Let me Love you!

By bookfriend17

#50 in General fiction on 13-01-2019 #38 in General fiction on 20-01-2019 #36 in General fiction on 21-01-201... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter- 1. The Beginning of new life
Chapter- 2. Not place in my heart!
Chapter- 3. I can't do this!
Chapter- 4. You will be always in my heart
Chapter- 5. I'll miss you!
Chapter- 6. He is not that bad, is he?
Chapter-8. First Meeting
Chapter- 9. His care!
Chapter- 10. Unexpected arrival!
Helloooo!
Chapter 11: Past again

Chapter- 7. She is not that bad, is she?

2.9K 178 311
By bookfriend17

Author POV:

Even on the 20th call Adita got the same response in melodious voice and that was the last nail in the her patience. Infuriation word will be nothing in front of what she felt then. When even battery of her phone was started deteriorating gradually, she gave up. Clutching her purse and phone she sat on nearby bench but eyes still on the main gate for a single glimpse of Kaushal.

'Has Kaushal really left me here all alone?' Her dramatic mind not helping either.

Now no more known faces were there. Very few people were now there whom Adita didn't know at all. Her tears on the verge of bursting out, out of anger or fear of left alone she didn't know? In anxiety, she was feeling like everyone was looking at her only even when nobody had their eyes in her. She thought to try once again when her eyes fell on Kaushal approaching her.

Finally!

He looked happy and cheerful after having great time with his friends oblivious to the situation Adita were in.

"Chalen? (Ready to go?)" He asked with a bright smile which worked as chilli on Adita's mood. She watched his face for some time.

'Was that some kind of prank or was he avenging for morning incident?' She wondered.

"Chaliye. (Let's go.)" She said in expressionless straight voice. They walked together to their car. Adita took sleeping Priyam in her arms when Kaushal opened door for her. As earlier there was silence in the car this time too though Kaushal seemed in nice mood.

"It was great party,wasn't? After so long I had great time." He chirped on which she just chipped a smile.

"What did you do there? How did you liked the party?" He asked again which irrigated her more.

"I had my whale of time. Enjoyed a lot. Didn't want to come home leaving the hall." She said in extra sugary voice. He sensed the anger in her voice so to avoid upcoming argument he changed the topic,

"How was the dinner? What you had in desert?" He said changing the topic.

"Ice cream." She said monotonously.

"Ice cream? Where did you find it?" He was shocked on this because he was sure there was only sweets for desert and no ice creams.

"In the corner." Same tone.

"You had dinner, right?" Now he was suspicious.

"No, I didn't. I think people have dinner in party with the person they come with. But I was not aware that here its not the same." She sniffed.

'She is crying?' He asked himself. 'But why?'

Kaushal stopped the car and looked at her. Her long straight nose turned red. Hunger and anger made her situation worse, tears started falling without her control.

"I'm sorry, Adita. I'm really very sorry." He looked panic. He felt guilty for leaving her alone there and not checking for dinner. Now her tears making him restless. He didn't expect her to wait for him. "I...I forg...no, I.. I lost the track of time there. When I thought to come, it was already late, so I had dinner thinking you would have had. I'm sorry."

She didn't said anything just rubbed the back of palm on her cheeks to wipe tears. 
Kaushal watched her action restlessly then said, "You wait here. I'll come with something to eat. Near is very nice restaurant."

"No, please. I don't want to eat anything right now." She protested. He sighed.

"Look, I know you are angry and I have no problem with that but please don't take out your emotions on food. Have little." He was ready to go but Adita stopped him again.

"I'm not taking out my anger on food. I'll eat at home if I'll feel like. I..I cannot eat like this. Not a single morsel will go down now." Adita said almost pleading.

"But what will yo-" and again he was interrupted.

"Don't you take that at once. I don't want to means I don't want to." She snapped finally making him shut.

