Rising 🎤 {Glee} {1}

By Boonannaxdd

{Ongoing, just so wattapad won't delete} where a boy from the football team joins one club what everyone thr... More

rising
epigraphy
season one
1. the new directions
2. mistake kisses
3. the acafellas
4. the mckinley titans little kicker
5. her last name
6. its my life
7. showdown
8. bust a move
9. keep on rolling
10. perfect harmony
11. there's nothing holding me back
12. jump! on those mattresses
13. sectionals! major heartbreak
14. you say goodbye! and i say hello!
15. Madonna!
16. i just wanna go home!
17. we've got bad reputation?
18. swollen tonsils
19. my dreams will be true
20. everyone's always talking at me!
21. funkytown
22. don't stop believing
season two
1. summer of our lives
2. britney spears
4. the double date
5. rocky horror! the creature
6. i've never been kissed before you!
7. the substitute! my name's Finn
8. our name together is quinncer
9. i could never forget you!
10. the christmas spirit
11. zombie football players
12. stuck on you
13. the justin bieber experience
14. the drunk kiss
15. the sex talk
16. our own original songs
17. you watch me
18. i was born this way
19. you can go your own way
20. prom king and queen
21. nationals
season three
1. starting again
2. pre-presidential duties
3. helping mike audition
4. lucky charms
5. afterglow
6. one way or another
7. i kissed a girl
8. senior year sectionals
9. you're all i want
10. first interactions
11. michael jackson week
12. the new spanish teacher
13. fall in love

3. spencer's broken arm

2K 41 2
By Boonannaxdd

3. spencer's broken arm

Where are Ü now - Justin Bieber
"i gave you attention when nobody else was payin', hm, i gave you the shirt off my back whatcha sayin',"

***

Spencer dropped his football bag onto the kitchen counter, when he goes towards the fridge in a pair of shorts with a red tank top on.

Spencer opened the fridge, looking around for a water bottle when he sees the face of god on a grilled cheese sandwich, "F..Finn?"

Finn ran up the stairs, stopping at the top of the stairs, "what is this?" Spencer held up the grilled cheese sandwich, "don't eat it!"

Finn comes towards Spencer taking the sandwich out of his hands, when Spencer sighed, "you can't eat it, it's my grilled chessus,"

"you're what?" Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, he just wanted a cold bottle from fridge and something to eat, "my grilled cheese Jesus,"

"o..okay," Spencer grabs a water bottle from the fridge door, "uh, that's not weird at all," and with that Spencer picks up his football bag from the kitchen counter, drinking his water bottle making his way towards his bedroom.

***

Spencer passed the ball to Artie, when he dodged a football player when he runs down the field while wheeling Artie towards the touchdown, when Artie spiked the football, "whoo!"

"and McKinley wins!" the announcers from the announcement stand, smiled towards Spencer when he bro hugged Artie.

before shoulder bumping Sean and Mike who both smirked at their best friends, when they go towards their girlfriends.

Spencer frowns, when he looks towards Quinn who stood there, swinging her legs back and forwards, Spencer sighed, "you got this,"

Spencer made his way towards Quinn, wrapping his arms around Quinn's small body when Quinn jumped in his arms, "Spence, don't do that,"

Spencer showed off his white pearly teeth to Quinn, smirking, "we won," Quinn nods her head against his chest, "yeah, i saw, you did a really good thing Spence, helping Artie to get a touchdown,"

Spencer smiled, "it's my responsibility to have everybody on the football team happy," Quinn furrowed her eyebrows, "what even yourself?" Spencer nods his head, "yep.."

***

"Mr Schue?" Finn raised his hand when Spencer frowns, "don't do it, Finn," Finn ignored Spencer who sat beside him with Kurt and Mike.

