Mated

By Gen1104

Selene Reed has had no contact with the Red Moon pack for years. Now all of a sudden she is called to a pack... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter13

30.6K 812 28
By Gen1104

…is it love? Selene’s words from yesterday haunted Gia’s mind. She was sitting in her favorite spot of the forest, leaning on her big tree that she loved so much. It was so massive that when she was I child she dreamed of climbing the tree and reaching the clouds, finding a castle just like Jack and the Beanstalk. Her parents had first met here, it took them only a glance to find that they were in love. Love, there was that word again. Did she really love Cameron?

Gia jumped as a light brown wolf came up from behind her.

What are you doing here? He communicated through the mind link.

“Cameron!” she said surprised, this was the first time she’d seen him in his wolf form, he looked kind of cute.

Wait, he told her, he walked to a tree nearby, stick his head in a whole of the tree, and came out with jeans in his mouth. Before Gia could think, he began to shift.

Gia’s mouth came open as she saw Cameron standing in front of her completely naked.

“So big” she said without thinking. Cameron smirked, not even hiding himself.

Gia shook her head “Put your pants on will you!” she yelled closing her eyes.

“Why should I? You seem to like the view, I only wish to please you” he mocked her, but still putting his pants on.

 “So” he said walking and sitting next to her “what are you doing here?”

She shrugged “I like to come and think out here”

“What were you thinking about?”

“Nothing important” she answered.

“Was it about me?” Cameron asked making her flush “What were you thinking about me?”

“I never said it was about you!” she snapped back.

“Denying things from your mate?” he raised his eyebrow.

“You are not my mate, I never said you were”

“You showed it with that kiss you gave me yesterday” he playfully wiggled his eyebrows “Want to do it again?”

Gia gasped. I definitely don’t love him! “Th-the wine probably got to my head”

Cameron scoffed “Yeah right”

“What are you doing here anyways?” Gia asked changing the subject; she did not want to talk about that kiss anymore.

“Tracking some rouges” he said his face turning serious.

“Did something happen?” she asked with concern. The rouges had been attacking packs on the area, Red Moon had already lost many of its members.

“Ten bodies, both women and children, were found near the pack house…they were slaughtered”

 Gia felt nauseous, the attacks were getting much closer...much much closer.

 “Nicolai sent a party to track those damn rouges, but we lost the trail, we tried to find something to pick up the trace, but…” he sighed and closed his eyes.

Gia could sense his fury and disappointment. “Hey” she told him sweetly “you all tried your best”

He looked at her and gentle smile that caused her heartbeat to speed up. “Thanks” he spoke softly, then rested his head on her shoulder “you’re sweet you know that”

“Whatever” she replied defensively. He chuckled.

“I was worried” he confessed “I was worried that something could have happened to you…once we decided to turn back I ran to your house, but before I could reach it I smelled your scent, and found you here”

“I’m alright” she said to him.

He chuckled. “I can see”

 Gia smiled to herself and closed her eyes, resting her head on the tree’s trunk.

* * * * * *

Selene heard someone knock on the door as she was finishing to wash the breakfast dishes.

She went to open the door “Nicolai!? What are you doing here?”

As soon as he saw her Nicolai pulled her into an embrace. “Thank god you’re alright”

“Is something wrong?” she asked.

He hesitated before pulling away. “Dead bodies were found near the pack house”

“Oh my god” Selene brought her hand to her mouth “Rouges?” Nicolai nodded.

“I sent a search party, but they came back when they lost the trail” he sighed “I came as fast as I could, I was worried that something might have happened to you” he caressed her cheek.

“I’m fine, you don’t have to worry anymore” Selene placed her hand on top of his.

“If anything happened to you I....”

“Nothing happened” she told him gently “nothing will ever happen to me”

“I need you to come live with me, as long as you’re next to me I will not worry of anything happening to you…please”

“I don’t know Nicolai it’s…” he hugged her again.

“Please Selene, I beg you, please”

She could hear the fear and distress in his voice. When she opened the door she had seen the worry and concern in his eyes, when he hugged her she had felt his relieve. “Alright” she answered.

“Thank you, thank you” he said as he kissed her neck, he rested his head in the hollow of her neck.

“Nicolai?”

“Just let me hold you for a second”

Selene closed her eyes as she let his scent completely consume her. He made her feel loved and safe.

“What will I tell Gia?” she whispered to him.

“Tell her to come with you, Cameron was as worried as I was” he raised his head with a frown “he should be actually, when the others came they told me that Cameron had ran in direction to your house”

“Well, he’s not here, and Gia left to the forest right after breakfast” Selene gasped “Oh my god, I hope nothing happened to her”

“At what time did she leave?” he asked.

“About 12:30”

“That’s about ten minutes before the search party returned...Cameron probably found her in the forest, you don’t need to worry”

“How can you be so sure?”

“I estimated that the attack was around 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning, the rouges should be far away already”

Selene nodded. “Yes you’re probably right…listen I have to get ready for work”

“Alright, I’ll wait for you and take you”

“Are you sure? I go by myself”

He nodded. “I’m sure, I don’t want you by yourself, beside I’ll be picking you up for our date, you don’t need your car for today”

“Ok then, just wait here while I go take a shower” she said turning around.

“Maybe I can join you” Nicolai teased her.

Selene laughed. “No, you will stay here”

* * * * * *

“Ok I’m ready” Selene said coming out of her room. She had a white shirt with a rose in the middle and a tight jean. She found Nicolai sitting in the couch in deep thought.

“What are you thinking about?” she asked coming to his side.

“Just, where the rouges could have gone” he said with a sigh.

“You’re a great alpha, and everybody has faith in you, you will soon find those rouges” she told him supportively.

“Let’s get you to work” he said standing up and grabbing her hand, walking to the door. “Where do you work anyways?” he asked opening the door

“A vintage clothing store” she answered as they got out and walked to his car, which was parked in front of hers in an oddly way.

“You know, I could take care of you, you don’t need to work”

“Why does everyone say that?” Selene replied stopping “You, Gia, I want to make my own money, I don’t want to feel useless”

“No, you will never be useless” he told her, running his fingers through her hair “If you want to work then I won’t get in your way”

“Thank you” she said, then got in the passenger’s seat.

* * * * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 2K 29
Victoria Norwood has lived through a lot in her short eighteen years of life. Having survived the revolution she fears very little, and keeps those s...
2.5M 86.2K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
16K 863 28
Series of bottom Namjoon fan arts and........ few AI edits.
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...