Cloaked Beauty

Von caramelapplee

Lorendian, a small country north of Russia, is under attack by Radeskian, a neighboring country with which Lo... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Three - Part Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Four - Part Two
Chapter Four - Part Three
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty - One
Chapter Twenty - Two
Chapter Twenty - Three
Chapter Twenty - Four
Chapter Twenty - Five
Chapter Twenty - Six & Seven
Chapter Twenty - Eight
Chapter Twenty - Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty - One
Chapter Thirty - Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Cloaked Beauty Epilogue

Chapter Five

94K 2K 190
Von caramelapplee

---------

Seriously! 120 on the What's Hot list!...

I love you guys!!!

Okay, this time, how about 30 votes for an ASAP upload? My usual uploads should be either every four to five days, or every Friday. For that though, I'll need at least 15 votes.

Sound fair?

If you guys have forgotten where the private room was, it's the one where Celeste, Scarlet, and Jere were talking on the night of the party.

---------

Chapter Five

Instead of the usual saying, "How are you this fine morn?", I snapped, "What are you doing here?"

His eyes widened and someone gasped behind him. My eyes traveled around him and my eyes widened too. The queen and king stood behind him, followed by a platoon of soldiers. I'm such an idiot. Me and my big mouth. Did I want my head chopped off? The queen's head snapped towards me.

"Where are your manners? You ungrateful little child-"

She stopped suddenly as her eyes suddenly realized it was me. I didn't know why, but the color seemed to drain from her face.

"Your Majesties. I'm sorry and ask for forgiveness, "I said bowing. The queen quickly shook her head.

"No need for that. I am sorry. You may speak as you wish. I thought you were one of your sisters." My eyes narrowed.

"And it is okay to speak as which with my sisters." Her face paled slightly, but then the king spoke.

"Darling, who is this, dark dressed girl." I almost smirked at how he addressed me. The queen's eyes bulged.

"Why, that's Celeste, General Edulici's daughter."

"Really?" he asked surprised. The king stared at me for a long moment. "Ah yes, you do look quite like your father."

I felt my lips turn into a scowl. How could he know how I looked like my father if he couldn't see my face behind the hood. He laughed.

"I can see the shape of your face still. He always brought pictures with him when we had to journey to another country." Oh. "Your father was a very respectable man and had very great honor."

Usually, whenever I heard this, I would roll my eyes because it wasn't really believable. Everyone said this. But I believed the king. You could see it in his eyes that he meant it. My father and him were close, him being the king's personal knight, so I trusted him, and knew that the king would be the one to know him best.

"Thank you sir. But might I ask... why are you here?" The king and queen frowned.

"Well weren't you informed dear? We're having breakfast with your family."

"Why?" I asked surprised. It wasn't usual for monarchs to petty themselves with lower class daily events.

"We need to speak with your mother," the king said. "Naturally, we would have spoken with your father, but since he's..."

The words were left unspoken, but everyone knew what the words were, and they hung heavily in the air.

"So," he continued. "We must speak with your mother. She's next on the council board so I must bring the news to her."

"So everyone here is having breakfast together?" The queen shook her head.

"Well of course not deary. Just my husband, our son, and your mother."

"So I'm not invited to this little meeting?" I asked. The queen was about to shake her head when the king roared, "Well of course! Your father would have wanted you to be able to deal with the countries matters. Come along."

"What about my sisters?" I asked. The king paused then shook his head.

"No no no. No need for that. I'm not sure they would like to busy themselves in this matter. Only your father spoke so highly of you and I trust his opinion. Now come along, this matter cannot wait. Knights, stay here until I return."

And with that, the king led the way into my house, his wife, and Derek, who was watching me, following suit.

"I'm afraid the situation seems very serious," the king said.

We were seated around a long rectangular glass table which was located inside the private room. It was quite dark, the only light were two white vanilla scented candles stationed in the middle of the table. The light radiated off the walls, making it seem our faces were a little more red then they really were.

"What is it?" my mother asked concerned immediately. You knew, because her facial expression would change. Her lips would turn to a pout, the light would cloud over in her eyes, and her eyebrows would drag down a little bit with a crease of worry. The king paused.

"It seems that some soldiers and knights were spotted west of Loredenian. Knights that did not belong to us. Yes, it seems that Radeskian is beginning to send troops in." Gasps rose around the table. Even it seemed that the queen hadn't been informed of the news until now.

I immediately bristled. Not Radeskian! Radeskian was the enemy country. They spent most of their fortune trying to get weapons and train their men to take our land. Radeskian had killed their own princess, because she did not agree with their ways.

But most of all, Radeskian was the country that had killed my father. And they were going to pay.

"Worst news is," the king continued, "I have heard there is a spy living somewhere in these parts." My eyes widened.

