Havens

By mygirlygirlbooks

Aria isn't a regular teenage girl. She's daughter of Artemis, king of the Moon Haven. A large space station t... More

one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
thank you

three

3 0 0
By mygirlygirlbooks

After I got off the tenth floor, I walked to Val's room and knocked on her door.
"Oh, hey! Aria, right?" Val asked after opening the door.
"Yup," I said, "Can I come in?"
"Sure! But we're about to head out to the party!" Val said.
"That's okay," I said walking into her room. "Oh cool! You got a single dorm?"
"Yup!" Val said. "I lucked out, my roommate decided last minute she wasn't coming to Dream Wave this year and no one ever took her spot."
"Wow, lucky you!" I giggled.
"So...where's Cari and Nova?" Val asked.
"They're probably in their dorms getting ready now," I said.
"Oh, so they're meeting you at the pool party?" Val asked.
"Yea but not until five, they're going to the suites..." I replied.
"I heard there was a fight up there and that the party was canceled?" she asked.
"Yea, the Suites floor party was canceled, but Dove and Ash are still having a small get together but I—"
"Wasn't invited?" Val asked.
I shook my head no.
"Figured." Val said.
"Is it bad that I'm kinda upset at Cari and Nova for going to the party without me?" I asked.
"I'd be kinda salty about that too but since you guys just met a few hours ago, you can't be too upset, you know? Don't take it personal, " Val replied.
"I know it wouldn't be fair for me to make them come along to the pool party, I just wish they came with me any way!" I said. "Or even an invite to the get together would of been great!"
"No! Take not being invited to the get together as a compliment!" Val said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Dove clearly didn't invite you because she's intimidated by you!" she explained.
"But why though? She doesn't even know me?" I said.
"She doesn't have to know you to see that you're gorgeous!" she replied.
"Thank you! But have you seen Dove? She's stunning!" I asked.
"But she's insecure. And any girl who's just as pretty or prettier than her is a threat," said Val, "...or a frenemy," She added.
I sighed. "But I don't want to be seen as a threat. I just want to have a good time with my friends!"
"Listen, Aria. The Dream Wave is a really fun place, but its still filled with a bunch of teenagers who have no idea what they're doing with their lives! So let's go have fun and not think about any stupid drama because that's exactly what this is. Stupid drama. None of this will matter tomorrow morning." said Val.
"You're right!" I said. "Who cares that Nova chose Dove over me? He and Cari will be coming to the pool at five anyway!"
"Whoa...what did you just say?" Val asked.
"N-nothing?" I stammered.
"That's what this is about? You're jealous! You like Nova!" Val giggled jumping up and down on the bed.
"Shhh! Well I don't know because we didn't really get to know each other yet but—"
"But nothing! You like him and you wanted to hang out with him tonight. That's fine girl, but just remember. Dream Wave isn't about finding your soulmate. It's about finding yourself and having fun!" Val said grabbing me by my arm. "Let's go! We have a party to get to!"

