Every Family Needs an Heir โ˜พ

By Cennedixx

The Second Book of The Pureblood Chronicles The "battle" with the Volturi is over. Isa and her mates have set... More

CAST
Epigraph
PLAYLIST
Prologue
Chapter One: Always and Forever
Chapter Two: House of the Rising Son
Chapter Three: Tangled up in Blue
Chapter Five: Sinner and Saints
Chapter Six: Fruit of the Poisoned Tree
Chapter Seven: Bloodletting
Chapter Eight: The River in Reverse
*Quick Authors note*
Chapter Nine: Reigning Pain in New Orleans

Chapter Four: Girl in New Orleans

252 6 4
By Cennedixx

⚜️☽⚜️

There is a reason I'm still standing 

I never knew If I would be landing 

And I will run fast, outlast 

Everyone that said no

|

Karmina

⬦⬥⬦

I wake in Nik's room. The sun shines in through the curtains illuminating Nik's face who sleeps soundly next to me. I run my hand through my messy raven hair sitting up.

It's nice to for once bask in the peacefulness of the morning without having to worry about what will be going on later in the day. With the war between the vampires and witches continuing to grow, I take my moments of peace with Nik as often as I can.

Nik mumbles something I can't quite make out. His face twitches and a smile makes its way onto to his face.

"You're my littlest wolf. I'll always protect you... " Nik says.

I have to look over to him to make sure he's still asleep and when I notice he is, I smile. Of all the things he could be dreaming of, he's dreaming about our little girl.

Nik suddenly sits up looking at me. His blues eyes take in my features.

"Good morning, Elskling. Did you sleep well."

I move to sit beside him pulling the covers up to my bare shoulders.

"Better than I have in a while. You slept very well. Did you know you talk in your sleep?"

He gives me a confused look; his eyes widening in surprise. His ears turn a bright red; flustered, and I giggle.

"What did I say?"

"You said you would always protect our littlest wolf. I'm glad you're warming up to the idea of being a parent."

Nik smiles one of his real smiles not one of his smirks. He pulls me closer to him and rests his hands on my still flat stomach. I lean into him as he kisses the crown of my head. I let go of the sheet and rest my hands on his arms.

I feel my fangs lengthen slightly and groan at the discomfort.

"Love, how long has it been since you last fed from me or Elijah?" He asks full of concern.

I guess in the mess that is going on around us, neither of us realized that we haven't fed from each other in almost a week. I gasp realizing our little girl hasn't been getting all the nutrients she needs.

"Almost a week, Nik how could we forget? She must be starving!" I say looking down at my stomach.

That would also explain the reason my reflexes weren't as fast when those vampires attacked Hayley and me.

I look at Nik with big bright blue eyes and his hold the same concern.

"Shh. Love, it will be okay. You need to feed and we can't forget about it again. Do you think you could do blood bags if it was my blood? That way if I'm not around again or you get hungry you could feed?"

I think about it. Would it work? Possibly. Am I willing to try even if it brings me discomfort? Yes. I really wish Anna was here to tell me. Thinking about her just makes me angry at her again.

"We can try. Do a blood bag and I'll try it later today. I'm willing to try anything to keep this from happening again."

He nods and guides his wrist to my lips. I let my vampire face take over my features. My fangs lengthen and I bite into Nik's offered wrist gently. I pull long gulps of blood, feeling myself grow in strength.

Nik holds me tight listening to the heartbeat coming from my stomach. I listen as well hearing the strong little pitter-patter if her heart. He rubs my arm as I feel sated for now. I go to pull away but he stops me.

"Just drink a little more, her heartbeat is getting stronger, but I want it to be as strong as it can be."

I continue to pull blood from his wrist. I bring my own hand up to pull his wrist closer to me. Feeling like I would burst if I drank anymore, I pull away. This time he doesn't stop me.

I offer him my own wrist but he shakes his head in denial.

"Later, I'll be fine. I'll drink a couple of blood bags."

I sigh knowing it's not the same for him. I don't move my hand being stubborn. When he doesn't move to feed, I bring my wrist to my mouth and bite it holding it back out to Nik. He doesn't move to take it and the bleeding holes heal.

I bring it back down to my lap knowing he's not going to feed no matter what I try.

"I promise, I'll feed later once I'm sure you're at full strength."

I nod, getting up from the bed making my way to the closet. Nik's eyes follow my naked body the whole time. I put on a matching black bra and panty set.

Nik moves behind me weaving his arms around my waist kissing my neck. I smirk moving my head to the side letting him have better access. He leaves quickly healing love bites.

"I should be going. I'll see you later, Love." Nik says pulling on a t-shirt and his leather jacket.

He leaves the room and I finish getting dressed.

I make my way down to the kitchen to get something to eat. As I make myself a bowl of Cheerios, my phone rings. I pull it out of my pocket looking at the caller ID. It's Angela.