He sighed knowing it was waste to argue right now. She will not listen anyone. May be his Mom will helpful but that can backfire on him so he resumed driving leaving her on her own. Now there was complete silence in the car. Kaushal didn't dare to ask anything else fearing her outburst. Soon they were outside the their flat. Kaushal opened the door and Adita walked towards the bedroom the moment door opened.

Once Kaushal was inside the flat he jogged towards kitchen. He stood there thinking what to make and finally settled on one dish.
Curd Rice!

After moving out from his coat he rolled sleeves to his elbow. Opening the cabinet he took out the ingredients he will need. And decorated all those on the kitchen counter.

Rice - √
Salt - √
Mustard seeds - √
Oil -√
He opened the refrigerator and to his luck he got rest all the ingredients there.
Curd - √
Milk - √
Carrot - √
Capsicum - √

He washed the rice and put to cook and quickly started chopping capsicum and carrot.
Once rice was ready he added remaining ingredients and tempered it with mustard seeds and curry leaves cracked in oil.

'Won the half Battle.' Doing victory dance he took out a bowl.

He served it in a bowl and putting spoon beside marched towards bedroom.

Meanwhile Adita tucked Priyam in the bed keeping two pillow on each side she disappeared in washroom to change. She came out and was making Priyam change his clothes in some comfy when he woke up and started crying. Sensing the reason of his cry she poured milk in bottle out of thermos she carried in party.

'Indeed he was hungry.' She said when he immediately started drinking without tantrums.

She was feeding him while Priyam was busy playing with bangles on her wrist. He pushed bottle out of his mouth and pulled her bangles to his mouth attracted to jingling sound. Adita pulled her hands and again put bottle. This continued for a while till he slept in the middle of drinking milk. She rubbed his back till he burped and tucking him in crib she advanced to kitchen but before she can open the door it opened revealing Kaushal with a tray. Adita was shocked to see this side of him. He sheepishly smiled and motioned her to get out of way. Coming inside he kept the food on side table and poured some water in glass while Adita was watching this all with her jaw dropped. She knew he was not bad but getting care from Kaushal she can never even think.

"Why are you standing there? Come have your dinner before it gets cold." He said gesturing her to come.

She silently sat there and stated eating.

"How it is?" He asked cutting silence.

"Its good. No, yummy actually." She said with stuffed mouth.

"Really?" He looked happy.

"Why don't you decide yourself having a spoonful." She pushed spoon towards him.

"Nah, I already tasted in kitchen."

"Then why did you ask on the first place." She rolled her eyes.

"Just to know your view." He grinned.

She chuckled. After few minutes she looked up to find him scrolling something on mobile. Keeping spoon in plate she cleared her throat to gain his attention and succeeded.

"Wo." She started but stopped and then again started,"Um.. Actually I'm sorry. I shouldn't have behaved like that in car. I overreacted. I'm sorry." She offered apology with an awkward smile. 

"Its alright. In fact I should be apologising here. I was at fault this time." He said smiling at her cute expressions while apologizing. She smiled but didn't say anything and resumed eating.

"You know, sleeping empty stomach is not good for health."  He said to have some credit.

"I didn't plan too. I was going to grab something to eat but Priyam woke up then you came up with this before I can go."

'Still no thanks!' His mind pouted.

"Welcome! My pleasure." He said emphasizing on welcome word. She looked up and laughingly shook her head. He smiled and went to change into night clothes.

Next morning,

As usual, Adita was giving massage to Priyam and he was crying when Kaushal woke up but today he didn't say anything.

"Soon he is going to laugh only. Why turn it out to be can of worms" He muttered and decided to get ready.

"Kaushal" His step halted on Adita's call. He turned around and raised his brow.

"Can you drop me at supermarket today on your way to hospital?" She asked.

"Supermarket? Why?" He asked confused.

"I have to buy something there." She said wrapping Priyam in a soft towel.

"What?" He dig some more.

"Something." Seeing her stubbornness on not telling him he dismissed the topic agreeing in her demand.

Packing his tiffin, Adita made Priyam ready and was waiting for him. Kaushal came out and was fetching his car keys when she pushed tiffin box in his hands. He looked bewildered at it but said nothing. Soon trio were in car for their respective destination.