We walked to the Lunar Hall dorm building and went all the way to the rooftop.
"So, what do we do?" I asked Val.
"You've never been to a party before?" Val asked.
"Not a teenager party, no!" I said laughing. "Is that bad?"
"It's terrible! Come on!" Val yelled pulling me over to two guys.
"Hey Val, who's your friend?" asked one of the big muscular guys.
"Max, this is Aria. She's new this year but she's a Fiver like us!" she said.
"Aria, that's a nice name!" said Max. "This is my roommate Jacque.
"Uh, hi!" I said.
"Don't be shy, we don't bite!" Jacque smiled sipping from his cup.
"Yea, these guys are some of my best friends. They got my back and they got yours too!" said Val.
"Yup!" said Max.
I smiled. "Thanks guys! Here, follow yourselves from my Zyrian account so we can keep in touch!" I said passing them my phone.
"Jacque, is that Vodka?" asked Val. Jacque nodded.
"Want some?" He offered. Val nodded and took a sip.
"I'm good," I said holding my hands up.
"Come on, Val. I'll get us both a cup!" Val insisted running off to the drinks table.
"Not much of a drinker, huh?" Max asked.
"No, not really, " I said.
"It's okay, I'm not a drinker either," said Max.
"Then what's that in your cup?" I asked.
"Fruit punch," He laughed. "We'll see you around!"
"Okay! See you!" I said as I watched them walk off.
"Where are they going?" Val asked walking back towards me with the drinks.
"I don't know,"I shrugged.
"Oh, okay. Well, here you go," Val said handing me my drink.
"I shouldn't." I said.
"Well here. Just hold it and maybe you'll change your mind." She said. I sighed and grabbed the cup.
"Come on! Let's go to the dance floor!" Val yelled.
We both walked over to the crowd and started dancing. The DJ was amazing! They played all of the good songs. I met so many people out there on the floor through Val. I was having so much fun. I almost forgot about Nova and Cari until I saw them walk in.
"Val, look, they're here! We should go meet up with them!" I yelled over the music.
"Yea! I'll come with!" She replied. We both laughed as we tried to squeeze our way through the crowd.
"Finally! We made it out!" Val laughed.
"There's so many people! Let's hurry and get Nova and Cari so we can all—"
Before I could finish my sentence, I looked over to Cari and Nova who were now with Dove and Ash. Ash and Cari ran off to the drink table while Dove and Nova got undressed and jumped into the pool.
"Wow," I muttered as I watched Nova and Dove play in the water together.
"Hey, don't get upset, let's go dance! " Val said trying to pull me away.
"Yea," I mumbled as I watched Dove hug onto Nova. He threw her in the water and started cracking up.
"Nova!" She playfully screamed after she came up from the water.
"Aria, let's go back to the dance floor. We can catch up with them later!" Val insisted.
"Is this what a heartbreak feels like?" I asked Val.
"Don't be dramatic!" She laughed. "But you definitely have feelings for this kid." Val took a sip from her cup. "Meet me on the floor when you're ready!"
I nodded and continued watching Nova and Dove until she caught me staring. She winked at me then continued splashing Nova. I quickly turned around.
Ouch. That hurt.
I looked at my cup and chugged the entire drink.
"Whoa! Okay, Val! I see you!" Jacque yelled.
I gave him a half smile before sitting my empty cup down. Jacque walked over and handed me a bottle of moonshine.
"Um, thanks but no,thanks." I muttered.
"Aw, come on! Don't be a lame!" He taunted.
I put my middle finger in his face as I chugged the bottle. He and a group of guys came surrounding me and started cheering me on.
At this point I'm sure I was a little drunk, but I felt great and after another guy handed me another cup, I chugged that too.
"Wooo!" I screamed. The guys all lifted me up and carried me to the dance floor.