"Angela! It's so good to hear from you." I say with a smile on my face.

"Isa, I need you to listen to me and listen to me good. Something is brewing with the witches of the French Quarter. I don't know much but, don't trust them... any of them. I'm on my way to you now."

I scrunch my face up in confusion. First Anna goes evil and now the witches are planning something, what more could go wrong? I'm seriously starting to hate this city.

"Okay. Can you be more specific about what the witches are doing?"

I place my bowl of cereal on the island countertop and sit on one of the chairs. I put my phone on speaker and set it on the counter so I can eat my breakfast.

"I don't know what they're planning. I just know it's bad. Also, you need to save the little witch, Davina. She's in just as much danger as you."

The super-witch that has Elijah captive? What could her coven want to do with her that she's in danger?

I spoon another bite of cereal into my mouth.

"How far out are you? I'm not allowed to leave the house, so I could use the company."

No sooner than I ask the question, I hear a car coming up the driveway. I make my way over to the front door only to be greeted by not just Angela but Peter as well.

Ang pulls me into her arms hugging me with all her strength which is quite a lot for such a small person. She lets go and looks at my stomach, there is the smallest hint of a bump.

"Hey 'Lil Bit, this is kind of important, so if you could let us into the house that would be great," Peter says while tapping his booted foot.

I move away from the doorway motioning for them to follow me back to the kitchen. As we pass by the study on the main floor, I hear a woman talking.

"No, offense, but I'm not completely sure why you've invited me here." I hear the voice of the bartender from Rousseau's say.

"I enjoy your company. And I sense you have the capacity for understanding someone of my... complexity." Klaus' voice says in return.

I don't stick around to hear what else he has to say as jealousy courses through my veins.

Angela looks at me with confusion and Peter just pats my back. We enter the kitchen and I go back to my now soggy breakfast.

"Pirate Pete, what has your panties in a twist?"

He glares at me. I take my bowl of cereal to the sink. I then open the fridge and pull out a bowl of fruit Bekah brought home for me last night.

"For starters, I don't know what these stupid witches are planning and every time I try to force the information, I end up with a headache. Two, I know you're in danger, and three... well, there isn't a three at the moment."

I sigh knowing that I'm the reason he's away from his mates.

"I'm sorry Peter. Maybe it's best you don't try to force the information to come. If anything really bad is going to happen I'm sure the ancestors will warn me as they did with the Volturi."

He looks at me with his bright red eyes with a look telling me I'm right. Angela sits on the chair next to mine and steals a strawberry from my fruit.

I hear footsteps approach the room. Hayley enters and shrieks when she sees Peter. I jump up from my chair and walk over to her trying to get her to calm down before Nik comes in. It appears I'm too late when I see him standing behind Hayley.

"What is going on in here?" He asks the four of us.

I glare at him not liking the idea of him being so close to another girl. The same one who seemed to be hitting on Lijah just a few weeks ago.

"Peter and Angela came because Peter's gift is giving information. As for the screaming, Hayley saw Peter who might I add is quite scary."

The Cold One jabs me in the ribs playfully. Nik sighs and leaves the kitchen without saying a word.

|3RD PERSON|

Marcel enters St. Annes going to see his favorite witch. He walks through the rows of pews heading towards the attic where Davina knees in front of a coffin. She has her hand on the dagger and slowly pulls it from the dedicated Original, before pushing it back in.

Marcel enters and leans over the coffin looking at Elijah.

"This sucker's resilient. He's like a cockroach in a suit." He says with mirth. "Doesn't matter. Time to give ol' Elijah back to Klaus, anyways."

Davina moves away from the window and looks at Marcel with anger. Her brown eyes alight and full lips in a tight line.

"You asked me to figure out how to kill an Original. I'm not done!" She points toward Elijah's coffin. "The silver dagger hurts them, but that's it."

Marcel looks at the teenage witch with a frown. "Davina, we've been through this. Klaus helped save my life, I owe him one. Since he wants his brother back—"

Davina interrupts him, "Tonight's the annual Dauphine Street Music Festival. I wanna go. Please."

"The whole point of you being up here is so that you're never spotted out there. You know who works smack in the middle Dauphine Street? Sophie Deveraux. Pain-in-the-ass witch and you know what the witches will do if they find you."

Davina groans and pouts. "But you control the witches. Make her go away!"

"I said no!"

      |ISABEL|

I sit on the couch with Angela and Hayley as we each flip through some magazines. Rebekah types on her laptop sitting on the loveseat across from us. The witch Agnes sits on the couch across from us watching me closely. Peter and Nik left us here to go do their own thing.

Getting tired of Agnes' staring I break the silence.

"I'm telling you, Agnes, I feel great!"

The witch sighs and looks at me intently. "You are overdue for a checkup."

