Z APOCALYPSE

By exotic_derp

At the year 2020, the world had been infiltrated with a deadly virus that turned people into flesh-eating mon... More

P r o l o g u e
CHAPTER 1: Beginning
CHAPTER 2: Encounter
CHAPTER 3: Baekhyun
CHAPTER 4: Sanctuary
CHAPTER 5: Instinct
CHAPTER 6: Hunt
CHAPTER 7: Trust
CHAPTER 8: Choice
CHAPTER 9: Interests
CHAPTER 10: Frustrations
CHAPTER 11: Outsider
CHAPTER 12: Destruction
CHAPTER 13: Separated
CHAPTER 14: Stranger
CHAPTER 15: Anger
CHAPTER 16: Prison
CHAPTER 18: Fault
CHAPTER 19: Warmth
CHAPTER 20: Trap
CHAPTER 21: Rage
CHAPTER 22: Red
CHAPTER 23: Blood Bath
CHAPTER 24: Shatter
CHAPTER 25: Monster
CHAPTER 26: Marble White
CHAPTER 27: Hurt
CHAPTER 28: Things
CHAPTER 29: Silence
CHAPTER 30: Touch
CHAPTER 31: Unpredictable
CHAPTER 32: Promise
CHAPTER 33: There
CHAPTER 34: Circles
CHAPTER 35: Apocalyse
CHAPTER 36: Something Bigger
CHAPTER 37: Them
CHAPTER 38: Down Below [M]

CHAPTER 17: Weakness

2.4K 220 129
By exotic_derp

☣️☣️☣️

Baekhyun pushed up abruptly from the ground. His eyes were wide in disbelief. He stood up while Chanyeol was still on the dirt looking at him in shock as well.

Baekhyun turned his eyes around if there's someone who saw the incident but it seemed like everybody are busy taking down the zombies. He puffed a breath, frustration nerving his brain as he glared at Chanyeol.

"Nothing happened. Understood? One word about this and you're dead." He growled, pointing his katana on Chanyeol's crotch.

He didn't wait for Chanyeol to respond as he marched towards the corrosion.

"A HOARD OF ZOMBIES COMING IN OUR DIRECTION!" One of the males shrieked, kids ran in fear, and hid inside the van under Chen's hands.

Chanyeol regained his composure and stood up in attention.

"Everybody protect each other! Get inside the yard!" Chanyeol shouted as he loaded his gun with bullets and a firm grip on his combat knife. All he could see was the hoards of zombies, about twenty of them, coming from the forest piling towards them. They might have heard the gunshots from the encounter.

He charged and sunk the knife on the head of a zombie who tried to attack him first.

"I'LL HOLD THEM SLOW! GO! SEHUN, LEAD THE PEOPLE INSIDE!" He shouted. His gaze is far from weakness as his eyes show no fear. There's this expression of his, making them feel more safe and protected.

"Everybody come inside!" Baekhyun shouted as he diminished the remaining corpse inside the yard. When the last zombie's head threw off of his body, Baekhyun looked around and saw that everyone getting inside the metal barricaded yard, except for Chanyeol.

He furrowed and stomped towards the exit to help.

"Believe in him. He can kill them all." Are you fucking kidding me? Baekhyun wanted to ask Kai but he couldn't because he's now fixed at Chanyeol fighting alone outside the fence.

The hoard of zombies is drastically decreasing as Chanyeol attacked them with amazing fighting skills. Gushing blood showering him. His body is now covered in wet cold filthy blood in several zombies that he put down.

Baekhyun just stared in disbelief as Chanyeol killed all the zombies all by his hands.

The older male kneeled on the ground. Fatigue taking over as he breathed erratically.

A walking corpse of a woman walking aimlessly towards him. He looked at Baekhyun, gazing at him as he flung his knife towards the head of the zombie using his peripheral vision. The knife buried deeply on the zombie's head.

Now Baekhyun knows why they have high respect for Chanyeol. And that every one of them obeys him.

"He's bitten..." A man has spoken sorrowfully as he undid the jacket of a certain man.

Baekhyun looked around seeing Luhan and Taehyung checking the others if they are okay. He walked towards where the people made a group and he saw that one of them is bitten from the encounter.

Baekhyun remembers the man who helped him roast the wild boar on the first day he entered the called sanctuary from the leadership of Chanyeol and he couldn't stop himself from feeling bad. He doesn't want to see someone he knows get hurt. The reason why he doesn't attach himself to people that much.

"He tried to save me." One of the young kids sobbed.

With trembling legs, Chanyeol managed to wipe his splashed face from the gooey blood.

"Hey, buddy." Chanyeol approached, he already discarded his blood-soaked tops.

"I'm sorry- He's just a kid, I needed to save him." The young-aged man in his mid-twenties spoken melancholy as he knew that he's now a hopeless case as he felt the burn in the zombie's bite in his left shoulder.

Chanyeol knew the man because he's one of the efficient workers before in the sanctuary.

"You did great work. And you will always be remembered." Chanyeol spoke, his jaw clenched as he gripped the man's shoulder to pay him respect.

Every one of them mourned and paid their farewell thoughts to the man. Baekhyun just stayed afar from them. Luhan and Taehyung beside him.

Then they heard a single gunshot. Dictating the bitten male's end.

"We're always running. Hiding." Luhan has spoken firmly, tears running down his eyes as he watches how the others cry from despair having one of their nice friend on the ground, unmoving.

