Mysterious Girl (Harry Potter...

By MaryEden08

She can apparate into and out of Hogwarts when it should be impossible. She can randomly apparate to whereve... More

My Life
Unexpected
Impulse
Hospitality
Punishment
Payment
Facing Fire
Hope...
Renewed Friendship
Long Time No See
Weird Rooms Again!
Questions
Arrangements
Mysteries
Turning Tables
I'm so excited!
Flying
Quidditch
Quick Thinking
Sober
Warnings
Queries
First Prank
Hazel
Leaving Hogwarts?!
Focus
NOTE FROM AUTHOR!
Bish Please...
Christmas At Hogwarts
Juice Face Boy...AKA Malfoy
Throw caution to the wind?
Detective Work
Jelly vs. Satan's Imp
Spiders, Magic, Centaurs
Author's Note
Finding the Chamber
Inside the Chamber of Secrets
Sunset
New Beginning
Author's Note: COMING SOON.
Double Trouble
The Guards of Azkaban

Old Faces

14.2K 528 106
By MaryEden08

Dedicated to oocoomoocoo because shes awesome and I'm co-writing a Fred Weasley Fan Fic with her called 'The Story of Fred Weasley' so please check it out on her page! MUCH APPRICATED!! xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon reaching the hospital wing, eventually, Madam Pomfrey and Hope had me do a few more walking exercises while Dumbledory sat curiously on one of the many beds watching silently. When they were satisfied with my walking progress, they merged into another conversation to which Dumbledory joined and I zoned out.

Instead, I assessed the protective pull in my stomach, analyzed my general feelings to my new environment and carefully studied Dumbledory’s and Madame Pomfrey’s behaviour, conspicuously, to establish how much danger was currently lurking the school grounds. Well wasn’t that a lot of intelligent thoughts? Maybe I only think sensibly when people are in danger, hmm…focus Robyn!

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, my eyes turned back to Dumbeldory and Madam Pomfrey; Dumbledory seemed relaxed, at ease almost but a gut instinct told me his mind was elsewhere aside from watching me. Madam Pomfrey acted the opposite; every so often she would linger her glances at Dumbledory with hidden worry in her expression, looking to him for answers. Understandable! Who wouldn’t look to the mighty Jesus man for answers? He knows all…

On that thought I paused, if there was one thing I’d noticed from studying their behavior it was that whatever was causing them unease, seemed to stunt Dumbledory. You know it’s getting serious when ALBY JESUS doesn’t have the answers! Madam Pomfrey’s behaviour suggested that Alby’s obliviousness to the cause of the problem was more worrying than the problem itself. Curious…very curious…if I had Dumbledory’s beard right now I’d be stroking it with a thoughtful expression…

“Right, well I had better be getting back to St.Mungo’s,” sighed Hope breaking me out of my thoughts. “Professor could I trouble you to for the use of your fireplace?”

“Erm Hope?” I asked quickly. Ignoring the strange looks from Dumbledory and Madame Pomfrey for the nickname that only Hope would understand; I stood carefully using the bed for support. “Please may I write to you?” I asked finding myself expecting her to say no, I mean why would anyone want to keep in touch with me? I was nothing but a poor girl living off the kindness of others. It was worth asking! I reassured myself.

“Of course!” she replied with a lifted tone. I stared blankly at her waiting for the ‘not!’ part of her answer but when she continued to pull out a piece of paper and hand it to me I knew my expectations were wrong. The piece of paper held a set of numbers with St.Mungo’s address underneath. “The top number is my pager number; if you address the letters to St.Mungos with my pager number at the top, it should reach me fairly quickly.” She smiled, which I returned.

Then Hope did something I was neither expecting nor experienced in a very long time; she hugged me gently. “Take care Robyn. Poppy it was lovely seeing you!” She said turning to Madam Pomfrey as they embraced. After exchanging a few more words, Dumbledory escorted Hope out of the hospital wing with the promise of visiting again tomorrow.

Before I knew it Madam Pomfrey had me ready for bed and was handing me my dreamless sleep potion, insisting I rest after my ‘exhausting’ day of traveling. Being too tired to complain I did as instructed and was asleep within minutes…

*                         *                          *                          *

“Miss?” a high pitched called. My mind began to pull me back to consciousness as I felt myself being gently shaken awaken. “Robyn Miss?” it called again growing more persistence.

