The Man I Became... Because o...

By DaniAurie21

An attempt to write in first person... Lets see how that turns out. "It's been 3 years since we saw each othe... More

Reunion
What Next?
Settling In
Catching Up
Growth and Setbacks
Change...
The Truth is Out
Like Riding A Bike
BBQ A La Pond 2
CONVERSATIONS
Nong Yim
Wild Things
Reaffirmation
Trouble
A Setup In Progress
Dinner and an Alibi
What Happened In The Night
Interviews
A Tale of Ordinary Love
Drunk And Disorderly
The Other Investigation
A Proposal
Double, Double, Toil and ...
Have Your People, Call My People...
If Only...
Movements
The Shame of A Family... Exposed
Sudden Danger
The Source of the Madness?
Evidence Of A Stalker
The Plan Within A Plan Around A Plan... Or Something Like That
Thinking About Possibilities
A Small World
Cantaloupe In A Quandary
The Decisions Tin Make
The Quiet
Unexpected Developments
A Confrontation That Took 3+ Years
A Sudden Attack... And What It Reveals
Life Bets
A Stalwart Love
P'Keng
A Familiar Face
A Tiny Step Towards Progress
Kara's Revelations
Rescue Mission Step 1: Analyzing the Enemy and Clearing the Mind
Rescue Mission Step 2: Slow And Frustrating, But What Other Choice Do We Have?
Rescue Mission Step 3: Reunion and Delusion
The Aftermath of it All
Epilogue... But Not The End
Special Chapter 1: What Happened To...
Special Chapter 2: Tin and Cantaloupe Forever
Special Chapter 3: The Dinner...
Special Chapter 4 Part 1: The Wedding
Special Chapter 4 Part 2: The Honeymoon
KenoLing Side Story 1
KenoLing Side Story 2
KenoLing Side Story 3

BBQ A La Pond

3.4K 148 14
By DaniAurie21

Ae

Pond owned a house outside the city. It had been a damaged old house with a great foundation and bone structure. He had slowly and carefully rebuilt it, hired a couple guys from the landscaping team and did up the yard. He even had the perfect girl to move and make it complete. So what was he waiting on?

Nothing.

He's an idiot. Knows how to manipulate everyone else but can't handle his own business.

I did everything he asked, went above and beyond actually. And the fucker got cold feet. Sigh. Just goes to show that some people just don't know everything after all.

The worst part is, ChaAim figured it all out. She's not stupid. Imagine realizing that the guy you love is about to ask you to marry him and your so ready and then he doesn't.

That shit hurts. She cried in my apartment and all I could do was listen. She saved everything for Pond. Everything. So why is he waiting? It made her doubt herself. The only thing I could tell her was that he didn't have anyone else. That at least was the truth. Well unless you counted all his porn.

That part hadn't changed a bit.

"This is a really great neighbourhood."

"Yes it is. I considered buying a few of the houses and refurbishing then reselling but I'm looking at market trends and it doesn't make sense right now."

"Market trends... Ae really had grown quite a lot. Anyway. A house is never a bad thing to have. There will come a point when you want to move away from the city and the option should be there."

"I'm not the only one who has grown. Pete, you have come into your own just fine and I'm glad. I feel like I would have smothered you if you had stayed." And I truly did feel that way. I was always in front of Pete and neither of us ever saw it as a handicap until Pete had left me. Then I began to look back and I realized that I could have severely hindered him.

"What do you mean?" Pete was looking at me but I couldn't give him my focus so I told him to hold on. Pond's house was just around the corner and I parked in front of it, turned and have him my full attention.

"I remember how I was Pete. I though so much about protecting you that I was rather controlling at times. I thought I was protecting you and I was but sometimes, looking back, protecting moved into a totally different territory."

"It depends on how you look at it. Ae, you gave me everything I wanted and needed but you also made me feel stronger and you taught me how to be independant and how to navigate life. I had to learn how to deal with new people because of you and your diverse group of friends. I had to learn how to stand my ground and be firm. I also began standing up for myself. I never would have before."

I looked at Pete, uncertain. He, on the other hand, looked very calm and sure. His hand reaches out and cups my cheek softly and I don't hesitate to cover his hand and hold him in place. His hands are so soft and his touch sends tingles all over my face and down my neck. I love it.

"The reason why I faced Trump the very first time is because of you. You made me want to feel strong. That's how it all starts Ae. You want something so you figure out a way to get it. I may not be physically strong as you so I had to find my strength elsewhere." He smiles softly at me and I move his hand away from my face to clasp it. I desperately need to feel his touch right now.

"Your brain. That's the best part of you." I don't have to think too hard about it. Pete is smart and it turns me on just as much as him being cute.

