This Is Me

By BoxForAFox

Have you ever felt that if you moved, the world wouldn't move with you? That if you took a step, everything y... More

THIS IS ME
A Confession To Myself (Part One)
A Confession To Myself (Part Two)
A Confession To Myself (Part Three)
Game Plan (Part One)
Game Plan (Part Two)
Game Plan (Part Three)
A Small Crush (Part One)
A Small Crush (Part Two)
A Small Crush (Part Three)
The Greatest Prank (Part One)
The Greatest Prank (Part Two)
The Greatest Prank (Part Three)
Being Supportive (Part One)
Being Supportive (Part Two)
Being Supportive (Part Three)
Drunk And Disorderly (Part One)
Drunk And Disorderly (Part Two)
Trying To Breathe (Part One)
Trying To Breathe (Part Two)
Trying To Breathe (Part Three)
Advice (Part One)
Advice (Part Two)
Advice (Part Three)
Advice (Part Four)
Multiple Problems (Part One)
Multiple Problems (Part Two)
Multiple Problems (Part Three)
Slightly Terrified (Part One)
Slightly Terrified (Part Two)
Slightly Terrified (Part Three)
The Longest Afternoon (Part One)
The Longest Afternoon (Part Two)
Suffocating (Part One)
Suffocating (Part Two)
Something Stupid (Part One)
Something Stupid (Part Two)
A Grand Thing (Part One)
A Grand Thing (Part Two)
He'll Come Around (Part One)
He'll Come Around (Part Two)
Cake Fixes Everything (Part One)
Cake Fixes Everything (Part Two)
The Brodie's Residence (Part One)
The Brodie's Residence (Part Two)
A Happy Moment (Part One)
A Happy Moment (Part Two)
New Beginnings (Part One)
New Beginnings (Part Two)
An Awkward Gay Mess (Part One)
An Awkward Gay Mess (Part Two)
A Big Change (Part One)
A Big Change (Part Two)
Ten At Night (Part One)
Ten At Night (Part Two)
Don't Blame Yourself (Part One)
Don't Blame Yourself (Part Two)
The Ball (Part One)
The Ball (Part Two)
Afraid (Part One)
Afraid (Part Two)
Auditioning For The Role (Part One)
Auditioning For The Role (Part Two)
Peer Of The Year (Part One)
Peer Of The Year (Part Two)
Fireworks (Part One)
Fireworks (Part Two)
Fireworks (Part Three)
This Is Us
...
Some Things

Drunk And Disorderly (Part Three)

2.9K 162 47
By BoxForAFox

Drunk And Disorderly (Part Three)

For a few more moments, I still felt Leroy's gaze on me before it lifted, and only then did I look back at him, hoping that I wasn't blushing, even though I knew I was as I could feel the heat in my face.

"Andy was making out with Carly," Leroy slurred, not taking his eyes off Blaire. My eyes followed his, and I saw that Blaire had her eyebrows raised.

"Didn't they used to date?" she asked, and I turned to look back at Leroy, who nodded.

"For like a year. But then she broke up with him and started seeing Brad." Leroy paused for a moment and looked at me, before adding, "Not your brother. A different Bradly."

"Thank you for the clarification," I replied sarcastically with a smile, and watched as Leroy flipped his hair, causing my stomach to drop even further and my heart to go wild.

"Sassy, Stone." Leroy let out a chuckle before becoming serious. "I must go."

With that, Leroy spun on his heel and made his way back toward the house, high-fiving a few people on the way. Once he was inside, I turned to face Blaire, who was shaking her head.

"The hero we deserve."

"But the one we don't need right now," I added with a laugh and Blaire continued to shake her head.

"Are we gonna join the party, or are we just gonna watch?"

"You know I'm happy with watching."

"Yeah, but we should have some fun. Let loose a little." Blaire nudged me slightly and shot me a smile, which I returned.

"All right, fine." I sighed. "Lead the way!"

I gestured toward the house and held my hand out toward Blaire who quickly took it and began dragging me back across the yard. Soon, we were back in the house, and with a quick pitstop to grab a few more drinks—downing a few then and there and taking a few with us—we ended up in the living room of my house. Most of the people at my party were there already, dancing to the music pumping out of the sound system. With its appropriate location next to the kitchen, where the alcohol was, everyone seemed to agree this was the best place to be.

As Blaire and I stood in the middle of the room, where a coffee table usually was, we started to sway to the music.

"This music isn't really swaying music," Blaire stated, laughing, though I could only just hear her.

"I'm hurrible doncing though," I said, giggling uncontrollably as I slurred. I wasn't too sure about how many drinks I had when we stopped in the kitchen, but they seemed to have all hit my head at once.

"Everyone's drunk, Pete. Who cares! Let loose!"

At her own words, Blaire started to dance wilder, swinging her arms around, while dipping her head and throwing her hair all over the place. Smiling to myself and holding in a laugh, I decided not to care. Or, more like, the alcohol decided that for me.

It wasn't long before everyone was dancing in the same hectic way as Blaire and I, while most people had lost themselves in laughter. One song after the other, Blaire and I continued to dance with each other, and through the flailing of arms, I caught glimpses of Andy cheering us on, as well as making some rather vulgar hand gestures. Sometimes, I would even see Leroy smiling drunkenly at us, and I had to stop myself from going over to him and dragging him amongst the dancers.