“Yes?” I replied groggily to the darkness of the hospital wing. Trying to pull myself into a sitting position proved difficult as a heavy weight pinned me to the bed; realising what I was trying to do it moved as I sat up. I rubbed my eyes before opening them to be met with a familiar pair of tennis ball like eyes staring at me worriedly.

“Dobby?!” I exclaimed surprised.

“Sorry for waking you Miss Robyn. Dobby was afraid Miss wouldn’t remember him,” He replied with a weak smile lowering his eyes.

“Nonsense. Of course I remember you Dobby!” I smiled at my favourite house elf. He may be the only house elf I’ve ever met but that is sooooo not the point!

Dobby and I met when his master brought him to a gambling arrangement held at the house. We were both serving the party and both harshly beaten for any mistakes; unfortunately for us it turned into a competition between our masters to see who could punish their servant worse. Master had been particularly unforgiving on these events due to his eagerness to impress. Dobby and I bonded over our ill treatment; we helped take care of each other, healing our brutal injuries together while talking about everything. Dobby was my beatings buddy.

“Dobby is glad Miss. Dobby has missed you and has come here to warn you Miss.” He spoke desperately lowering his high-pitched voice as if someone might hear.

“I missed you too Dobby! Warn me? Why? What’s wrong?” The urgency in his words had me alert and worried.

“Dobby needs Robyn to understand.” Pleaded the elf. The imploring, meaningful look he gave me as he took my hands in his tiny ones struck a light bulb in my head; knowing Dobby as well I did, I knew exactly what he was trying to say.

“I understand. Say only as much as you can.” I spoke solemnly.

“T’is Harry Potter Miss.” He began. The moment Dobby said that, I felt as though I’d just drunk way too much coffee. If I wasn’t awake then, I definitely am now! I nodded for him to continue, squeezing one of his hands reassuringly.

“Dobby has heard Miss. Dobby knows Harry Potter is not safe at Hogwarts; Dobby has seen Miss protect Harry Potter before and came to warn you Miss. Dobby wants to protect you both from dark, dark things!” Spoke the scared elf.

“Dobby, I will protect Harry at all costs. But why are you warning me?” I answered with a promise as well as a little confusion.

“Such admirable people are Harry Potter and Miss Robyn. Dobby senses the special connection between Miss and Harry Potter!” Cried the elf. I felt my face mask over in shock. How did Dobby know about my protective pull towards Harry?

“How do you know Dobby?” I asked tightly.

“We house elves feel it Miss. T’is powerful, powerful magic you has Miss, Dobby promises to say nothing about it Miss.” This soft reply eased me somewhat as I nodded.

“Thankyou Dobby, for the warning, the promise, for everything.” Though Dobby had only confirmed my theory about the danger here, I was still grateful for the warning. Now what can I do about it?

“Your very welcome Miss. Please be careful… Dobby must return home now…” he choked with fear. That fear was something I was all too familiar with. Hugging him tightly, “Take care of your self Dobby and come visit me more often, it was nice seeing a familiar, friendly face.” I smiled.

Nodding he gave me a toothy grin, which made my smile wider before there was an ear piercing crack and Dobby was gone. Feeling around for the rest of my sleepless dream potion, I drank it quickly and then lay down again with shuteyes.

Dobby came to warn me; Harry really is in danger and the protective pull won’t give me a break! I’ve only been here a day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boom! Hello everyone! Okay so here's the deal...

If I get 15 VOTES AND lots and lots of COMMENTS! my next upload will be on MY BIRTHDAY! September 8th!!!! :P

So get VOTING and COMMENTING :D Thankyou!! Love you all! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 370 13
Lynn is now at Hogwarts and things are going wrong! Hogwarts is not how she left it, and there's already someone on her bad list. Will she make it ba...
206K 5.2K 19
Juliet just got kicked out of her old wizarding school because of a prank she pulled so now she is on her way to Hogwarts. Juliet just wants to have...
1.7K 30 21
Y/n Snape daughter of Severus Snape, she's in her 5th year with her best friends the Weasley twins, and their friend Lee Jordan while the golden trio...
306K 7.7K 40
Nixie Potter goes through another year of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. The trouble starts when she goes to her very first Quidditch Tor...