"Aria?!" Val asked.
"Ohh, hi Val!" I screamed stumbling over to her to give her a hug.
"I think you drank a little too much, girlfriend!" she said. "Here, let Max take you back to your room before you do something you'll regret."
"Max? Oh! Max!" I shouted waving at him.
"I thought you weren't a drinker?" He asked picking me up.
"I wasn't, Not until I saw something that I wish I could unsee!" I groaned. Max put me over his shoulder and carried me out of the party as I closed my eyes.
———
"Aria! Wake up!"
"Huh? Cari? What time is it?" I asked.
"It's nine in the morning, I just wanted you to come with me to the cafe for breakfast before ten," Cari replied.
I sat up and instantly held my head. "Ouch, it hurts!"
"Yea, I heard you were drinking a lot yesterday. It wasn't even six o clock before you were passed out in your room!" Cari laughed.
"How was the suites?" I asked.
Cari sighed. "I can tell you that on our way to breakfast! Come on!"
"Give me a second, I need to put on my pajamas!" I shouted.
"Jeez, I already laid them out. They're right next to you! I'll be in the hallway!" Cari said walking towards the door.
"Cari, I'm sorry!" I apologized.
"No worries! Just don't take too long," Cari said closing the door.
I got up from the bed, took off my bathing suit, slipped into my pajamas, grabbed my phone, then walked out of the room and met up with Cari right outside our door.
"Hey! You ready?" She asked.
"Yup... hey! We should see if Nova wants to come down with us!" I suggested.
"He's already down there. He said he'll save us a seat!" Cari said.
"Oh, cool!" I replied.
"Anyways, I talked to Val and she told me about last night..."
I sighed.
"I want you to be completely honest with me, " said Cari.
"Okay. I wish you didn't go to the suite party." I declared. "Dove purposely tried to leave me out and it hurt my feelings that you didn't see that. Actually. I think you did see it. You just chose not to acknowledge it because you wanted to go to the party."
Cari pressed the elevator button. "You're right. I wanted to go to the party. I used to party with them all the time while I was an underclassman but that all stopped last year.  When they invited me to their suite, it reminded me of old times."
The elevator door opened and we both stepped on.
I pressed the ground button . "So, do you see how that could've hurt my feelings. You left me alone just so you can hang out with your old friends. I thought this was going to be our year?"
"I know. It was definitely messed up. But I realized that before I even made the mistake. When I went back to our room to get dressed, I never made it to the suites."
My face lit up. "Really?"
The door opened and we both got off the elevator. "Really."
"Well what about Nova?" I asked.
"He still went to the suites but I didn't stop him because that wasn't my place!" Cari explained as we walked out of the dorm buildings and continued walking across campus.
"Nova, Ash, and Dove came to my room at five to walk me down to the pool party with them." Cari recounted.
"Why'd they leave their own party so early?" I asked.
"It wasn't actually a party. It's was just them." Cari shrugged.
"Oh," I sighed.
"Look! There's the cafe!" Cari said pointing to the building.
I walked in as Cari held the door for me. I walked straight to the buffet and got myself some cereal, a slice of toast and a cup of water.
"Aria!"
I turned my head. It was Nova! He was sitting at a table by the corner. I waved and turned to Cari.
"I'm going over with Nova!" I whispered.
"Okay, meet you over there," Cari replied.
I walked over to Nova and sat right across from him.
"Hey!" He said.
"Hey! Um...h-how was the Suite party?" I stuttered.
"Uh, it was okay. There weren't many people there. Cari didn't even end up going!" Nova said taking a bite out of his toast.
"Yea, I heard," I said taking a scoop of my cereal.
"How was the pool party? I never ran into you?" Nova asked.
I paused. "Oh, um. It was great. I, uh, I left early because I was tired but it was... it was fine."