"i have something to say," Finn stood up, "something happened to me, and i can't really get into it," Finn stood beside Mr Schuester, "but it's shaken me to my core,"

Puck leans in between Spencer and Mike, "oh, my god, he's coming out," Finn looked at Puck, "why, yes," Spencer, and the new directions all furrowed their eyebrows, "there is a man who's sort of recently come into my life, and that man is Jesus Christ,"

Spencer looked behind him to see Sean, Tina, Mason and Micaela let out a breath, "that's way worse,"

"and i know there's other in here who dig him, too," Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "like Spence," Spencer frowned at Finn, "Finn! what the hell, dude? we said we'd talk about that,"

Quinn furrowed her eyebrows at Spencer, "and so i thought, maybe this week, we could pay a tribute to him in music," Santana, Brittany and Samaria furrowed their eyebrows, "you know, pay tribute to Jesus,"

Kurt looked at Spencer then towards Finn, "sorry, uh," Spencer frowned, "but if i wanted to sing about Jesus, i'd go to church," Spencer nods his head, "and the reason i don't go to church is because most churches don't think every much of gay people,"

"or women," Spencer looks at Puck with furrowed eyebrows, "or science,"

Mercedes looked at Samaria who smiled at her friend, "i don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here," Quinn nods her head, "i agree, i've had a really hard year, and i turned to god for a lot of help, i, or one, wouldn't mind saying thanks,"

Santana turns towards Quinn, "thanks for what? that it didn't come out a lizard baby?" Spencer bit his lip, "whenever i pray, i fall asleep,"

"well," Mr Schuester looks at the new directions, "guys, maybe our song selections don't have to be about Jesus," Mr Schuester turns to Finn, "we could do songs about spirituality,"

Puck furrowed his eyebrows, "you got a problem with Jesus?" Puck looks at his best friend, "oh, i got no problem with the guy, i'm a total Jew for Jesus, he's my number one heb,"

Puck looks at Finn, "what i don't like seeing is problem using j-money to cramp everybody else's style, 'cause it seems to me that true spirituality or whatever you want to call it is about enjoying the life that you've been given,"

Puck smirks, "i mean, i see god every time i make out with a new chick," Spencer high fives Puck, "okay, okay," Rachel looked at Puck, "that doesn't make any sense, in fact it's stupid,"

Puck looked at Rachel, "are you calling Mr Billy Joel stupid?" Rachel frowned when Puck stood up, "at this time, i'd like to continue my streak of doing only songs by jewish artists,"

Puck looked at Spencer, "you wanna help me?" Spencer shrugged his shoulders, "sure, i've got nothing else to do," Puck and Spencer grabbed accounting guitars when Puck whispers the song into Spencer's ear, "hit it,"

"come out," Puck and Spencer strummed their guitars, "Virginia, don't let me wait," Spencer smiled, "you catholic girls start much too late,"

Puck nods his head at Spencer, "oh, but sooner or later, it comes down to fate," Spencer smiled when some of the new directions smiled at his voice, "i might as well be the one,"

Spencer sang with Puck, Brittany clapped her hands, "well, they showed you a statue, told you to pray," Spencer danced with the guitar around his shoulders, "they built you a temple and locked you away,"

"oh.." Puck snag by himself, "but they never told you the price that you'd pay for things that you might have done," Spencer smirked at the new directions when he starts singing with Puck, "only the good die young!"

"whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa, oh.." Puck danced around with Spencer, "you got a nice white dress," Spencer stood in front Santana when Puck stood in front Quinn, "and a party on your confirmation,"

"you got a brand-new soul," the two of them moved away from their ex-girlfriends, "mmm, and a cross of gold,"

Spencer put down his guitar, as Puck strummed his, "come out, come out, come out.." Santana, Brittany and Samaria jumped down from the platform, dancing with Spencer, "Virginia, don't let me wait,"

Artie wheels towards them, "you catholic girls start much too late," Santana smiled at Spencer, "but sooner or later, it comes down to fate,"

Spencer looked at Quinn, "i might as well be the one," Santana watched as Spencer held Quinn's hand, "you know that only the good die young,"

the new directions sang with Spencer and Puck, Santana leaning down towards Artie who smiled.

Spencer swayed his hips beside Santana and Brittany, as he watched as they clapped their hands putting it over their heads, "tell ya, baby,"

the new directions clapped their hands, the cheerios skirt swaying when Spencer looked down at Santana's cheerio skirt with a bit of his lip.

"oh!" Mr Schuester high fives Puck and Spencer, as the two of them fist bump when Sean and Mike comes towards Spencer jumping onto him.

