Prince Among Mortals (Boyxboy)

By KosMos01

*This story has some dark themes and may cause triggers. Viewer's discretion is advised* Seventeen-year-old A... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 40

2.3K 108 13
By KosMos01

It was 4:15 AM that night when Sebastian awoke with a jolt. He touched his chest but found no blood. Getting out of bed, he headed for the door when he suddenly froze, literally.

Ice formed around his ankles and slowly crawled up his legs. His bedroom door opened and the kid with the red hard and black eyes with red irises stood in the middle of the hall.

The kid smiled. "Aw, did you really think that you were awake?"

Sebastian bared his fangs. "A dream within a dream. You little monster. What do you want from me? Why can't you leave me alone?!"

The boy laughed. "Because your my ticket for revenge. I don't have a body anymore but I certainly have you. But until the time is right, I want to torment you." He laughed sinisterly.

Sebastian tried to break free of the ice, but even with his vampiric strength, the ice remained firm. 

"Hehe, feeling like a mortal yet?" The kid asked. He opened a door next to him and the body of a boy hung in the air. His body was cut and shredded, hanging over a pool of his own blood and organs.

"Adrien!" Sebastian gasped in a cold horror. "You coldhearted bastard!"

The kid cocked his head. "Am I so? This boy. . . . means so much to you, doesn't he?" He flicked his unnatural colored eyes up at the massacred body. "I wonder what would happen if you lost him? Shall we find out?"

"No! Enough of your games. I'm sick of you haunting my dreams. Who are you!?"

"Tisk. Impatient aren't we? All in due time Sebastian. All in due time." 

The ice climbed up Sebastian, incasing his body. He tried to scream, but he found that his voice was speechless in the ice.

The world around him went black and thousands of corpses suddenly fell from above, and blood started to rain down. Adrien floated down a river of blood, but Sebastian could only watch in fear as the boy cried out for help as he drowned.

He awoke again with another jolt, his body trembling. The vampire glanced at the clock.

2:45 AM.

"I swear if this is another dream, I'm going to go sleep in a coffin." He slipped out of bed and cautiously opened the door. But the hall was empty, no strange kid, and certainly no ice suddenly stopping him. He sighed with relief.

He was halfway down the hall when he heard a door opened. As he turned, Adrien stepped out of his room, hyperventilating, his pajama shirt drenched with sweat, and scared out of his wits with tears running down his face from his redden eyes.

The moment he saw Sebastian, he ran straight into the vampire's embrace.

"Hey," the billionaire coaxed softly. "It's all right, it was just a dream." He led the boy downstairs into the living room, where Petunia was reading.

She looked up. "Are you two all right? You look like you had nightmares."

"Wouldn't be the first time." Sebastian said, siting down next to Adrien on the couch. "Aunt Petunia, do you still remember how to make that herbal tea you use to make for me and Richard?"

"Of course. It's my homemade recipe. Why on earth would I forget something that I made?" She stood and gave her nephew a kiss on the cheek and gently rubbed Adrien's back. "I'll go make some for both of you."

Sebastian wiped Adrien's tears away. "You want to talk about it?"

The boy shook his head. "He's always going to haunt me."

He softly cupped his chin, "No he won't. We'll get rid of those nightmares. We just have to replace those bad memories with better ones."

"Like what?" Adrien sniffed, feeling hopeless.

Sebastian suddenly pulled him into his lap in a straddled position. "Like this." 

And their lips met and a pleasant tingle slivered down Adrien's spine, causing him to let out a soft moan. Pulling away, Sebastian smiled.

"There, you see? We're making progress already."

Adrien blushed but suddenly grew worried as Sebastian's honey tone eyes became steel. The vampire moved Adrien off his lap and stood, whirling around so his attention was towards the kitchen. "Aunt Petunia, look out!"

"Eek!" The sound of glass shattering dropped a cold, dreaded horror upon Adrien.

His nightmare was coming true.

Sebastian leaped over the couch and sped into the kitchen, throwing a lucky hit. A figure he had barely seen went flying back through the broken sliding glass door and into the pool.

Sebastian's eyes went heartless and dark as he glared at the intruders. "Father." He snarled.

Gabriel simply smiled coldly. "Hello son, sorry I had to drop by like this but you and your friends are ruining everything. Oh, hello sister."

Petunia glared at him. "You could've killed me! What's your problem!?"

"Nothing, but it seems you're in the way as well. Do me a favor and stay out the way and you won't be killed."

