Chapter Five: Sinner and Saints

⚜️☽⚜️

Darling, only you can ease my mind

Help me leave these lonely thoughts behind

When they pull me under, and I can feel my sanity start to unwind

Darling, only you can ease my mind

|

Ben Platt

⬦⬥⬦

My siblings and I are the first vampires in history, the Originals. Three hundred years ago, we helped to build the city of New Orleans. We were happy here, a family. Recently a coven of witches lured my brother back, using his unborn child as leverage. I tried to help him, but he betrayed me to his enemy, the vampire, Marcel. Since then, I've been held prisoner by a powerful witch. My brother seeks to manipulate others to procure my release. But, I have my own plan. If this witch proves to be an enemy, I will stop her. By whatever means necessary. I have a reason, no messes with my family; my mate.

|3RD PERSON|

    Elijah stands in the attic of which Davina is living. He focuses on the young witches pulsing carotid artery. His skin grey and semi-veiny from not feeding while he was daggered and in a box.

"You're the one they call honorable," the young witch says watching the Original with caution, knowing he could snap at any moment.

Elijah gives the girl a reassuring smile. He doesn't feed on children, it's one of his key values.

"Yes, that's what they call me." He says allowing for a pregnant pause. "And yet, I followed my brother here to New Orleans to engage in war. So, I ask you: does that sound honorable to you?"

Davina looks closely at Elijah. Seeming to notice his unnatural color for the first time. "You don't look well."

Elijah smiles with mirth. His gaze falling on the coffin on the other side of the room.

"Well, only this morning I had a mystical dagger embedded in my chest, so I'd say I'm holding myself together quite well," Elijah says while giving a pointed look to the teenage witch.

"Davina, I believe that you and I have the power to end a war between witches and vampires before it truly begins. I, by keeping my brother in line; you, by behaving like your true self—not some tool for Marcel or the witches."

Davina scrutinizes Elijah and paces the length of the attic. Elijah watches her with curiosity; what could possibly plaguing her mind?