***

Spencer sat down beside Micaela in Spanish class, when he was talking to her in English, as he saw Mr Schuester and Ms Pillsbury come into his classroom, "Kurt? Spencer?"

the two boys turned their heads towards Mr Schuester, "can we talk to you guys outside?" their smiles faded, as they both knew something bad happened, "y..yeah,"

Spencer picked up his bag when he looked at Micaela, "i'll see you later, okay," Micaela nods her head, pressing a kiss to her boyfriend's best friend cheek, "yeah..."

***

Spencer stood in hospital with his head in his hands, when he sees a doctor turning the corner, "where is he?"

Kurt, Ms Pillsbury, Spencer and Mr Schuester all stood up, "is he dead?" Kurt frowned at Spencer, who just rubbed his arm, "no, he's alive, but i'm sorry i don't have any other good news,"

Kurt and Spencer looked at the Male doctor, "we want to see him," Spencer struggled against Mr Schuester's grip, "i'm fine, we just want to see him,"

the Male doctor looked at the two younger boys, "he hasn't regained consciousness," the doctor held a hand to Kurt's and Spencer's chest, "i thought he had a heart attack,"

Spencer bit onto his lip, "brought on by an arrhythmia, which caused a lack of bliss to his brain," Spencer frowned at the doctor's need, "that's what made him lose consciousness, and what's keeping him comatose,"

Spencer sighed, "we have him on lidocaine, but there no guarantees they're going to work," Spencer sighed, running his hand through his hair, "or what kind of damage was done to his brain by the lack of oxygen,"

"we don't understand what you're saying," tears ran down Kurt's face, "when is he going to wake up?" the doctor frowned at them, "i don't know,"

Mr Schuester put a hand to Spencer's and Kurt's shoulders, "okay," Mr Schuester sighed, ".. just, just, just take us to him now, please,"

Kurt and Spencer walked in front of them with their arms crossed over their chests, Kurt opens the curtains to see his dad with wires connected to him, "i need a minute,"

Ms Pillsbury looked at Kurt, "i don't think you should be alone, Kurt.." more tears ran slowly down Kurt's face, "pleas just give me a moment alone with my father,"

Spencer frowned at Kurt, "we'll be right outside," Spencer squeezes Kurt's hand with a look on his face, "whenever you're ready,"

***

Spencer hugged Kurt, when he was the first one to the enter the choir room with the new directions behind him, Mike and Sean pats his back while Brooke and Micaela both hug him after.

Spencer looks Quinn, when she nods her head as Spencer stood beside Kurt, "hey, Kurt," Santana looked at Spencer then towards Kurt, "we're really sorry about your dad's heart attack,"

Kurt looked at Santana nodding his head, as Quinn sat on the opposite side of him, "thanks Santana," Brittany pulls out paper from her folder, "i did a book report on heart attacks,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "if you want to give it to the doctors," Spencer half smiled, "i got knocked down an entire letter grade cause it was written in crayon,"

Finn came into the choir room, coming towards Spencer and Kurt, "what the hell happened?" Spencer frowned at Finn, "Kurt's dad is in the hospital,"

"i know!" Finn looked at his brother and Kurt, "my mom just called me, i feel like i'm the last one to know! even Spencer knows!" Spencer looked at Finn, "because i was in the same class, when it happened,"

Kurt looked at Finn, "well, i'm sorry, Finn," Spencer frowned, "it didn't occur to me to call you, because he's not your father!" Finn looked at Spencer, "and he's not Spencer's father either!"

Spencer frowned, "yeah, well, he's like the only actual person, he the closest we're ever going to get, okay?" Finn looks at him, "i know it may not look like what everybody else has, but i thought we were... sort of a family,"

Kurt shook his head at Finn, when he turns to Spencer when the two of them sat down beside each other, "look, i.. i guess, i just.. i didn't like overhearing other people talking about it in gym class,"

Spencer moves his bag away from the space from beside him, when Finn sits down beside his brother, "hey, guys," Mr Schuester looks at them, "our thoughts are all with Kurt, and, uh, i know it's sort of hard to really focus on anything else,"

Finn pats Kurt's shoulder over Spencer when Kurt shook his head as Finn moves his hand away, "Mr Schue,"

Mr Schuester looks towards Mercedes, "yeah," Mercedes looks at him, "i've been struggling, trying to figure out what i wanted to say to Kurt all day," Spencer turns to Mercedes, "and i realise i don't want to say it, i want to sing it,"

Mr Schuester motions for Mercedes to come to front, "this song is about being in a very dark place," Mercedes stood in front of them, "and turning to god,"

"it's a spiritual song, Mr Schue, is that okay?" Mr Schuester half smiled, "it's fine," he smiled at Mercedes.