Angela scoffs. "What is she supposed to do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant Pureblood escorted by a witch—nothing to see here!"

Rebekah sets her laptop on the coffee table to look at us.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me odd that you're not taking better care of yours." She says bitterly.

I sigh and lay my head against Angela's shoulder closing my eyes.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou. Off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

I think it over for a minute before rolling my eyes.

"Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is."

Angela, Agnes, and I head for the door leaving Hayley and Rebekah.

Before we can open the door, Nik and Peter come waltzing in. I give them a small smile. Angela and Agnes go outside.

"Where are you going Elskling?"

He pulls me into a hug and I instantly relax. "Baby doctor in the Bayou."

He nods kissing my head and letting me leave.

|3rd PERSON|

Rebekah sits on the couch continuing to look at satellite pictures of the French Quarter. Nik walks in and scoffs at his little sister.

"Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in 'anonymous attic'"

Nik moves to pour a glass of scotch.

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans." She says flippantly.

Nik stands behind the couch looking at Rebekah's computer.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles."

Rebekah scoffs and turns to look at Nik before turning back to her screen.

"I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin."

Nik lopsided smirk makes its way onto his face.

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely," he deadpans taking a sip of his drink.

"Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."

Rebekah turns once more to look at her brother. Her lips in a tight-lipped smile. "As usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother."

"I like to think of it as killing two birds with one stone. Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home."

Rebekah tightens her lips while smiling barley glancing at her brother.

⬦⬥⬦

Josh settles into the vampire bar hangout. Josh moves towards Diego who is feeding on a woman.

"Hey, Diego!"

Diego scowls and stops feeding on the woman. He wipes his mouth and drops the unconscious woman on the ground before looking at Josh.

"What?"

He glances at Diego's daylight ring. "Uhhh, do you know any way to fast-track the whole... getting a daylight ring thing?"

"You get a daylight ring when you're invited to the inner circle. For you, that may never happen."

Josh takes a moment to think about what Diego said. "Yeah, but there's an opening, right? Now that Thierry's like... you know—"

Diego gets angry at the mention of his longtime friend. He glares the young vampire.

"You shut up about Thierry, alright? He didn't deserve what he got. Marcel was just showing off because of Klaus. Can't wait 'til his ancient-ass is outta here."

Rebekah enters the bar silently as to not alert the vampires.

"You and me both." The female Original says getting the entire bars attention.

Diego stands up, clapping his hands, and walks towards Rebekah.

"Look alive, boys. We've got ourselves one high-class Original vampire."

Rebekah grins. "Mmm, a real charmer. What if I told you I could help you out with your little Klaus problem, in exchange for the tiniest bit of gossip."

Diego's look goes serious at the offer.

"Like what?"

Rebekah gives a charming smile. "You may have heard the rumors that Marcel and I were quite an item, back in the day. He seems to have moved on, and I'd like to know with who."

Diego scoffs and turns back to the bar.

"You've seen him with the bartender." He says pointing out the obvious.

"What, the plain-Jane That he carries on with? Only a blind man would choose her over me. There must be another girl."

Diego shrugs and shakes his head.

"Look, I just need the tiniest bit of closure. And then I can leave New Orleans and I'll be sure to take Klaus with me, which, let's face it, would make your life a whole lot easier?"

Diego sighs. "Look, Marcel's got a full plate. If he's seeing some other hottie, she's somewhere in the Quarter, probably close by."

Rebekah gives a real smile to the vampire.

"And that, Milady, is all I've got."

⬦⬥⬦

A priest is cleaning the church when Rebekah enters. He looks up briefly glancing at her before going back to what he was doing.

"Church is closed. If you want your horror fix, go take a ghost tour."

"I don't much care for ghosts. I am, however, fascinated with window shutters. I've been on a town tour of them all day. I noticed the windows of your attic have shutters."

The priest looks her closely. "Are you really interested in shutters?"

"I can assure you it's my current life obsession. What's your name."

"Father Kieran. And you are?"

Rebekah smirks. "Mildly curious."

Father Kieran sighs deeply as Rebekah notices a red stain on the nearby wall.

"What happened here?"

He sighs. "St. Ann's used to be the heart of the neighborhood. It's been abandoned for a while now. Since the night of the massacre. Nine seminary students were killed... by one of their own. You're standing on blood."

I'm not squeamish. Where's the attic?"

"Like I said, church is closed."

Rebekah moves so she is right in front of him. She compels him. "Where's the attic?"

"Past the sacristy, up the stairs."

Rebekah smiles at the compelled priest.

"Thank you. Now, forget I was here."

She walks away. A few seconds later, Father Kieran shakes his head, as if shaking himself out of a daze.

Rebekah makes her way to the door and peers inside. When she sees Elijah's coffin she smiles.