"Are you sure? Of which class your majesty?" The king's brows furrowed.

"I believe the spy is someone of the high class. The only way for them to be able to receive news about our military is if they were. But we don't have any clue to who it is."

"Why do you think Radeskian would choose this time to send a spy?" my mother asked.

"I believe it is because our son will be getting married." Derek smirked.

"What, are these Radeskian dudes jealous of me."

"They are not dudes," the queen scolded. "That is impolite Derek."

"What? I can't be impolite about the people who are trying to attack us?"

"You still cannot," the king said. "A prince should pride himself with manners no matter who the enemy. And they are not jealous of you my son. All they wish is that you do not succeed the throne so that they can take over.

"Well that's kind of harsh don't you think?" Derek mumbled. I rolled my eyes and his stupidity.

"So what do you plan to do your majesty?" I asked curtly. The king smiled.

"Oh Celeste, enough with the titles. Just call me Adam and nothing else. I will not add a title to your name, and you will not add one to mine." Well I wasn't about to argue. You didn't argue with the king. He sighed. "And I am not sure what to do. I cannot try to accuse every one of which lives in out community. Especially the high class. They take to accusations very harshly. Maybe-"

There was a knock at the door, and it slowly slid open. Celia stood in the doorway, and quickly locked eyes with me, though not before giving Derek a once over.

"Celeste, Scarlet and Jere are waiting for you in the foyer. Said they're taking you out for breakfast, though I have no idea why since there's quite enough food in the kitchen." I slowly stood up and pushed my chair back.

"Well if you would excuse me then," I said, and began to leave.

"You are dismissed," the king said. "I guess my darling and son should be leaving too." My mother stood up.

"Would you like to stay for breakfast your majesty?" I found it strange that he didn't try to correct.

"That is quite alright, but if you could give me a biscuit on my depart that would be welcomed." My mother nodded and quickly fled to the kitchen to fetch the king's biscuit.

I traveled around the table and made my way out of the room. Jere and Scarlet went for a hug as I spotted them standing at the doorway.

"Hey Celeste! Do you think we should-"

Jere stopped mid sentence, cutting off as his eyes flickered behind me. "Who's that?" I turned around and spotted Derek standing behind me. There was a gasp, and I found Scarlet with her mouth hanging open.

"You don't know who I am?" Derek asked astonished.

"Should I?" Jere asked.

"Don't get your royal panties in a bunch. People know who you are but don't know what you look like." I turned to Jere. "This, Jere, is Prince Derek."

Jere's eyes widened in surprise. Then they narrowed. "Why's he here?" Derek shrugged.

"Official business." I sighed. The small talk was getting annoying.

"Well, I guess we should go now," I said. "To where ever you guys are taking me." Where were they taking me.

And with that, I tried to pull Scarlet outside. Jere was one step ahead of me.

"Wait," Derek said. I stopped and turned around.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry," he blurted. Then he shook his head. I don't know if it was at me or himself. "I'm sorry for last night. I shouldn't have done that. Guess something just got the best of me. Have fun hanging with your friends."

Never had I thought would the prince apologize to me, so I just nodded. Either it was me, or I heard some sadness in his voice. Maybe it was the regret he had for not getting to hang out with his friends, or maybe I just didn't know.

With a wave, I slowly turned around and headed out the door.

---------

Someone asked a brilliant question on the last chapter in her comment. Is this taking placed in like the old days or modern times. I honestly have to say I don't know.

I think it would make more sense if I did it in the old days but that's just my opinion. What do you guys think.

But then there's the things with the doorbell...

So, the next chapter will be mostly made up of Scarlet and Jere. Sorry there's no Derek! But I wanted you to get to know the characters a little better. But if you guys are nice with the votes, maybe I can fit him in.... ( a sudden idea pops into my head for how it would work!) But also tell me if you want him in the next chapter, cause I've got a brilliant idea if you do! If not, I still have a brilliant idea! But with Derek, it just might be better.

Vote, comment, and fan! Remember, 30 for an ASAP upload (that's only cause I need time to write because I need to hear what you guys think first!) and 15 for me to upload at all.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

140K 6.7K 36
When a young warrior-turned-spy finds a rare magic wielder her people thought extinct, she must make a decision: stay loyal to those she loves, or re...
687K 42.2K 43
***COMPLETED!!!*** ---- Everyone has secrets... Vincent, Viscount Thorne, perfected his wicked grin and his good-humored mask years ago. He has no ti...
36.3K 6.2K 191
Celeste's life is far from the enchanting fairy tale one might expect from a princess. Her father, a ruthless and self-absorbed king, leaves a trail...
54K 693 40
(Book One of the Andra Kingdom Series) Caitirina has a secret destiny...one she could never have imagined. Something as always felt slightly off in h...