"Brooke, Tina, Quinn, can you help me out, please?" the three girls made their way towards Mercedes, when Micaela, Samaria and Maisy frowned.

'i look at you' plays as Mercedes snag lead with Brooke, Tina and Quinn singing in the background towards Kurt, who wore a straight face.

"thank you, Mercedes," Kurt looked at Mercedes, when Brooke and Tina made their way towards Mason and Mike when Quinn sat down beside Kurt, "your voice is stunning, but.. i don't believe in god,"

Maisy furrowed her eyebrows, "wait, what?" Kurt looked behind him, "you've all professed your beliefs, i'm just stating mine,"

Spencer bit onto his lip, when Sean, Micaela, Mason and Samaria frown, "i think god is kind of like Santa Claus for adults, otherwise, god's kind of a jerk, isn't he?"

Spencer frowns, "i mean, he makes me gay and then has his followers going around telling me it's something that i chose," Finn furrowed his eyebrows, "as if someone would choose to be mocked every single day of their life, and right now i don't want a Heavenly Father,"

Spencer gulped, "i want my real one back," Mercedes looked at her sister who frowned then towards her best friend, "but Kurt, how do you know for sure? i mean, you can't prove that there's no god,"

Kurt looked in front of him, "you can't prove that there isn't a magic teapot floating around on the dark side of the moon with a dwarf inside of it that reads romance novels and shoots lightning out of its boobs," Spencer smirks, "but it seems pretty unlikely, doesn't it?"

"is god an evil dwarf?" Santana put her hand onto Brittany's shoulder, "we shouldn't be talking like this, it's not right," Kurt looked at Quinn, "i'm sorry, Quinn,"

Kurt stood up, "but you all can believe whatever you want to," Spencer scratched his cheek, "but i can't believe something i don't, i appreciate your thoughts..but i don't want your prayers,"

and Kurt walked out of the choir room, without looking back at the new directions who frowned at each other, "well, that went very badly,"

***

Spencer looked at Mike and Sewn, "have you seen the new game i got?" his two best friends shook their heads, when they put their football bags into Spencer's bedroom.

"i've got the new black ops," Sean and Mike both grin at each other, "yeah, me and Finn were playing it yesterday," Spencer put his football bag down onto his desk table, "i will go get it,"

Spencer walked out of his bedroom, with sweat dripping down from his neck onto his chest, as he had on a white tank top, he sees the grilled cheese sandwich outside of his bedroom.

"what the hell?" he furrowed his eyebrows, picking it up heading towards Finn's bedroom, "Finn-" Spencer opened the bedroom door to see Finn's hand on Rachel's boob, "Spence!"

Spencer closed his eyes, dropping the sandwich onto Finn's desk, "i...i just wanted to get my black ops game," Finn nods his head, when the two of them sat up.

Spencer pressed a button onto Finn's ps3 when he gets it his game, when he quickly closed Finn's bedroom door, "eww," he cringed, shaking his body.

when he goes towards his bedroom, throwing Mike the game in the disk, "here.." he runs towards his bathroom, putting water onto his face.

***

"last week we were too sexy," Tina stared up at Spencer, who raised his hands, "i can't help but girls think i'm sexy," Spencer smirks when Sean and Mike both playful punch his arm, "this week we're too religious, we can't win,"

Brittany looked at them, "now i know what Miley feels like," Rachel looked at Mr Schuester, "the real tragedy here is that i found the most perfect spiritual song to sing this week, and now it's been torn away from me like Sophie's daughter,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "who's Sophie's daughter?" Sean and Mike both shrugged their shoulders, "guys,"

Mr Schuester looked at them, "you can still sing whatever songs you like that sums up your feelings about god, about spirit," Mr Schuester sighed, "you just can't do it on school time,"

Santana twirler her ponytail in her fingers, "i hope your happy, Kurt," Spencer glared up at Santana, "having the week of my life, actually,"