"I knew it!"

She tries to enter the room, but can't. She's being kept out by magic. Elijah, sensing his sister opens his eyes and looks towards her. He uses his mental abilities to talk to her.

He uses his mental abilities to talk to her.

Rebekah looks around confused as to what happened.

"What the bloody hell?"

Elijah stands behind Rebekah smiling roguishly

"Rebekah, language, please!"

She turns around and a big smile makes its way onto her face.

"Elijah!"

She runs toward him and hugs him tightly before looking around again.

"What is this?"

He moves to stand closer to his sister, truly missing her. Rebekah notices and takes one of his hands in her own giving it a small squeeze.

"You don't remember? We went to the opera house together. It was your first full day back into New Orleans society after Klaus removed the dagger from you. It's a memory only you and I share. Also, I needed to know it wasn't another one of Davina's tricks."

Rebekah smiles at him finally remembering where she is.

"Well, how are you even awake?"

Elijah smiles once again. "Davina removed the dagger, unaware that doing so even once would negate the daggers power. In a few hours, I shall be as good as new!"

"So, pop me into the attic and we can find a way to get you out!"

"I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to leave yet, Rebekah."

She looks at him like he's crazy.

"This girl, Davina, she's curious. Willful, too." He pours himself and Rebekah a drink.

"Soon, I shall be able to speak to her, perhaps to even propose a truce of some kind. So, if we can end this war between the vampires and witches, we'll be able to eliminate the threat to Isabel and her baby. Perhaps then Niklaus and our entire family can finally know peace."

He hands Rebekah her drink and takes a drink of his own. Rebekah can understand where he's coming from, but she also knows that Isa misses him dearly.

"In the meantime, I need you to look after Isabel. With me not being there and Niklaus' need to get his kingdom back, she's going to need you. Make sure feeds too. We don't need her and the baby getting sick. Swear to me, Rebekah."

She is returned to the real world and looks into the room where Elijah is.

"I swear."

⬦⬥⬦

Cami stands in the attic of St. Annes getting ready for the music festival that she compromised with Marcel to go too. She stares at herself in the mirror making sure her outfit is perfect.

She can't wait to see Tim, her friend from school that she has a crush on. With one final glance at herself, she goes and sits down waiting for Marcel to arrive to take her to his friend.

|ISABEL|

Agnes drives Angela and me down a dark driveway of sorts. She stops in front of a worn-out building.

"This is a doctors office?" I ask getting a bad feeling about the location.

Agnes looks at us with a small smile gracing her lips. "Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go! She won't bite!"

"But I will," I whisper under my breath.

Ang and I nervously leave the car and walk toward the clinic. Ang looks at me.

"I have a bad feeling about this. We should leave."

I look at her closely. I have the same feeling, but I really should get a checkup.

"No, we should do this. If anything happens, we can protect ourselves."

She sighs but follows me into the clinic.

⬦⬥⬦

Dr. Paige looks at the screen with my child on it.

"Your baby's heart rate is perfect." The doctor gives me a smile. Ang looks at me smiling as well.

A smile makes its way onto my face as I listen to my little one's heart.

"She's a tough one like her momma," Ang says grinning like a fool.

The doctor chuckles and gives me a tissue to wipe the gel off my stomach. I sit up I feel her touch my shoulder with the birthmark on it.

"That's a unique birthmark."

I tense and pull my cardigan up to cover it feeling uncomfortable.

"We're pretty much done here, right?"

I look at my phone. Bekah texted me. 
"Your blood pressure is a bit high, I've got something for it."

She leaves the room and Ang looks at me with concern. I look at my phone again and text Bekah back.

Bayou clinic with doctor.

A wolf howls in the distance, startling Ang and I. Ang goes and looks out the window. She turns back to me and mouths there's someone coming.

Dr. Paige comes back into the room with medication.

"Ahh, you know, I'm-I'm actually not that good with pills," I say nervously.

Dr. Paige shrugs, but you I can sense she's nervous. "Heh, neither am I, truth be told."

I watch as she pulls out a syringe and a bottle of something. People enter the clinic. Dr. Paige lunges at me but I'm quicker and stab her in the neck with the syringe.

Ang runs to the door and locks it. I move the window and try to open it.

"You're going to have to break it. Hurry up. I can't keep the door closed for much longer." Angela says with her hand outstretched towards the door. She's using magic.

I break the window and Ang and I run.  

|3RD PERSON|

Outside of Rousseau's, Tim struggles to unlock his car. He holds his fiddle case in one and his keys in the other.

"Hello, Tim," Klaus says coming up behind the teenage boy.

Peter stands next to Klaus. Tim stares at Klaus blankly.

"I believe you and I share an acquaintance."

Klaus grabs the boys shoulders and looks him in the eyes. "Be a good lad and help me send a message."

