Covenant (A Lapidot Fanfictio...

By xXNeutronStarXx

It's the last year of high school for our favorite werewolf and her imprint, and school has let out for a qui... More

Part 1-Prologue
Chapter 1: Break
Chapter 2: Idea
Chapter 3: Feelings
Chapter 4: Worry
Chapter 5: Strange
Chapter 6: Sick
Chapter 7: Change
Chapter 8: Confessions
Chapter 9: Punishment
Chapter 10: Apart
Chapter 12: Health
Chapter 13: Celebration
Chapter 14: Time
Chapter 15: Forever
Chapter 16: Noticed
Chapter 17: Graduation
Chapter 18: Excitement
Chapter 19: Married
Part 2-Prologue
Chapter 20: Family
Chapter 21: Together
Chapter 22: Terror
Chapter 23: Reassurance
Chapter 24: Control
Chapter 25: Lemonade
Chapter 26: Home
Chapter 27: Preparation
Chapter 28: Instincts
Chapter 29: Anticipation
Chapter 30: The Baby
Part 3-Prologue
Chapter 31: Turquoise
Chapter 32: Loving
Chapter 33: Story
Chapter 34: Rain
Chapter 35: The Return
Chapter 36: Two
Chapter 37: Protected
Chapter 38: Rumors
Chapter 39: Hatred
Chapter 40: Stress
Chapter 41: Empathy
Chapter 42: Forgiving
Chapter 43: Difficult
Chapter 44: Houdini
Chapter 45: Safe
Chapter 46: The Call
Chapter 47: Comeback
Chapter 48: Awake
Chapter 49: Recovery
Chapter 50: Shield
Chapter 51: Protector
Chapter 52: Almost
Chapter 53: Amplified
Chapter 54: Overpowering
Chapter 55: Party
Epilogue
Other Projects

Chapter 11: Stealth

323 6 6
By xXNeutronStarXx

A couple of weeks had passed. Nothing had changed. I was upset every day, and I had nightmares every night. There hadn't been one night yet where my dad hadn't run upstairs to help me. Dad had started to become really worried about me. I had even seen him talking with Yellow over the phone about what to do.

The phone rang. I heard Dad tap the counter from the kitchen.

"Lapis," he said. "Can you get that?"

"Sure," I replied.

I walked to the phone and answered it. I heard a familiar voice.

"Lapis?" The voice asked.

I gasped quietly. "Peridot!" I hissed. "What are you doing?"

"I need to talk to you," Peridot answered.

"What is it?" I whispered.

"I need you to come to the house tonight," Peridot said.

"You want me to sneak out?" I whispered.

"Yeah," Peridot answered. "I wanna see how the baby's doing. Plus, I've heard how you've been from my mom, and I'm worried about you."

"You're gonna get us in trouble again!" I cried.

"I got the rest of the werewolves on board," Peridot said. "Please trust me."

"Okay," I whispered. "You won't do this again, right?"

"I promise," Peridot said. "Only tonight. That's it."

"...I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," Peridot replied.

I hung up. I walked back to the couch and sighed. How was I going to do this?

"Who was that?" Dad asked.

"Some person trying to sell us some product," I answered. "Nothing important."

"Ah," Dad said.

I looked up at the ceiling. I was nervous. I had no idea how I was going to sneak out. Dad was going to check on me too. I had to come up with a plan. I remembered seeing that my alarm clock said one when I woke up once. I would have to either go after that or return before then. I figured it would be safer to go after. I didn't know how late Dad would be up, but I knew that he would be fast asleep after. It was the perfect plan.

I had another vivid dream. This time, it wasn't a nightmare. It was just Peridot and I and nothing more. I woke up when my alarm clock hit one. There was no way I could get away without my routine from the past few nights. I took a deep breath and screamed at the top of my lungs. Just as I had hoped, Dad ran upstairs into the room. I made myself start to cry by thinking about my dreams from the nights before and how they worried me.

"Lapis!" Dad cried.