"guys.." Mr Schuester looked at them, "back off Kurt, okay?" Spencer nods his head at Santana, "he had every right to speak his mind,"

Artie nods his head, "look, Kurt, we're sympathetic to what you're going through, but siding with Miss Sylvester isn't gonna do anyone any good," Mercedes looked at Kurt, "it's doing me some good, now irony have to sit around listening to all you metal patients talk about how there's a god when i know there isn't one,"

***

Spencer stood in the boys locker room with his football jersey on, "Jesus, i need to tell you much you rule," he smiled towards his cross necklace, "anyway i need another favour, so Jesus.. i pray that Finn makes quarterback again,"

Spencer sighed as he closed his blue eyes, "i know Sam's a good dude, but he can't throw directly at me, he always throws the ball a bit to the side," Spencer sighed, "i'm the most popular guy in the school but i can't even get Quinn to go out with me,"

"what are you doing?" Mike and Sean come towards their best friend, who was looking at his cross necklace, "nothing,"

Spencer moves his head away from his locker, "so i pray before i play football.. what's the big deal?" Sean and Mike looked at Spencer, "you're not gonna tell anybody about this, are you?"

"no," the two best friends stared at their best friend, "no, we'd never do that to you, Spence," Sean closed his locker, "to tell you the truth, i actually am pretty bummed about Kurt's dad,"

Mike looked at Sean, "i've kind of been praying for him," Spencer's eyes widened, "you pray as well?"

Sean and Mike both nod their head, "Spence, you know my mom, she used to make me and Quinn go to church with her and our dad," Spencer frowned at the mention of Sean's and Quinn's dad, "what do you pray for?"

"the same thing," Sean narrowed his brown eyes at Spencer, who looked back at them, "what i do,"

***

"good night.." Rachel touched Burt's head, as Burt still didn't move, "what's going on in here?"

the five of them stood up, "we..we were just praying for your dad," Mercedes looked at Kurt, "Rachel, Quinn and i we're just taking turns, we're from different denominations and religions, so we figured one of us is bound to be right,"

"i didn't ask you to do this," Spencer's and Finn's mom looked at Kurt, "honey, i know you're upset about what's happening, i get it," Spencer frowned, "but friends help out, even when you don't ask,"

"Mr Kurt Hummel?" Finn looks at Kurt, "dude, why you just tell us you wanted to pray in Muslim?" the sikh looks at Finn, "i'm not Muslim, i'm Sikh,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "she's gonna see if acupuncture will improve the circulation to my dad's brain," Spencer winced, "amazingly, needles pierce the skin better than psalms,"

Spencer watched as the Sikh gets a needle from her bag, "can you all please leave now?" Carole touched Spencer's arm, when he frowned, "we just wanted to do something,"

Quinn looked at Spencer then towards Kurt, as she frowned at Kurt.

***

"red 42 on three," Sam looked around the football players when Spencer furrowed his eyebrows when they clapped their hands, "break,"

"w..wait," Finn looks at the McKinley football players, "normally Spencer would do that," Spencer shrugged his shoulders, "but anyway that cornerback's been cheating right all night,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "we should do naked bootleg left," Spencer's eyes widened as he remembered what he had prayed for, "that ogre linebacker's on the left, he's been killing me all game,"

Spencer sighed, "and he's been killing us, because we're not winning," Sam looked at Spencer with a frown on his face, "dude, trust Spence, he's the only guy in this team, who's ever actually won a game on this field,"

"okay," Sam looked at Spencer who just bit onto his lip, "naked bootleg left, i keep on three," Finn nods his head, "all right, you ready?"

"break," the McKinley football players clapped their hands when Sean and Mike looks at Spencer wit frowns, "what's Finn doing?"

Spencer looked at his best friends, "he wants to get his quarterback place again," Mike looked at Spencer, "yeah, and he's gonna get Sam badly hurt by doing that,"

Spencer winced they got into their positions, "i hope this goes good," Sam looked at Finn, "yah! hike!"

Mike hiked the ball towards Sam, when Spencer ran down the field, looking around himself for any defenders, "Spence!"