Peter looks at the boy who has a dazed look on his face.

"I'm never going to get used to the fact that you can mind control people."

⬦⬥⬦

Cami and Davina are in Rousseau's looking around for Tim. Davina has tears in her eyes after not finding him.

"Well, he couldn't have gone far, he just got off-stage a minute ago!"

Davina sighs and continues to blink back tears. Cami gives the girl a sympathetic look. The poor girl is heartbroken.

"It doesn't matter, this was stupid anyway."

Cami's tone turns to one a mother would use to cheer up a child. "No, it wasn't Davina—"

"Just forget it!" Davina cries and runs off leaving Cami behind.

Klaus approaches the lost bartender from behind and hands her a note.

"Tell her this is from one of the musicians. She'll want to leave, and you're going to slip her out the back exit so Marcel doesn't see. Whatever you do, don't let her out of your sight."

Cami looks annoyed. She turns around to look at the Original only to find empty space where he just was.

"Wait, Davina!" Cami yells as she runs to catch up.

⬦⬥⬦

Cami sits in one of the back pews of St. Annes looking at the bloodstained wall. She listens to Tim play his fiddle for Davina. Klaus and Peter join her sitting on either side of her.

Peter has not had the chance to be properly introduced to the young woman but tagged along to make sure Klaus doesn't do something overly Klaus like.

"The boy has a gift. You can't compel a person to play like that." Klaus complements the teenage boy.

"I know what you are. Which is crazy to me, but at least it makes sense." She says looking at Klaus.

Peter sighs not liking that he is playing with this poor woman's mind.

"But this... massacre... was just a pointless brutal thing." She says looking down at her shoes which are much more interesting at the moment. "In your life, have you ever heard of anything like that? A good man, an aspiring priest, just goes on a killing spree out of nowhere."

Klaus sighs. "I've seen quite a lot in my time. The world is a rather awful place. Best to meet it on its own terms."

Peter who has remained quiet up to this point speaks. "The world has a habit of taking good people and destroying them beyond repair." He looks at some of the scars on his own body.

He has seen it first hand with his mates. Char his sweet little angel went through so much as a newborn vampire that she lost her sparkle for a very long time. It took Jasper even longer to become himself after they escaped the hell of the Southern Vampire Wars. His poor mates alter ego was created to protect him from everything.

Cami shakes her head looking at the Original and Cold One. "No. The world isn't awful. People aren't awful. They want to be good; something makes them bad. Something breaks them down, makes them snap. There are always signs, symptoms before someone has a psychotic break. The guy who did this had none of them; he didn't drink, he didn't do drugs..."

Peter reads between the lines and connects the dots. She knew the man who did it.

"You're well-informed on the matter." he pauses watching her reaction. "You knew him, didn't you?"

Blinking back tears Cami answers, "His name was Sean. He was my brother. My twin, actually. I can't sleep, I... dream, about what happened, and I hate it, and I hate that I couldn't help him."

Klaus stares at the woman with sympathy. "We all must stand alone against out demons."

Cami looks the Original in the eyes. Her blue eyes filled with tears and pain. "What if someday, his demons become mine too?"

She waits for him to give her some sort of response but he's too focused on that fact that Tim has stopped playing for the teenage witch.

"I have some business I should attend to... but before I do—"

Klaus places his hand on her shoulder and looks in her eyes to compel her. "You should go, enjoy the music. Put this out of your mind."

Klaus lets her go and she leaves the church.

Klaus turns to Peter. "Go home and wait for Isa to return. Call your mates. I've got this."

Peter looks torn, he knows Klaus can handle himself but his gift is telling him to stay, that something bad is going to happen. He hesitates for a few beats but ultimately leaves.

Klaus once again turns his attention to the witch and her friend.

"You two are absolutely adorable! Warms my heart, it really does, but I do need a word with the young lady. So, Tim," Klaus grabs his shoulder and compels him. "Go sit down, count to one-hundred-thousand."

Tim walks to the back of the church. He sits down and starts counting.

"Quietly, now, there's a good boy." He turns to look at Davina. "I assume you know who I am."

Davina only glares at the unwelcome guest.

"Then, let's get right to it, shall we? Your current dilemma strikes me as a case of poor alliances. You're loyal to Marcel and yet he keeps you kept away in an attic. Surely you prefer just a little bit more freedom. And yet Marcel keeps you prisoner."

Davina's anger shows on her face and her eye alight. "Marcel doesn't keep me prisoner, he keeps me safe. He's my friend."

"Well, I've no doubt he is." He crouches down to Davina's level. "For a girl caught in a war between witches and vampires, I might be a better friend. I would keep you safe. And I'd allow you your freedom." He gets back up and paces up and down the aisle.

"If Marcel could do that, why hasn't he done so already? And it does beg the question: If Marcel can't protect you, then what of those you care about?" Klaus gestures to Tim who is still counting in the last pew.