"You don't have to make tiffin for me. I'm habitual to eat canteen food so its no problem for me. I can manage. You are already always busy with Priyam and home chores so don't add this extra."

"Its nothing. I'm free entire day anyway. At least it will give me something to kill the time."

"As your wish." He dropped the talk.

After bidding bye to him, Adita stepped towards a jewelry shop. There a young salesman welcomed her.

"Do you have baby bracelets?" She said having look on the entire shop.

"Gold or silver Ma'am?" He asked her preference.

"Show me both. I'll decide after having look on all."

After a long contemplation she chose a cute little gold kada (bracelet) with a tiny bells at end.

"Priyam, show me your hand. Look what Mommy have for you." With this she told the salesman size she want and soon they were outside the shop with packed bracelet.

And now there was the main problem for her which she didn't think before in enthusiasm to gift her son. She asked many auto rickshaw to go to her resident but they said something in Tamil which she didn't understood. She tried again and again but they said same,

"Road ah kadanduthu poganum Madam. Anku anta pakutikku ninkal anku iruppirkal." (Cross the road Madam. There you will that for that area.)

She thought to try google translation but she couldn't get even pronunciation. She was cursing herself for biting more than she can chew. She didn't know anyone here whom she can call for help and calling Kaushal now was asking for trouble. At length she decided to call him even if he will bash out but before she can someone tapped her shoulder. She looked and there was her angel in disguise, Mrs Vrushali Iyyer.

"Adita, you here? what are you doing? Shopping?" Vrushali asked her smiling.

"Anni, thank god. You don't know what your presence mean to me right now." She visibly relaxed.

"Lady, first come. Sit in the vehicle. You are sweating here. I'm also going home so will go together." They settled in Vrushali's car.

"Now say, what happened? Why you looked troubled?" Vrushali asked starting engine of the vehicle.

"I was going home after buying this. But when I went to hire auto rickshaw they were saying something I didn't understand. I asked them in English also but they replied in Tamil only." She explained.

"You could have booked any cab online. Why didn't you?" She asked the obvious question.

"Oh no! It completely went out of my mind. I'm such a dumb. In anxiety my mind goes blank." She smacked herself with her free hand while other was securing Priyam in her shoulder.

"Haha, it happens. Don't worry. Next time call me in such scenario. Okay?" Adita nodded.

"Anni, that day, I didn't mean to be rude. I don't know what I was thinking. I shouldn't hav-" Adita started apologizing but Vrushali interrupted her.

"Oh, come on girl. It was nothing. I know I touched sensitive point of yours. But didn't apologized seeing you normal later thinking why to drag topic when it ended already."
Vrushali dismissed the apology and continued,
"Anyway drop that already and listen what I'm saying now. Next time when you are stuck anywhere like you were today. Say two sentences there."

"And those are?" Now Adita were curious because of the lesson she got today.

"Tamil moli enakku atikam teriyatu."

Adita repeated those twice like toddler and like this they reached their apartment and bade bye to each other.

At evening, when Kaushal entered in home he heard some unfamiliar jingling sounds. Tracing the sound he reached balcony to find Adita playing with Priyam and that jingle coming from the tiny bells of bracelets adored in his hands. Immediately his temper rose on this sight.

He remembered his Mom talking about some baby jewelries few months back but he strictly told everyone in the home not to buy anything like that to prevent rashes on his son. How much he know his Mom she wouldn't leave biting his ears until he agree but surprisingly she did.

"This girl surely know how to find topic to fight daily." He muttered under his breath.

"You came? When? How did you enter?" Adita looked up sensing his presence.

"Its my home too. I live here. I have spare key. Can't I have?" He snapped making her bewildered.

"Okay. You change I'll bring your coffee." She said smiling.

"No need. I'll make my own." Saying he went to get freshen up.

Unknown  the reason of his fury Adita went to make him coffee. She found him sitting on couch in the drawing room. She made Priyam lay in baby crib and gave him his coffee.