Spencer caught the ball when he fell to the ground, his hand banging hard onto the field when he winced, "oh, my god,"

Sean and Mike ran towards their best friend, "oh, my god, Spence, are you okay?" Spencer tried to lift his arm up, when he groaned, "i think my arm's broken,"

the football team's face fell, when they heard Spencer say those words, "w..what? Spence, we need you," Karofsky and Azimio looked down at Spencer, "we can win without you,"

"is he okay?" Coach Beiste looked down at Spencer, "his arm is probably broken," Coach Beiste looks at Finn, "this is what happens when you change my plans in the huddle,"

Finn looked down at his brother, "he wasn't meant to get hurt," Mike and Sean glare at Spencer's brother, "i don't understand that guy came out of nowhere,"

Coach Beiste put her hand onto Spencer's arm, "i know," Spencer winced, "that kid has been cheating all night, no reason for him to be there,"

"it's just bad luck," Spencer looked up at Sam through his football helmet, "we need to get him to the nurse,"

"okay, let's go," Coach Beiste looked at Sean and Mike, when they went towards Spencer, helping their best friends stand probably.

Coach Beiste threw the football towards Finn, "it's in your hands, now," Finn frowned, "i don't know how to play running back,"

Coach Beiste looked at Finn, "well, congratulations, you're the running back, since your brother is injured,"

Santana looked at Coach Sylvester when she nods her head, as Sue sees Santana staring at her ex-boyfriend, "thanks, coach.."

Santana ran after Spencer, seeing Spencer being put onto the nurse's comfortable table, "Santana.."

Sean and Mike run past Santana with small smiles on their faces, "Spence.. what happened," Santana went beside Spencer, grabbing a bandage from the drawers, when she sees his knuckles bleeding, "ohh, that looks bad,"

Spencer looked down to his arm, to see his bone almost sticking out, "yeah.." he half smiled when Santana stroked his cheek, "i'm not really good at looking after you,"

Spencer let out a small chuckle, when he shook his head, "no, you're really not, but then again when we were dating, i never got ill, you always did," Santana smiled, "yeah.."

***

"i know things have been pretty morose," Spencer looked down to his sling where it held his casted arm, "around here this past week,"

Mr Schuester looked at Spencer, "but i want to celebrate some good news for our little family," Mr Schuester looked at Finn, "let's hear it for Finn on getting running back, and leading the titans to a win with the help of Mike Chang and Sean Fabray,"

the three boys half smile when Spencer looked at Finn, "y..you're running back?" Finn nods his head, "yeah, but when you come back to the football team, you can have your space back and you're still football captain,"

Spencer frowned at Finn when he sighed nodding his head, "i'm gonna be wearing this for 2 months," the new directions frown, "too bad Spencer had to have his arm broken for it to happen," Puck looked at Spencer, "the football team have been planning on hunting that kid who hurt you down,"

Kurt walked towards Mr Schuester, "Mr Schue, if i may?" Spencer furrowed his eyebrows at Kurt, "yeah," Kurt looked at them, "um, i wanted to thank everyone for your kind e-mails and queries about my dad, but for your information, his condition remains the same,"

Spencer sighed, "i need to express myself, so with your permission," he turned to Mr Schuester, "Mr Schue, i've prepared a number for her occasion,"

"of course, Kurt." Mr Schuester looked at Spencer, who looking at his casted arm with a sigh coming off of his lips, "on the day of mom's funeral, when they were lowering her body into the ground, i was crying,"

Spencer frowned, he had never been to a funeral, because his dad ashes were in a pot at home in a golden pot.

"i mean, that was it," Spencer looked at Santana, who frowned towards the Hummel boy, "it was the last time i was ever going to see her, and i remember i looked up at my dad and i...i just wanted him to say something," Spencer frowns, "just something to make me fell like my whole world wasn't over, and he just took my hand and squeezed it,"

Kurt held his hands, "and just knowing that those hands were there to take care of me... that was enough,"

Santana looked at Brittany who frowned from beside Sean, "this is for my dad," Kurt perfomed 'I Want To Hold Your Hand'.

***

"i have to confess something," Ms Pillsbury frowned looking at Spencer, "i'm the reason that i got myself hurt,"

Ms Pillsbury furrowed her blondish eyebrows, "h..how did you get yourself hurt?" Spencer sighed, "i prayed to Jesus if he could hurt Sam, to get Finn back on the football team,"

Ms Pillsbury opened her mouth, "i know i shouldn't have said that, but.." Spencer scratched his cheek with his left hand, "Finn was really annoying before he was back on the football team, always wanting me to help him, so i did..."

