Chapter Four: Girl in New Orleans

⚜️☽⚜️

There is a reason I'm still standing 

I never knew If I would be landing 

And I will run fast, outlast 

Everyone that said no

|

Karmina

⬦⬥⬦

I wake in Nik's room. The sun shines in through the curtains illuminating Nik's face who sleeps soundly next to me. I run my hand through my messy raven hair sitting up.

It's nice to for once bask in the peacefulness of the morning without having to worry about what will be going on later in the day. With the war between the vampires and witches continuing to grow, I take my moments of peace with Nik as often as I can.

Nik mumbles something I can't quite make out. His face twitches and a smile makes its way onto to his face.

"You're my littlest wolf. I'll always protect you... " Nik says.

I have to look over to him to make sure he's still asleep and when I notice he is, I smile. Of all the things he could be dreaming of, he's dreaming about our little girl.

Nik suddenly sits up looking at me. His blues eyes take in my features.

"Good morning, Elskling. Did you sleep well."

I move to sit beside him pulling the covers up to my bare shoulders.

"Better than I have in a while. You slept very well. Did you know you talk in your sleep?"

He gives me a confused look; his eyes widening in surprise. His ears turn a bright red; flustered, and I giggle.

"What did I say?"

"You said you would always protect our littlest wolf. I'm glad you're warming up to the idea of being a parent."

Nik smiles one of his real smiles not one of his smirks. He pulls me closer to him and rests his hands on my still flat stomach. I lean into him as he kisses the crown of my head. I let go of the sheet and rest my hands on his arms.

I feel my fangs lengthen slightly and groan at the discomfort.

"Love, how long has it been since you last fed from me or Elijah?" He asks full of concern.