"If anyone tries to hurt anyone I care about, I'll kill them," Davina vows harshly. She would too. She is stronger than any other witch.

"Well, then. Sounds like you don't need Marcel at all." He says with a knowing smirk on his face."Perhaps you've suspected it all along. Your dear friend Marcel tricks you into doing his bidding. And all the while you rot in an attic, alone, while young Timothy moves on with his life."

Davina stares intently at Klaus, burning with rage, she uses her magic on the Original."You feel that? That's your blood starting to boil."

Klaus groans and a hissing noise is heard as his blood temperature continues to rise. Sweat starts to drip from his forehead. He composes himself in a turn of events and vamp-runs to Tim and puts him in a headlock.

"Such a shame to lose him, just as you found him again." He growls and looks at Tim. "And I really did admire your skill with that violin."

"Don't you dare hurt him!" Davina screams.

Klaus eyes land on the brunette witches brown eyes. "Oh, I hope I won't have to, sweetheart. But, then, that depends on you." Klaus hybrid face comes out.

Davina glowers at the Hybrid and yells, "Let him go now!"

Klaus chuckles and rolls his neck. "You should know, I don't do well with demands."

Davina having enough thrusts her open hand out and twists it, using her magic to break the bones in his leg, which causes him to groan in pain. It takes only a few moments for him to reset the bones and heal.

"Impressive. But you don't want to fight me, love. Innocent people have a way of ending up dead."

Klaus tightens his hold on the human, who cries out in pain.

"Please, let me go," Tim whispers terrified.

"Your choice, little witch. Swear allegiance to me alone and the boy lives. Stand against me—"

The candles around Davina flare as she gets angrier. After a moment, she thrusts both her hand's palms open in front of her and shrieks. Her magic causes books and paper to be blown around in the wind. The windows in the church shatter causing the glass to fly backward. Klaus and Tim are thrown back towards the entrance of the church. Even Davina is thrown back from the force of the magic.

⬦⬥⬦

The men who raided the clinic are still looking for Isabel and Angela in the woods. The two girls are hiding behind a tree, as the men pass them, Isabel runs up to them and kicks the first man she encounters in the gut, knocking him to the ground.

Angela uses her on the second one to incapacitate the second man, giving Isabel the time to snap his neck.

A third man tries to attack her, but she grabs the knife from his hands and slits his throat as she spins in the air. Angela kills the last one with her angel blade.

Isabel crouches on the ground and her eyes flash gold as she looks for more threats. Angela moves closer to her charge and places a hand on her shoulder. A large, burly man descends upon them, but before either can react, his neck is snapped from behind.

Isabel smiles seeing Rebekah.

"Have to say, I'm impressed."

Getting up from her crouch, Isabel looks at Rebekah. "How did you find us?"

"Your text got me halfway, vamping here did the rest. Who are they?"

Angela looks at the blonde Original feeling much more relaxed now that they have backup. "Witches, warlocks, whatever."

Rebekah notices men with flashlights approaching.

"There're more of them. Run!"

Isabel and Angela heed her warning and start running in the opposite direction.

Rebekah mutters under her breath, "If I had a dollar for every mess my family has got me into—"

Her words stop as she is hit by two arrows, which make her fall to the ground temporarily neutralized. Isabel sees and stops running.

"Rebekah!"

An arrow comes flying towards the Pureblood and before she can react it lodges in her shoulder. It seems to be coated in something that causes her to pass out.

Angela runs over to her friend and charge. As she goes to pull the arrow out, she hears the howl of a wolf and turns to see more men coming.

She uses her magic to boil peoples blood and starts killing off the witches. She watches as a wolf does the same. The wolf motions it head toward Isabel. She goes over to her and pulls her behind some trees to keep her hidden while she takes care of the rest of the enemies.

Rebekah wakes up not seeing either of the girls and all the dead bodies of the warlocks.

"Isabel! Angela!" She yells.

⬦⬥⬦

Back at the church, Davina awakens from passing out from attacking Klaus with her magic. She stands up.

"Tim!"

She runs toward the back of the room, where Klaus and Tim were blown backward, and runs out the door. Above her, in the balcony, Klaus stands as he talks to Rebekah on his cell phone.

"What do you mean, 'she's missing?' He asks angrily.

"What do you think I mean? There's blood and bodies everywhere, someone's ripped this lot to shreds, and there is no smart-aleck pregnant Pureblood or her friend." Rebekah says with panic clear in her voice.

"Keeping looking. I'm on my way." He says hanging up and picking up Tim from the floor of the balcony.

"Please, don't hurt me." The boy pleads.

"It wasn't my intent to. But, sadly, we've run out of time to play nice."