"i sacrificed myself to get my twin brother back onto the football team," Ms Pillsbury furrowed her eyebrows, "okay.."

"where to start?" Spencer shook his head, "no, no, i know it sounds crazy, but it really isn't, i didn't mean for myself to get hurt!" Spencer let out a breath, "okay, okay.."

Ms Pillsbury calms down Spencer, "let's just, let's just take a second, okay?" Spencer slowly nods his head, "um... look, first, the football team win the football game because of Sean and Mike,"

Spencer smiled at the mention of his best friends, "uh, more importantly, you didn't hurt yourself," Spencer holds up his casted arm, "uh, i really did,"

Spencer looked at Ms Pillsbury who lets out a sigh, "it was a 300-pound left tackle who just got expelled because he's on steroids and he's 23," Spencer's eyes widen, "and the football team wanted to hunt him down and beat the shit out of them,"

Spencer's eyes widen as he swore, "i'm sorry," Ms Pillsbury looked at Spencer, "god works in all kind of mysterious ways, but i'm pretty sure he doesn't spend a lot of time trying to speak to us through necklaces,"

Spencer looked up at Ms Pillsbury, "so, you're saying it was my fault that i got myself hurt?" Ms Pillsbury shrugged her shoulders, "i don't know Spencer, but god works in all different ways,"

"you look disappointed," Spencer frowns, "i am," he looked down at his arms, "it was cool being the running back because everyone looked at me like i was the King of McKinley and now i'm nothing,"

"you're not alone," Ms Pillsbury shook her head, "the big question are really both for a reason.. they're hard, but you know what? absolutely everybody struggles with them,"

"and Spencer?" Spencer looked at Ms Pillsbury, "everyone in this school idolises you, the girls love you, the guys want to be you,"

"oh..."

Spencer walked out of Ms Pillsbury's office, with his black bag around his shoulders walking through the hallway, "life is bigger,"

"it's bigger than you and you are not me," Spencer sees some cheerios and football players smirk at him, "the lengths that i will go to,"

"the distance in your eyes," Spencer walked down the hallway, "i've said enough,"

Spencer walked into the library to see Kurt crying on a library comfortable chair, "that's me in the corner," Spencer frowns, "that's me in the spotlight, losing my religion,"

"trying to keep up with you," Spencer bit onto his lip, "and i don't know if i can do it," Spencer runs towards the choir room.

he threw his bag onto the piano, "oh, no, i've said too much," the new directions looked at Spencer, "i haven't said enough,"

the new directions wore frowns on their faces, "i thought that i heard you laughing, i thought that i heard you sing," Kurt frown at Spencer, when Finn furrowed his eyebrows.

"i think i thought i saw you cry," Samaria, Micaela, Sean and Mike frown at Spencer, "but that was just a dream,"

"just a dream, just a dream.." Spencer looked around the choir room, "dream.." Quinn tapped her face, when she frowned towards the boy she liked.

"i thought we couldn't sing songs about religion," Maisy furrowed her perfectly plucked eyebrows from beside Finn, "evidently, we can't sing about faith, but we can sing about losing faith?"

Mr Schuester looked at Mercedes, "that's sort of what i want to talk about today," Mr Schuester came towards Spencer, "well, earlier in the week, Spencer,"

Mr Schuester looked at his favourite student, "it seemed like you felt differently," Spencer put his hands beside him, "well, i used to think God was up there looking over me, now, i'm really not so sure,"

Spencer put his left hand onto his jean pocket, when he frowned as Sean and Mike came towards their best friend and pat his back.

***

Spencer walked beside Kurt and Mercedes, wearing a blazer over his white buttoned up long sleeve with black jeans on, "i'm very impressed with everyone's Sunday best,"

Kurt looked at Mercedes and Spencer, "it's to Christ-Chic," Spencer smiled at Kurt, "i hope our genuflection to the great spaghetti monster on this sky don't take too long,"

Mercedes and Spencer smiled at the people who stood there, "my sikh is coming again at 2:00 to do more acupuncture on my dad,"

"is it working?" Spencer and Mercedes both turned towards Kurt, with their eyebrows raised, "not yet, nothing is,"

Spencer bit his lip, "don't worry, it will," Mercedes looked at the two of them, when she taps their arm, motioning them towards the seats.