"Well at least you don't say my looks." He chuckles and I laugh too. Pete's cuteness was the thing that drew me in first but I quickly realized it wasn't all there was to Pete. He was intelligent and kind. And sure he submitted to me but it was because he chose to. He chose me.

"What the hell are you two doing? We thought you were lost since you said you were on Miaen Street ages ago." Pond was suddenly there and I rolled my eyes.

"We were talking Pond." I want to smack him so bad right now.

"You have so much time for that. Let's just enjoy friends and eat BBQ!" And he's also right. I shake my head and open the car, go around to get the door for Pete who's holding my contribution to this thing. Pond waits until Pete's out of the car then takes the tray of seasoned meats, smirks at me and heads into the house.

I turn and look at Pete who sighs. "Just don't hit him when he's BBQing or when he's holding food unless it's his own. That way none of us have to lose out because of him."

And you dared to wonder why I love Pete? 😉

I stroll after Pete to find him blocking the entrance with Can in his arms. Can steps back and Dear hugs him next. Out of all my friends besides Pond, Pete and Dear bonded the most. They have a similar personality and temperament. They also evoke the same kind of protective feeling from me.

They drag Pete further into the house while I look around. I can tell most everyone is outside so I head there.

The first person I spot is my boss. I'm surprised to see him here but then again, it's not like he doesn't know everything going on in my life.

He also bought his husband. That's a surprise. Beam is a doctor and they have their own batch of friends. He mingles even less with us that Forth does. We do get along great though on a personal level, Beam and I.

"Hey. The both of you are here? At Ponds house? He hasn't driven you crazy yet?"

Bean turns and gives me a smile. He oozes charming like Pete oozes handsome cuteness.

"Hey there Ae. He's tested my patience a few times but what can I say? It's his charm." Beam shrugs. He and Pond hadn't had the best first impression. I think its because Beam saw a bit of himself in Pond and only liked that part of him. The rest, not so much.

"More like his curse. The sad part is he's also loyal and has your back when you need him so trying to kill him just makes me feel a touch guilty. I don't know why though since I always regret it soon after."

Beam burst out laughing while Forth just grinned into his drink. I looked at them, holding in my laughter and giving them my serious face. It made Beam laugh even more.

"Skye and Shay are running around here somewhere by the way." Beam finally admitted as he wiped his eyes fro. The years of laughter. I grinned. I love kids. It's one of the reasons I'm still pissed at Pond. I would have had a godchild on the way right now.

"You brought the kids? Where are they?" Beam and Forth have the cutest kids. They actually have 4 but the twins are home. They're only three months old and too young for these events. Forth had said they were early too so they would be a bit more delicate, I assume.

"Ar Ae!" Something slammed into me and I pretended to fall and shout in slow motion. The giggles were all over me and I turned swiftly and captured two little cuties.

"Oh my goodness. Who are there big kids? I don't recognise you."

"It's us Ar Ae!" Shay giggles cutely while her brother just chuckled and shakes his head. He thinks he is so grown at 8.

"Shay? Is it really you? So this must be Skye? Oh! Did you eat growing beans?"

"No we didn't! Your just short Ar Ae." I choke back the laughter and make an exaggerated scowl.

"Are you calling me short? Why you...!" I tickle the both of them making them squirm then run away. They'll be back though.

Not a minute into my conversation with Beam about our latest job, Shay comes running back.

"Papa! There's a prince over there! He bowed to me and kissed my hand! He told me I was pretty." She sighed the last part as Pete makes his way over to us.

I reach my hand out for his and he takes it as he smiled down at Shay. She sighed again then noticed our joined hands.

"Are you married to Ar Ae? Is he your knight? He makes a really great knight in shining armour. Papa says I should marry a knight who can help me and support me." Forth blinked. I was sure he was trying to remember when he said that.

Pete smiled as he leaned down and whispered something in her ear. She giggled and ran off as I looked at him. He just smiled and wondered off.

Huh.

I looked over at Beam who smiled softly and winked at me. "I can see why you waited three years. He's irresistible. Totally loves you too. I can tell."

I look over at Pete and feel a soft smile on my face. "I know. Fuck. I'm totally lost in him. Absolutely and utterly lost. Three years apart and this feeling hasn't faded at all. It's only grown and improved on itself. What does that mean?"

"I always think love is like water. It sometimes moves slowly, sometimes quickly. Sometimes it goes off course, sometimes it needs to. Some waters always flow the same way, they can't help it." Forth looked at Ae.

"But because there are rivers of love that are constantly seeking a way around their personal obstacles, they run into the straight path flow and are able to connect."

"In other words we needed, still need, each other."

"Pete is a lot like Beam. In his own way he simply sought someone to love him, to hold on to him and never get him go. He was drifting." I nodded. Pete had been adrift. he had felt stranded in a world that didn't seem to accept him, that judged him for being gay. He had bumped into that fool who had simply seen the glitter on his wings and wanted to pluck it, not seeing the person under all of it and the shelter they sought.

