The Moonlit Series

GalacticTRex द्वारा

Book One: Lord Nerd (Logan Anderson) Book Two: So This Is Why We Kissed (Shelby Anderson) Book 2.5: What You... अधिक

Lord Nerd
Chapter One: Happy Birthday Nerd
Chapter Two: Run for the Hills
Chapter Three: What Did You Say?
Chapter Four: Rogue Conversation
Chapter Five: She is What?
Chapter Six: Running with the Wolves
Chapter Seven: Shuffling Papers
Chapter Eight: A Cheesy Smile
Chapter Nine: Dinner at My Place
Chapter Ten: Elvis Has Left the Building
Chapter Eleven: A Walk in the Park
Chapter Twelve: What Happened in the Hallway
Chapter Thirteen: The Thing About Friends
Chapter Fourteen: With the Help of King Henry VIII
Chapter Fifteen: The Forest
Chapter Sixteen: Sugar
Chapter Seventeen: My Milkshake
Chapter Eighteen: I'm Yelling "Timber!"
Chapter Nineteen: Facts Can't Always Help You
Chapter Twenty: Daric + Red Star = Running
Chapter Twenty-One: Charging into Battle
Chapter Twenty-Two: When Your Feet Take Control
Chapter Twenty-Three: Like Archimedes and the Bathtub
Ad: What's Next?
Chapter Twenty-Four: How to Get Out of the Closet
Chapter Twenty-Five: Black and White
Chapter Twenty-Six: It's an Alpha/Beta Conversation & I Gamma Do Whatever I Want
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Pack Meet Luna Luna Meet Pack
Bonus Chapter: Amanda's POV
Thanks
FUN FACTS!!!! (4)
So This Is Why We Kissed
One: Shelby
Two: Carter
Three: Shelby
Four: Carter
Five: Shelby
Six: Carter
Seven: Shelby
Eight: Carter
Nine: Shelby
Ten: Carter+
Eleven: Shelby
Twelve: Carter
Thirteen: Shelby+
Fourteen: Carter
Fifteen: Shelby
Fun Facts!!! (2)
what you don't see
C H A P T E R | O N E
C H A P T E R | T W O
C H A P T E R | T H R E E
C H A P T E R | F O U R
C H A P T E R | F I V E
Dare You To Love Me
Prologue: The Wedding
Chpt. 1: Pine Needles and Lavender
Chpt. 2: Punched. Again.
Chpt. 3: Save It for the Morning After
Chpt. 4: Remember What Happened
Chpt. 5: What Do You Think?
Chpt. 6: Patrol With the Most
Chpt. 7: I Got Your Solution Right Here
Chpt. 8: Ask Logan
Chpt. 9: Together
Chpt. 10: Sun Kissed Jealousy
Chpt. 11: Mi Casa es Su Casa
Chpt. 13: Journal Like a Pro
Chpt. 14: Bubble Baths Aren't Always Romantic
Chpt. 15: This is Dizzying
Chpt. 16: Everything Will Be Okay
FUN FACTS!!!! (1)

Chpt. 12: Dinner for Two

64 4 0
GalacticTRex द्वारा

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

If I say something that seems incorrect, please tell me

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

/:{/<>\}:\

Daric's POV:

Yesterday was Jo's birthday. We hung out with family and friends. There were presents, there was cake, the whole shabang. However, I want an evening just for the two of us. We haven't really had one yet. Okay, I mean technically we have had evenings alone together. All of them for the past couple of weeks, but it's not the same. Not really what I want.

Really? Because you seemed pretty pleased to me last night, and the night before that, and thee-

Shut up, Maximilian!

Okay, let's rephrase for the smart asses in here-

Passive aggression is not a good look on you.

Do you ever stop?

What do you think?

Okay, back on track. What I want is alone time with, but a date. I want to go on another date with my mate. We haven't really done that for a while. I mean, we live together now, so there is no shortage of time spent together, and no need to make excuses to see each other.

Yesterday, I had no time to pull this off. We were with friends and family, and it would have been weird to have two dinners in one night. So, we will celebrate alone together tonight. With food prepared by myself (I read that chicks like that kind of thing).

