Chapter 7

"He has no right to call me his father anymore. He lost it the day he disowned me for being a burden to him."

That's all Dania said and there Azlan was, left in utter shock and confusion. He was stood outside an employee's office listening to a conversation and all of this didn't matter as if the world had come to a standstill. Dania is not Ali Muraad's real daughter? So many questions were getting over his mind.

He also forgot that it is forbidden to discuss personal issues in this office. You enter this premises for work and you leave with work, there is no personal life involved. Dania and Irsa were breaking that rule. A rule that he doesn't tolerate if broken. But instead of entering in the cabin and hammering on them, he left from there in a frenzy.

.....

Once in their school days, Dania and Irsa were having lunch when the clerk came and told Dania that a man called Akram Balore was there to meet her. Even at a young age, Dania was clear cut with her relationships and life. Instead of meeting Akram, she went to the Head Teacher and told her that this man had no relation with her and she feels uncomfortable with him chasing her to her school.

He was doing the same again.

"He is trying to find you again".

"What nonsense?"

"He somehow found my father's contact and asked him about you. He didn't give him any details but told me to tell you. That's why I was keen to take up this project with you, so I could explain to you the situation. There was no other way I could have made you aware since Azlan hates it when people discuss personal issues here". 

"So he knows where I work now?"

"No. You really think I would betray you in this?"

"No. I didn't mean that. Thanks Irsa."

"I know how difficult your life has been Dania, I don't want to snatch away your peace. You are in a better place today. That's what matters."

Dania smiled at her but then formed a composed expression.

"I know we have talked about this today but let's not do this again. I have moved on and I would like to live in my present with the people who are dear to me around."

"Sure."

......

Azlan leaned against his chair in his cabin and was lost in deep thoughts of what he had just heard outside Irsa's office. He couldn't comprehend the fact that all along Dania's identity has been an unanswered question. She is not Ali Muraad's daughter, yet she has his name, her fair share in his company and lives with his family.

Part of him wanted to walk in that moment and interrupt but a part of him stopped him from doing so. Would it not be unethical? Was he that cruel? She would judge him so much if he had walked in to be the arrogant Boss he was. She was sharing a personal pain with her friend and his interruption would have discouraged her.

One girl's entrance in his professional life was making him change. He began to overthink things, he did things he wouldn't do, he let her break rules and didn't question once, and now he was also cautious that she doesn't judge him wrong. Why was he changing for a random girl who is just working with his company as a client? What's different this time? Why is he being different this time?