Daughter of a Dixon βœ”οΈ

By taytayrae03

When the dead rise to feast on the living, it becomes nearly impossible to keep yourself, and your family, sa... More

01: The Beginning
02: Rick Grimes' Arrival
03: Dixon's Don't Hug
04: The Signs
05: The CDC
06: TS-19
07: A Night in the Woods
08: Hobbling Along
09: A Familiar Noise
10: Safe & Sound
11: Extremely Bored
12: You're Not Alone
13: Shane's Outburst
14: Not the First Time
15: The Barn
16: Missing
17: Do What You Have To
18: The World's Different Now
19: Execution
20: Woodland Suspicions
21: Fight for the Farm
22: The Ricktatorship
23: The Prison
24: Clearing with Carl
25: Blushing & Blaring Sirens
26: Life & Death
27: New Face
28: Hot-Headed Dixons
29: Deserted
30: The Governor's Attack
31: Words Unspoken
32: Grimes' Versus Dixons
33: A Teacher & His Students
34: Going To War
35: Last Goodbye
36: For Him
37: Not Feeling Well
38: Swine Flu
39: Infected
40: Quarantine
41: State of Sorrow
42: Surviving
43: Night Sky
44: Kidnappers
45: Thank You
46: Saving a Preacher
47: The Cool-Southern Dad
48: The Tipping Van
50: The Trade-Off
51: She Told Me to Tell You
52: Starving, Thirsty, and Tired
53: Thunderstorm
54: Aaron's Community
55: Journey to Alexandria
56: An Old "Friend"
57: Gonna Be a Nurse
58: Welcoming Party
59: We Gotta Deal
60: Date Disaster
61: Big, Bad Pete
62: You Shouldn't Be Here
63: The Meeting
64: Strict Bed Rest
65: Five-Thirty AM
66: Rosita's Jackpot
67: All the Time, Forever
68: Hard-Headed as Anythin'
69: Adventures with Rick & Dad
70: The Guy Calls Himself Jesus
71: The Sinking Van
72: I Love You
73: The Saviors
74: Wake Up
75: Attacked by Dwight
76: Get Outta My Way
77: We Win
78: Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe
79: The Breaking of Rick Grimes
80: No Sanctuary
81: The Story
82: A Million Minutes
83: Excalibur
84: Sidney Dixon
85: A Million Times Worse
86: Way with Words
87: Shut Up
88: Everything
89: Okay
90: I'm So Sorry
91: Family
92: Oceanside
93: That's My Girl
94: Traitor Trash
95: No Man's Land
96: The Only Way
97: Doctor Dixon
98: Arrogant, Independent Women
99: Not The Plan
100: Legacy
101: How You Honor Me
102: Embrace The Suck
103: Justice
104: Two Steps Back
105: How it Has to Be
106: Tomorrow
107: The New World
108: Epilogue

49: Grady Memorial Hospital

2.6K 91 18
By taytayrae03

The impact of the crash must've immediately rendered me unconscious, because the next thing I knew, my eyes were closed and I was lying on a very soft material.

I felt pain radiating all throughout my body, and let out a soft groan as I fluttered open my eyes. I squinted through blurry vision, and attempted to make out where I was.

It didn't take me long to figure out that I was in a patient's hospital room. I looked out into the hallway, and saw a medicine cart, with the words Grady Memorial Hospital engraved on the side. A small smile made its way onto my face, and I almost laughed to myself.

"Dad? You here?" I called out weakly, looking around the room and peering out into the hallway.

"He's not. But, I am."

I knew the voice, and immediately recognized the beach-blond hair and baby blue eyes that rounded the corner into my room. Beth was standing at the foot of my bed, a child-like grin on her face.

The same smile spread across my face as she came over to my bedside and took me in a warm embrace, holding me tight to her. I grinned, and held her back, relieved beyond belief that she was there, alive and okay.

When she released me, she came and sat beside me on the hospital bed, but before she could even fully sit down, I asked her the question plaguing my mind.

"What happened to me?"

She then went on to explain how I'd ended up at the hospital. After the van crashed, I was in bad shape; unconscious, bleeding from glass embedded in my skin. My dad had known that the only way I'd have a chance was at the hospital, so he took me there in hopes that they'd help. On the way, he ran into an attending of the hospital named Noah. He had worked with Beth, and she had helped him escape so he could return to Virginia, his home. But, upon seeing me and my condition, he agreed to help Dad get me into the hospital.