Baekhyun just looked at Luhan and at Taehyung who's silently crying as he sighed silently.

He felt hopeless and discouraged knowing that the two of his greatest strength have fading faiths.

"We live in their world now. This isn't our world anymore, Luhan." Baekhyun responded, nudging on Luhan's side as he kept them close.

Sehun came towards them with a half-empty bottle of water which Baekhyun took and drank on it. He handed it to Luhan and then after him, he handed it to Taehyung.

"We barely have any food for the next days. It's a miracle that the buses took us as far as here from the city with limited gas. We also don't have enough water anymore." Sehun announced as he sat in the grass beside them.

Baekhyun examined the groups of people in the area and he's not surprised by the news.

"And I say, we must all cooperate if we wanted us all to survive." He mumbled.

"Most of them are weak. And we are not running an orphanage here." He added as he looked away. Sehun just looked at him, knowing what he really meant.

"You need to rest, I know you are tired. Let's figure this out later." Sehun exclaimed. He knew Baekhyun was tired from all that happened but he did amaze by the smaller's strong mind.

"We needed to start moving. We don't know what's out there. The world is against our nature, it wants us dead! We don't have time to rest!" He argued, he bit his lips to stop the fear growing inside him. He could see the rotten bodies laying steadily on the ground and he felt seek just by the images in his mind that there will be the time that everyone he knows will become exactly like them.

And probably even him.

"We will. But first, we needed to figure out how we can clear up the prison while making the walkers under control. We can't just open the front gate and let all of them get out." Sehun spoke, proving his point.

"Chanyeol knows what he's doing., Sehun added averting his eyes at Chanyeol. Baekhyun followed Sehun's eyes and he ended up landing his gaze on Chanyeol who's inspecting every meter of the metal prison fence.

Baekhyun didn't respond to that. Instead, his eyes landed on the watchtowers on four corners of the prison yard.

"We'll take that watchtower," Baekhyun exclaimed as he walked towards its door by avoiding the dead bodies in the ground.

He slowly turned the knob and opened it. A man in his guard uniform turned around, his eyes marble white and he groaned like an animal. Baekhyun slashed his throat when he's a meter away. He was about to examine the insides of the small watchtower when his eyes caught the attention of what he didn't exactly expect to be there.

Two zombies walked out of the watchtower and his eyes couldn't contain the tears when he realized that these are twins about 7 years of age as they aimlessly walked towards him. The kids had their left hands handcuffed together and a golden badge on the other twin was pinned on his shirt, emphasizing that it was their father, who he killed earlier had put them there.

He couldn't contain the tears anymore as he remembered his twin brothers that he never ever saw again when the apocalypse began. He sobbed as he just backed away. He couldn't make his blade touch the undead boys.

Chanyeol saw the intrusion and he quickly came towards Baekhyun.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked as he held Baekhyun.

"I can't-- damn it, I can't do it!" He cried. Memories of his twin brothers flashed in his mind. Their smiles, laughs, their childishness, and their love for him. It's all there in his heart and he couldn't seem to pull himself out of that sorrow and guilt.

Chanyeol saw how broken Baekhyun looked and he didn't expect that he would be affected that much. He immediately pulled a gun and planted a bullet on each of the twin's heads.

"It's okay. Shh. It's okay." Chanyeol hugged the latter's petite figure in his chest tightly. he feels the pain radiating on Baekhyun.

"I just remembered my twin brothers. M-My poor brothers," Baekhyun cried harder, gripping onto Chanyeol's waist as he sobbed. The older male felt something aching on his chest when he let the young boy cry over him.

"I couldn't even save them. I'm a worthless brother to them. I'm worthless. Useless. Weak. I deserve nothing." Baekhyun trembled under Chanyeol's embrace. Taehyung and Luhan saw the incident so they rushed towards them.

"Shhh... It's okay to be weak. You can lean on me, I'll protect you, I'll take care of you, Baek." Chanyeol's voice is full of sincerity. He had the feels to protect Baekhyun badly. But the latter just tensed when he realized what he's doing.

"Get away from me." He said briefly as he pulled away. He wiped his tears as he got inside the now-safe watchtower.

"Luhan, Taehyung, let's have the night here. It'll be cold outside later." He sniffled, his eyes puffed red a little. He didn't spare a look at Chanyeol.

Later that night, after they finished clearing up the watchtowers. Chanyeol couldn't think of anything except Baekhyun as he could see the watchtower with a small light emitting from a candle on the second floor.

And also later that night he couldn't prevent himself from feeling frustrated because when he walked inside to check up on Baekhyun, he saw how the petite male snuggled contentedly on Jongin's chest as he seek warmth and protection. That he thought of giving it himself instead of anybody else.

☣️☣️☣️

Please Vote and Share. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.6K 3.4K 106
The story tells us about where everyone lie to baekhyun,,, Baekhyun was a young child when Mr Kim steals him from his parents to take a revenge on...
22.5K 1.4K 45
Byun Baekhyun was one of the well known doctors at the most renowned hospital in Seoul. He had achieved his dream of being a doctor and lived comfort...
7.7K 375 28
When his father's job causes them to move to a new town, Jungkook couldn't care less. It's not that he has no emotion or is depressed or anything, he...
3.7K 218 18
When vampires exist in this world, who come out at night to hunt for humans, Y/N, a girl who was diagnosed with depression and had no will to live an...