Today, Jo and Willow had their first day of college orientation, so I am going to surprise her when she enters the apartment with a delicious meal and a candle lit table. There will even be a flower on the table in her favorite color (yellow).

Now, it's just about time for Jo to get home, and my chicken and rice dish is almost ready. To waste time and hopefully calm my nerves a little bit, I divvy up some salad for us into two bowls. I place them on the set table and rearrange the already arranged silverware. I bring out the salad dressing and set it on the table, too.

The timer for the oven goes off just as I hear Jo turning the lock on the door. I scamper to the oven and turn off the alarm before pulling out my chicken dinner creation. I turn around just in time to see Jo's reaction to the table I set up.

She drops the bag she is carrying onto the floor; her eyes are locked onto the table I set up. After a few moments, I clear my throat, and she turns to me.

"Um... Surprise! Happy Birthday..." I clear my throat again (this time out of embarrassment) and scratch the back of my neck. What was that? That was so lame!

"What's this?" A brow raises on Jo's gorgeous face.

"A surprise happy birthday dinner..." I trail off.

Are you asking her or telling her? Man up! Maximilian howls.

He's so mean. He is always making fun of me.

And because that smark fuck is bound to say something about that manly statement, I am now blocking him from my brain.

"We haven't really gone on a date in a while, so... I thought I'd try my hand at cooking."

Jo glides over to me with a smile on her face. She then wraps her arms around me. "You've never cooked before?"

I shake my head as an answer.

"Well, I'm not sure if I should eat that then." Jo wrinkles her nose.

I kiss her nose wrinkles away. "Have you know faith? Besides it doesn't smell bad."

"That's reassuring." She rolls her eyes.

I playfully pinch her arm. "It even smells good, doesn't it?"

After very dramatically smelling the air, Jo pulls one arm away from me and places her finger on her chin in thought. "Hhm, I guess so..."

I quirk an eyebrow. "You think?" My fingers then proceed to wander over her sides, tickling her to submission.

"Okay, okay!" Jo shouts between laughs and breaths. I stop tickling, but I keep my fingers ready to resume if she changes her mind. "It looks wonderful! I'm hungry, so can sit down and eat?"

"Of course." I peek her cheek and grab her soft hand in my calloused one. I lead her around the table to her chair. I pull it out for her, and push it in when she is seated. I then run around to my seat and stare at her expectantly with a goofy smile.

Shel laughs at me and her smile glows. "Come on you not, let's eat."

/:{/<>\}:\

The next morning, I am woken by frantic rustling, thundering footsteps, and the sound of vomiting. I am quickly out of bed and rushing into the ensuite bathroom where I find my mate praying to the porcelain god.

"Shit, Jo." I curse under my breath before dashing to her. "Aw, Baby Girl, are you okay?" I hold her hair back and soothingly rub her back. I then place a soft, loving kiss to the nape of her neck.

"No..." She manages to moan miserably. "Your cooking doesn't sit well with my stomach."

She sits back with a sigh, her back against the wall. I brush some of the hairs off of her damp forehead. I then stand up to fill a cup of water for her to rinse her mouth.

"Ohh, I think my lung ended up in there."

I laugh as I hand her the cup and flush the toilet.

"Do you feel better at all, Baby Girl?" I rub her arm.

She nods head, but her eyes remain closed.

"I'm going to go grab you crackers to see if they helps." I am about to stand when Jo puckers her lips for a kiss. I 0eck her nose.

"Hey!"

"You need to brush your teeth first, Babe."

"Don't call me 'Babe.' " Jo's arms are crossed as she mumbles and pouts.

"I'll be right back." I rush from the room.

When I get back to my mates, she is now on the bed. I hand her the crackers and kiss her lips this time (because I know she brushed her teeth).

Like that would matter to you this time.

You're so annoying, Maximilian!

"You good for orientation today?" I ask worried. I know she felt better a minute ago, but she has a full day today. I'm pretty sure they would understand her being late because she is throwing up.

Subtle.

"No, no. I'll be fine." She shakes her head at me while standing up. "I'll take it easy, and Willow will be there with me."