A figure came popping out of the water. "What the hell just hit me?!"

"That would be my son, Collin. I told you pruebloods are to be reckon with."

Collin dragged himself out of the pool. Adrien, who had quietly stepped in and hid behind Sebastian, palled. The man's eyes were now red and his skin had slightly age a few years more than he was. But overall, he was now encased by time, never to die of old age or sickness or any other ways a vampire can't die from.

"Adrien, you'll find Silver Wind down in the basement on the table. It'll be a red blade so you should recognize it." Sebastian whispered.

The boy didn't need know why. He hurried off, hoping that no one would encounter him.

"Get out of my house." Sebastian demanded.

"Are you giving me orders?" Gabriel questioned, amused but also had a dangerous tone hidden underneath.

Sebastian held his chin up, not backing down. He motioned his aunt to back away. "I didn't invite you in and you just broke another glass door. Trespassing and intruding. Leave now Father, or I will kill you. There's nothing here for you."

Gabriel chuckled. "Oh but you're wrong. You're keeping 'The Child' here. Going against your orders from the Sanctum."

Sebastian flicked his eyes at Collin then back at his father. Two delusional men who would do anything to get Adrien all because of a hunch. It made him want to puke at the way Gabriel and Collin were similar. One had hurt the kid for three years, the other want to take him back to the clan for who-knows-what.

Sebastian wanted to bet on feeding thrall, but his father was more cunning than to use someone so important for a simple blood tap. "Adrien is not 'The Child', leave him alone already. After what that low-life fledgling has done, you insist that he's 'The Child'?"

Gabriel shrugged a shoulder while drawing a sword from a sheath at his side. "I'll give you this one chance to avoid bloodshed, son. Give us Adrien and we'll be on our way."

"Don't you watch movies, Father? The good guys never say yes to such a demand."

Gabriel pounced forward and the young vampire jumped back. Petunia shrieked as she ran upstairs and Adrien tossed Silver Wind, then hurried up to the second floor. Sebastian caught his trusted companion and thrusted the blade towards his father. As the two dueled, Collin snuck up stairs.

"What do you think you're doing?" Asked a cold voice.

A hand struck out as lightening speed, punching Collin in the face. He fell backwards down the stairs. Leaping to his feet, he used his new vampire speed to charge after Richard, but the older twin suddenly dropped to the floor and kicked the man's legs out from underneath him. 

Mr. Horn fell again.

"Poor little fledgling." Richard said in a synthetic caring tone, "So young, your powers are weak. No match for a pureblood."

"Adequately late are you Richard?!" Sebastian called, with a few grunts, from the living room.

"Sorry. Heavy sleeper."

"Excuses." The younger twin preformed a sideways kick, sending Gabriel into the pallor.

Richard blinked. "Father? Should've known you would try something."

Gabriel got to his feet. "So you're turning against me too Richard? And here I thought you would talk some sense into your younger brother." He leaned back as Silver Wind came into view and brought his sword up and over, forcing it to point at the floor. With a strong kick to the stomach, Sebastian flew back, toppling over the couch and nearly ending up in the fireplace.

He jumped to his feet as a silver sword hit the stone brick around the fireplace, but as he got to his feet, he was pushed forward, nearly hitting his head on the stereo system.

"Are you even trying?" Gabriel asked.

"Just giving you a chance to think about what your doing." Sebastian said, getting to his knees. He looked under the table the stereo sat upon and his eyes lit up.

"You know I don't stop at nothing to get what I want."

Sebastian stood with something in his right hand. "Hey! I found my Adam Lambert CD!"

"At a time like this, that's what you're worried about?!" Richard asked as he duck the punch being thrown by Collin.

Sebastian took a quick glance at his father. "One moment please." 

Gabriel flexed his sword hand as the young vampire popped the CD in the CD player and selected a song.

"I'm starting to wonder if you're that confident or that cocky." Gabriel said as Sebastian turned to face him.

"Try to play fair, Father." He leaped forward, quickly ducking as the silver sword came at him. He jump onto the coffee table as Gabriel tried to cut his leg. Sebastian quickly stepped on it and thrusted the hilt of his sword across Gabriel's jaw. His father quickly recovered, his hand lurched up to grab the young vampire, who at the same time backflipped off and scurried into the pallor.

Gabriel went after him. His sword sung through the air, but Sebastian quickly ducked, the sword missing him by a that much.

Richard scowled at him as he dueled with their father. "Really? Your playing a song while our home is being invaded?"

