Rising 🎤 {Glee} {1}

By Boonannaxdd

{Ongoing, just so wattapad won't delete} where a boy from the football team joins one club what everyone thr... More

rising
epigraphy
season one
1. the new directions
2. mistake kisses
3. the acafellas
4. the mckinley titans little kicker
5. her last name
6. its my life
7. showdown
8. bust a move
9. keep on rolling
10. perfect harmony
11. there's nothing holding me back
12. jump! on those mattresses
13. sectionals! major heartbreak
14. you say goodbye! and i say hello!
15. Madonna!
16. i just wanna go home!
17. we've got bad reputation?
18. swollen tonsils
19. my dreams will be true
20. everyone's always talking at me!
22. don't stop believing
season two
1. summer of our lives
2. britney spears
3. spencer's broken arm
4. the double date
5. rocky horror! the creature
6. i've never been kissed before you!
7. the substitute! my name's Finn
8. our name together is quinncer
9. i could never forget you!
10. the christmas spirit
11. zombie football players
12. stuck on you
13. the justin bieber experience
14. the drunk kiss
15. the sex talk
16. our own original songs
17. you watch me
18. i was born this way
19. you can go your own way
20. prom king and queen
21. nationals
season three
1. starting again
2. pre-presidential duties
3. helping mike audition
4. lucky charms
5. afterglow
6. one way or another
7. i kissed a girl
8. senior year sectionals
9. you're all i want
10. first interactions
11. michael jackson week
12. the new spanish teacher
13. fall in love

21. funkytown

1.6K 39 0
By Boonannaxdd

21. funkytown

Naked - James Arthur
"i'm not gonna try 'til you decide, you're ready to swallow all your pride, i'm standing here naked, i'm standing here naked,"

***

Spencer looked down at Artie, "is it just me? Or does it feel like we have a real shot at regionals next month?" Spencer stood beside Artie's wheelchair while Tina wheels him and Kurt stands next to Spencer with Mercedes on the other side of Artie, "the Ohio show choir chat rooms have all been buzzing about how vocal adrenaline has lost a step,"

Spencer smirks, "i agree..." Kurt high fives Spencer, "that judges know all of their tricks and now that we have Jessie, they've lost their best performer," Spencer looks at them, "wait, am i still male lead?"

Kurt nods his head at Spencer, "Spencer, Mr Schuester practically thinks of you and Finn like his own sons, you are the male lead," Spencer smiled, "okay, good,"

Rachel slides across the hallway in front of the five teenagers, "you guys have to come to the auditorium," Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "what, why?"

"it's an emergency!" Rachel runs towards the auditorium when Tina looks at Spencer, when he nods his head, "you ready, buddy?" Spencer runs pushing the wheelchair as the five of them make it into the auditorium.

Spencer sees the new directions standing near the railings when Spencer's blue eyes turns towards Vocal Adrenaline who stood on their stage in blue jackets when Jessie moved away from them, "Jessie?"

Rachel scoffs, "what are you doing up there with them?" Spencer walks away from Artie, going near Samaria and the new directions, "i've transferred back to Carmel High, Rachel,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows at Jessie, "i'm sorry that it's come to this, but you guys were awful to me," Spencer frowned, "you never accepted me, you never let me become male lead, you never listened to my clearly superior ideas,"

Spencer moves away from the new directions alongside Finn, "why are you here in our auditorium?" the new directions boys come to stand beside the two brothers, "the blogs and chat rooms say that we're finished, and that you guys are ripe to topple us,"

Spencer looked back at his friends, "we just wants to show you a little something we came up with a few days ago to see if you agree with that assessment," Spencer crossed his arm over his chest when he sees Giselle staring at him.

Another One Bites The Dust plays in the auditorium, Spencer rolled his eyes at the simple dance moves, "this is making me tired,"

the new directions smirk at Spencer, when he rubbed his eyes with a yawn on his face, "another one bites the dust,"

Vocal Adrenaline do their last pose when the new directions had their mouths open and eyes widened expect for Spencer who had his arm crossed over his chest, "thanks for letting us borrow your auditorium, guys,"

Jessie smiles down at Giselle, "it's quaint," Giselle then whispers something into Jessie's ear, when he nods his head as Vocal Adrenaline go off of the new directions auditorium stage.

Jessie sighs, when he stared at Rachel and the new directions when Spencer put Rachel underneath his shoulder, when he just smirks back at Jessie, "you better watch your back, Jessie," and with that Jessie walks off stage going towards Giselle.