He threw his arms around me and tried to comfort me. I closed my eyes and smiled. After a few minutes, I calmed down, and I told him I was okay. He walked away, leaving me alone. When I was sure that he had gone downstairs, I got up and walked to the bedroom door. I opened it as quietly as I could. I began to sneak downstairs. I tiptoed outside into the driveway. I gasped. How was I going to get into the car without making noise? I walked back inside and into the kitchen. There was my phone on the counter. I picked it up and tiptoed outside. Then I dialed Peridot's number and listened.

"Lapis?" Peridot said.

"Hey," I whispered. "I'm outside. Can you pick me up? I think if I start the car, it will make too much noise."

"Sure," Peridot replied. "Do you think you could handle some wind in your face?"

"I'm gonna have to," I answered.

I sat outside, waiting. It was ten or so minutes before Peridot finally showed up in the driveway on two feet. She grinned a confident grin at me and reached for my hand. I took it hesitantly. Peridot looked at me and cocked her head to the side.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I-I don't know," I answered. "I just feel like you're acting like a bad influence. I...I don't want to get in trouble."

"Neither do I," Peridot responded. "Please listen to me when I say that I'm doing this for our own good. With the nightmares you've been having, you need something good to happen."

"What about you?" I asked.

"I didn't realize how crazy imprints are," Peridot answered. "I can't stand being away from you. I've been worrying nonstop. I've come close to doing things to myself just to get everyone's attention. I need help with my health."

"...I'm sorry," I whispered.

"You don't need to be sorry," Peridot responded, kissing my nose. "Ready?"

I nodded. "I'm ready," I answered.

Peridot knelt down on the ground and let me climb onto her back. Suddenly, we were off. Peridot was running down the sides of the roads with perfect balance. I wrapped my arms around her neck and held on. I wondered what the baby would be thinking if she knew what was going on.

We arrived at Peridot's house, where she placed me down on the driveway. She examined the house with her eyes narrowed.

"Mom is crazy good at hearing things," she said. "We're gonna have to get in through my bedroom window."

"How are we gonna get up there?" I asked.

"I'm gonna carry you up there," Peridot answered. "Get on again and hold on tight."

I climbed onto her back again and wrapped my arms rather tightly around her neck. She launched herself onto the first window, grabbed the windowsill, and pulled herself up to her window. It was open.

"Climb onto my shoulders and get in," Peridot whispered. "If you fall, I'll catch you."

I carefully climbed onto Peridot's shoulders and gripped the window the moment I could reach it. I pulled myself inside and slid onto the floor. I was safe. Peridot followed, closing the window behind her. Her eyes were glowing in the darkness of her room. It stunned me. She was obviously anything but human. You would only be able to tell at night though. In this moment, she was as stunning as a vampire. She had moonlight shining on her back and everything. I gasped.

"First things first," she said, slowly walking towards me. "I wanna see how our little one is doing."

"She's not very big," I responded.

"I wanna know if there's a bump yet," Peridot said.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Okay," I replied. "You win."

I pulled up my shirt, and Peridot gasped. I felt myself blushing a little.

"I'm starting to see it," she said. "There's a little bump!"

"Not enough for anyone to notice, right?" I asked.

"No," Peridot answered. "Why do you ask?"

"I-I don't want anyone else to know," I responded, letting go of my shirt so it fell back down.

"I'm pretty sure you can make it through the rest of the school year without anyone noticing," Peridot said.

"Don't bet on it," I replied.

"Here, take a seat," Peridot said.

I sat down on the bed. Peridot immediately followed. She smiled that crooked smile at me and took my hand. I laid my head on her shoulder. I finally felt a bit happier.

"How is it without me?" Peridot asked.

"Terrible," I answered.

"Has your dad been treating you well?" Peridot asked.

"He's actually been pretty nice," I answered. "He always comes and helps me when I have nightmares and morning sickness. He even makes me breakfast."

"That's good," Peridot said. "He better be taking great care of you, or I'll step in myself."

"He's taking very good care of me," I replied. "I'm glad to have him doing that."

"But it's still terrible?" Peridot asked.

"Mostly," I answered. "Morning sickness is terrible. The nightmares are, well, terrifying."

"My Lapis," Peridot whispered.

"I've been okay most of the time though," I said. "You've seen how hard school is in the morning for me, though. There have even been those few times where I've had to run out of class for a bit. I hate this, and I'm only a few weeks into it!"

