Joe 90: The Movie

By CaptainThunderWho

Joe McClaine was a small nine-year-old boy. Once his father invented a machine called the BIG RAT, it enabled... More

Scene 2 - School life
Scene 3 - WIN'S HQ brief
Scene 4 - RAF Northolt
Scene 5 - Preparing for launch
Scene 6 - The first attack
Scene 7 - Survival
Scene 8 - Arriving back at WIN
Scene 9 - Samuel Gomez
Scene 10 - Welcome to Healy Submarine
Scene 11 - Mini-sub dispatch
Scene 12 - The second base
Scene 13 - Gomez's return
Scene 14 - Watchtower
Scene 15 - Attack!
Scene 16 - Shane's talk
Scene 17 - Gomez's second return
Scene 18 - A Secret Trip to North Devon
Scene 19 - Blast off
Scene 20 - Communications have been restored
Scene 21 - A mysterious ticking
Scene 22 - Touchdown
Scene 23 - A final, epic chase
Scene 24 - Journey to the cottage
Scene 25 - Caught red handed
Scene 26 - Lowndown in the BIG RAT control room
Scene 27 - Flight to the North Pole
Scene 28 - The jumps
Scene 29 - Samuel Todd's interrogation
Scene 30 - Fight at storage hunt 42
Scene 31 - Borrowing an interceptor plane
Scene 32 - Final showdown
Scene 33 - Back in business
Scene 34 - A new assignment for Joe 90

Scene 1 - A brief origin

465 1 808
By CaptainThunderWho

We face over at a cottage house, some old antique from the early twentieth century at the latest – the home of Joe 90 and his family. Next to the cottage is a much smaller shed, big enough to contain a vehicle. The design of the cottage has hardly altered from the original series' design. A caption flies over so we know when and where this cottage is, "Culver Cottage, Dorset, South England, Tuesday 10th April 2012". We then zoom into the house somewhere, in fact, it is underground for a reconstruction of the first scene of the first episode of the original series, so it is understandable for new viewers. 

An orange coloured box opens to the right revealing a complex variety of sophisticated pumps and tapes and boxes as the sound reminds us of the brain, this is because it is the BIG RAT computer, open and ready for its process. On the other side of the room, a turquoise-like sofa is sat on by the smartly-dressed Sam Loover intrigued by the computer systems who listens closely to his friend and genius Professor McClaine who gives Sam the introduction to the underground basement.

Mac:

There she is Sam, the BIG RAT.

Sam:

The BIG RAT?

Mac:

The Brain Impulse Galvanoscope, Record And Transfer.

Sam:

With due respect Mac I find it hard to believe that it has the capability you describe.

Mac:

It has Sam, you'll see. Ah Joe, good, now we can begin.

We hear the closing of the lift door as Joe enters looking excited and confident of his next move and waits by the door for the go-ahead of his father.

Joe:

Is this it dad?

Mac:

This is it. You know what to do.

Joe begins to make his way to the centre of the room as his father briefs Sam.

Mac:

Now, Sam, I have recorded my brain pattern on that reel of tape, so electronically it now stores my knowledge and my experience. In a moment, I am about to transfer that knowledge and experience to little Joe.

The nine-year-old is sat and prepared in a comfortable seat that is raised in mid-air like a ride at the theme park into the Rat Trap, the spherical cage which spins rapidly as the knowledge is transferred. Attached to him from the chair to his temples are two thin sets of wire, similar to the television series again. As Mac stands by into the BIG RAT control room, Joe gives the final clearance holding a radio in his hand and mans the controls.

Joe:

Ok dad, I'm ready.

Mac:

Relax Joe, don't answer me, just relax, relax completely.

After Mac activates a control lever in front of him, the two panels of the Rat Trap come in proportion with the rest of the sphere making the length from each panel to panel equal distance, locking Joe inside as the vast collection of built-in lights behind the sphere light up like Christmas tree lights, each one randomly flicking on and on with a strange sound being projected as a result. The BIG RAT computer itself slides forward slightly as its systems begin to operate with the tape starting to transfer the knowledge in the complex design of the BIG RAT. 

