The Defectors

By Imcrazyyouknow

We come into the world where freedom isn't something we can have. We can't afford it unless we gone through t... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter 35

46 7 8
By Imcrazyyouknow

Chapter 35

Plan

The scouts are all around the arena to make sure everyone is secured and safe. All of us didn't expect such kind of event when of course, we won't even know what High Council can do to us, technically we're still in the field but not just like everyone who was running, escaping to the deaths of the harmful environment outside. And I must, I am lucky that I get to have a shelter and got an important role in this movement. But what my role doesn't reflect on what I believe in.

"I hope I'll get the justice after this," Cha mumbled beside me.

I looked at her, I stretch my arms and placed it on her shoulder, "don't you worry Cha, whatever you do right now are for her, right? Just help yourself and be alive until the end. So in the end, you'll go back to this time and you'll say you did it."

She sighed, somehow a little smile showed on her lips. "I admire you, Dylan. Not what you think it is, but on what you believe in."

I chuckle, "oh, thank you for that." I smirked, "anyway, I just wished Al would be here too."

"I know right," she said. "I hope he's doing well."

"Al's a great tech developer, if he can create some innovative technology then I wouldn't doubt we'll see him on the other side." I said, "but whatever he is right now, I hope the High Council cut his dreams."

Cha patted my shoulder, "he'll be okay, you'll see." And when she smiles, it is like she's confident that Al is in good hands. Well, I wouldn't think he's in bad troops but also in good hands.

When Barry started to gather everybody, all their attention and focus were on him. Their eyes and ears are on him. He was followed by A and J whose so-called sketch the plans for the movement. And also the man who just saves Cha was in the front when I asked her what his name she also didn't know. He never tells anyone his name even Barry.

"My lovely people," Barry started. "I just want to know if everyone is okay now and doesn't feel any injuries as we already give our first aid but if someone still needed our assistance, our medical group is on standby and ready to help you."

"Does he always do this?" I asked Cha.

"Like what?" she creased her forehead.

"Ahm, the speech?" I shrugged off my shoulder.

She slowly nodded her head, "most of the times, yes."

"Well, he established the group and so he dictates it."

"And now I think everyone is on their feet now and ready to listen to what the purpose of our movement." Barry strongly said and everyone doesn't want to miss any words he would spill out. "I would just like to inform everybody that because an event occurs had happened, we needed to move forward and to fight the High Council. But no, as we lay down our plans, we will take some steps, little by little and by that, we will reach the High Council ... and so here's A and J."

They clapped as A and J stand on the center. I just don't like the presence of these two people or they just intimidated me by the way Barry called them.

"Everyone, listen." A started, "As we will reach the point where all our wishes to take down the High Council are coming, this should all inspire everyone to strive for the best. Here is J to propose our plan for the movement attack."

Attack? I thought in my head.

Does this mean, all will come in surprise?

"Good evening everybody, the abortion was supposed to eliminate us—participants of rebirth but we come as one and by the means of that, we stood stronger together. Just like what have done today, we may suffer from minor injuries but we would never stop because we felt pain, but only to make move forward as we are dealing with the anomalies of High Council. As I tell you all the plan, you should prepare yourself for the history we are gonna make."

"Yes... this is to end the rebirth and all will be grateful for what mind we had." A smirked, full of herself.

"The first part of the plan was the sacrifices."

My thoughts stop for a minute when he spoke about it. Some started gossips about what he said.

"Sacrifices doesn't mean bring to their death." J explained, "these people would create trouble, grab and caught the attention of every member of the High Council. And as our hypotheses come, they will act and stop this abomination. And then our army will come to help those who we send and they will kill them, get their vehicle and their suits. As soon as our inside army is going back into the facility of High Council, they are now called the mole as they come to infiltrate the inside. In that way, we could enter them without difficulties from the outside. And then the whole movement will act, kill all High Council and we win."

What the hell? I thought in my head after hearing their 'smart' plan.

"Is that all?" I muttered, Cha heard me.