Klaus grabs Tim and throws him off the balcony onto the floor below. He spots Tims violin on the floor and smiles as he throws it over as well before walking away.

Davina comes back inside and finds Tim severely injured, as he breathes shallowly.

"Tim!" She cries kneeling down beside him. "Oh no, no, no, please!" She lifts his head into her lap. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you!"

Tim gasps in pain and looks at her as she runs her fingers through his hair. Klaus enters the church and walks towards them.

"One of the tragic consequences of war. Innocent Bystanders. What terrible guilt you'll have to live with, young Timothy's blood on your hands." He says smugly.

Davina yells angry with tears streaming down her face, "Get away from him!"

Klaus moves closer with his hand up in surrender. "No, no, let's not be hasty. After all, I can heal him."

Davina looks at him with confusion, not sure what he means.

"All you have to do is ask."

Klaus crouches down to her level. Davina looks at Tim, and after a few moments of indecision, she nods her head.

"Please."

Klaus smiles. "For you, Davina, with pleasure."

Klaus bites into his wrist and feeds his blood to Tim. After a moment he pulls away and Tim sighs in relief. Klaus tilts his head and compels him.

"You will forget everything that happened after the concert, including the fact that you saw Davina."

Davina looks at Klaus shocked. "What? No!"

Klaus looks over to her and speaks. "If he remembers seeing you, he might come looking. If the witches learn of him, if they know you have a weakness, then poor Tim might end up as leverage in an awful scheme to control you. Again."

Klaus stands up and pulls Tim to his feet again. Then compels him.

"Okay, come on, up you come. Take your violin case with you. You'll remember losing the instrument backstage after the performance. You really should be more careful."

Klaus claps him on the neck, and Tim picks up his violin case and leaves with it.

"All fixed! And now, you owe me a favor."

Davina frowns and cries silently as she picks up Tims smashed violin off the floor. When she looks up again Klaus has vanished. She walks into the aisle and turns around when she hears Marcel approaching.

"Davina!" He says looking around. "What happened? What are you doing here?" He asks with concern.

Davina glares at the man she trusted most. "I live here, remember?"

She turns away and walks back toward her room. Marcel looks at her, confused, and sighs as she walks away.

⬦⬥⬦

Rebekah walks around the clinic looking for clues as to where the two friends could have gone. She sees the doctor passed out on the floor next to the used syringe. Suddenly Klaus appears.

"Wow! You abandoned your quest for power to help your family! Having an off day?"

Klaus sighs and looks around the clinic as well before calmly answering his sister, "Who took them, Rebekah?"

"I don't know."

Klaus looks at her confused. How could she not know? Then who killed all her attackers?
"What do you mean, you don't know? And who killed her attackers?"

"I don't know! I had an arrow in my heart. If it wasn't Isabel or Angela who killed them, then—"

She's cut off by a wolf howling in the distance. Klaus looks at her and raises an eyebrow.

"Lovely. Maybe her cousins will know where she is." Rebekah says walking outside.

Klaus follows her outside speechless. When the exit the building, they see Angela helping a limping and tattered Isabel. Both being exhausted. The pair run towards them.

"Isabel! What happened? Tell me what happened."

Isabel looks at her worried mate. "I don't remember."

Angela is to worries about supporting Isabel that she doesn't say anything.

Klaus examines his mate for wounds and finds none. "You've completely healed. There's not a scratch on you."

Isabel looks at him in confusion. He knows she's the Pureblood and heals very quickly.

"One of the perks of being the Pureblood, remember?"

Klaus frowns. "No, not that fast." He can still smell faint traces of the drug running through her system.

Rebekah runs over to Isabel and wraps her arm around her waist protectively. Angela sighs and relief and goes and sits down on the stairs of the clinic.

"Leave her alone!" Rebekah says while thinking about it. "It's the baby. The vampire blood, Klaus' vampire blood, in your system. It can heal any wound."

Klaus turns and looks at him incredulously. He leads his mate over to sit down beside Angela.

"Your own child helped heal you when you were too weak to do it yourself," Rebekah says with a smile.

Klaus smiles at the thought of his child helping to protect his mate.

"How did you escape? Outnumbered, unarmed? Those men were ripped to shreds."

Angela speaks up quietly, "It was a wolf. It was trying to protect Isa."

Klaus angrily points at Isa. "The witches were supposed to protect you! When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux—"

Rebekah cuts him off. "It wasn't Sophie—"

Isabel looks at Nik with a small frown on her face having a hard time staying awake. "It was Agnes," she whispers.

Klaus paces angrily. "Fine! Agnes, Sophie, it's all the same to me! I'll slaughter the whole lot of them!"

Rebekah groans. "Not if Elijah gets to them first."

Isabel perks up at this. "Elijah? Did you find him?" She asks with as much energy she could muster up.

Rebekah smiles slightly hearing the change of tone in Isabel's voice.