***

"it's a Carmel High, tradition," Spencer nods his head with a sigh coming off of his lips, "they psych out the competition a few weeks before the big show,"

Spencer looked down at Artie, "they call it a funkification," Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "meaning they show us what they've got, and we spiral into a deep black funk,"

Spencer sighed, "yeah, yeah, we used to do the same thing to other football teams," Mike and the football players all nod their heads, "you know, try and get inside their head before a big game, pull little pranks to intimidate them,"

Puck looked at Spencer, "yeah, well the difference was our football team was national champs, those guys are golden,"

Santana crosses her arms over her cheerios uniform, Kurt looked at them as they go inside their choir room, "come on, keep your heads up, guys,"

"it's going to take more than that to get us into a funk," the new directions stopped at the entrance of the choir room to see it filled with toilet tissue, "oh, god.."

***

Spencer throws tissue into the bin, when he sees Santana doing her nails, "you know," she turns to look at her ex-boyfriend, "you could actually help us, then we'd be done more quicker,"

Santana shook her head with a small smirk on her face, "nah.. don't worry, you've got the muscles for it," she pats Spencer's biceps with a smile on her face.

"i feel so violated," Spencer goes towards his friends when he helps Mike, Sean and Matt take the toilet tissue from the windows, "it's like someone broke into our home,"

Mr Schuester sighed, "look, it was just a lame little prank," Mr Schuester shoves the toilet tissue into the bin, "and the fact that they're trying to get to us means maybe we got them spooked,"

"uh-huh," Mercedes shook her head from beside Spencer when she goes towards the black bin bag, "Mr Schue, they aren't afraid of anything,"

"that number they did was fantastic," Spencer let out a scoff, "i could do those moves with Santana in like five minutes, and Jessie said they had a few days practicing that," Mercedes sighed, "you know, which doesn't actually make sense,"

"they had all that equipment," Spencer frowned, "how did they even get in?" Coach Sylvester came into the choir room, "i have 'em all keys,"

Spencer turns his head to Coavh Sylvester, "helped them do a sound check over the weekend," Spencer sees some of his friends holding onto Coach's trophies, "hey, this way, fellas,"

"let's punch out this wall here," she points towards a wall in the choir room with some football players behind her, "that'll open up the space a little bit,"

"Sue, what are you doing?" Coach Sylvester looked at Mr Schuester, "i can't talk to you now, William, drafting class is helping me redecorate around here,"

"you see," Coach Sylvester looks at the new directions when Spencer walked down from the platform, "i have nationals over the weekend, and i expect to return with a comically large first place trophy for which i have absolutely no room in my trophy case,"

Spencer furrowed his blue eyes, "and as soon as you hurry up and lose at regionals," the new directions frown, "this choir room will become my official trophy annex,"

she holds onto her trophy, "you know what it has to look like?" she turns to the football players, "Elvis's gold record room at Graceland, expect i'll be wanting far fewer morbidly obese white women waddling around and crying,"

Mr Schuester let's go of the black bin bag, "Sue, get out of my choir room," he walks towards her, "glee clubbers, for you those of you whose hearing has not been damaged by massive doses of acutane, listen up,"

Coach Sylvester points towards her ears when Spencer turned to look at his friends who shrugged their shoulders, "in a few weeks, glee club will be finished,"

Rachel turns to Spencer who just shook his head, "now how do i know that?" Coach Sylvester smirks, "well, i recently checked the odds with my Vegas bookie, who told me that you're 40-1 underdogs at regionals,"

Spencer looked at Kurt, who frowned as well, "you are going to lose, and your dreams will be crushed," Mr Schuester looked at Coach's trophy, "Sue, can i see your trophy?"

Coach Sylvester smiled, "sure, Will, hope and dream," Mr Schuester throws into the choir room wall, when Spencer's eyes widened, "wow, i've never seen him so mad,"

Mr Schuester smirks, "you dropped your trophy, Sue.." Santana looks at her cheerleading coach when she looked at her and Brittany.

Spencer looked at Santana and Brittany who had frowns on their faces, "you know, for me, trophies are like herpes, you can try to get rid of them, but they just keep coming," Spencer scratched the back of his neck, "you know why?"

"Sue Sylvester has hourly flare-ups of burning, itchy," Spencer covered his ears, "highly contagious talent," Santana moves Spencer's hands away from his ears, "enjoy your last few days here, this room is mine,"

and with that Coach Sylvester smirks at Mr Schuester before she walks out of the choir room, when the new directions groaned.

***

Mr Schuester came into the choir room, "all right, guys," he closed the choir room behind him, "today i want to talk to you about regrets,"

Mr Schuester clapped his hands, "who has some?" Rachel sat at the piano with her head on her arm, "giving my heart to Jessie, just to have it crushed like the stage floor at a performance of stomp,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows when he then frowned, "thinking 'trust me' was a sensible birth control option," Spencer turns to Puck with a smirk on his face, "giving my heart to someone one and having them break it,"

Spencer turns his head towards Santana who had a frown on her face after saying that, "we all have them," Mr Schuester put his hand onto his chin, "i just finalised my divorce, i regret living in a relationship that was working,"

Spencer gulped when he frowned at all the girls he had dated after Santana, "letting her out me in these deep funks and not fighting back," Spencer bit his lip, "besides creeping us out, why are you telling us this?"

