The Defectors

Imcrazyyouknow tarafından

We come into the world where freedom isn't something we can have. We can't afford it unless we gone through t... Daha Fazla

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter 32

34 9 5
Imcrazyyouknow tarafından

Chapter 32

Arena

We only learn from something we do when we come to apply it for ourselves. I wouldn't understand the mindset of every person of this group if I wouldn't let myself put in their position. Just because I joined the movement, doesn't mean I'm into their ways of constructing of developing a wrong tactic against the High Council. I just wanna know how this would work and how it would end up.

I'm still in the process of finishing this Rebirth in a legal way.

I got back to my senses when someone knocks on my door. I woke up too early and I just didn't rise up from the bed. I don't remember the day when I slept on a mattress. Though the bed we had in Waste Land were to think and not comfortable enough to lay.

I got out of bed and headed to the metal door and open it for the person outside, and the dreaded girl comes in sight.

"Did I wake you up?" she asked as if she was concerned.

I shook my head, "no, I was already awake. What do you need?"

"We need you in the arena," she said, "but take your breakfast first, and after that, we'll take you to the arena."

I just nodded to her. And after that I watched her walk away. Not that long I decided to come out of my room and headed to the dining hall. While walking towards it, some people were looking at me, some may giving some little chitchats to their friend. And I just ignored them. I don't wanna cause trouble here. I don't wanna be the reason that they could start a fight.

When I reach the dining hall, I fall in line just like the others. Pick up my tray and as the line moves, the people who serve the food were placing plates on our tray. When I look at our food. It's good to see that we are able to eat like this in the field. As I remember, there were limited supplies across the field and few of them are lucky to receive it.

I search for a table where I could eat and found Cha waving at me, just like last night. I headed towards her direction and immediately she told me one thing, "from now on, this table is where you belong. You don't have to find your seat, just go straight here. You have your spot here."

I nodded to her and took the seat, "thanks... I'm just still finding my way here."

She patted my shoulder, "you will be okay here Dy, just like what I said, you will be comfortable with us..."

"That's a process..."

She just shrugged off, "hmm... whatever it is, you'll know that this place was also meant for you."

I didn't respond into her instead I started to knock off my meal. While eating my meal, I couldn't help myself but look around. Another question got into my head again. How did they know about this movement? Are they recruited even before the process started or they have been manipulated to get in during the process?

I come to see not far from my table the person I saw last night, across of my room. He was just sneaking out some glances on our direction. I notice him as the time I came into the dining hall. I just didn't bother to look at him but now, he's making me think and guess what he's up to. I pick up my tray and stood up from the chair. Cha hastily holds my hand, stopped me to leave our desired place.

"Where are you going, Dy?" she asked.

"Just gonna talk to someone." And I shove her hands off of me and turn my back on her. I walk on the table where he is now. As when he notices, I'm coming for him. He stood up but I called him out that's why, some people near me looked at me and curious if they are the one I'm calling out, hey. "Can we talk?" I asked him.

But he looked away.

I put my tray on the table, I place my hands on his shoulder, "you're not even done on your food, why not finished it first before leaving?" I said.

Just because food is one of the most important things we could have here in the field, we should not waste it. Or else, he would get death stares from everyone and no one would dare to experience those things. He goes back to his seat and pick up the spoon and fork, and goes back on eating. I seated beside him.

"What is your problem with me?" I asked him directly.

He shook his head, "n-nothing... why do you ask that?"

"It is not what I'm sensing."

He smirked, "then you're sensing it wrong."

"I don't get you," I said. "You sneak out on me last night and then you just said out of nowhere we aren't supposed to talk, then why do you say like that to me? Huh?"

He shook his head once again, "it's not always about you, Dylan..."

My eyes narrowed on his words, "how did you know my name?"

"How I wouldn't?" he answered, face me with his attention. "Your name has been going around and I have known everyone here. And just because you're the newcomer and also the new recruit here, you're the only Dylan everyone knows."

"And what's the big deal with it?" I asked.

"It is like they're saying, you're one of the important people here."

"Who says that?" He didn't answer me. "Well, if you can't justify that statement then I'm gonna think the other way. I just wanna know why would you say that to me last night? I'm not going to hurt, or put any harm on everyone. I just came to help. Why do you think I'm gonna do?"