"He's been in touch, and he has a plan. All he asks is that we take care of you."

Isabel smiles. "Hey, so... can we go home now? I'd really like to sleep for a few days." She says while standing up.

Klaus nods with a smile. When Isabel goes to walk, her knees buckle and starts to fall. Klaus catches her and holder her bridal style. She buries her head in his neck and lets herself drift off.

"Oh, I've got you, love. I've got you." He says and kisses her forehead gently.

Rebekah, Angela, and Nik walk toward the car.

⬦⬥⬦

Cami stands looking at herself in her bedroom mirror, as she takes off her necklace. She sees Klaus standing in the doorway in the reflection, and turns to talk to him.

"Klaus! What are you doing here?"

Klaus frowns slightly. "I've had quite the night. I recall however you mentioned something about nightmares and insomnia. I believe I can help. Can I come in?"

Cami thinks a second before giving in. "This is super weird. Come in."

Klaus walks into the room.

Suddenly Cami's eyes widen. "Wait, that's right, I told you what happened. I never tell anybody, but I told you." Tears fill her eyes. "And you said something about Sean standing alone against his demons. When he killed those men, I thought he must be mentally ill, but," She gasps coming to a realization. "What it was demons? What if a vampire compelled him."

Klaus sighs having the same idea about what happened.

"And if so, would you devote yourself to finding the guilty party?" Tears fall down his cheeks as he thinks about his own life. "Would you sacrifice everything to find the truth?" He asks while walking closer to her. "To what end?"

She backs away. "To what end? This is the entire reason I'm in New Orleans!"

Klaus sighs knowing that if she continues down this path she is going to end up dead or worse.

"Cami, whatever lies on the other end of this mystery will only offer you pain! Nothing will bring your brother back!" He says while walking towards her. "Your only hope for peace... is to forget this..."

Cami realizes what he's about to do and tries to back up further. "No."

"And move on." He finishes.

"No don't compel me to forget this!" Cami yells.

Klaus frowns. "And if I allow you to remember, the knowledge will eat away at you." Cami tears up again. "Your quest for truth will only put you in danger."

"You don't care about me," Cami says angrily, more so as herself than Klaus. He shakes his head. "You only want me to forget this so I can focus on Marcel! So I'll be a good little spy, for you!"

Klaus paces slightly. "I need your loyalty, yes, and though it may appear selfish to you, the scope of my plan goes far beyond myself! Power aside, I am trying to honor my brother!" He yells.

Cami bites her lip. "What about my brother? My twin brother. We were bonded our whole lives, and I know, I KNOW, he didn't just snap. And I need to know who did this, and I need to make this right!" Klaus walks closer to her.

"NO! DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!"

Klaus grabs Cami and compels her. "You will do nothing. Your brother was ill. He killed those people and himself, and it was a tragedy. All you can do is move on."

He lets her go, and tears fall from her eyes as she sits down on the couch. Klaus takes her hand and continues to compel her.

"Know that your brother is at peace, and you needn't worry. I will find out what happened, and when I do, I will make sure whoever harmed your brother will suffer. And as for you... tonight, you will sleep, and you will dream of a world that is far better than this one... a world where there is no evil, no demons, and all people desire is good."

⬦⬥⬦

Davina stands in the attic touching Tim's violin. She sadly turns toward her windchimes and uses her magic to telekinetically make them play the song Tim played for her. She is startled when she hears a floorboard creak and turns around to see nothing. She moves towards Elijah's coffin when she hears a voice. She turns around and sees him grey from not feeding.

"It's alright Davina. I don't mean you any harm, though I do think it's time we had a talk."
They both smile.  

⚜️☽⚜️

♕ I'm so sorry for the late update. I promise I didn't mean for it to take this long to write, but I seriously lost all will to write at all if it wasn't for one of my classes. 

♕Next chapter: Davina and Elijah talk, Isabel recovers only to be thrown back into the fight. 

♕ Elijah is back! I have so many plans for him *Evil Laugh* We will finally get a reunion of mates, and Elijah makes up for lost time. 

ALSO, PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR UPDATES!

It takes me a while to write and type up each chapter and then find gifs

I will update as soon as I finish a new chapter.

⚜️☽⚜️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1.5K 61
-Book 2- A Niklaus and Elijah Mikaelson love interest book. ....................................................................... Phoebe is back i...
288K 3.7K 38
When a certain original comes to Mystic Falls and finds out that he has a daughter from before his family and him were turned what will he do? She is...
52.9K 1.3K 95
Rewritten version of Danielle's story. Book Order: Starry Darkness [1] Smitten Storm [2] Shimmering Daylight [3] **** Having left Mystic Falls for...
54.8K 1.2K 34
โ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐š ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž, ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž.. โž the original family.. the first vampires, the legends that are told to...