Untamed

By Haddassa

What would you do if the family you were adopted by was actually a family of werewolves, creatures you had be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chaper 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 23

2.5K 63 11
By Haddassa

Hope you all enjoy! It took me a while to decide to write this chapter. So I hope you like it. If you do please comment. Make sure to read the author's notes at the end.

Chapter 23

Jace's POV

"Never call me again, ok?" I said before hanging up on Eliana.

I couldn't help not being angry at her. She just helped us. By doing so she had just betrayed her family. Is this what it has all come to. She is betraying her family for her mate, the same one that doesn't want her. I actually felt pretty bad for her. I went back into my dad's office, and returned the phone to its charging post.

What was I supposed to do now? How was I supposed to tell him that there was a rouge on our land.

"Dad?"

"Hm?" He muttered with a pen in his mouth and some paper work before him.

"Dad there's a rouge on our land. I just got the tip from... someone." He looked up, and took the pen out of his mouth, before looking at me.

"Who was it from?" He asked.

"I don't know, but I do think we should check it out."

"What side was it on?"

"South."

I suddenly heard a command echo through our connection. We just got a tip that there is a rouge on our land. It entered through the south side, go check it out. Dad ordered those a few people who were running the perimeter.

A couple of minutes later

Sir I just ran across an unfamiliar scent. What should we do? A women's voice filled my head. I was glad Dad had let me in on this connection.

Follow it.

Yes sir.

Alpha we found it, but chased it onto their land. Another voice said not a few seconds later.

Leave it be. Dad thought for a moment. I want double men running the perimeter, and add a few more people on the south side.

Yes sir, the women from before said. She was one of our best guards, so she was in charge of the perimeter runs. To tell you the truth, I have known her practically my whole life, and just couldn't remember her name.

The connection was closed off before I could hear another order.

I left my fathers office, and went off to go find John. He would know how to handle what had just happen. When I found him, he was in his room eating some popcorn and playing COD. I grinned when I saw he was loosing terribly. I grabbed a handful of popcorn before grabbing a remote.

"Switch it to two player mode," I said.

"Ha, no way. I've been playing for the past half an hour and am still not dead."

I laughed at him. "Aw come on man."

"Nope," He said before reaching for the popcorn. I snatched it before he had a chance to take any more. "Hey!"

"What?" I said, looking around pretending to not understand what was going on. I shoved a large handful into my mouth grinning.

"Fine," He grumbled before gluing his eyes back onto the screen.

After a few minutes he finally lost. I switched it to two player mode and set the popcorn down between us. We played in silence for a bit before I decided to tell him.

"Eliana called me," I said before shooting at some maniac who was running towards me.

I felt John tense up beside me. "What did she say?"

"Well she had called the home phone, so Dad picked up and thought it was Keila.

"When I answered the phone I also thought it was Keila. Then Eliana started to scream at me asking who Keila was." John started laughing out, costing him a life.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What? I like that girl. She's a keeper."

"Who? Eliana?" I asked confused.

He nodded before going back to watching the screen.

"Continue."

I glared at him suspiciously, before continuing on.

"Then I snapped at her when I realized who it was." She made my blood boil. How could she be my mate? She was a human. Her family has done so much harm to mine for decades now, and I was mated to the daughter of their leader.

"She started to tell me that there was a rouge on our land, but she was crying." I suddenly felt terrible. I hate when girls cry. My wolf was howling on the inside. At the time I had been too angry to care that she was crying. "I made her cry." I whispered more to myself. John paused the game realizing this was a talk that needed no distractions. He turned to face me.

"Just take her back," He said simply.

"But I can't. Do you know what her family has done to us?" I snapped.

"Yes I do, but she isn't actually one of them. She was just adopted into their family. You guys could have adopted her just as easily as she was by them. It isn't her fault."

That really made me think. He had a good point, but what about all those times when she had been the cause of our pain. I had to lay in bed for two days because of what her brother had done to me. I couldn't deal with all of this right now!

Just then my phone started to ring. I dreaded picking it up, fearing it was Eliana.

I pulled my phone out and saw the picture of a girl with beach blond hair pop up on my screen.

"Hey," I said. I got up and left the room.

We can finish this talk later. I told John. He huffed before turning on the TV to some random movie that was playing right now.

"Hey, just wanted to find out what's going on. Steven had to leave to go run the perimeter."

"There was a rouge sighting on our land."

"That's terrible. I hope nobody gets hurt." She really did have the biggest heart. I remember when we were younger she was very tough, but once she turned she just became the sweetest. Though I still see a lot of the old her. She still wore the same clothes, but a bit less tomboyish; she still got that devilish grin on her face around me sometimes; and I've also seen her beat up a girl for trying to push herself on me at some club I took her to.

I had been dating her for the past few months, but we were never really serious enough to do anything more other then making out. After Eliana I pushed it to the next level, and Keila was happy with the sudden change. John is convince I did it in spite of Eliana, but I we really were ready to take it to the next level.

"Jace?" I heard her worried voice. I must have blanked out.

"Huh? Sorry what did you say?" I asked.

"I'm really worried about you. You have been different since that night."

"I'm sorry, I really am. It's just a lot going on."

"Do you want me to come over?" She asked. "We could... talk."

"Ha ha, sure. See you in a bit," I said before hanging up.

Ten minutes later I heard her beautiful car purr up towards the pack house. I went downstairs to welcome her. The doorbell rang throughout the house. I opened the door to find Keila standing there. Her light blond hair was curling up around her shoulders. Her bright green eyes were shining with joy. She was wearing an off the shoulder white and gold top, and some black shorts. She had a devilish grin on her face, before walking in and wrapping her arms around my chest. I held her tight against me, not quite feeling the way I used to about her. That didn't stop me though.

I pulled her up to me, and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I brought her close, before looking into her bright eyes to find want. She really would be a great Luna someday. She leaned in closing the distance between us. Our lips met and she started to devour my lips. Her lips were so soft but she was kissing me with such need, yet so gently. I deepened the kiss, before starting to carry her upstairs to my room where we could have a bit more privacy.

A while later Keila was asleep in my arms. I brushed a lock of beach blond hair off her face. She really was beautiful, but just not the right one. Why couldn't the spirits pair me up with her? She would make a great Luna to our pack. Dad said that if I didn't find my mate, and she didn't either; the two of us could mate together. She would then be the next Luna, a great one too.

But she wasn't meant to be one, my wolf said. I growled lowly, as to not wake up Keila. My growl was returned by silence. Good.

The rest of the night Keila slept in my arms and my wolf didn't disturb me again. Not once. Slowly I drifted to sleep with Keila laying on my bare chest, and an arm around her protectively.

Anyways... What do you guys think of Keila? Do you think she is right for Jace? Please tell me what you think.

Please Comment and Vote!!!! Hope you all liked. A lot is going to be coming up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 100K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...