He shook his head, "I'm done." He said and I look at his plate, it is clean. He stood up from sitting and walks away. I scratch my head off trying to guess what has happened. I was just asking what he's a deal to me but I think he's trying to avoid me.

When I'm also done eating, I called out Cha that I'm going to the arena. Heading out of the dining hall, the dreaded girl greeted me. She just looks at me and I nod on her and I think that way, we understand what should we do next.

We were taking our steps to the arena. I don't know where it is located but when the dreaded girl started to give descriptions about it. I suddenly recall the transparent glass mirror, Cha and I bound to across. When we reach the arena, there are already some people who were preparing for their training. I followed the dreaded girl inside the arena as we were coming closer in front of those people.

When she stopped, I stopped beside her.

The young people who will participate in the training formed in line.

"Good afternoon everyone," she greeted and were greeted back by the young people. "Before the start of your training, I would like everyone to know our new member of the movement, Dylan." She introduced as she's pertaining to me, everyone's eyes are on me. I gulped and for a second, I do not know what to do. "And Dylan, these are the future army of the movement."

Army? I thought in my head.

Dreaded girl elbowed me, "Oh! Hi, yes, I'm Dylan... the new member of the movement."

"And yes, and for the next few days he will teach you some lessons but for now, you can start your physical training." The dreaded girl said.

When the young people bowed down to her, I don't understand why would they do that. When the dreaded girl walks out, I immediately followed her. I caught her hand and stop her from leaving the arena by hanging me with questions.

"Was that necessary?" I asked her.

She raised her brow, "what?"

"The army?"

She nodded, "yes..."

"Don't you know that these people weren't up for a fight?"

She laughed in a sudden, "when these people joined the movement, they know the risk. They know what they were into. Joining the army is one of the biggest tactics of the movement. Everyone could be on the army, giving hand on hand on it. Anyone. And this doesn't affect our movement. It will only make us stronger."

"And how am I contribute to this? I don't fight." I confessed.

"I have seen you on the field, Dylan and I know how you do it. The way you move, your smart strategy help you to excel forward and that's what these people need to learn. We need someone like you Dylan." She patted my shoulder and I don't know if my skills would inherit this group.

"That's too much to do..."

She then smiled on me, "anyway, as you are now part of the movement, you can call me Brighid."

"Wait did you just tell me your name?"

She chuckles, "I did and it's not a big deal."

"It's a big deal for me... I wouldn't call you dreaded girl in my head from now on."

"What did you just call me?" she asked but I laughed, "whatever you say, these people are expecting on you from now on, Dylan. Don't let them down. They are waiting for this to come. Their life depends on what we do and what we can be."

I nodded to her, "I will try my best."

"Glad to hear that," she said. "I just need to roam around, see you later." She said bid a goodbye.

I look back and see those young people who are striving to have a better life. I don't know why would they pursue this kind of thing. Actually, the movement doesn't matter at all. If you were just into the process of wanting a better life. You can do it. You don't need to defect into the system just because it wasn't fair and doesn't bring any good. But if their reason is more likely to develop such things that this rebirth process are just part of the High Council's system of cruelty.

Fighting against what has been established for a long time is a tough thing to do. And I still don't know how would this movement can become on a winning side against the High Council.

As I'm leading my way out of the arena, the tracker on my neck triggers. I resist the pain and try to decode what does it say. I kneeled down into the ground and help myself not faint. After a few seconds, it has stopped. And just when I notice how the young people come into my way and ask me what was happening but I just told me, I am okay and nothing bad happens.

But leaving the arena alone, a question in my head stuck when the tracker from my neck says one thing.

Do follow.

And I don't even understand it. How in the world the person behind this doing of my tracker were trying to communicate? Does it help or just manipulating me? I don't even know what's happening to this world. It all became toxic and darkness all over.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

98 0 33
This is an in depth look into my life.
43.8K 1.2K 23
This story is under major editing. Add to your Library until finished. Chapters re-completed: 10/21 ___ Wanting a normal life is unrealistic. Only th...
1.7K 34 24
People seem to blame life for their struggles. What if we can't handle a new life?
158 14 14
This is not a story, this is my life. My journey to self-love, my opinions and trials that are all here to be read by you. Enjoy.