Finally, the lock of the spherical mechanism containing Joe inside is released, making the Rat Trap spin delicately before picking up rapid speed. Within seconds, the cage spins incredibly wild as brain pattern sounds are released from the machinery as the process of the work being transferred is electromagnetically transferred to a calm Joe. After a magnificent shot of the BIG RAT computer, we zoom into Joe in the spinning Rat Trap as the music titles begin with the Joe 90 logo springing from the spinning object as we get another reconstruction of the opening titles with identical shots.

The first slide encompasses the first four main stars, the second with the next four main stars, the third being based of the original 60s British television series created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, whilst the fourth is for the special effects director.

As the spinning finishes, the doors to the Rat Trap open back up for Joe to disembark on the ground level as the BIG RAT computer slides back now that the transfer is complete. Joe waits patiently for further instructions from his father, still holding his radio, and Sam who viewed the entire, incredible process.

Mac:

Alright. Now, what is the storage access time of the French C3400 Computer?

Joe:

The answer is five Nano seconds.

Sam waits in excitement when an even more excited Mac delights that the process has worked.

Sam:

Is that the correct answer Mac?

Mac:

That is the correct answer!

With Joe still sat in the Rat Trap, he begins to feel smug of the accomplishment. The picture zooms out, then back in to reveal a new shot and new scene like the original. After approximately an hour, Sam stands tall to endlessly ask Joe random but military-related questions who is sat in the Rat Trap chair on ground level, whilst his father proud of his achievement sits back on the sofa.

Sam:

Mac it's been a long interrogation but, I just want to ask Joe one more question.

Mac:

Ok Sam. But then I think we will call it a day.

Sam:

Right Mac, now Joe we have talking over an hour about the C3400 Computer, my last question, how many transistors are used in it.

Joe:

That's easy, none. Pulse light beams and integrated circuits make them unnecessary.

Sam:

(In great excitement) Oh Mac it's incredible, just incredible!

Mac:

Well Sam, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a - a dream come true.

Sam:

How long will Joe retain all this knowledge?

Mac:

As soon as we remove the electrodes, he'll be back to normal.

Joe feels once again, smug about himself about completing this experiment. The basement dims as the lights have been switched off in the room, even the incredible BIG RAT stands rather murky in the lifeless room, leaving through the lift at the front of the basement are Mac, Joe and Sam who all stand in the lift together as it shuts behind them before making a conversation in the lift.

Joe:

It all seems like a dream dad; how did I do?

Sam:

You did just great Joe.

Mac:

Well Sam, what do I ask complex computers? Tell me, how much is this invention worth?

The lift reaches the ground floor and opens wide up for the three to exit to the cottage, but only reveals a basic white and orange panelled wall with the cottage door placed in the centre of the wall. The cottage itself is in precise detail to the cottage of the original series; the photos, sofas, bookshelf, lamppost, stairs escalating upstairs, old-fashioned phone, etc. The three have now returned to the cottage's lounge with Sam surprised at Mac and the BIG RAT compared to the rest of the house.

Sam:

You know Mac every time I emerge from that laboratory of yours I'm surprised to find myself in an old English cottage.

Mac:

That's the way we like it Sam, a combination of the old and the new.

Sam:

You were asking how much this new invention was worth. Look do me a favour will you, before you mention this to another living soul just give me twelve hours.

Mac:

How do you mean Sam?

Sam:

I've got an idea how this could be used to produce a greater benefit than I'm sure than you have ever visualized.

He carefully synchronizes his watch and looks back up to Mac.

Sam:

Twelve hours Mac. Is it a deal?

There is a long pause between the two gentlemen as Mac carefully thinks over the agreement.

Mac:

It's a deal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450 10 41
It was 1970. Danger from the unknown, menace from outer space. Unidentified Flying Objects have been established and are now a threat to the safety o...
398 3 17
No man ever comes back from Skullva. A doomed man's planet. A grotesque, nightmarish planet. Any fool knows not to set foot there. If only they told...
896 67 26
From an idea by the elusive "Hiram K Hackenbacker", a revolutionary new orbital motorway has been constructed around the United Kingdom that will hel...
1.8K 1 41
The Secret Service was a 1960s British children's TV series created by Gerry Anderson and the team of Century 21 studios in Slough, from the makers o...