Spencer looked at Samaria, her strawberry blonde hair going behind her ear, "because if we lose to vocal adrenaline t regionals, none of us are going to regret it,"

"we will have given it our best shot and we won't look back," Spencer nods his head, "but we will regret letting them get the best of us before the competition,"

Mr Schuester shakes his head, "which is why we need to hit them back just like they hit us," Quinn furrowed her eyebrows from beside Spencer, "so you want us to tp their choir room?"

Mr Schuester frowned, "whatever the better, cooler version of that is, like, uh, maybe-maybe we should steal their school statue," Spencer shook his head, "their school statue is a gaunt bronze of a great white shark eating a seal pup,"

Kurt nods his head at Spencer, "it weighs three tons," Mr Schuester looked at them, "okay, how about this one, all right, we get like.."

Spencer zones out of whatever Mr Schuester was saying, when he turns his head towards Sean, Finn and Puck who smirk back at him.

***

"come on," the four of them get out Spencer's car, when they quietly close his car door, "shh, they're practicing,"

Sean turn to his best friend, "dude, you okay?" Spencer nods his head, when he put on his black hat as the four boys were all wearing black, as they popped vocal adrenaline's range rover's wheels.

the four of them high five, when they turn their head to see Shelby Corcoran standing over the four of them, "dang it,"

***

Principal Figgins stared at the four of them, "yeah, i did it," Spencer's, Finn's and Sean's eyes widened at Puck's confession, "and i'm proud, all i was step up and be a man,"

Sean looked at Principal Figgins, "they got what was coming to them, coming to our school and tp our choir room," Shelby looks at them, "a few of my students tp'd your choir room,"

Spencer rolls his eyes, "no, it was definitely a team effort," Shelby looked at the four teenagers, "you four slashed the tires on the range rovers of all 26 of my performers,"

Shelby turns her head to Principal Figgins as she stood beside Spencer's chair, "those were gifts for our win at sectionals,"

Spencer rolled his blue eyes, "that 200 times 26 times four equals.." Shelby furrowed her eyebrows, "i don't have a calculator on me,"

"that equals to.." Sean stopped a minute, "£20,800," the four boys eyes widened, "and then divide it by four equals £5,200,"

Mr Schuester looked at Sean, when Spencer bit Sean's arm, "dude.." Spencer shook his head at Sean, when Mr Schuester looked at Shelby, "i'm sorry, you bought your kids range rovers?"

Shelby put her hand onto Spencer's chair, "we have a very active booster club," Spencer looked at his friends, "we need to get one of those,"

the four boys quietly chuckled, "look, nobody got hurt," Mr Schuester looked at Principal Figgins, "it was a harmless prank,"

Coach Sylvester looked at Mr Schuester, "that's what they said about a young man in Chicago in 1871, who thought he'd play a harmless prank on the dairy cow of one Mrs O'Leary,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows at Coach Sylvester, "he successful ignited its flatulent and a city burned, William,"

Mr Schuester put his hand on Spencer's and Puck's chair, as Finn sat on other side of Puck and Sean on the other side of Spencer, "that young terrorist went on to become the first gay president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln,"

Spencer rolled his blue eyes as Sean rolled his brown eyes, "enough," Principle Figgins looked at them, "these students have committed a felony, they are hereby expelled,"

"w-what, i'm the football teams captain, i can't be expelled," Spencer looked at the teachers surrounding them, "look, i don't want anyone to get expelled,"

Shelby looked at Mr Schuester, "i'm not gonna to press charges.." she then looked towards the four boys, "as long as you pay for the damage,"

Spencer bit his lip, "you can take it out of the glee club budget," Mr Schuester looked at Shelby, "that'll bankrupt the glee club, we don't have that kind of money,"

"we'll get jobs, even though i've already got a job, it's pays good money," Spencer turns to Shelby, "give us a month, we'll pay you back, Ms Corcoran, we promise,"

Shelby half smiled, "fine.." Principal Figgins looks at Shelby, "Ms Corcoran, you are as wide and magnanimous as you are beautiful," Spencer frowned, looked at Shelby who cringed, "thank you, Spencer, can i actually talk to you?"

Mr Schuester half smiled at Ms Corcoran, "thank you.." Coach Sylvester looked at Mr Schuester, "well, you just can't win, can you, William?"

Mr Schuester turn to Coavh Sylvester, "you never have, and you never will," and with that Coach Sylvester wall out of Principal Figgins office.