Nova chuckled.
"What?" I asked letting out a nervous laugh.
"Nothing, you're just... I guess you're just shy?" Nova asked.
I tucked my hair behind my ear. "Is that bad?"
"No! No!" Nova said resting his hand on my arm which was sitting on the table top. "It's cute."
I looked up from my cereal to Nova who gave me this half smirk.
Cute.
"Um, hey! What I miss?" Cari asked sitting next to me.
I quickly moved my hand to my lap. "Nothing!"
"So there's orientation, a campus tour and class sign ups today at noon," Nova said taking another bite from his toast.
"You guys can go but I'm gonna be getting my party on. There's gonna be parties all day and night before classes start up this week. I'll just take whatever classes are left over like every year." Cari explained.
"Don't you want first dibs on the good classes?" I asked.
"It's not like I'll be going to them anyway!" Cari chuckled.
"Aria, did you still want to go to the orientation with me?" Nova asked.
"Yes! I'll still go!" I said smiling at him. He smiled back.
"Cool! We can meet in my room at eleven?" He suggested.
"Meeting in Nova's room? What's going on there?" Dove asked slipping into the seat next to Nova. Ash walked up behind her and pulled a chair from another table and sat on the end of the booth.
"Hey guys!" Ash exclaimed.
Great. Who invited them?
"Oh, hey Dove," Nova said . "Hey Ash," he waved. Ash waved back.
"Hey Nova! Hi Cari!" Dove exclaimed. " ... Aries." She said looking at me.
"It's Aria." I declared.
"Right." She giggled. "So Nova! Do you have plans for today? Ash and I were planning on hitting up a few parties." said Dove.
"That's what I was doing!" Cari chuckled. Dove gave her a fake smile then turned back to Nova.
"I'm actually doing the things that were on the itinerary with Aria. That's why I told her to meet me in my room at eleven-thirty." He said looking over to me.
First it was eleven. Now it was eleven-thirty? Great.
Dove turned towards me. "How was the pool party?"
"The pool party?" I asked.
She nodded.
"I-it was great!" I said.
"That's good! Really good!" Dove said. "So why'd you leave so early?"
I looked at Nova and Cari then let out a nervous laugh. "I, was tired."
"What? Tired of drinking?" She chuckled.
"You can put it that way," I said.
"What?" Nova asked.
"Nothing," I insisted.
"No! I heard this girl here was drinking with a group of guys and ended up having to get carried out!" Dove said laughing and clapping her hands together. "It's good that you decided to sit out on the parties today because you clearly don't know how to control yourself."
"That's not true," Cari exclaimed.
"Yea, you don't know me," I hollered.
"No, I don't. So let's keep it that way!" Dove sassed.
Ash began to laugh.
"Nothings funny." Cari said.
"Really? So why am I laughing?" She asked.
"That's enough," said Nova.
The table went silent.
"So, Nova. Are you sure you don't want to come party with us? There won't be any more big ones for a while!" said Dove.
"I'm, good. Thanks!" Nova said.
Dove looked over at me then stood up. "Okay, then. See you around. You have my number." She said.
"Cari, did you want to come party with us?" Ash asked.
"I'll just go by my—"
"No! Ash, let's go!" Dove hollered storming away.
Ash shrugged her shoulders then ran after Dove.
"I was gonna say no anyways!" Cari muttered rolling her eyes.
"Well, I'm finished with my food. Do you guys want me to take out your trash?" Nova asked standing up. Cari and I handed him our trays. "Thank you!" We said as he walked away.
"You okay?" I asked.
"Yea, I'm fine. I'm just gonna go to Val's room. Have fun with Nova!" she said winking at me before she got up and left the cafe.
"Hey, where's Cari going?" Nova asked.
"Val's room," I replied.
"Oh," Nova checked his phone to see the time. "It's ten now, so do you want get dressed and meet me at my room at eleven?"
I smiled, "Yea! Let's go!"
We both left the cafe and made our way back to the dorm buildings. On the way to our room we just talked. It was great.