"I think it is," Cha said she looked at me. "Maybe what the plan they had may lead us to achieve our goal."

I didn't respond to her. It is like my heads gonna explode to what they propose. Did they plan that all along? I never expected to hear those from them. To what they called intelligent sketch plan doesn't exceed what I'm waiting to hear. I may be new to their group but I think they got it wrong. They really got it wrong.

"This will occur once everybody is ready," J stated. "Good night and be blessed."

"That's crap," I muttered, "does anyone thinks that that plan would be accomplished as they only give surface details and didn't elaborate. I don't think they care..."

Cha elbowed me, "lower than your voice... they might hear you." She whispered.

I grunted, "that's not what I'm expecting to hear. How could Barry approved their plan all along?"

"Can't you just trust them, Dylan? At least they are doing something, not giving some rants out of nowhere."

I scoffed, "I can't believe it, Cha." I said shaking my head. I turn my back on her and walk away. She called me a few times but I didn't look back on her. I was surprised how she would shut me up of my opinions. I know I shouldn't be saying all those things but where is our freedom to that? Is there something wrong with expressing our thoughts? Does it always intend to stay in our heads and we'll be the only one who's gonna bear those painful thoughts?

I sat at the corner and took a deep breath. I could still hear everyone's applause to A and J.

"Dylan," I look up when someone called my name. It's Brighid. She walks towards me. I looked away, so she couldn't see how disappointed I was. "What are you doing here? Where's your friend?"

I just shook my head on her, and so she sits beside me. She put her arms on my shoulder and I just let her do it.

"What's going in that head, Dylan?" she said as she pokes my head.

I shove her hands away and kept from doing that, "I'm not in the mood."

She raised her brow, "why? Would you mind telling me?"

"Nope." I directly said it. "You won't get it anyway."

"Oh," she chuckles. "Try me, Dy. Try me."

"Really?" I said, she nodded. "You made me do this, and this is just my opinion."

"Go on, I'm listening."

"The whole plan is crap."

Her forehead creased, "why would you say that?"

"Cause I think it was. The High Council were smart. They could even plot those things out. Who would even think of sending some people on the field to be a goddamn sacrifice? It is not what you call a strategy. They only make things worse."

"They still doing their best."

"But I don't think we'll win against them."

"Ahm, Dylan... they are all looking at us." Brighid said. And when I look around, all of them are staring at us. I just looked away and shake my head. She patted my shoulder, "I understand your sentiments Dylan but we this is all we can do right now. We follow, we strive and we win. That's what the movement for."

I took a deep sighed. I just couldn't agree with everyone. They might not agree to me but if they push it through, there could be a possible instance that we're all gonna end up dead. And it's not a joke, but the cruel reality serves by the High Council.

"What's happening here?" Barry came into our place.

I shook my head once he comes at our direction, "nothing..." I said and stood up from sitting, "I'm just gonna roam around see if there's still someone out there who needs help." I said and walk away from the arena.

As I step out, I let out a sigh of disappointment and I couldn't just let this person step into something they aren't aware of. The danger they are stepping into. They might have been training, preparing for the fight. But what if the cost of it were their lives—and the goal they wanted was to live with prosper. It is ironic how they wanna live and also wanna sacrifice their life for the sake of this battle.

The destruction might be impossible and I don't know if this movement will ever take over the years of rebirth.

As I'm walking alone, the tracker on my neck starts to trigger and its starting to send messages. I decoded it while experiencing the pain. I kneeled down on the ground, I tried not to feel in pain, I resist it.

Don't mess it up.

Is the message I got.

I fall on the ground, losing my consciousness but before all went black... a vision of a man walking towards comes in sight, he kneeled down and call my name.

"Dylan..."

That voice. I never forget it.

Brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9 0 1
Fight for your life. Fight for your freedom.
79 13 9
Imagine knowing how your friends are going to die, but you can't do anything about it or you'll die.
98 0 33
This is an in depth look into my life.
13 0 8
In which all five boys are drowning and don't know how to save each other- but they all know deep down they were drowning together. Grief has followe...