***

"uh.." Spencer stood behind Ms Corcoran scratching the back of his neck, "you wanted to talk to me?"

Shelby nods her head, "yeah," she smiled when she looked at Spencer, "you're a really good singer," Spencer half smiled, "t-thanks, but if you're asking me to join vocal adrenaline, i can't,"

Shelby frowned, "why not?" Spencer looked at Ms Corcoran over the black piano, "because everyone in the new directions are my friends, i can't just leave them,"

Shelby looked at Spencer across the piano, "rather than paying for the range rovers, you can just join vocal adrenaline, and let the three of them pay for the damaged range rovers,"

Spencer shook his head, walking backwards, "thanks for the offer, but Mr Schuester is like a dad to me, and i wouldn't him or the new directions for anyone," and with that Spencer runs out of the auditorium.

***

"funk.." Mr Schuester turns to the new directions, "use it in a sentence," he looks around them, "come on.."

"Rachel.." Rachel looked up, moving her head away from Spencer's shoulder, "this cheese smells funky,"

Puck looked at Rachel, "that's cause it's 'from-unda' cheese," Rachel looks at Puck, "shut it, Puckerman!"

Spencer held onto his ear, "wow, Rach.." she turns to him with a small frown on her face, "sorry," Mr Schuester looked at them, "okay, okay, i was thinking more along the lines of... vocal adrenaline has sure put us all in a funk,"

Spencer shook his head, "i'm so depressed," Spencer turns to his right to see Kurt, "i've worm the same outfit twice this week," Mr Schuester looked at the new directions, "what if i told you i knew how we could shove it right back down their throats?"

Spencer smirked, "new directions is about to make their funk the P-Funk," Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, leaning back into his chair, "we are going to get funked up,"

"the only way to do that is to beat them at regionals," Spencer wore his letterman jacket over his white t-shirt where he had a red and black flannel top underneath his letterman jacket, "vocal adrenaline has never once done a funk number,"

Spencer smirks, "they're a machine, a collective, synthesised, soulless beat," Rachel shook her head, "funk is soul meets anger, it's passion is in its emotion,"

"and vocal adrenaline doesn't perform with any," Quinn nods her head, "so you have your assignment, i want you guys to turn McKinley High into..."

"funky town!" Mr Schuester sings when Spencer smirks, "you guys can relax, i got this one covered," Mercedes looked at them, "cool,"

Mr Schuester smiled at Mercedes, "hold on," Spencer turns his attention to Quinn, "a second, i..I want a chance to get funky, too,"

the new directions chuckled, "good one, Quinn," Mercedes chuckled up at Quinn, "it even sounds funny when you say it,"

Quinn looked at Mr Schuester, "you said funk was about soul and anger, i have plenty of both, look at me," Spencer looks at Quinn, "look at my life, i'm furious!"

Mercedes looked at Quinn, "let's be honest, when white peoples try to be funky, you end up with KC and the sunshine band," Artie chuckled, "i love boogie shoes,"

Quinn looked at Mercedes, "Mercedes, racism aside, i will have something prepared tomorrow," Spencer smiled at Quinn, "all right, Quinn goes first,"

Quinn looked down at Mercedes when she rolled her hazel green eyes at her, Santana stood up, coming towards Spencer, "hey,"

"hey.." Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "we haven't spoken every since that night where you slept in my bed," Santana scratched her cheek, "yeah, i know, but Spence, i heard what you and Ms Corcoran was talking about,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "which is.." Santana rolled her brown eyes at her ex-boyfriend, "how she wants you to go to Carmel High to perform with vocal adrenaline,"

"oh, that.." Spencer gulped, when he chuckled nervously, "i said i didn't want to join vocal adrenaline, because i already have you guys and-"

Santana leans up and pressed her lips against Spencer's red lips, her hands pulling onto the collar of his letterman jacket, Spencer's hand snakes around her slim waist.

and with that Spencer pulled away from Santana, looking down at her, "Santana," she gave Spencer an innocent smile, "i'm sorry, it's just i still love you but i can't stop thinking about that night we spent together,"

"i...i have to go,"

***

Spencer looked down at his work apron, "pops, what's with the apron?" Pops looked at the Hudson boy, when Sean, Spencer's best friend was looking each other, "how about you guys sing something?"