"Okay, see you at eleven," he said unlocking his door.
"Eleven it is," I said walking into my dorm. 
I shut my door and began jumping up and down with excitement. I was finally getting the time I wanted with Nova! Just me and him.

Before I knew it, it was eleven. I grabbed my things, left my room and knocked on Nova's door.
"Hey!" He said opening his door and letting me in.
"Hi!" I said walking towards his couch in the living room area.
"I know we don't have to leave until like eleven- forty five, I just wanted to hang out a little before we left." Nova said combing his hair out of his face with his fingers. God, I love it when he does that.
"That sounds great!" I said nodding my head.
"Yea, so, what do you want to talk about?" He asked flopping down next to me. He turned his body towards me and gave me eye contact. His brown eyes were so beautiful.
"Um, I don't know. What do you want to talk about?" I asked nervously.
Nova chuckled. "Tell me about yourself." He said.
"You first!" I insisted.
Nova cleared his throat. "Okay. We're friends, so we can get personal, right?"
"Totally!" I said turning towards him.
"Okay great," he turned away from me and stopped for a moment. I could see whatever he was about to tell me was hard for him to say.
"We can talk about me first...if you want?" I suggested.
"No, I'm okay. I just needed to gather my thoughts."  He said turning back towards me.
I nodded, "speak when you're ready."
He took a deep breath, "...so, you know the Moon tests?" He asked.
I nodded. Of course I knew them, my great granddad created it when the Moon Haven first opened up. It tests people's mental, emotional, and physical strength. It takes place once a year, and if you don't pass, you get sent to the Light Haven. It's a way of keeping the city population under control because there can be no more than 10,000 people in the Moon Haven.
"Well, my dad, his name was Calvin and my brother, Angel, both took the test last month and failed," he said looking down at his hands which were fiddling with the trim of my shorts.
"Oh no!" I gasped. "Do you have any other family?"
Nova shook his head no. "That's why I came here to the Dream. Remember how I told you that I was homeschooled up until now?"
"Yea!" I replied.
"Well, that was because my dad was super smart and so was my brother and I. There was no point in us coming to Dream Wave Academy if we already had the required education and then some. But after my dad and brother left me alone, Apollo suggested that I came to the school."
"That was nice of him! How'd you two meet?" I asked.
"Well I don't have a job, and since my dad and brother wasn't here to pay rent, I was kicked out of our apartment. I spent the day riding the shuttle because I had no where else to go. Then, the shuttle stopped at the Dream Wave where I met Apollo walking around the campus. He said 'hi', I said 'hi' back and then we just started talking. I told him about my dad and brother and how I was homeless and alone and so he said I could stay with him until the Dream Wave opened back up. So now, I have this dorm!" Nova said.
"Oh my goodness, Nova. I'm really sorry!" I said.
"So am I. Sucks that this city doesn't let us get jobs or live alone until we're eighteen " Nova said.
"Yea," I mumbled.
"And these stupid Moon Tests, all they do is tear families apart and send them to the Light Haven. Who knows how bad that city is now? For all I know, my dad and brother could be struggling to survive over there!" Nova put his face into his palms.
I had no idea what to do, or what to say at this point. It was my great grandfathers policies that my dad still enforces that is making his life so hard. I put my hand on Nova's back. "Don't worry, Nova. I'm sure they are just fine!" I lied.
To be completely honest. I wanted to believe they were fine, but were they? The Light Haven collapsed over a hundred years ago and every year, we send them the people who aren't qualified to live here. Nova's right. They could be struggling to survive. Hell, they could be dead! But I wasn't going to tell him that.
Nova sat up. "I just don't understand how they failed the test! They were the smartest people I knew!"
We both sat in silence.
"I'm sorry, I know I killed the mood," Nova said scratching his head.
"No, you didn't. I'm, glad you opened up to me," I said.
"Me too, I trust you. And I feel better now getting that off my chest. Thanks for listening," he replied.
I smiled, "no problem."
We both stared at each other for a minute before he broke the silence. "Here, let's talk about you now!"
I sighed. I was so scared to tell him that I was the Moon Haven's ruler's daughter. What was he going to think of me? What if he hates me?
"Well, um. I live at home with my...my dad and my stepmom. My real mom... *sigh* ...she died before my f-fourteenth birthday," I stuttered.
"I'm sorry for your loss," Nova said quietly placing his hand on my knee.
I nodded my head, "Thank you, um...it's alright though. I've, learned to cope with it."
"How did she pass, if you don't mind me asking?" He asked.
I shrugged my shoulders. "I honestly don't know. My dad doesn't really like talking about it. He's still kind of upset."
"I'm sure he is!" Nova exclaimed.
I chuckled. "Well, he remarried to my stepmom shortly after her death. I guess that was his coping mechanism? I-I don't know because they're still together and they're obviously in love."
Nova laughed. "Well at least he... um, he...uh,"
"Y-you don't have to...I know," I chuckled.
Nova laughed. "Hey! Some people move on a lot faster than others! No judgement here!"
