Is This Fate or Misfortune?

By Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... More

Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World

27.3K 592 1.1K
By Skyslovely

This story is also available on Quotev.
____________________

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Groaning exhaustedly, you shift beneath the plump covers of your bed, the sheets ruffling and wrapping themselves tighter around your form, and feeling uncomfortable, you kick the covers off, slowly sitting up and glaring at the alarm clock that lies on your dresser. 'It's too early to be getting up. I'd rather just stay in bed for the rest of the day.' Flicking your wrist in the direction of the alarm clock, the irritating rings of the alarm falls silent, allowing the room to transcend into a peaceful calm. Although exhaustion clings to your bones, you rise from the bed and head to the bathroom, all the while pulling at the birds nest you would call your hair. I had to say up all night watching Black Butler. Well, at least it was worth it.'

Washing up and throwing on an outfit, you begin the climb to the first floor, the floorboards beneath your socks creaking with each step you took. With lazy steps, you enter the empty kitchen, taking the time to heat some leftovers in the microwave before entering the living room and turning on the TV. The Black Butler episode from yesterday was still paused, the video just halfway through to the end. There's still enough time before you need to leave, might as well finish the episode.

Settling in the comfortable cushions of the couch, you resume the episode, falling once more into your fantasies of the show. 'I don't care if Sebastian's a demon, I'd want that ass any day. At this point, just about every character in this show is hot. And I can't even forget the Undertaker.' The remainder of the episode flies by, and it's then that you take a chance to look at your phone. 7:05 A.M. Abruptly you stand. Even if you wanted to start a new episode, there just wasn't enough time to do so. 'Why~ I just wanted to watch more. If I don't hurry up, I'm going to be late to class.'

Through hasty actions, the dishes are washed and you race to the front door, slinging your backpack over your shoulders and taking one last sweeping glance around the empty house. Your gaze falls upon a portrait on a nearby table, the smiling faces of your parents staring back at you. In the large empty expanse of the house, their absence is profound. 'I wish the two of you were here. I can't believe it's already been seven years.' Emotions cloud within your chest, and it takes a moment before you're able to pull yourself from the turmoil of your memories. With a last glance you shut the door, locking it in place before jogging down the street towards school.

The streets leading to school are relatively empty, although few cars drove past, those of people on their way to work and other responsibilities. There's a hush silent in the early morning; dew coats the grass and shrubs, and the wind is chilly and moist from the thunderstorm last night. Soggy papers are stapled to telephone poles, bold warning letters and mugshots printed across them and warning citizens of the turmoil that plagues the world. Nausea rises in the back of my throat at the propaganda that inscribed on the paper, the very same propaganda that's seen across every form of media. Casting nervous glances around, you pulled the straps of the backpack closer and resume your way to school.

The imposing foundation of the high school appears in front, the ringing echoes of the school bell resounding throughout the academy and sending you running towards your homeroom class. 'It's only the first bell, there's still time to not be late.' Students judgmentally stare as you ran, but you ignored their attention, focusing simply on reaching the classroom. Bursting through the homeroom class door, you settle into your seat all the while ignoring the stares from your fellow classmates. Dropping your backpack to the side, you collapse on the desk, your cheek pressing against its cool surface while you attempted to catch your breath.

Something nudges your shoulder. Sighing, you sit up and look to Courtney, the closest friend here at this school who sat directly to your right. "Good morning~ You were just seconds away from being late. You certainly got lucky." Without giving you a chance to respond, she leans closer, presenting her phone so that you could read. "Check what's popular on the news today. Everybody's been talking about it. It's about time the government got something done about all of this."

Dread builds within. With bated breath and clenched fists, you read over the title of the news article. ANOTHER WITCH BURNED AT THE STAKE! THE GOVERNMENT ISSUES HUNTS FOR MAGIC-USERS!

Gasping in horror, you drew away, shivering at the picture of a young woman being stoned and burned alive at the stake. Thankfully, Courtney was too absorbed in reading the article to have noticed your small mistake.

"Can you believe it? They were able to find another one of those witches. Ah! I'm so glad they were able to dispose of that wretched being," she merrily exclaimed, continuing to talk without giving you a chance to speak.

Sorrowfully, you stare at her, heartbroken over the news. "But, they're still human. Even if they can use magic, they shouldn't be treated like this."

Blankly she looks at you, only to mocking laugh at your worried demeanor, a hand covering her mouth that did nothing to stifle her chuckling. "You're so funny (Y/N). Oh, come on. They're nothing but savages, as if they deserve to be treated like us."

Humming softly in sadness, you glance out the window; Courtney taking it that you were agreeing with her and diverting her attention back to her phone.

The first period bell rung, leading Courtney to glance up from her phone screen. "Well, that's the bell. I'm off to my first class." She quickly grabbed her bag, heading out the door with a farewell wave in goodbye.

Slowly, you picked up your bag while sliding out of the chair and trudged your way to your first class. "I can't believe people like her exist. Why am I even friends with her?"