Spencer turn to Sean, when they see the new directions expect for Finn and Puck sitting in booths, "sure, i always get tips for singing,"

"wait, a second," Spencer goes into the back room getting his guitar from his big locker, "one, two, three,"

"i met you in the dark, you lift me up," Spencer looked around the diner when everyone turns to Spencer and Sean.

a old man came towards Spencer and Sean and put a 10 dollar bill into the tip pot when he walks away from them slowly, "you made me feel as though, i was enough,"

Spencer smiled at his best friend, when the two boys sat beside each other, "we danced the night away, we drank too much,"

Sean looks towards Spencer and then towards Micaela, "i held your hair back when, you were throwing up,"

the two boys were getting more money into their money tip pot, "then you smiled over your shoulder, for a minute, i was stone cold sober,"

his blue eyes looking around the diner, when his eyes met Quinn's, "i pulled you closer to my chest, ohh.." the diner clapped their hands, "and you asked me to stay over, i said, i already told ya, i think that you should get some rest,"

Mike stood up coming towards the piano, when he smiled at his best friends, "i knew i loved you then, but you'd never know, cause i played it cool,"

"when i was scared of letting go, i knew i needed you, but i never showed," Spencer looked at Sean, "but i wanna stay with you, until we're grey and old, just say you won't let go, just say you won't let go.."

the diner went into a round of applause, as more people come and put 20, 30 and 40 dollar bills into their tip pot, "whoo, how much did we make?"

Spencer counted the money, "20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, 180, 200, 220, 240, 260, 280, 300.." he counts mode of their money, "we've made 500 dollars!"

Pops looked at Spencer, "i am going to help you guys with your glee assignment," Pops turned his head towards Frankie, "you can take over, Me and Spencer are going to in the back room and search something up,"

Spencer looked at Pops, Pops chuckled, "okay, you said you need a funk song, right?" Spencer nods his head, "yeah,"

"okay, so.." Pops walked into the back room with Spencer following after him, "well type up funk into iTunes, and we'll see what comes up,"

Spencer took a seat beside Pops, "i actually never thought of that," Frankie comes into the back room, when Pops looks at Frankie, "oh, Frankie, i'm promoting Spencer to assistant, assistant manager,"

Spencer smirks at Frankie, "you'll report everything to him from now on," Frankie nods his head when he lets out a sigh, "do you have a problem with that?"

Frankie shook his head when he made his way outside, Frankie was apart of vocal adrenaline, he was the oldest out of all of them, "wow, thanks Pops,"

"i believe in you, Spence," Pops put a hand onto Spencer's shoulder when the two of them searched up Funk on iTunes.

***

"okay.." Mr Schuester clapped his hands, "Quinn, it's your day to show us your funky side," she nods her head, "so, take it away,"

Quinn let out a breath when Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "for some of us.. just simply getting to class takes a little bit longer," Quinn stands up, "when you're pregnant,"

she faced the new directions and Mr Schuester who sat beside Spencer, "you're responsible for two lives," Finn furrowed his eyebrows, "and you're walking down the hallway oppressed by the man,"

Spencer frowned, "oh, my goodness," Mercedes looks at Quinn, "she is not about to go there," Quinn looked at Mercedes and Spencer, "hearing people call you fat,"

a bunch of pregnant girls comes into the choir room, "sometimes it hurts, sometimes you have to stop and hold that precious life and say no," the pregnant girls stand beside Quinn, "this is offensive,"

"who are these girls?" Artie looked at the pregnant girls who stand beside Quinn, "we're the unwed mothership connection," Brittany smiled, "and that's what we're here to sing about,"

the lights dim, when Santana turns to Spencer who just frowned at Quinn, "this is man's world,"

"but it wouldn't be nothing, nothing.. without a women or a girl.." Spencer half smiled at Quinn, kind of liking the performance.

the new directions clap their hands, when they make their way towards Quinn and he pregnant girls.

Spencer turns his head away from Quinn to see Mercedes sitting on the choir room chairs with her arms crossed over her chest with a frown on her face.

***

Spencer stood at his locker when he heard someone crying, he turns his head to see Santana crying, "San?"

he closed his locker, making his way towards his ex-girlfriend, "are you okay? what..?" Santana put her head onto Spencer's letterman jacket, when she starts crying, "i haven't see you this sad, since we broke up,"

she walks away from Spencer, going down a wall with tears coming down her face, "Kurt.." he spots the Hummel boy, "what the bloody hell is going on around here?"

Kurt looked at Spencer, Kurt closed his locker facing Spencer who had his right arm holding on his bag strap, "Coach Sylvester won't get out of bed,"

Spencer turns his head back towards Santana, who had her head on her knees, "we haven't had practice in days, i'm fine because i have glee,"

Spencer nods his head, "but these girls have sort of lost it," the two of them walked past a bunch of cheerios who's hair wasn't in a high ponytail, "no nationals means that four of the girls will lose their college scholarships,"

Spencer frowned, "and the rest are just depressed and confused," he let out a sigh when they see Brittany holding onto Jacob's arm, "please, please, love me, please.."

