Defying Destiny - A Merlin Fa...

By BookLover905

. "Sometimes I wonder if you've missed me as much as I'v... More

Trailer
Cast
Prologue
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 8

3.1K 91 13
By BookLover905

Later that day Arthur and Merlin were tied behind a cart, being dragged through the snow, with other captured men behind them.

Aria was also tied up but she wasn't being dragged behind the cart like the others. The leader decided that because she's a woman, she would just slow the whole thing down. So the leader had one of his men drag her up front. But she wasn't being dragged by a Saxon. She was being dragged through the snow, by Mordred. 

She had speckles of snow in her golden hair that was blowing in wisps behind her from the icy breeze and her cheeks and nose were tinted red from the bitter cold.

From where he was being dragged, Merlin kept his gaze on Mordred as he led Aria up front. He also had snow in his hair and his nose and cheeks were red.

" Remind me, Merlin, how did we end up like this? Oh yes, you were thinking about your stomach as usual" Arthur complains

Mordred turned around to look at Merlin as he's walking.  His eyes locked with Aria's for a split second before turning around to continue walking.

" I told you it was a trap" Arthur points ou

" And I told you to go back to Camelot."  Merlin resorts

"Hold!" The leader suddenly yelled from the front. Everyone immediately stopped walking and the leader got off his horse.
Mordred and Aria shared a confused look before Aria looked back at her brother and Merlin.

" We can't let them hand us over to Morgana. We need a plan.." Merlin was cut off when the leader suddenly punched Arthur in the stomach making Aria let out a quiet gasp.

" You speak when you're spoken to!" He yelled

Aria ran to try and held Arthur but was stopped by Mordred pulling her back and holding onto her as she struggled and squirmed to get out of his grip and help her brother.

"Don't. You'll only get yourself into trouble" Mordred whispered making Aria stop struggling, knowing he was right, Mordred then let go of Aria.

" Faster!" The leader barked walking past Mordred and Aria. Aria glared venomously at the leader before she switched her gaze onto Arthur, giving him a concerned look.

Arthur nodded at her indicating that he was alright.

The men then started to walk faster at the leader's command. Mordred started walking again and wrapped the rope around his hand making Aria walk a bit faster but not as fast as the others were forced to walk.

Aria once again glanced around at her brother only to see him scanning the cart, looking at all the weapons. Aria smiled knowing Arthur was trying to come up with an escape plan.

____________________________________

It was dark now and most of the men were asleep. Those who were tied up were shivering and desperately attempted to keep warm. Aria was sat beside Mordred, closer to fire than the others but she was still quivering from the frigid wind.

When no was watching her, she secretly attempted to undo or at least loosen her bonds.
Arthur was fast asleep while Merlin lay awake glaring at the leader.

" What are you gawping at?!" The leader snapped pointing his sword at Merlin who avoided the leaders gaze and looked down at the snow.

The leader stabbed a bread roll and held it up for Merlin to see.
" Is this what you want?" The leader laughed

" Catch "

He threw the bread to Merlin then laughed when it landed a few feet out of reach. The other men laughed as well.

" Maybe we should feed them. " Mordred muttered

Aria's head shot up from trying to undo the rope around her wrists, to look at Mordred surprised.

" What for?" The leader questioned

" They'll be skin and bones "

The leader shrugged not really caring.

Mordred glanced at Aria again who looked back at him still shivering.

" What about the princess? Surely she shouldn't be left to starve"  Aria raised her eyebrow, confused and curious as to why Mordred was trying to help them.

" She shouldn't even be here, Morgana can do what she likes with her. Morgana wants slaves, not hogs for the fire" the leader laughed

"Then slow the pace,"  Mordred said through gritted teeth.

The leader pointed his sword at Mordred

" The quicker we get there, the quicker I get my money and as much as I may want to keep the princess, she's still worth a lot of money. Though I wouldn't be surprised, who wouldn't pay for such a gorgeous beauty such as this, huh boys? " The leader laughed again pointing his sword a little too close to Aria for comfort.

The leader used his sword to mess with the laces on Aria's corset, pulling at them slightly. Aria desperately tried to move away as the men around her laughed at her discomfort. All besides Mordred and Merlin who were glaring hatefully at the leader.