He took coffee mug out of her hand and had few sips before saying, "You didn't had to buy this you know."

"What?" She asked confusingly.

"Bracelet. I saw on his wrist." He gestured towards Priyam's side.

"Why not? He likes jingle sounds. It will entertain him." She shrugged.

"Take it out. It can cause rashes on his skin." He said in authority.

"It doesn't. I know. Your son is not first baby born in this world. Every baby wear this. They doesn't get rashes or anything like that. Even Nitya Di  made her daughter wear this. Nothing happened and even if it will happen by chance then I'll take it out." Now she was irrigated too.

"At least you would have asked me. Why didn't you?" He pestered more.

"Why are you making fuss of nothing suddenly?" She snapped at length.

"Nothing! You say nothing? Its about my son. He is my son. You have to ask everything before you do which relates to him." He stood up saying this.

"Why? Who am I? His nanny? So I should ask everything to you? Huh?" She tok stood up fuming, "listen Mister, and listen carefully. You believe or not. I'm his MOTHER. You get? Mother. And even you can't snatch that right from me. Yes, I'll ask to you which concern my son but that doesn't mean I'll ask everything. He is my son too and I'll give him whatever I wants. If I'll appreciate and encourage him then I can give him even tight slap too when he does any inappropriate deed." She said in full attitude.

"What do you mean by yo-" Their heated argument was interjected by Priyam's cry. Poor baby looked at both of them and when nobody paid attention to him he started crying. Adita picked him up and marched towards bedroom trying to calm him. Where Kaushal sat on the couch again pulling his hairs. He was frustrated when his phone went off. He would have ignored it if wouldn't have flashed Sujoy's name.

"Hello, devil friend. How are you?" Sujoy chirped.

"I'm alive but will die if you spoil my mood some more." And  Kaushal barked over the phone.

"Woah! Hold on new daddy. What happened. Why sour mood? Priyam giving hard times." He chuckled on other side.

"Oh please, don't blame that small baby when here adult are worse than him." Kaushal was not in the mood to joke.

"Hua kya Bhai? ( what happened bro?)

"Adita happened! This girl has made my life hell here. She daily picks up something to fight." He got source to burst out so he started, " You know what she did today? She bought a bracelet for Priyam. I had strictly told not to do that. Even Mom didn't go against me then ye hoti kaun hai mere bete ke liye mujhse bina puchhe kuchh karnewali ? (who is she to do such things for my son without asking me?) Even now whe-"

"Wait wait. Stop there. What do you mean by WO hoti kaun hai ? She is Priyam's mother. Look kaushal, you can't deny her right which she has already." Sujoy explained him calmly. 

"Yeah, yeah. No need to repeat her words. I know she is mother but look at her bravery bro. She said she will do whatever she want with my son. Who is sh-" He was now more annoyed.

"So? What did she say wrong. He is her son too. She can. And why are you reacting like she will do some harm to him." Sujoy didn't back out.

"I didn't say that." He defended.

"Trust me Kaushal. She will never do anything which can cause any harm to your baby." Sujoy assured him.

"You are saying like you know her very well." Kaushal asked bitterly.

"Yes I do. At least more than you know her." Sujoy said in sad voice."You are my best friend. I'll always wish your well being. Don't ruin more Kaushal. Don't be stubborn to see what you want to see. See what it is. Preserve whatever you have before its too late. Rest you know better. Siya is being fussy here I'll call you later. Bye."

"Bye. Take care." He kept the phone on coffee table and sat there silently. He was thinking, this time without being biased.
'He is right. Even she is right.
I unnecessarily drag matter. What she did wrong? Nothing. Literally nothing. She is not that bad, is she?May be its just me.' He thought.

Later few hours were complete silent in that home. Adita did her chores ignoring him while he was just sitting idly. He didn't even go to help her to avoid any fiasco due to her bitter mood. Supper also went without any word.