"it's really hard to feel bad for Sue Sylvester," Spencer turned his head back towards Kurt, "she doesn't need another trophy, but some of these girls, they really do,"

***

Spencer watched as Santana and Brittany came into the choir room with their cheerios uniform messed up, "Mr Schue,"

Mr Schuester turns his head at Spencer who smirks, "Sean and i would like to show the class the true meaning of Funk," Santana and Brittany sit down, "with a little help from our special guest Mercedes,"

Sean smirks, "fasten your seatbelts everybody, it's going to be a funky ride,"

Good Vibrations starts playing when Mercedes smiles at the two best friends, "yeah.." Sean smirks, "can you feel it, baby?"

he smirked towards his girlfriend, Micaela as she had her head leaning on Brittany's shoulder, "come on, swing it,"

Sean smiled, "come-come on, swing it.." Spencer does punching moves, "come on, swing it, come-come on, swing it,"

"yo!" Spencer looked at the new directions when he turns his head to his best friend, "it's about that time, to bring forth the rhythm and the rhyme,"

Spencer smirks, "i'm gonna get kind, so get yours," he points towards the new directions who half smiled, "i want to see sweat comin' out your pores,"

he ran his hands down his chest, "on the house tip," Sean steps towards, "is how i'm swinging' this, strictly hip-hop, boy.."

Spencer smiled, "i ain't singing this, bringing this to the entire nation," Sean comes backwards, "black, white, red, brown, feel the vibration,"

"vibration.." Spencer smirks from behind Sean, "come on, feel the vibration," the two of the jump, "vibration.."

Mercedes smirks at Spencer and Sean, "it's such a good vibration.." Spencer and Sean dances on each side of Mercedes, "it's such a sweet sensation,"

Spencer let out a breath, "the vibration good like sumkist," Santana smiles at Spencer when Rachel did the same, "many wanna know who done this, Sweaty Spence and i'm here to move you,"

Spencer dances in front of Santana and Rachel, "rhymes will groove you and i'm here to prove to you," he moved his hands around in front of them, "that we can party on the positive side, and pump positive vibes, so come along for the ride,"

the band bop their heads, "making you feel the rhythm is my occupation," he goes back towards Mercedes and Sean who were dancing, "so feel the vibration,"

"vibration.." the new directions dance in their seats, "come on, feel the vibration," Mercedes smiled brightly, "vibration,"

"it's such a good vibration," Spencer and Sean dance again beside Mercedes, "it's such a sweet sensation,"

"Shawny D, break it down," the two boys dance against Mercedes, "down, down, down, down.."

"Shawny D's on the back-up," Spencer moves behind Mercedes going onto the floor, "drug free, so put the crack up,"

Spencer rolls on the floor, "no need for speed, i'm the anti D-R-U-G-G-I-E," Spencer grinds onto the floor, "my body is healthy,"

Sean ran his hand down his chest, opening his jacket up to show his white t-shirt, "my rhymes make me wealthy, and the Funky Bunch helps me,"

Sean motions towards Spencer, who was hitting the floor while grinding, "to bring you a show with no intoxication, come on, feel the vibration,"

"vibration.." Spencer stands up quickly, going towards Mercedes, "yeah.." Mercedes and Spencer clap their hands, "can you feel it, baby?"

Rachel looked at Spencer who was mouthing the same words as Sean, "i can, too," the new directions clap their hands, "it's such a good vibration,"

Spencer and Sean dance again beside Mercedes, "it's such a sweet sensation, it's such a good vibration," the two boys stopped dancing, when they held Mercedes hands walking towards the new directions.

Spencer and Sean kneel over Mercedes and high five each other, "whoo!" the new directions clap their hands, "all right,"

Mr Schuester smiled at the two best friends, "great job, guys, but that's not funk," Spencer's face fell, "i mean, the group is called Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch,"

Mr Schuester looked at the new directions who had frowns on their faces, "but that is a rap song," Puck looked at Mr Schuester from his seat, "a kick-butt old school rap song,"

Artie looked at Mr Schuester, "does it really matter, Mr Schue?" Spencer turned to Artie when Tina sat behind her boyfriend, "we're so clinically depressed, we're doing the wrong songs,"

Spencer frowns when he looks down at Mercedes who sighed, "we're in a deep funk than ever," Spencer shook his head.

***

Spencer was walking through the hallway when he sees Mercedes going inside a geometry classroom, "Mercedes,"

Mercedes puts her stuff onto the table where Quinn sat, as Spencer stood leaning against the doorframe, "i'm so sorry,"

Mercedes looked at Quinn, "you may not be a minority, but you certainly get how it feel sometimes," Spencer frowns, "for nine months, you've had to deal with this your whole life,"

Mercedes sat up, "people making assumptions, calling you names," Mercedes looked at the Quinn, "you, Spencer or any of the popular kids in glee club, never called me names," Spencer half smiled.

Quinn sighed, "i seriously can't understand why don't you feel like yelling at people at the time," Mercedes shrugged her shoulders, "what's the point in getting angry?"