"Mm-hmm." Was Sebastian's reply as he performed another backflip to get away from Gabriel's attack. He spun and went on the defense as Gabriel slowly gained the upper hand.

Their sword clashed and scraped against each other as they met at the cross-guards. Sebastian pushed back then went into a run at his father, only to drop down at the last second and slide in between his legs.

He came to a stop, rolled back, and launched his legs into Gabriel's back, sending him forward then with his hands, Sebastian pushed himself back up. He turned as Collin came towards him. Sebastian cracked a smile and threw a punch right into his face, then back handed him.

Collin stumbled back then regaining his balance. He glanced up and Sebastian taunted him by motion him to 'bring it' with his hand. Collin lunged forward with his new fangs ready to bite into flesh. 

It was all child's play for the pureblood. He jumped back and ducked around him in an elegant manner, using the hilt of his sword to hit Collin in the back. The man stumbled forward and fell. Sebastian grabbed him by the collar and threw him into the front door. He ran and his foot swiftly collided in with—the door!

Seconds before, Collin quickly disappeared, and reappeared behind him. Sebastian black flipped over him and drove Silver Wind into his back. Pulling the sword out, he backed way as Mr. Horn turned and tried to throw a punch.

"Was that supposed to hurt?" Collin snarled as his wound healed. He leaped forward, but the young vampire leaped back at the same time.

A double backflip and Sebastian landed on his feet. His foot snapped out, preforming a snap kick and hitting Collin in the stomach, who recovered quickly.

"Despite its name, Silver Wind isn't actually made out of silver. So no, it wasn't." He ducked to avoid Collin's attack. "I was thinking about reconstructing it out of silver though. It would better prepare myself from foolish vampires like you. Silver Wind has been my companion since the yearly—"

"Spare me the details of your petty life." Collin disappeared but he couldn't get the advantage over the pureblood.

Sebastian turned, knowing where he would attack and grabbed his wrist in a bone-crushing grip. "Oh, but don't you want to know how Silver Wind became red?" He flicked his eyes over at Gabriel and Richard. They were in a fight of their own.

With a smile, Sebastian tossed Collin into Gabriel. He chucked in amusement as they toppled over one another. Richard breathed heavily. "About time you helped out. I'm ready to change if you are."

"Leave the hard work to me huh? You're just as strong as me."

Richard pointed to Gabriel. "He has a sword. Either you give me yours or change opponents."

Gabriel got to his feet and launched an attack on Richard but the younger twin sped forward and got in the way.

"It's just like you, getting in the way of everything." Gabriel stuck low, nicking Sebastian's leg. He forced Sebastian up the stairs, using the hight difference to strike low.

"Mother taught me to stand up for what's right." Silver Wind block the oncoming attacks.

"Heh, just like your mother. So strong willed, foolish; who's to say that what you're doing is right? Keeping him here will only end up drawing vampire hunters to you."

"Somehow I don't think you care about that. But who else is to say that vampire hunters won't storm the castle for the same purpose?"

Gabriel's blade came down hard as they even out on the second floor. Sebastian stumbled back from the blow.

"Your goal will be your undoing, Sebastian. You can't hope to be like a human, so why even try? You're already something more than these weakling, why fight against me?!" 

"At least Mother never forgot that she was humans once." Sebastian ran towards the wall, jumped, and pushed himself away to give him some air, tacking his father to the ground.

He rolled backwards before Gabriel got the upper hand. Of course, he was letting this happen. If he gave his father the idea that he had an advantage and Sebastian let the battle linger, he could try to get some information on why Gabriel wanted with Adrien.

Because let's face it, Sebastian could've finished this before it even started, but the dead don't talk—well, most don't anyway—so having his father killed right now was something to avoid for now (assuming nothing bad happens)

"Your mother was soft."

"And you loved her!" Sebastian jumped upon the railing and used it to get behind Gabriel. "The reason why I fight you is because you're wrong about Adrien. He's nothing but a kid who's jackass father doesn't give a care in the world about. So why do you want him?"

"To bring him back to the Sanctum." Gabriel blocked the oncoming attack from behind. He turned to face his son.

"Bullshit." Sebastian's heel came up flying quicker than Gabriel could register what was happening. He dropped to the floor, but quickly rolled away before Sebastian could land another blow.

"The Sanctum? For what? To be fed upon?" The young vampire thrusted his sword forward, only to be blocked once again. "I hardly believe that for a second." They pushed themselves back at the same time. "You're want him for something that'll benefit you."

