Chapter Eight: The River in Reverse

⚜️☽⚜️

I sleep all day, I prowl at nightDo anything to feel aliveI'm in the end, just what you made meI look the sameBut I'm not fineThe master of my own disguiseIf you knew the truth, you'd probably hate meI need a fightI've got you, in my sightsOnly on...

Do anything to feel alive
I'm in the end, just what you made me
I look the same
But I'm not fine
The master of my own disguise
If you knew the truth, you'd probably hate me
I need a fight
I've got you, in my sights
Only one of us will make it out alive
I'm turning into a monster
You better run and hide
Turning into a monster, right before your eyes
My tongue is a weapon and I'm locked and loaded
When you least expect it you won't know it's coming
And I'll strike
'Cause I'm a monster

|

Beth Crowley

⬦⬥⬦

My brothers and I are the first vampires in history, the Originals. 300 years ago, we called New Orleans home. I was happy there. For a time. Now we've returned, only to find a miracle. And with it, a new responsibility. But our family has many enemies. These threats should have united us, instead, Klaus has driven us apart. At least that's what Marcel needs to think. My brother expects loyalty as he has for a thousand years. But now perhaps it's time to make a different choice. Isabel has made me her spy and I intend to make her proud.

|3RD PERSON|

"I should have never come back here. This is the town where I fell in love --- and where love failed us. I assume you know who I'm talking about?" Rebekah asks, sitting in the confessional box at St. Anns Church.

Father Kieran sighs. "You should know, Marcel and I aren't on the best terms right now."

Rebekah glances over at where Father Kieran is. "But you are an active priest, are you not? Ready and able to hear my confession."

Kieran chuckles. "Usually the word 'willing' falls in that sentence. Are you even Catholic?"

"I've been on this Earth for a thousand years. I can't say for certain that I believe in anything like a god, but I need absolution. From someone. Anyone. So will you hear my confession or not."

Father Kieran nods.

"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. I am a liar, a betrayer. I have conspired against my own blood and I doubt even your God could save me."

|3RD PERSON: 24 Hours Earlier|

Klaus, Rebekah, and Isabel sit at the dining room table eating breakfast with each other. Isabel sits closest to Klaus with Rebekah sitting across from them. Unbeknownst to Klaus, Isabel and Rebekah are communicating without talking. Since accepting the job to spy on Marcel, Rebekah has been doing her best to keep her brother from knowing.