The hallways are crowded, students from each year bustle down the lengthy halls, many of them in groups or pairs and conversing in various vivid conversations that entertain one another. Alone you trekked through the gathering, squeezing and navigating past classmates to avoid bumping into any of them in order to make it to your next class. A hard surface bumped into your shoulder, and you stumbled back wincing in pain. Your gaze shoots upwards and into the aggravated gaze of William Brown. His scowls slides into a cocky smirk once he realized who you were.

"Well, if it isn't (F/N) (L/N). What's a freak like you doing in my halls?" Fear clenches at your heat as he towered over your figure, and your eyes widened when he gripped onto tour wrist, tightly squeezing it.

Despite your anxiousness, irritation builds at his demeanor, and you pulled back to make him release you, however, his grip only tightened more. "I don't want to be late for my class, so let me go," you hissed through gritted teeth. The familiar tingle of magic run down into your hands and fingertips, but you willed it back knowing the consequences if you used it.

He leaned down, his voice growing suspicious. "I don't trust you one bit. I know that I saw you use magic after school last week, even if you say that you didn't. I will find a way to show everyone." He sneered at you, and although his threat frightened you, you yanked your hand away, glaring at him and daring him to do something.

"You don't know anything! The only thing you're doing right now is accusing an innocent girl! Now leave me alone!" You stalked off, your fists clenched at your sides.

You were pissed that you had ran into him and yet.. you slowed down to a walk. There was a chance that he could actually tell others that you were a magic-user and who knew what could happen to you if people found out. Dread filled you as you anxiously continued to walk down the hall. You did not want the government to catch you. Too lost in your thoughts, you failed to have realized that you'd walked into your first class. "Fuck. What am I going to do?"

"Ms. (L/N)!" Your teacher sharply exclaimed, and you glanced around perplex. The students stared at you, some bewildered and others amused, while a couple giggled in the back. "That is quite inappropriate! Do you want to be sent to the principal's?"

You cast your gaze away and mumbled, "No mam."

Mrs. Stein adjusted her glasses and headed to her desk. "That's what I thought. Now head to your desk."

You made your way to your desk, ignoring the snickers of your classmates as you passed them. Your desk was located in the back and with a sigh, you collapse into your chair, weary even with it being the beginning of the day. Ignoring the teacher's lecture, you turned your gazed to the window looking outside at the sunny atmosphere beyond it. 'If only it would rain.'

"Rain, rain, come our way. Fill the sky, soothe the land. I give you water from my hand," you muttered underneath your breath.

Rubbing your forehead, you watched as gray clouds began to build up in the sky, casting a gloomy shadow onto the land below. Small raindrops began cascading against the classroom window making a 'pitter-patter' noise that resonated through the room. It was only moments later when it started pouring harder, leaving streaks down the windowsill.

"It wasn't suppose to rain today," a classmate murmured.

"Ms. (L/N) when did we start burning magic users at the stake?"

You snapped to attention, swiveling your eyes toward Mrs. Stein who glowered at you. "In the year of 1939," you stuttered, cringing at the thought of thousands of innocent people who were killed for something they couldn't control.

"Correct," she stated. "Pay attention in class now." She walked around her desk and pulled down the world map. "Magic users were first found in Russia a hundred years back. Not much had been known about them then, except that they hold very dangerous powers. It was only recently that our scientists have found very interesting facts about these people. Though most of them are burned at the stake or killed on spot, some are experimented on to help give us a better understanding of them. So far we know that they are stronger than the average human and some seem to have the ability to also shapeshift, though they all come with their own levels of strength. We also know that their magic can take a toll on their bodies and can use up their energy. The more advance the spell is, the more it takes a toll on them. Our army has been doing a lot to be able to protect humanity from these savages. Even now scientists are creating new technology that can help us put a stop to these evil forces."

"Mrs. Stein." A hand shot up from the front of the class, it belonging to a quiet girl named Ava.

"Yes Ava."

"What about that new theory in using the magic users magic against them?"

"Ah! Yes, that excellent theory," Mrs. Stein began as she paced around the room. "For those of you that don't know, scientists are closed to discovering a way to use the savages magic against them. They are closed to completing a machine that would enable us to drain the magic from a vessel, otherwise known as these magic users."

"But wouldn't it...."

"Yes it would."

"Sweet," you heard somebody yell and looked to the side to see two guys in your row fist bumping. "Taking the magic for us and killing them as well. Like killing two birds with one stone," one said.

Shaking your head, you rested it onto your arms and closed your eyes. Blocking out everything around you, you tried to ignore the rude comments of your classmates on "your kind."

'This is going to be a long day.'

Waving goodbye to Courtney at the end of the school day, you placed your work books in your locker before heading off campus. You stretched as you walked, relieved that the day was over and you were going home to watch more Black Butler. The rain from earlier had finally cleared and the scent of dew remained strong in the air as you walked. Puddles littered in the street and sidewalks, having pooled up and making the ground slippery.

Soft mewing instantly caught your attention and you glanced around trying to find the source of the noise. Looking around the area, you eventually spotted a tiny kitten cooped up underneath a nearby bus bench. Heading up to the creature, you couldn't help but pity it upon seeing the condition it was in. Its fur was matted up, most likely loaded with fleas, and its ribs were poking through the fur, showing signs that it had been starving.