Gabriel smiled. Apparently he was on the right track now. "Now what makes you think that?"

Sebastian sped around him and knocked him to the floor. "You not the father I once knew. There's something. . . . rotting in you." He placed the tip of his sword near Gabriel's throat, "What do you want with Adrien."

It was a dark smile that pressed upon his lips. "Like I would tell you."

"Are you done playing Sebastian?" Richard asked.

"Yeah. . . . I'm done." It was a heartless answer. He raised his sword.

But Gabriel quickly rolled away, though the sword nicked his side, and sped to the front door. "I will get my hands on him. Mark my words!"

Then he was gone.

Sebastian dropped Silver Wind and casted his soul piercing glare at Collin. Richard back away as Sebastian's skin unraveled like vines and changed color before a black mist covered him for a few moments. Mr. Horn couldn't move a muscle as Sebastian's demonic form took hold.

Collin didn't even know what hit him. The grey demonic vampire sped towards him, slamming him into the wall. It had happened so fast that even Richard needed a moment to process what happened.

"I told you you didn't know what power I wielded under my skin," Sebastian hissed. "What does my father plan to do with Adrien? Answer me!" He flashed his fangs.

"What makes you—Ahh!"

Sebastian's fingers wrapped around his throat, his claws pressing sharply into the man's flesh. "I can snap this neck like a twig. You want to keep it?" He asked in a sweet, devilish, poisonous tone. "Tell me what you know or I will kill you faster than you realized what happened."

Collin grabbed the demonic vampire's wrist, "I don't know anything."

Sebastian flick his red, slit pupil eyes at the top of the stairs. Adrien stood there, shaking with either fear at the sight of Sebastian's demonic form or anger at his rapist father.

Lifting Collin off the ground, Sebastian slammed him into the ground with such force that it crack some of the tiles. With a flap of his bony, ragged bat wings, he floated up the stairs. Adrien let out a small gasp and took a step back as the young vampire approached him.

"It's just me Adrien." He said softly, holding out his hand, though his demonic voice was still daunting. The redhead scrutinize the beast that stood before him. In this form, the vampire still had his hair and his face was slightly tight, showing his cheek bones, but his ears were slightly pointed like an elf, and his fangs were slightly longer and laid over his bottom lip even with his mouth closed.

His shoulders were a little wider to give room for the ragged bat wings that help kept him afloat and his fingernails were black pointed claws that look like they could tear through skin with ease.

Adrien also took notice that his body was still lean and well fit and that every muscle bugled through his skin. And while he blushed at the fact that the vampire was not clothed, his became red as a tomato after seeing that certain male part was missing and didn't seem to exist in this demonic form.

And as much as he wanted to ask why and to learn more about purebloods, he deemed it better not to ask that particular question.

He hesitantly stepped forward, laying his hand in Sebastian's. His fingers trailed along the demonic vampire's arm as he stepped forward. Then his fingers traced over his pecs and down his abdomen. "Sebastian?"

The demonic vampire nodded and cautiously ran his claws lightly over Adrien's hair then rested his hand on the small of boy's back. That tender touch was all Adrien needed to calm himself in the sight of this being. It was a little hard to swallow still, since he had seen this form only once but back then, he was scared out of his wit and was in a darker state of mind to even care about how the vampire looked. Back then, all he saw was a being that shouldn't have existed.

Adrien hugged him then turned a heated glare at Collin. But that was only an act, he was still scared of this man, of the things he did. And when Collin looked up, meeting his gaze, Adrien quickly hid behind his vampire friend.

"Ah, I see you've fallen for him as well." He glanced at Sebastian. "Doesn't he make a great little toy?"

Richard kicked Collin in the gut, then he too changed into a demonic form identical to Sebastian, except for his hair cut of course. "Keep quiet. You're in our world now, fledgling. Among vampires clan, titles are bestowed to vampires for their talents, popularity, and their service to their clan. My brother is the Prince Among Mortals, a title that has been deemed highest among all others. You have no right to speak in such a way to him."

Collin got to his feet. "What does a pathetic—"

Richard kicked him in the stomach again, dropping him to the floor. A small smile pressed against Sebastian's lips. Though he didn't care for tiles, he knew what Richard was trying to do, and there was no way Sebastian would let his brother have all the fun in not letting Adrien's rapist having it easy.

"If you were living in a clan," he said, "you would be beaten for speaking like that to me, and if you don't show respect to those who hold titles, you could find yourself being left outside in the sun or being burned alive, or you could have twenty cuts inflicted upon you by a silver weapon."