"If you say so." I kiss her again. "Tell me if feel bad at all, and I'll be there."

"Gosh, your so over protective." She rolls her eyes at me as she grabs her clothes for the day.

"I am not." I cross my arms and stick my nose in the air. "It is completely reasonable for me to be worried for you. You are sick!"

"Okay, whatever." She rolls her eyes again, but this time pecks my lips. She then finishes getting dressed.

/:{/<>\}:\

My whole body feels heavy. My eyes feel like they weigh a ton. All of my senses are groggy.

What is going on?

My back is slumped against a rough wall. My pants feel damp from the ground I'm sitting on. My head is rolled to rest on my shoulder. Over all, I can just barely pick out a moldy scent. Also, there are voices, but I don't know what they are saying.

Where am I?

"I think you're finally waking up," a shaky voice croaks.

I manage to open my eyes and look at the source. It's Johanna, that one friend of Shelby. She is dirty and seems to have been here for a couple of weeks at least.

"Where are we?" My whisper is harsh around my dry throat.

Her smile is bitter. "Welcome to rogue territory."

Before I have time to digest what Johanna said, a metallic squeak bounds around the dim room.

"Shit," I barely make out Johanna say.

Footsteps caused by hard sole shoes ring in the air, and before long, a man in a suit with two guys flanking him appears in front of the bars.

"Hello Anderson. So nice of you to join us here," The Suit talks. "I don't know if you know who I am, so I'll tell you; I'm Henrick Marvus. And when you were still in diapers, your family took something from me that I'll never get back."

"Is that why you took me? You want to get it back?"

He slams his hand against the bars and two of my cell mates jump. "No! You stupid boy! I just told you I would never get it back." His eyes turn to oil as he bares his teeth at me.

After a few deep breaths, he straights. "Enjoy that filth for company. You'll be here for a while."

The world blends and twists like smoke.

"Why can't you tell me the truth?" Kick in the legs. "It's not that hard." Punch to the cheek.

Henrick steps back and breaths heavily. "You and your mutts," he spits the word into my face, "killed my mate!" A lava burn spill from my cheek. Henrick steps back with a silver blade in his hand dripping with my blood.

He paces the cell for minutes. He suddenly freezes. An evil smirk splits his lips and his eyes are red. With slow steady, Henrick walks towards me. His hand extends to my uncut cheek. I flinch. I can't help it. I wouldn't have been able to stop it if I tried.

His fingers caress my cheek. "Daric, have you found your mate yet?" He shakes his head. "No, no you haven't. You're too young. Well, they are your everything. So, when they are taken away," his hand stiffens on my cheek, "it destroys everything!"

He then pushes me against the walk and walks to Johanna. He's left her alone so far; why was he going to her?

He pulls Johanna's hair so her head falls back. He then puts the silver knife to her neck. My pulse races and I try to convince my weak, damaged body to move to her. Protect her.

"Tell me what I want to know, Daric."

"I-I d-don't know." My cracked lips move.

Hendrick moves fast as lightning to cut deep into Johanna's thigh. She screams.

Like smoke, the world twists and bends.

Henrick growls at me as we stand outside the compound. I can see Dad, Logan, Carter, and other warriors being restrained behind him by rogues. They growl a fight back, but they can't get loose.

"You really thought you could escape me?" He smirks as he steps forward with his silver blade. Out of nowhere, a small brown wolf jumps on him and bites his neck. The she-wolf shifts back. Johanna stands before me in only a large shirt that wants to slip off her shoulder.

"Daric," her voice is thick and I see tears in her eyes. She lunges up and snakes her arms around my neck. I bury my nose into her neck. I love her scent: it's fresh water and sweet apples. I could drown in it that shit with a smile on my face the whole time.

I finally manage to pull myself back as I rest my forehead against hers.

"I was so scared," she murmurs, staring deep into my eyes.

I raise my hand and caress her soft cheek. "Everything is okay now, I promise."

That's when she screams. Her head flies back, and a scream that can rival a banshee's scraps past her throat. Red spreads through the shirt as her blood soaks it. Where her heart is, a shining blade protrudes. A menacing cackle sounds from behind her.

