. Life had been tough on her, but she always came out stronger, so they didn't need to worry. Ali just walked away to his room in silence but Amaraah stayed to speak to Khizar.

"Where did Azlan take her?"

"At his apartment. She really wasn't well enough to return home straight after visiting Akram. She cried a lot and Baba would have gotten really worried. So, in a way Azlan was right to take her with him. but she will be fine. As you said, she will cope, and she will come out as a strong survivor again."

Amaraah nodded and smiled tiredly.

"I like that boy. He is very nice and a very considerate person, like the way he looked after Dania..."

"His care for her goes beyond the normal way of being considerate. All I can say now is that Dania is happy when she is around him. But that talk is for some other time. Get some rest now, Mama."

"I am just going to see her once and then I will. Don't worry. You go and get some sleep too."

--------

As soon as she entered her room, she just cried and cried to the point that her head was spinning, and she couldn't see properly with a blurry vision. She sat on the corner of her bed facing the window from where she could see the dark night with a clear sky and stars shining bright. Akram Balore was her father, he had abandoned her, withdrew himself from all the responsibilities and duties he had towards her, yet when he died, Dania felt the pain right in her heart.

Maybe that's what blood relations do. No matter how good or bad those relatives are, losing them hurts some part of your core. Your heart. Same was the case with Dania. However bad he was, he was her father. But this chapter has closed. He has died. She has forgiven him. Its now time to move on and continue with life as a warrior. As a confident person.

She heard a knock on the door and responded with a faint voice and found Amaraah entering. She was quick to wipe off her tears but that didn't go unseen from her. She came close to her and sat next to her and just looked at her for a few moments before speaking up.

"I am really sorry to hear about his death."

"It's okay."

"Dania, you have us with you all the time. Never ever feel alone. As parents, Ali and I have and will always be with you. And as a brother, Khizar has and will do the same. We are a family and we are here for each other. Always. Okay?"

Dania just nodded and then dropped her head in Amaraah's lap and started crying like a child. Tears were just not on her side. They were unrelentingly releasing like anything and she was hating it, but she couldn't prevent it either.