"What idiocy is this?" Collin got up again and tried to run for the side door in the kitchen.

Like he could get away from a pureblood.

Richard suddenly appeared before him, causing him to skid to a stop. He ran back, only to be seized by Sebastian and tossed up into the air. The young vampire jumped, his wings giving him some flight, and his fist plowed into Collin's stomach.

The new vampire hit the floor with a terrible thud that would've killed a human. A red mist enveloped around his neck, lifting him in the air. Adrien watched with mix feelings as Collin was held in the air by Richard. He was glad to see this man tortured, but he also feared to what the Belmont brothers would do.

Whatever punishment they had in store for him, Adrien was sure he couldn't stomach it.

"Every fledgling has to join a clan for protection and training for their new powers. If you're out on the streets, you could get yourself killed or end up drawing the attention of vampire hunters," said Sebastian.

"Can we keep him?" Richard asked. "We can make him a toy." He shot a blood-cold glare. "Won't that be fun, Collin? And I promise we won't hold back. We'll use every ounce of our vampiric powers to 'play' with you."

Sebastian touched his brother's shoulder. "It's not up to us." He looked up. "It's Adrien's decision."

Collin shifted his gaze. "You can't be—"

Richard tightened the mist's grip around Collin's neck. "Silence."

"Well Adrien?" Sebastian locked his eyes upon the redhead.

"Adrien, my boy. My sweet lover—" Collin crocked out.

"I said quiet." Richard hissed, tightening the mist again.

Sebastian turned to him, "You call Adrien your lover again, that tongue of yours will be ripped out. And if you don't believe I'll do such a thing, then I dare you to say it again. Then you'll see how cruel I can be."

Adrien shuddered. There was an icy dark tone to that threat and it didn't sound like something Sebastian would do. But then, he only knew the soft, kind side of the young vampire, he didn't know what he would do if he was extremely enraged.

"Calm down brother." Richard mentioned quietly.

Sebastian flicked his eyes over and slightly nodded before raking his claws against Collin's leg. The man tried to let out a yelp but it came out more like a dry inhale.

"What do you propose we should do, Adrien?" The young vampire asked.

Anger and malice flourished through him. Oh, there were so many things Adrien could do and if he was in that dark state of mind, he would've killed him first thing off the bat. 

But why do such a thing when he could give back what he received?

Adrien walked down the stairs, every step was like a drum announcing Collin's doom. To kill this man and watch him suffer as he died slowly, to hear his screams as he's tortured. So many possibilities.

"Drop him Richard." Sebastian ordered. 

Richard looked at him like he was crazy, but did as told. Collin dropped to the floor before Adrien's feet. Sebastian let out a red mist from his hand, binding Collin's hands and feet. 

Adrien threw a punch as hard as he could, striking at his father. Collin's jaw clenched before vanishing and breaking free of his bonds.

"Idiot," Sebastian said dryly. He quickly moved Adrien out of the way and swiftly picked up Collin by the throat as he reappeared and tried to attack Adrien.

"Shall I hurt him in your stead?" Sebastian asked the redhead, his demonic voice had a chill that could freeze blood.

Three long years of hell he was beaten, cut, whipped, raped. His virginity was stolen and he was forced to preform a 'service' every once in a while. His mother was dead, he was stripped of his humanity and became an animal in that basement. Now in this four year since it all started, Adrien would do what he could to no longer be tormented mentally by this man. 

"Yes." He said darkly, "Make him suffer."

"That will have to wait."

The Belmont brother's turned around as an unexpected guess appeared behind Adrien, placing a silver dagger against his throat. Gabriel smiled. "Thank you for being a distraction Collin. Enjoy the life of vampire."

Sebastian dropped Collin and lunged at his father. Gabriel threw the silver dagger at him and sped to the front door. Outside, another vampire was waiting for Gabriel, but when he approached, a sickening sound came as a black fiber blade with pulsing indigo and dark purple colors came out of his chest.

The vampire dropped dead and Gabriel and Adrien looked up.

Agnés stood before them, drenched in blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 11.5K 56
[Precious Series Book One] At 17 years old Adrien Aguilera is ready to take on his last year of high-school. But while trying to tackle a new school...
161K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
271K 10.1K 67
on the run from their horrible parents, thirteen teenagers meet up in the music room of their school everyday. because the only way to forget everyth...
15.2K 836 51
After the events of Swanston, Killian-Grey struggles to prove himself to the group after being branded as a traitor--especially when competing with h...