"It's okay, Lapis," Peridot responded. "I understand exactly why you would hate it. I really wish I could help you. I wish our parents hadn't grounded us, but that was expected. You'll keep me updated though, won't you?"

"I'll try," I answered.

"I want to know how our little baby is doing," Peridot said. "She must be so excited."

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"You're going to be its mother," Peridot answered. "I would be excited if I found out someone like you was going to be my mother."

I blushed. She was too sweet. I twirled a lock of my hair and smiled. I didn't deserve her, but she still loved me more than anything. We were imprints though. We weren't like humans. We were supposed to deserve each other, but sometimes, she was just too good for me. I loved her so much.

"When will it start kicking?" Peridot asked.

"When will the baby start kicking," I corrected.

Peridot smiled. "Okay," she said. "When will the baby start kicking?"

"Around four to five months," I answered.

"Is the baby a boy or a girl?" Peridot asked.

"I would imagine that the baby would be a girl," I answered. "But I'm not sure. I'm calling her a girl since we're both girls and the baby I've been seeing in my dream is a girl."

"She's going to be so beautiful," Peridot whispered.

"Yes, she is," I replied.

"I can't wait to meet her," Peridot said. "Do you know what she looks like?"

"In my dream, she has blue hair," I answered. "She felt soft and fragile. I held her close to keep her warm...she was so cute."

"So she's going to be human," Peridot said.

"I guess," I responded.

"She's going to be just like you," Peridot said. "That really makes me excited. You're so beautiful."

"Y-you're making me blush," I replied.

"Good," Peridot said, kissing my cheek. "What color eyes did she have?"

"She had green eyes," I answered. "Like yours."

"Did she have freckles?" Peridot asked.

"A lot," I answered. "Just like you."

Peridot laid her hands on my stomach and smiled. I could see the excitement in her face. This had become less of a burden and more of something like a Christmas present. I could barely wait for it. All I wanted was to meet the baby. Peridot leaned in and kissed my stomach. She then began to hum a tune. It was the one she used to hum to me to get me to sleep. I felt myself blush even more. Why was she so amazing? Why was she so sweet? All I could imagine was her singing the baby to sleep. That was a thought that settled me. I trusted her more than anyone else with the baby I hadn't even had yet. I knew she would be the perfect mother.

"My sweet girls," she whispered. "I love you both so much. Please be careful for the next eight months. I don't want anything to happen to you. I love both of you too much to bear seeing that."

"I love you too," I responded.

Peridot sat up and kissed my cheek. I laid my head on her chest. I never wanted to leave. Not now. This was too good to leave.

"What time do you have to go?" Peridot asked.

"Probably around five," I answered.

"It's nearly five right now," Peridot said.

"Really?" I asked.

I looked at her alarm clock. It was indeed just a few minutes before five. I looked away. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to have to leave her again. I didn't want to take the baby away from her again.

"Come on," Peridot said. "We have to get you home."

I nodded. "O-okay."

I got on Peridot's back. She climbed out the window, jumped onto the ground, and ran me home. When we got to the house, she ran up a tree and placed me on a branch.

"Hold on," she said.

She jumped from the branch to the windowsill, grabbed on, and opened the window. Then she jumped back onto the tree. I carefully climbed onto her back, and she quietly jumped into my bedroom. I got down and sat on my bed. I sighed. I didn't want her to go.

"Don't go," I whispered.

"I have to go," Peridot replied. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said.

Peridot pecked my lips. "I love you," she whispered,

"I love you too," I responded.

Peridot walked away and jumped out the window. I closed it behind her, sighing. I immediately fell asleep on my bed from how tired I was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 202 14
I was okay. I, the almighty Peridot Green, was okay. Until a little prank changed me. (Lapidot, College AU) [cover art does not belong to me] -Highes...
30.1K 892 37
a sweet and dramatic story about how Peridot and Lapis came together and became close. Peridot not having many friends, is a nerd, rich, awkward, and...
46K 937 13
Lapis and Peridot are living together in the Barn for one year now. They have a crush on each other. Lapis really wants to take away these Feelings b...