They were able to sneak in the back entrance, and thankfully, Beth was there, grabbing extra supplies from the medicine room. She took me from Dad's arms, and he had told her these specific words. "Take care of her for me. All of us'll be back in a day or two, we're gonna get ya outta here, hon. I promise ya."

After she told me the story, I asked her how long ago that was, to which she responded a day and a half. They should be there soon, I realized, and got excited.

"We're gettin' outta here," I had said to Beth, nodding. "You're gonna get to be with Maggie."

She nodded and smiled at me, but I could tell something was off about it. It wasn't her normal, joyous smile; it looked like it had pain hidden behind it.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, becoming concerned.

Her fake smile faded away, and then she began to tell me another story; her story.

She told me about what the hospital was, how it was corrupted. She told me about the head police officer, Dawn, and the doctor, how he made her kill a sickly man by giving him the wrong medicine and then blaming her for it. In reality, the doctor just wanted to kill the man to save medicine, but to Beth and I, it was still a cruel action.

After she told me everything, I was more anxious than ever to get her out of that place.

"We'll get outta here, Beth, you and I both. When my dad makes a promise, he always keeps it," I told her in reassurance, nodding my head.

Then, she smiled her true smile, and nodded adamantly. "Yeah... he's a good guy. He doesn't know it, but he is. He's gonna be one of the last people standin', and you are, too."

"Only if you're right beside me," I said, grinning at her.

She smiled innocently, and nodded. Then, she inhaled a slow breath, and the smile, once again, faded away. "When we first got out, he was like a robot. He didn't feel anythin', didn't do anythin', just... existed. We got into a fight, after awhile. He was yellin', I was yellin', and then it turned into cryin'... he gets sad, too. He's sad when he thinks people can't see him, especially you. Back at the prison, after you lost your uncle, he'd look sad whenever you couldn't see him. Then, when you could see him, he'd put on a mask, block you from seein' what he was feelin'."

I stayed quiet for a moment after her testimony, and just took a deep breath. "Yeah, he's... he's always been like that. Not one to show much emotion, especially to other people."

Beth nodded. "He feels it, just.. doesn't show it. It's not healthy, holdin' it back like that."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I know... I just wish he'd realize that it's okay to show emotion, get upset. All that stuff."

"Just... let him know it's okay. Tell him I said that. Tell him I said that it's okay to be sad, to be hurt, to cry. That I want him to, I don't want him to hold it all in. Because, emotions are a part of life; if you care for someone in your life, hurt is part of the package."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, cocking my head to the side. "You'll get to tell him yourself soon enough, Beth. They're gonna come get us."

A look of realization crossed her, and she shook her head, as if dismissing what she'd previously said. "Oh, oh yeah. You're right, sorry.... I'm just... anxious for them to get here."

I nodded, still slightly curious as to what she'd meant, and said, "yeah, I am, too."

A moment of silence passed between us before she stood up, and smiled softly at me. "I have to go do my rounds, but I'll be back after while."

I nodded at her, smiling as she turned and began to walk out. But, before she could walk much further, she turned back around, and placed a hand on my head. She pulled my head forward and placed a careful kiss on my forehead, causing me to smile once again.

Then, she turned and actually left the room, her footsteps departing down the quiet hallway.

I let out a content sigh, reaching over to the nightstand beside the bed and grabbing an old magazine. Although, before I could even open it, Beth poked her head through the doorway once again, grinning like a child on Christmas morning.

"They're here!" she exclaimed, and my grin mirrored hers in an instant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.5K 2.8K 73
"Nothin' lasts forever And we both know hearts can change And it's hard to hold a candle In the cold November rain" Alone. Family had always been Liz...
197K 4K 38
Pregnant and alone in the unfamiliar community of Alexandria, all Angel Dixon has is her blossoming relationship with Carl Grimes. He's the only thin...
113K 3.5K 36
"Save me, I can't face this life alone." They didn't like relying on others because they always ended up losing, but now they needed people to surviv...
30.5K 1K 31
Nell has lost everyone she ever loved. She witnessed her little brother getting tore to shreds right in front of her eyes. And to make things worse...