"because it's infuriating," Quinn leaned closer to Mercedes, "i hate all the look at school, don't even get me started on Puck's mom, i miss being home with Sean,"

Mercedes shook her head at Quinn, "you're not angry, you're hurt," Quinn furrowed her eyebrows, "you're hurt that Sean didn't protect you from your parents,"

Spencer bit his lip, thinking about his best friend, "you just need someplace safe where you can dig through all that rage," Quinn's hazel green eyes going onto Mercedes's brown ones, "get to the pain beneath it, so it's decided,"

Quinn looks at Mercedes, "Saturday, you move out of Puck's house and you come and move in with me," Mercedes smiled at Quinn, when Spencer smiled at the two girls, "i already talked to my mom about it, my brother went off to college and we have an extra room,"

Quinn smiled, "Mercedes.." Mercedes smiled, "it's cool, us sisters for to stick together, right?" she bit her lip, when she put her hand out for Quinn to first bump her.

Quinn chuckled, when she first bumped Mercedes's fist, when Mercedes opens her hand as Quinn did the same as Spencer smiled from the geometry doorframe, "uh.."

Quinn and Mercedes turn their heads towards Spencer, "hey, Spence.." Spencer smiled at the two of them, when he comes towards the two of them.

something went through his body, what he didn't like, "Spence, you okay?" Spencer shook his head at the two girls, "what's the matter?"

"i don't know, but i have a bad feeling," Spencer stood up quickly, going towards the parking lot where he sees Rachel getting egged by vocal adrenaline, "what the bloody hell!"

vocal adrenaline turn towards Spencer, when he comes towards them with a glare on his face when he sees Jessie raise his hand, "Jessie, if you crack a egg on her head, you're gonna see what's going to happen to you,"

Jessie turns his head towards Spencer with a smirk on his face, when vocal adrenaline looks at him, "do it, Jessie!"

Jessie smashes the egg onto Rachel's head, when Spencer went towards Jessie, tackling hard onto the parking lot ground.

Spencer dodged all of Jessie's punches when he felt an egg smash onto his head, when he sees Frankie standing above him, "that's for taking my promotion,"

Frankie punched Spencer in the face, when he feel backwards, holding onto his cheek while vocal adrenaline chuckle, going away from Rachel and Spencer, "oh, my god, Spencer!"

Rachel kneels down beside Spencer, when his blue eyes look up at her hair to see egg yolk in her hair, "are you okay?"

he touched his cheek, when he winced, "i'll be fine," Rachel helped Spencer stand up, "come on, we have glee club,"

***

"now.. i just keep having nightmares of all the mothers of the little baby chicks coming after me for revenge," Rachel spins her chair while Quinn held a ice pack to Spencer's cheek, ".. and what happened to Spencer?"

the new directions all turned towards Spencer as Quinn held a ice pack to his cheek, "ow," Quinn smiled, "sorry," Spencer smiled back at her.

"uh, Spencer came out running into the parking lot when Jessie put the egg onto my head, and then Spencer tackled Jessie," Spencer bit his lip, "when Frankie punched him, because of some promotion at work and then Spencer fell backwards,"

Puck clenched his fist, "oh, this is bull!" he turns to the new directions boys, "Finn, Sean, Mason, Mike, Matt, come with me," the boys stood up when Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "right on,"

"it's time for less talking and more punching," Sean looked back at his best friend, "hey, what's going on?" Mr Schuester came into the choir room, "what happened to Spencer's cheek?"

Finn looked at Mr Schuester, "we're on our way to go all braveheart on vocal adrenaline," Mr Schuester shook his head, "guys, violence is never the answer,"

Finn looked at Mr Schuester, "it is when someone hits my brother," Spencer half smiled at Finn, "it is when the question is what's the best way to mess up that Jessie kid's face?!"

Kurt looked at Mr Schuester, "Mr Schue, Spencer and Rachel is one of us, we're the only ones who can get to humiliate Rachel," Mr Schuester shook his head when the new directions boys went past him, "stop!"

the new directions boys turn to Mr Schuester, "get back here and sit down!" Kurt quickly moved away from the boys going towards Spencer, who just pats his back, "look, i know from experience that making someone else suffer doesn't make your pain go away,"

Mr Schuester turn to them, "you're all amazing, no matter what vocal adrenaline says or does," he turned back to the boys, "we just need to find a way to remind ourselves of that,"

"we just can't let vocal adrenaline get away with turning Rachel into an omelette and Spencer with a bruised cheek," Spencer half smiled at Finn, "we're not,"

Mr Schuester looked at Rachel, "Rachel, dial Jessie's number on your phone," Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "you still have his number?"