Kaushal was half laying on bed patting Priyam's tummy to make him sleep but the little boy was busy in admiring his new bracelet. Kicking his legs and hands he was trying to find from where that sound was coming. Adita came in and put the the water jug on the side table. She was about to lay on her side when Kaushal cleared his throat.
"Are you sleepy? Can we talk  a minute?" She sat straight and looked at him to continue.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things." He mumbled on which she just nodded though didn't look convinced.

"Not only for this. I'll try not to irritate you from now onwards. It was last time."

She sighed and said,"Even I'm tired of this bitter remarks and banters. Can't we live like civil people? I know you have your own reasons and side but we can behave like a acquaintances if not friends right?" He nodded at this.

And there started something where was nothing before.

Adita POV:

"Don't forget okay? In fact set reminder or something which will remind you on 4:00pm sharply. Its better." This was 15th time he said the same lines.

"Bas, I'll not miss. Don't worry. Sharp 4pm I have to come hospital. Fine." I said giving him his tiffin.

"Okay. If I'll get time then I'll call you too." He kissed Priyam's temple and bade bye to both of us.

It has been one month since our last fight regarding bracelet and in this one past one month true to his words Kaushal did nothing which can rise fight between us.
Today this continues reminder was for Priyam's vaccination as he is now six months old so TCV (Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine) is necessary now. In this one month I learned so many things. Everyday something new. No matter how much I read about babies and parenting its never enough. Sometimes it seems even waste now. Earlier I thought babies cry out of hunger, pain or when they make their diaper dirty but now I know sometimes they cry just because they want to. May be for getting attention or something which is only known to them. About Kaushal as I said before he is not that bad. Yes, he behaved little jerk but now when I think with calm mind I can't blame him either. He lost his wife whom he loved more than anything in this world and within six month remarriage and accepting me is not as easy as it seems. I can't imagination his situation even I try to be in his shoes so we made peace between us  where my cooperation is there too.

Sharp 4 PM I was outside my apartment and this time I already booked cab online. Soon we were in hospital and I have filled form even but sitting outside the doctor's cabin I didn't had courage to go in. I never feared injection in my life but idea of that cruel piercing in my baby's soft skin was terrifying me. Somehow we went inside on our call. Watching that doctor piercing injection mercilessly in soft skin was the most horrible sight for me. Priyam started crying loudly and today making him calm was impossible for even me.

I waited for half an hour pacing with Priyam waiting for Kaushal but when he didn't stop even after half an hour I asked on reception for Kaushal as it was close to end his shift. She immediately recognized me as had met in function held last month. I went towards the direction she told me for Kaushal's cabin. I knocked on the door but didn't get reply so was standing outside when a ward boy told me to get in the cabin as Dr. Kaushal was free and no patients were scheduled now according to him.

I opened the door and the moment my eyes fall on my husband snatched floor under my feet.

There was Kaushal sitting on the chair but not alone. He was sitting with a young lady on his lap and their hands tightly intertwined with each other.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Hello!

So in the middle of my exam here a update!
This is a birthday gift update for aaradhana_adithya
Happy Birthday once again Buddy!
Sorry for delayed gift buddy!
A very very big thanks to the_simple for this splendid cover.

Coming to the chapter, how it is?
Good? Average? Getting better?
Sorry for the typos and grammar mistakes.
Updated in hurry but will edit soon this chapter.
If you like this chapter please consider it to vote and share.
Please drop a comment in the comment box for a author!
Thank you!
See ya in the next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 1.1K 24
कहते हैं...... प्रेम करने से पहले दोनों आंखें खुली हो, प्रेम कर लेने के पश्चात एक आंख मीच लो। .. पर जो अगर दोनों आंखें खोलने को मजबूर किया जाए त...
1.5M 59.8K 75
Previous Title : Tum Jo Nahi Toh Kuch Bhi Nahi He was sitting emotionlessly. He looked toward her in anger. She also looked at him but she was confus...
165K 12.6K 18
♡Book one in Destiny series♡ **If you are interested in cute and romantic story line then this the exact story** "Don't think that you married me and...
4.4M 152K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...