Mordred grabbed the hilt of the leader's sword tightly, glaring angrily at him.

" Leave her alone" He growled dangerously

The leader just laughed again and shrugged his shoulders not bothered by Mordred's obvious anger. Thankfully though he moved his sword away from Aria.

Mordred looked at Aria who gave him a grateful smile.

" Thank you " She whispered

Mordred smiled back at her before noticing  Merlin staring at him.

____________________________________

It was the middle of the night, everyone was asleep and the fire was a pile dying embers. Merlin, however, was still awake. Unable to sleep due to the cold.

Merlin looked up when he heard footsteps. He saw Mordred walking towards Aria who was trying to get some sleep but was continuously shaking and her teeth were chattering so loudly you'd think they would shatter.

Mordred had a spare blanket he had taken from the cart in his hands. He kneeled beside Aria and gently placed the blanket over her small, shaking frame. Aria's shivering slowed and her chattering teeth got quieter.

A small smile appears on Aria's face as she snuggled into the blanket. Thankful for the warmth it provided.

Merlin just watched the whole thing and didn't bother saying anything.
____________________________________

The next morning, Aria woke up to Mordred shaking her awake.

Aria sat up and wrapped the blanket she had been using around her shoulders as Mordred pulled out three bread rolls from inside his coat.

" Here, " He whispered holding the bread rolls out to her while looking around to make sure that no Saxon had woken up.

Aria shook her head, glancing at Merlin who had been awake the whole night.

" Give them to Merlin " Aria whispered back
Mordred frowned but didn't argue. He placed one of the three bread rolls by Aria's feet before walking over to where Merlin was sitting.

Merlin looked up as Mordred approached.

Mordred knelt down at held out the remaining bread rolls to Merlin.

" Do you want them? " Mordred asked

" Why are you doing this? " Merlin questioned

Mordred looked over at Arthur who was still fast asleep.

" He saved my life, I owe him a debt."
Mordred then looked over of Aria, who was too busy eating the bread roll to notice.

" Don't be so quick to judge me. You fear me Emrys, don't you? I know the hatred and suspicion in which men treat those with magic. You and I are not so different, I too have learned to hide my gifts." Modred placed the two bread rolls at Merlin's feet.

" I promise, your secret is safe with me" Mordred whispered before standing up.

Before he could walk away Merlin spoke

" What's Morgana looking for in Ismere?"

Mordred stops walking and turns to face Merlin again.

Aria being curious started listening in from where she was sitting.

" The Diamair " Mordred replied

Aria frowned in confusion.

" What's that? " she asked making Mordred and Merlin switch their gaze onto her.

" In the language of my people, it means 'the key' "

" The key to what? " Aria asked again.

" The key to all knowledge" Mordred answered before the Saxons started to wake up.

Mordred walked over to Aria and helped her up. Aria looked down at her wrists and noticed how red and sore they looked from her attempts to undo them last night.

Mordred followed her gaze and on seeing her aching wrists, looked around to make sure no one was watching before he quickly loosened the ropes around Aria's wrists slightly.
Mordred looked at Aria and smiled slightly. Aria smiled back.

The Saxons then started kicking people awake, hauling them up and pushing them back into walking.

Instead of pulling the rope, Mordred just simply held it, letting Aria walk at her own pace which resulted in Aria walking beside him.

They shared a small smile before Aria looked back at the frozen wasteland in front of her. She could still feel Mordred looking at her every now and again as they walked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 935 42
Once more Magdelena is faced with challenges of love and loss. She may overcome them but she certainly won't be alone with a love-struck Arthur and h...
138K 3.3K 32
Merlin took his sister with him when he went to Camelot. What he didn't realise was how much this would affect his destiny. And how much danger there...
7K 314 17
VIGILANTE SHIT- ❝ revenge is a good look on you ❞ IN WHICH, two sorcerers in camelot are both destined to take care of the king's most beloved, arthu...
23.6K 551 22
Olivia Pendragon - the daughter of a king, the life of a peasant. Oliva had always known that she was of importance to the royal court - she just did...