Crouching down you held out a hand to it, hoping that it would come closer. The kitten was clearly frightened, but to your joy it began to creep towards you. Coming forward, the kitten licked your fingers making you laugh out in delight. Stroking its fur and head it began to purr, showing that it was pleased with what you were doing.

"I'm sorry. I won't be able to bring you home. I don't have enough money to raise myself and a cat," you wistfully told it, only to cautiously look around to see that no one was around you. "But here." With a flick, a whole raw fish magically appeared and you placed it on the ground before the kitten. The kitten sniffed at it first, before taking it in its jaws and racing off.

You chuckled at it, before heaving yourself back onto your feet, once again heading home, having been too lost in thought to have noticed a very familiar person hiding behind a tree videoing you.

"I'm home," you whispered softly to a quiet house. Throwing your bag to the side and taking out your phone, you collapsed onto the couch, turning on Netflix. "Finally time to relax and watch more Black Butler."

That was what you thought until you heard loud banging on the door. "OPEN UP!" A loud gruff voice called out. "This is the Against Magic Assembly. We have video proof that you are a witch. We have the place surrounded. COME OUT NOW!!"

Your face paled as you blanked out for a moment. "No.. this cant be happening.. " The only explanation for this would have to be William. With your phone in hand you leapt up from the couch, using your magic to barricade the door with it.

"We're coming in 10.."

Fear raced through you as you fought to think clearly. You were surrounded which meant you had no place to go. It was then that you remembered. The secret basement room that had saved your life seven years ago.

Racing toward it, you lifted the hatch about to run in. Your gaze settles on the picture of your parents and you felt your face sadden. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect the house mom... dad..."

"5... 4..."

Pulling the hatch open, and darting inside, you knew that your magic would prevent the Assembly from finding you there. Letting out quick pants, you heard the door slam open and footsteps pounded against the floor above. 'Guess that barricade gave out.'

"Search everywhere," a brisk voice demanded, but it was fuzzy from where you stood.

Feeling for a switch, you found one and a single orange glow came from further down the steep stairs. Cautiously, you headed down the rickety staircase, stopping whenever one creaked and listening out to make sure no one had heard the sound. The room below was mostly empty, the walls and ceilings having been painted a dull color of gray. A couple boxes laid off to the side accompanied by a small table and across from it was a bookcase filled with information about your magic and family history.

'Why did the world have to be like this? If only there was somewhere else that I could go,' you sadly thought. The Assembly would never stop looking for you, meaning that you have to live in hiding for the rest of your life. You let out a bitter laugh. As if you could stay alive that long. They'll probably catch you in a week's time. 'I don't want to be made an experiment.' Being clumsy like always, you bumped into the large bookcase that rested against the corner well. "Ouch." A thud to your side made you glance down to notice a large book that had fallen on the ground. Picking it up with a grunt, you realized that you could barely read the thing.

It was so filthy. Dust decorated the outside and most likely the inside of the book. Dust bunnies had been caught onto the side of the book to your disgust. Blowing off the dust to then let out multiple sneeze, you soon were able to read the large title.

Through Time and Space

Opening the book you read, "This is a book that will allow you to travel to various different worlds. Simply recite the spell and you will be taken to another point in time and space itself." Your mouth gaped opened in surprise. 'This has to be to good to be true.' Loud footsteps from above made you look up worriedly. 'This is the only chance I got and I'm taking it.' Placing the book onto the table, you began to read the spell on the first page.

"The world I want to be, make me stand up there! Time I command and Place I command! Change me there now! This is my will, so mote it be."

Wind caressed around your figure, catching your hair and beginning to make it whip back and forth. The wind picked up faster and stronger, until you noticed a white hole beneath you that was beginning to slowly grow. Larger and larger it went until it swallowed you whole and sent you falling. You screamed out until you realized.. wait! What the fuck?! You didn't get to chose what dimension you wanted to go to.

That was all you remember until all went silent...

Wind softly blew at your face, making your hair tickle your skin. It smelt really great here. Something like fresh mint with a mixture of other earthly odors. Your nose played tricks on you as scents such as lavender, vanilla and others flooded your sense of smell. It was then that you realized that you were lying on your back. Surprised, you clenched your fingers feeling dirt beneath them instead of wood. Opening your eyes you were met with a bright cloudless blue sky.

"Hello new world."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.8K 4.1K 37
Y/N was normal, and so was her life. She didn't have dead, rich abusive parents or any magical powers of any sort, and she wasn't secretly the 'chose...
44.1K 1.3K 21
Black Butler, Sebastian x Ciel fanfic. (I don't own this manga/anime, only my own fantasies about it) -THIS BOOK IS TO BE READ FIRST BEFORE THE CAGED...
9.9K 103 8
I haven't watched black butler in years, but I still like the characters so I'll write about them from time to time! (Moved from old account on anoth...
17.1K 989 47
The third book in the series The Queen's Lion. The Queen's Lion and The Queen's Lion: Disciplined can be found on my page and are needed to understan...