Spencer and Kurt kneel on one leg, doing the gestures in the church when Mercedes chuckled, "i have to go with my choir,"

Mercedes pressed a kiss to both of those cheeks, "wait, don't, don't.." Mercedes rubbed Kurt's cheek when she went towards her choir, "hi, church.."

"hi.." the church people smiled at Mercedes, "i have a favour to ask you guys," Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "my friend Kurt Hummel's dad is in the hospital, and it's pretty bad,"

Kurt frowned, "and i know we have all of our own worries and troubles, but if we could just put them aside and focus all of our prayers and give them to Burt Hummel," Spencer smiled at Mercedes, "and to my friends Spencer and Kurt,"

Mercedes looked at Kurt, "i know you don't believe in god, and you don't believe in the power of prayer, and that's okay," Spencer rubs Kurt's arm, "to each his own,"

"but you gotta believe in something," Kurt looked at Mercedes, "something more than you can touch, taste or see," Mercedes half smiled, "cause life is too hard to go through it alone, without something to hold onto and without something that sacred,"

Kurt slowly nods his head, "anyway, Kurt, this song is for you," Spencer smiled at Mercedes then towards Kurt.

Mercedes performed with her choir group, 'Bridge over Troubled Water', Kurt and Spencer smiled, "trouble the water,"

"water.." Mercedes sang, as a tear slipped from Spencer's and Kurt's eyes when they stopped clapping.

***

Spencer watched through the window, as Kurt held onto his dad's hand when Spencer looked at Kurt with a frown on his face.

Spencer sighed, scratching his cheek with his left hand, "please god.." Spencer closed his eyes, when he saw Kurt standing up, "dad?"

"Nurse Nancy!" Spencer came towards nurse Nancy, "he's awake, he's awake," Spencer ran towards Burt's hospital room, when he looked at Kurt, "what happened?"

Kurt looked up at Spencer, "he...he squeezed my hand," Spencer pulled Kurt into a hug, "see i told you, it would work,"

***

"if God had a name what it would it be?" Maisy leaned against Spencer, as the new directions wore white outfits, "and would you call it to his face,"

"if you were faced with him in all his glory?" Spencer looked down at Maisy, hugging her with his left arm, "what would you ask if you had just one question?"

"and yeah," Spencer looked towards Sean, who started singing with him, "yeah, god is great," the two best friends smiled at each other, "yeah, yeah,"

Quinn and Samaria were now the ones leaning against Spencer, his hands in his pockets, "God is good,"

"yeah, yeah.." the new directions looked at Mr Schuester, "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.." Rachel held onto Spencer's left arm, "what if God was one of us?"

"what if God was one of us?" Brooke and Mercedes looked at each other and sang, "one of us?"

"oh, just a slob like one of us?" Spencer bit his lip, "just a slob like one of us?" Brooke and Mercedes smiled, "oh, just a stranger on the bus,"

Spencer frowns, "trying to make his way home?" Santana looked up at Spencer as Spencer's voice was more louder, "just trying to make his way home,"

"just trying to make his way home," Spencer looked at his friends, "yeah, yeah.."

"God is good," the new directions all turned towards Maisy who finished her line when they all hugged each other, "just trying to make his way home,"

{Season 2, Episode 3: "Grilled Cheesus"}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 8K 54
𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐄 𝐗 𝐎𝐂 ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ "indecisive feeling of enjoyment. hold the thought, i think i need a moment. ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ in which a always happy blonde...
12.1K 265 13
When Victoria Berry is forced into auditioning for Glee Club by her sister, she finds herself tangled in incessant drama. What could happen when a ce...
16.3K 756 48
"Isaac?" He's grown, she noted. "Hey," he greets nonchalantly brushing sweaty brown curls off his forehead. He bends down slightly to bridge the gap...
2.6K 82 17
Glee Club. The lowest of the low at McKinley High. Jack Andrews the schools golden boy joins all because of a plan. Behind his golden boy image, is a...