Santana looked at Rachel, "you haven't deleted his number yet?" Spencer looked at Santana, "shh," he put his finger onto Santana's lips with a smile on his face, "Jessie St James? Will Schuester here, you and vocal adrenaline need to meet at our auditorium, Friday, 3:00 sharp," and with that Mr Schuester closed Rachel's phone.

***

Spencer came into the cafeteria when he goes towards the football team, "what do you need, cap?"

Spencer smirks at them when Karofsky and Azimio looked at their captain, "i need you guys to slushie vocal adrenaline,"

"what time?"

Spencer smiled at the football team, "around 3:04," the football team nod their heads when Karofsky looked at Spencer's cheek, "what happened to your cheek?"

Spencer touched his cheek when he winced, "uh.." the football team narrowed their eyes, "don't lie to us," Spencer sighed, "someone from vocal adrenaline punched me in the face,"

the football team glared, "who was it?" Spencer shook his head, "no, no... you guys aren't getting kicked off the football team because someone punched me,"

Azimio looked at Spencer, "you're are our captain, we have to protect you, like we do on the field," Spencer smiled, "he's tall, like about Jake's size, he has blonde hair,"

the football team nod their heads, "what's his name?" Spencer frowned, "his name is... Frankie," the football team pat Spencer's shoulder, "don't worry captain, we will get them for you,"

"t..thanks.." and with that Spencer made his way out of the cafeteria going towards the choir room where the new directions sat waiting for Spencer to come back.

***

"thanks for coming," Rachel stood in front of the curtain looking at vocal adrenaline who sat in their auditorium seats, Spencer had a smirk on his face as he stood behind the curtain, "after your brazen escalation of our growing dispute, which we were willing to put to rest,"

Spencer smirks, "we decided the only way to trul funkify you is to show you the one thing, we know you can't do," Frankie clenched his jaw from beside Jessie.

"so enjoy," Rachel comes towards the curtain where the new directions stood behind.

Give up the Funk played as the new directions danced beside each other as Mercedes sang, Quinn had a dance solo as Spencer smirks at vocal adrenaline, mostly at Frankie who glared at him.

Spencer backflipped off of Sean's hand, as it was his turn to do his own dance move, "gotta have that funk,"

"hey, yeah!" Mike finished it with the splits when he stands up, high giving Tina and Spencer who walked past him towards Mr Schuester.

Spencer had his hat backwards, with white sunglasses with a baggy jacket over his white shirt and then black jeans, "see you punks at regionals,"

Jessie let out a breath, "they did a funk number," Jessie turns to Frankie and Giselle, "we've never been able to pull off a funk number,"

Giselle looked at the auditorium stage, "well, that's because we're soulless automatons," Frankie looked at Jessie, "i'm so depressed,"

***

Spencer grabbed onto Mercedes's hand, "guys, come on.." the new directions followed after Spencer, when Spencer stopped, looking at vocal adrenaline who came out of the auditorium.

Karofsky, Azimio and the football team came behind the new directions, "we're ready, captain," Spencer motions towards vocal adrenaline when Karofsky smirks at his football captain.

"hey! glee club losers!" vocal adrenaline's eyes widened at the cold drink in the football players hands, "oh, no," Jessie closed his eyes quickly when the football team threw the cold strawberry slushie into their faces, "ahh!"

the new directions chuckle, when the football team go away from vocal adrenaline expect from Karofsky and Azimio, "who's Frankie?"

the two boys looked around vocal adrenaline when they saw the tall kid with blonde hair, "so, you're the guy who punched our football captain,"

Frankie looked to his right to see the new directions chuckling expect from Spencer who furrowed his eyebrows, "don't mess with our football captain," Azimio punched Frankie in the stomach.

Spencer's eyes widened when Karofsky and Azimio high five each other, when they come towards the new directions, "your welcome,"

they nod their heads when Spencer frowned at them, "what the hell? Spence!" Jessie looked at the new directions who stepped away from the corner, "you should of learned your lesson, don't mess with our captain," Spencer points his finger into Jessie's chest, "now, go away or i'll tell Ms Corcoran what you did to her daughter,"

vocal adrenaline moved away from the new directions when they make their way towards the double doors.

{Season 1, Episode 21: "Funk"}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.9K 22
"All I'm saying is... Try out for a club other than your art club." Harry insisted, pulling up with the car in front of the school, but making sure n...
2.7K 99 19
Glee Club. The lowest of the low at McKinley High. Jack Andrews the schools golden boy joins all because of a plan. Behind his golden boy image, is a...
44.7K 1.3K 13
So Finn had asked the older kids to come and help him prep the glee kids for Sectionals and, of course, everyone was on board. "All right, do you rea...
60.7K 1.7K 25
"You don't look gay." Puck had never been too educated on the gay community, so when he meets another football player that doesn't seem gay, he's jus...