The night continued to move on, and the wild dancing once again became swaying, as some people went home, and others took a seat or laid themselves on the floor. The only reason Blaire and I had stayed on our feet was because people kept bringing us drinks. It was one of the perks of being the birthday boy.

As we stood swaying on the spot, I found myself holding Blaire in my arms as she rested her head on my chest. It was a nice feeling—having someone to hold. Though, in the back of my mind, much to my annoyance, I wished it was Leroy, even if that could never happen.

I loved all of my friends. I always had. But the feelings that I was starting to develop for Leroy suddenly were something more. It wasn't like I hadn't felt something like this before—the butterflies in my stomach, and my heart racing whenever I saw them. Hell, there are times when any cute boy could smile at me, and I would instantly form a crush on them. The Coffee House waiter was a great example. But, for some reason, there was an ebbing thought in the back of my mind, telling me that this wasn't the same. Telling me that what I was feeling for Leroy wasn't just an idle crush.

If I was honest with myself, I had always looked at Leroy differently, compared to Blaire and Andy. I didn't know what it was, but that may have just been because I was still trying to accept who I was. But as time moved forward, I was starting to see who I was meant to be. I was beginning to see the real me. The video that I had made had just been the first step in genuinely accepting myself. Maybe that was a trigger to bring my feelings forward. Whatever it was, I wished that it had kept the feelings locked away because I knew that this would change everything.

Something else that was suddenly beginning to change was a completely different feeling in my stomach. All of the alcohol I'd had was starting to disagree with me, and the swaying seemed to be making it worse.

"I'll be back," I quickly said, before pulling myself away from Blaire and moving out of the living room and through the kitchen.

I did my best to pace myself, so it didn't look like I was about to unfurl the contents of my stomach. Making my way through the people who were still dancing and talking throughout the house, I finally got up the stairs and into the toilet, which was thankfully vacant.

Knowing it was going to be unpleasant, I closed my eyes and prayed that it was over soon.

"Pete?" Blaire's voice floated through the closed door of the toilet, and I groggily lifted my head away from the bowl.

I had no idea how long I had been in there, but I was feeling better than I had when I'd first entered the toilet. Even if it was only a little bit.

"Yeah?" I called back, my voice raspy and bringing a horrible taste up with it.

"Are you okay?"

"Fantastic," I called back, pushing myself up from the ground and flushing the toilet.

I slowly moved to the door, unlocked it and swung it opened it, stumbling as I did so.

"Whoa, are you sure?" Blaire asked, catching me and holding me up.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah," I repeated, seemingly not able to stop saying the same word.

"I think you need to lie down."

"No, I need to talk to Leroy."

"Pete, I think if we try to get you back down the stairs, you'll break your neck."

"No. You understand, don't. Need to Leroy," I slurred, unaware that I was making no sense.

I tried my best to push away from Blaire but immediately almost fell over. If it weren't for Blaire's freakishly strong arms, I would have face-planted.

"I'm gonna take you to your room," Blaire said firmly, and I didn't have it in me to argue.

I let myself be almost carried down the hall. My eyes dropped and my legs fell over each other on the way. After a bit of a struggle though, Blaire finally got me into my room, and I heard her curse under her breath.

"Hey, dumbass! Get the hell out!" she yelled, causing blood to pump in my ears, and I groaned.

"Sorry, Pete," Blaire whispered before raising her voice again. "Keep fucking walking."

I heard movement in my room as Blaire moved me forward a bit and spun me around before gently lowering me into something that felt like my computer chair.

"Stay here for a second," Blaire muttered before she let go of me. "I said, get out!"

Slowly opening my eyes to the point where I could see, I saw someone sluggishly getting up from my bed as Blaire towered over them. It took some time, but eventually, they managed to get out of my room, and Blaire closed the door behind them.

"Do you want to get into bed?" Blaire asked, turning back to face me, and I shook my head.

"No, no, no, no. Just want sit. Just for little," I muttered back, and Blaire nodded.

"I'm going to get you some water."

Not waiting for another response, Blaire opened my bedroom door and walked into the hallway, closing the door again behind her, and leaving me alone in my quiet room. Spinning my chair around slowly, and regretting it instantly, I tried to focus my eyes on my computer.

In an effort to stop my room from spinning like a theme park ride in my mind, I tried to keep my eyes trained on my computer's background—something that wasn't moving.

"Why you even on?" I asked the inanimate object as I tried to remember if I had turned it off or not. I thought I had, but right now, it was on and logged in.

As I sat staring at the screen, I could feel my heartbeat quicken as I thought about the video I'd made. The thought of deleting the video rushed through my mind again, however, as I stared at myself on the computer screen, my mind went blank.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: This whole Leroy thing is not making things easier for Pete...

The alcohol isn't helping either...

I hope you enjoyed this part! You can always vote on it if you did... or comment some stuff... show some love ;)

Question:

Fan theories?

Re-write question:

... What were those people doing in Pete's room?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 15K 46
TW: This book has a lot of descriptions of abuse and because of how often it is, there are no trigger warnings at the beginning of chapters. Take thi...
Brutal By Nova

Teen Fiction

410 38 14
In the town of Clareview, Connor Hill lives a life of routine: He goes to school, hangs out with his friends, pretends to be straight, rinse and repe...
310K 20.2K 62
Louis Stan has always been an outcast. There is no denying that the walls he has put up between himself and other people are the cause of this but be...
405K 22.1K 56
Maybe if Thomas had lived a different life. Maybe if Mark hadn't been such a mess. Maybe it would have been different. But turning back the clock is...