"But then you caught him and even when the wind was turbulent and you both were uncertain, you never let him go. You saw Pete, all of him, and you accepted him. That's the most important part."

"And that's why, no matter what, he will always love you. Even if you had been with someone else, Pete would have backed off but he would have remained in the peripheral, hoping and waiting." A voice said behind me.

I turned and looked at Diew who had joined our conversation. He handed me a beer, knowing I would nurse it all evening.

"Hey." I hug him. Besides Dear, I actually like Diew. He is a strange one but he always has my back. Especially when Sun is looking to die by my hand. "How are you? Ready to settle down and for me to fix up a house for you?"

He laughed and shook his head. I sigh.

"Don't worry. When the thought happens I will be sure to call you first." It's because I worry that I tell you these things.

"By the way, once I have enough information, there's someone I want you to look into and if you get anything suspicious, then you decide what to do."

Diew nods and strolls away. He knows what I'm telling him, and no, it's not to kill the guy. Though with Diew, I can't completely eliminate that as a possibility. Still I know he will do what I expected him to.

I walk after him and join the table where everyone is. Sun immediately approaches me with a hug and Ryu waves with a smile. He doesn't like to be touched and I respect that. Besides with Sun as a lover, he's already been touched to make up for everyone else. The guy is handsy.

Porch, Dear's lover, also gives me the bro hug. We've gotten pretty close and he's a really nice guy. A lot like me in fact. He's very protective and intense. We don't always agree but we respect each other.

Tin is sitting on the table and I greet him as well. We have made the effort to get along since college because of Can and Pete and Tin has admitted to me that if he had been in my situation, he probably would have done the same that time. It had changed our dynamic yet again.

I figured out very quickly that Tin is not as different from me as he would like to claim. The very same jealous and possessive feelings that run through us, also run through him. He is not above throwing a punch either but he would rather use money and that is where the similarities end.

ChaAim looks up at me and I kiss her cheek. we have a short chat before she gives me a hug and pats my cheek and goes back to her conversation with Can. He, I talk to all the time so I pat his shoulder before finally sitting next to Pete who is conversing with the man himself.

Pond looks over at me and grins.

"So you never answered me the first time. You look very relaxed. Did things go well?" He's smirking and fishing for information. I don't even remember when he asked me that question. I decided to ignore him for real this time.

"Hum. When are we eating? I'm hungry."

He sighs and looks around. "Ae is ready so let's all come together and say a quick blessing for good friends and loved ones."

Shay and Skye are called to the table. We say a blessing and start eating. I look over at Pond who is serving ChaAim and wink at her.

"Have you noticed Can is quiet?" Pete asks me softly.

"Yes but Tin seems ok so I don't know what the issue is."

Pete nods and joins the flow of conversation on the table. I eat quietly though. My focus is on Pond and the wierd vibe I am getting from him. Is he going to ask her today? I know you might think that I am obsessed but it is not that. I have already designed and created my ring for Pete. I don't wait when I know what I want. Now isn't the right time to ask him but I will once the timing is right. ChaAin though, is the one I worry about. She is conservative and traditional. She would never ask Pond. He knows it too.

"ChaAim is second guessing herself." Pete says to me and I sigh. "She's wondering if something is wrong with her or if maybe Pond has found someone else. I don't think Pond has found anyone else. I think he's also second guessing himself."

"He thinks he needs more things. More money and a better house. He's wondering if he's done enough. Is ready enough."

"Do you feel the same?"

"Three years ago? Four even? Definitely. I would worry about being able to take care of and provide for you. I would worry that I'm holding you back and leeching from you. That I turned into the guy Tin first described me as. Now, I know that I have skills and ability. I know that there are so many ways I can turn my hand and make money. If we didn't need money, I know all of this madness would have been so much easier to deal with."

Pete chuckles at me then sighs. "I'm sure there would have been something else if it weren't for money." I smile too. Then I hear...

"ChaAim? Will you marry me?"

My head whips around and my mind is blown. For real? Right now?

OMG. This guy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 878 46
He knew me so well and as if by telepathy he always knew when to show up. He always seemed to be right there when I needed someone. There were so ma...
20.9K 1.3K 35
This is my first ever book by which I started writing , so please don't mind my unexperienced writing skills πŸ˜…πŸ™. Can is a sweet college student who...
7.4K 238 18
My imagination about vegaspete story after pete escaped from vegas . What will pete choose revenge or not ...who knows Character are taken from kinn...
97.6K 3.4K 34
Pete - "Let's break up" Ae - "Why?! I can't live without you! Please don't leave me😭" Pete - "Can you give me another chance? 😒" Ae - "So you can d...