Henrick pushes my beautiful, bloody, dying girl off of his dagger and onto the cold ground. I am torn between attacking him or cradling her. I feel a sting to my cheek and look up. Dripping from Henrick's silver blade is Johanna's blood now mixed with mine. My vision turns red, and a crazed roar leaves my lips...

"Daric!"

I open my eyes to the world and see Jo above me. Her soft hair cascading down her face in the dim light. I jump into action and flip her onto her back.

She's alive? I can feel tears in my eyes.

"Don't move." I order her. I then look at her shirt. Her clean shirt. "You-you're... you're not hurt?"

Her eyes are pained and maybe scared. "Daric..."

My attention shifts to her thigh that I saw get cut.

Jo pulls my head to hers and peck my lips. "Daric, I'm okay. It's okay. It was a dream." She kisses my cheek. "What ever it was, it was a dream. I'm not hurt. I'm safe."

It was a dream -- well, a nightmare? It felt so real. It's tangles with my memories now. What happened and what didn't? I list the facts from when I was with Henrick.

I was with halfies only, then alone.

Jo was NOT there.

Henrick is dead.

I take deep breathes as I begin to unravel the reality created from truth and fiction.

I roll onto my back and run hand over my eyes. My head and face are covered in sweat. So is the rest of my body. Also, I can feel my scar stinging.

Jo and I sit in silence for a minute before she leans over me again. She runs her fingers through my hair. It feels really nice.

"Daric," her voice is a whisper. "What was that?"

It takes me a moment to answer. "A nightmare."

Jo sighs. "Yes, but what about?"

I look to the clock and see that it is like five in the morning. After that nightmare -- one of the worst I have ever had -- I don't think I'll be getting any more sleep. Maybe even tonight I'll have trouble.

"I'm going to get some water." I slip from under the sheets and put on some shorts. I head into the kitchen and fill a glass with water from the tap.

"Daric-"

"Jo," I sigh, my arms braced on the counter. "I don't want to talk about this."

"I-" Jo sighs, and I feel her walk up behind me. "Okay, fine, don't tell me about this." Her voice is soft. "This doesn't feel like it is the first." Jo is quiet for a moment. "It might help to talk to someone."

"This is my issue."

"And I'm here to help you. But, if you don't want me to help, there are those who have chosen to live their life helping others."

"I don't need a therapist."

"A lot of people talk to them from time to time." She wraps her arms around my waist. "I talk to one once. Right after I moved to Howling Blood." She sighs again. "But you don't have to talk to one. Just promise me you'll talk to your mom, or Amanda. Their Lunas. It's what they do."

"I don't know..."

"Just go see one of them and try to talk with her." She tightens her hold on me. "Please. For me."

Well, shit. How can I say no to that? But she just said I had to go see them, so I will, but I won't talk about this. There is no need. I have it under control. Plus, Jo has helped just being around me

I turn and encircle her in my arms. "Yeah, okay. I'll see Amanda later today."

A soft smile shines on Jo's face. "Okay, good." She pecks my lips. "Thank you."

/:{/<>\}:\

A/N: Yes I am alive and still waiting this. No I was not on a deserted island or in a coma. I guess you could sat the writing part of my brain was though. I have been adding words to this for weeks, so I can promise you I have been trying, but nothing has come out. I'm hoping I can get a lot out in the next two weeks. I'll see how I update it.

Vote if you like the chapter, story or if you just want to make one someone happy.

LIKE THE MUSIC VIDEO (What Makes You Beautiful-Piano Guys [One Direction])? COMMENT HERE!
Leave your suggestions, too!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
45.9K 1.9K 17
HIS Book Series #6: Don't have to read series in order! :) Paul Henderson grew up in a small town, in Indiana. He graduated high school and always wa...
387K 5K 7
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 3 in "My Mate...." series Princeton SaintClair, eldest son of Lucas and Caleb SaintClair is your...
649 23 19
"I fucking love you." "I fucking love you more." ***************************************** Whitney Anderson has to be babysat for three months straig...