Mysterious Girl (Harry Potter...

MaryEden08

She can apparate into and out of Hogwarts when it should be impossible. She can randomly apparate to whereve... Еще

My Life
Unexpected
Impulse
Hospitality
Punishment
Payment
Facing Fire
Hope...
Renewed Friendship
Long Time No See
Weird Rooms Again!
Questions
Arrangements
Mysteries
Turning Tables
I'm so excited!
Flying
Old Faces
Quidditch
Quick Thinking
Sober
Warnings
Queries
First Prank
Hazel
Leaving Hogwarts?!
Focus
NOTE FROM AUTHOR!
Bish Please...
Christmas At Hogwarts
Juice Face Boy...AKA Malfoy
Throw caution to the wind?
Detective Work
Jelly vs. Satan's Imp
Spiders, Magic, Centaurs
Author's Note
Finding the Chamber
Inside the Chamber of Secrets
Sunset
New Beginning
Author's Note: COMING SOON.
Double Trouble

The Guards of Azkaban

1K 45 45
MaryEden08

The next morning, after sadly parting ways with Kenza, I skull about by myself for a bit before eventually deciding it was early enough to make my way to King's Cross. Since it was still early, I hailed down a muggle cab, knowing it would take ages to get through London traffic, and I wasn't wrong. By the time I'm pulling my trunk out of the boot, two dark cars pull up and I automatically duck to avoid being seen by the unmissable Weasley twins who are the first out of the second car. "Are you still sulking about the Robyn girl?" Goads Fred, (I think, given the question).

"Give over, Fred." Returns George scowling, following as the luggage which had been loaded onto trolleys, is wheeled into station by the drivers. I briefly consider pranking him, but I'm interrupted by my own driver.

"Any thing else Ma'am?" Asks the taxi driver impatiently. I shake my head, pay him and quickly load my own baggage onto the trolley as the taxi speeds away. Hurrying into King's Cross, I try to locate the red-hair of the Weasley at a distance, since I had no idea how to get onto the platform for Hogwarts, but I'd lost them. For a minute, I feel panicked since the train would be leaving in twenty minutes.

Once between platforms nine and ten, I follow some people hurried, unsuspecting first years with their parents and do a double take as I watch them walk through a wall. I facepalm, I should've gone to Specsavers. Then again, a couple more older looking students come along and pretend their leaning against the wall until they disappear, so I wasn't bonkers. Obviously, I must have to walk through the wall to get onto the platform, how silly of me not to realise. I can do that, not a problem; of course, I can walk through walls. Not. A. Problem. 

With some trepidation, I make my way towards the wall and mimicked what I'd seen the older students do and I'm surprised to find myself on a new platform in front of a hulking great red train. Without time to spend gawking, I just catch a glance of Harry at the other end of the platform speaking to whom I assume is Weasley senior, before quickly loading my things onto the train. I eventually take a seat with two girls. "Do you mind if I join you?"

"Not at all," smiles the girl nearest me. "I'm Necessity, but you can call me Ness. I'm a first year, you?" She offers me her hand and we shake. How very formal. The other girl makes no effort to make conversation and instead never lifts her eyes from the magazine she's reading. Anti-social much?

"Robyn, call me what you like. I'm heading into third year." I take a seat next to her. "So, which house are you hoping to be in?" Ness was quite sweet looking, she has a round face, light eyes and dark hair and I had to guess her to be probably a couple inches shorter than me. 

"Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, although as long as its not Slytherin, I'm not really fussed. What house are you in?" She asks.

"I'm not at the moment." Her eyebrows shoot up with her increased curiosity. 

"How is that even possible?" She asks dramatically. And just like that, I knew we were going to be friends. The other girl in the carriage appeared to be asleep so I didn't mind telling Ness all about the journey that lead me to Hogwarts, though I neglected to mention my weird connection to Harry. I didn't think it relevant and it wasn't something I'd ever share with anyone but Dumbledore. "That's so crazy! So which house do you think you'll be in?" 

"Erm-" I go to answer but are then interrupted by a face I hated seeing. Juice Face Boy, AKA Malfoy, with his brainless followers. He took one look down he long nose at us, sneered and left. Like I'd leave it at that. "Excuse me, Ness." Following Juice Face boy down the corridor, I muttered a spell under my breath that put roller blades on his feet and sent him zooming down the corridor like the worst uncoordinated figure skater you'd ever since. His screaming ensured that he had an audience, and I laughed along with them. 

"Did you do that?" Asked Ness between stitches of laughter. I give her a cheeky wink as we head back to our compartment since Malfoy was now being reprimanded by the trolley lady. Why am I so hilarious? Ha! Like there is an answer. I chuckle to myself. Malfoy:1 - Robyn:3 "I actually love a good prank, I do them all the time on my brothers back home. They hate it." As the journey continues, Ness and I divulge our backgrounds; I learn that she has two older half-brothers who have just left Hogwarts, that she, like me, pranks people she doesn't like, which got her kicked out of muggle school and that she is half-blood. We're swapping pranking gimmicks when the train starts to slow down. "We must be nearly there!" grins Ness, but the eerie feeling the swells in my stomach says otherwise.

"I don't think so." I try looking out the window but can only see rain and darkness. With a jolt and bangs sounding throughout the corridor as luggage was dislodged from the racks, the train halts. Without warning, we're plunged into darkness. I look harder outside and now catch the outlines of shadows darker than night, moving unnaturally slowly towards the train. "I think there's something coming abroad..." I tell Ness in a whisper.