We both laughed.
"So, what's his name?"
"His what?"
"Your dad...I didn't get his name, or your stepmom's"
I hesitated for a moment.
"Right! Hehe, their names... um, my stepmom's name is Xenon... and my dad's...uh, my dad's name is... Artemis," I mumbled.
Nova's face looked confused. "Artemis?"
"Yes, my dad's name is Artemis."
"Artemis...ruler of Moon Haven, Artemis?"
"Technically he's King but...yes, my dad is Artemis," I said.
"Well, that's um... that's cool," said Nova.
"Are you just saying that?" I asked.
"No, no, really! That's awesome." He stood up from the couch and walked to the other side of the room before turning back around. "So he makes all the laws and stuff?"
I shrugged, "He mostly enforces the ones already made but he does have a few of his own and can make more."
Nova sat back next to me, "Wow, that's cool."
"Yea, cool," I replied.
"That's why you had your own driver yesterday?" he laughed.
I nodded.
"So in you'll be in charge of the Moon Haven one day?" He asked.
"One day," I replied.
"Cool," Nova nodded.
"Yup," I said.
We sat in silence for a moment before he checked his phone.
"It's eleven thirty," He said pointing at the door.
"What are you pointing at?" I asked.
"I bet you—"
Nova was interrupted by a knock on his door.
"One second," He chuckled walking over to the door.
"Nova!" Dove cried giving him a hug.
I rolled my eyes. Why does she keep appearing out of no where?!
"Dove, Ash! What are you doing here?" Nova asked.
"We wanted to be with you as you get ready for this upcoming school year! We couldn't just leave you hanging!" Dove insisted.
"That was...nice. Well, uh, come in! Aria is over there on the couch," Nova said closing the door behind Ash.
Dove and Ash looked around the room.
"This is nice!" said Ash.
"Thanks," Nova said. "We were leaving in about ten minutes so you guys can just chill out."
Ash quickly jumped to sit next to me on the couch. I looked over at her. She smiled.
"Your bed is so soft!" Dove gasped.
"Yea, uh, thanks!" said Nova sitting across from the couch at his desk.
"So what were you two chatting about?" Ash asked pushing my shoulder.
"Nothing," Nova and I said at the same time.
Dove stood up from the bed and came over to the couch. "Move over, Ash!" she ordered.
Ash moved to the end of the couch and Dove sat right in between the two of us.
"Nova, I have a confession." Dove sighed.
"What is it?" Nova asked.
"I feel like we had so much fun last night, in my suite and at the pool," Dove started.
"Yea?" Nova asked.
"Now, I know you want to go to orientation and tour the school...and I know we told you that that's what we were here for...but the truth is, it's not," Dove confessed.
Nova and I looked at each other confused.
"Alright, let's get straight to the point. No one goes to orientation or the campus tour except for the Firsts and the nerds," Ash blurted.
"Yea, and we wanted to you to come party with us!" Dove exclaimed.
"Oh!" Nova scratched the back of his head.
"Yea, and we're finally having the suite floor party! It's going to be all day and all the upperclassmen are going to be there!" Dove cheered. "Do you want to come?" Dove asked.
Here we go again. Making plans that don't include me right in my face!
Nova sighed, "I would but I already have plans with Aria."
My face lit up. "Maybe some other time," I said smiling at Dove.
Dove looked at me, "Aria! I'm sure you don't want to go to orientation and tour either. Wouldn't you rather party with us?" She asked.
"I thought I couldn't control myself?" I mocked.
Dove and Ash looked at each other then let out a laugh.
"Aria! Girl! You know we were just messing with you?" cried Ash.
"Yea, I pick on all of my friends! Isn't that right, bimbo?" Dove asked turning towards Ash.
Ash nodded her head. "Mhm"
"You two can both come, Cari too! It  is an upperclassmen party, you know?" Dove exclaimed.
"It's up to you, Aria," said Nova.
Dove, Ash and Nova were all looking at me waiting for a response.
"I guess one last party wouldn't hurt," I shrugged.
"Awesome!" Ash cheered.
"Perfect! So we'll see you in a few. The floor opens at one and the party will go on until midnight!" Dove said. She stood up and walked towards the door, "Tonight's going to be so much fun!"
"We'll see you later!" Nova exclaimed.
Ash waved goodbye before shutting the door.
Nova scratched his head.
"Excited for tonight?" I asked laughing.
"Huh? Oh...yea!" Nova exclaimed. He picked up his phone to check the time.
"We can just skip orientation," I said.
"I think I'm gonna take a nap before today," Nova suggested.
"Oh, okay. I'm probably just gonna meet up with Cari then to tell her about the Suite floor tonight. I'll see you later."
"See you," Nova said before laying down in his bed.
I waved before leaving his room and going into mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 1K 30
Everything was good for Aria who had an amazing life.Then,things start changing when she takes her Initiation test. But why was everything changing s...
Plutonian By Sonia John

Science Fiction

3M 197K 82
[THIS STORY IS FREE WITH EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT] A fake relationship, a diabolical plan and a threat to the human race. The only thing that ties th...
4.8K 385 147
In order to embark on a mission to discover alien life on the icy moon of Jupiter Maria must leave her life on Earth behind, including her father and...
63.3K 1.5K 22
Aria Phoenix, a girl who is not afraid to kill and or to be killed; a girl who don't trust people easily; a girl from the most respected family betwe...