"The Azkaban guards," pitches a new voice. I assume it belongs to the sleeping, antisocial girl we'd been sharing the compartment with. As if sensing my question, "there called dementors." She answers matter-of-factly. "It's been all over the Daily Prophet that they're searching for Sirius Black." My stomach drops, I remember reading about them, they suck all of the happiness out of every living thing. Although I really didn't like her tone. Behind me, I hear the door open and slowly turn around to face the towering, hooded figure filling the doorway with death. It started to draw in a long rattling breath and with it, I felt plunged into icy depths with my consciousness being drowned. I feel myself lose balance as distant screaming grows louder and more present in my ears. Expecto Patromum, whispers one of my locketers - the calm soothing male presence. Through the dim haze I see a hand out in front of me holding a wand, my lips make the movements, but I don't hear the sound. White light shoots out in front of me, and the dementor glides away. Ness steadies me as I sink into my seat again. 

For what felt like a lifetime, I sat hunched against the wall feeling nauseous, light-headed and incredibly weak. The anti-social girl hands us some chocolate, which I force myself to eat. "I figured something like this might happen, so I read up on them and chocolate is supposed to make you feel better after encountering a Dementor. I like to be prepared for all eventualities." She sniffs proudly. Ness and I share a look, we really didn't like her very much. Although I thank her for the chocolate all the same and appreciate the gesture regardless of the condescending attitude that goes with it. Its another minute before the chocolate warms me through and my weakness passes. Feeling a mild pull in my stomach of a different kind, I head towards the door. "You sure you're OK Ro?" Asks Ness, worried gaze following my movements. I nod, trying for a smile and failing. 

"I'll be fine, I just want to go check something." I make my way slowly down the train, using the small tug in my stomach as directions. I'm so focused on evaluating the pull, I'm not paying attention to where I'm going, and I bump into someone. "I'm so sorry!" I tell the stranger, looking up to meet the very worn and tired expression of an older, sandy haired man in worse for wear robes. "Professor." I tack on the end for politeness, at least he looked too old to be a student...

"Apologies-" He begins, but as his gaze meets mine, if possible, he goes a little paler which makes no sense. 

"I'm sorry I didn't step on you, did I?" I ask uncertainly, not really sure why he was staring at me as if he'd seen a ghost. I didn't think I'd stepped on him, it just seemed the only way to explain his reaction. 

"No, not at all. I should've been paying more attention." He smiles wearily. 

"Okay, well. Please excuse me." I say awkwardly standing back and shuffling along the wall to get past. If that's not weird I don't know what is... I hope I don't have anything on my face and that was why he was staring. I wipe my face just in case and carry on looking in the carriages as I make my way down the train. I pass Malfoy on the way but he doesn't pay attention to me so I stick to good old fashioned sticking my leg out as he passes then duck into the nearest carriage as he turns around to look who it was. 

"Robyn?!" Says a voice I was beginning to recognise. Crap. A girl can't catch a break. 

It sounded too nice to be who I initially thought it was, so I take an educated guess. "Fred! Oh dear friend! I was beginning to worry we'd never meet again, and how tragic would that be?!" I say smiling sweetly.

"Woah there, Sargent Sarcasm, don't get too excited. It would be a shame to have to tell your friend, Kenza, that you've been hitting on me." He grins cheekily, holding his hands up. I smirk. Glancing around, I ignore the curious looks of Fred's friends and am pleased to see George isn't here. 

"You wish."

"I didn't think you were a Hogwarts student?"

"And how would you know that Freddie? I've pranked your unsuspecting arse enough around Hogwarts, for all you know I could be a Hogwarts secret agent." 

"Bit inappropriate to be looking at my arse, don't you think?" He smirks, ignoring the rest of what I'd said. I roll my eyes. "Who are you ducking away from anyway?" He asks, leaning back with an expression alight with amusement. 

"Your mother." I retort, crossing my arms.

"Wouldn't blame you if you were." Mutters a mirthful voice behind me. My heart skips a beat as I spin to face George stood in the doorway. It surprises me to realise just how close he is, leaning over me. Why did I have to be so short? Stupid tall person.

"Whatever. I got stuff to be doing and people to be seeing." I motion to move past him. As if to irk me, George slowly moves to the side as he holds the carriage door back to let me past.

"My lady." I glare at him, unable to tell if he's being sarcastic. He gives me a wry smile. Oh you're asking to be pranked. I elbow him as I go past. I question whether all these weird encounters were really worth it just to check Harry was okay? Sighing, I finally find Harry's carriage near the back of the train, he looked fine and was sat up talking to his friends, albeit a bit pale. That was good enough for me, I didn't bother going in and I didn't want to hang about to run into anyone else, so I make my way back to my own carriage. Hopefully, it wouldn't be much longer until we arrived. Then I got to go through the fun experience of everyone staring at me as I was sorted into a house. Dumbledory had sent an owl this morning to say I would join the first years to be sorted and then join the third years for classes. I hated being the centre of attention, no part of what was coming next would be enjoyable. At least I had made a friend in Ness, I just had to get through the sorting...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year everyone! (even though it was almost a week ago) How is everyone finding it so far?

As promised, I am slowly but surely continuing this story. That is completely thanks to all of your amazing and supportive comments. You guys are so motivating, if it weren't for you I wouldn't  be continuing with this story and would've given up a long time ago so THANK YOU! I am forever grateful to you all <3

Thoughts? COMMENTS & VOTES please! 

You'll have to wait and see if I can't have something ready for you next month ;) mwaha!

Much love always <3 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

92.9K 2.9K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
563 2 37
I'm sick and tired of everyone awing over the Weasley twins. They're idiot pranksters and don't even try to do anything right. Can people not see tha...
91.4K 2.5K 24
And then she fell. Miranda fell right on top of Fred Weasley. He looked up at her directly in the eyes, "I'm sure you wanted to see me and ask you h...
124K 5.1K 50
"𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶... 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥. 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘭...