Only in my Dreams (Book 1 of...

By Jezibelle04

After being away from home for nine years all because of a marriage that she didn’t want to be in, Amy Morgan... More

Only in my Dreams (Chapter 1)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 2)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 3)
Only in My Dreams (Chapter 4)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 5)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 6)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 8)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 9)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 10)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 11)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 12)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 13)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 14)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 15)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 16)
Only in my Dreams (Chapter 17 and Epilogue)

Only in my Dreams (Chapter 7)

3.9K 46 13
By Jezibelle04

OK guys so this whole chapter is in Kyle's POV. Hope you guys enjoy!!!

*************************************************************************************

Chapter 7

I hurry over to the swing to lay Amy down. I guess her nerves got the best of her. I still can't believe the hell she lived through, I think to myself. Her mother brings out a wet cloth to lie on her forehead.

"While she is out, I'm going to go talk with Jaime a minute." I say to Mrs. Morgan.

"You know you are the first person that she has talked to openly about all this. I had to find out from the police. I want to thank you Kyle." Mrs. Morgan says pulling me into a hug.

"Mrs. Morgan, what are you thanking me for? I haven't caught the guy yet." I say pulling away from her.

"She has changed since meeting you and I want to thank you for breaking her shell and bring my little girl back to life." She walks away to sit in a chair beside Amy.

I have only known Amy for a little over a week now but more and more every day I start to feel a very strong connection with her. I wouldn't call it love just yet but she definitely put some kind of spell on me.

I can see that she is a very strong woman to live through that kind of hell. When I get my hangs on that bastard, he will pay. One thing is for sure, she won't be staying here for a while.

I walk back inside to check the progress of what Jaime is doing. I walk back into Amy's room and I can feel my anger rising all over again. Jaime turns around to take a few more pictures and spots me in the doorway.

"So did she tell you anything?" He asks.

"Yeah, more than I thought she would. I have a pretty good feeling who did all this." I say while turning my body away from the mess.

"Care to enlighten me?"

"Her ex-husband. I want you to talk with her mother and find out more about him then I want you to check to see if he recently got out on parole." I explain.

"You got it. Hey, we will catch him, don't you worry about that." Jaime tries to reassure me.

"I'm taking Amy to my house so I can keep an eye on her. I guess I need to find out where her mother will be."

I usually am a really good cop. I do my job, when there is something to do, and don't let my emotions get in the way but this time it's different. I'm acting more like Amy's boyfriend than the police chief. I'm sure as soon as people start finding about this, it will be the talk of the town.

"That's already taken care of. Louise radioed me while you were talking to Amy and insisted Mrs. Morgan and Amy to come stay with her." Jaime turned back around to finish with the pictures.

"When you get finished up here, I want you to head back to the station and see what you can find out about this bastard then call me with the details."

After giving Jaime the orders, I head back down stairs to find Mrs. Morgan. She is still outside with her daughter but at least Amy is awake now. As soon as I walk over to where they are sitting, Amy grabs my hand to kiss it softly. As soon as her lips touched my hand, this electric current shoots up my arm and down to where it shouldn't have went.

"Thank you for being here with me. It really means a lot to me." She graciously states.

I smile at her because I can't find the right words to say. Hell, I couldn't even think of anything at this moment. After what seems like an eternity, my brain decides to go back to work.

"Mrs. Morgan, Jaime said that you are going to stay with Louise, is that right?" I ask.

"Yes, I want Amy to stay with you. I can't protect her like you can." Amy starts to object but her mother stops her.

"You listen to me Amy Elizabeth, I can't protect you and you can't protect yourself from that crazy lunatic of an ex-husband. Kyle can and he will. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to pack a bag for you, if that's ok with you Kyle." She waits for me to respond.

"Yes ma'am it is. Jaime should be done by now."

Mrs. Morgan walks into the house without another word. Jesus, she almost sounds like my mother, I think to myself.

Amy and I stay silent for a few moments. I want to pull her into my arms, kiss away her fears and tell her that everything is going to be okay but I'm not. Right now she needs space and time with her thoughts so that's what I will give her.

Jaime finally makes his way back outside to where we are sitting. He motions for me to walk away from Amy so he can talk to me in private.

"I'm heading out now. How's she holding up?" He asks with a worried look crossing his features.

"The best she can for someone in her situation. Call me as soon as you find out something." I say as I turn around to look back at Amy.

"I will man. You take care of her." That's all I want to do right now, I think but don't say out loud.

"Thank you for everything Jaime." Amy says to him as he's walking down the steps.

"You don't worry about a thing okay. You just take care of yourself." Jaime walks to his police cruiser, gets in and leaves.

I need to remember to thank him also for keeping me as calm as he could. This is the only time I let my emotions out on a call. Seeing what was done up

stairs, then Amy revealing what happened to her, I couldn't help but getting caught up in the anger.

Mrs. Morgan comes back out with a few bags and takes two over to her daughter. She bends down to kiss her on the forehead and then whispers something only she can hear.

"Everything is locked up nice and tight now. I will be over at Louise's if you need anything." Her mother explains then walks over to me.

"Kyle what I'm about to say better not be repeated but you are a parent so you can relate. You better catch that son-of-a-bitch before I kill him myself." With that, she turns to leave.

I definitely could relate. If anyone was to mess with Ben like this, I would feel the same way. One thing you first learn when entering adulthood, hell even puberty, was never mess with a southern mother's kids. They may talk sweet and look nice but they most like know how to shoot a gun. I would rather get bit by a rattlesnake than face the wrath of a pissed off southern mother, I think to myself.

I walk back over to Amy and grab her bags to carry them to the truck. Without saying a word, she follows me out to the truck and gets in. I get in, start the engine and taking one last look; we make out way down the driveway.

On the drive back to my house, Amy reaches over for my hand to hold it. As soon as our skin made contact, that electric current was back. We both remain in

silence, just enjoying each other presence. I'm afraid to say anything for fear she may pull her hand away.

All too soon, we arrive back at my place. I turn to her before she could move and place my free hand on her face, staring at those big emerald eyes of hers.

"You know I will protect you right?" I ask; my voice becoming husky.

She places her free hang on top of mine and turns her head into my hand, softly kissing my palm.

"I know you will Kyle." She breaks out connection to get out. I silently let out a cry.

Getting out, I grab her bags and make my way to the door to let us inside. I take her bags to the spare bedroom because she might get a little offended if I take them where I want them to be, in my room. I walk back out to the living room where Amy is standing. She looks like she is completely lost.

"Well so much for the barbeque. Are you hungry?" I ask making my way to the kitchen.

"Yeah, actually I am now that you ask. Oh man, I need to call Katherine. You think it will be ok if we go get my car later? My purse is still over there too."

"How about we get it and your purse tomorrow? I'm sure it will be okay until then." I suggest.

"That's fine. I'm going to go call her to let her know. I'll be right back." Amy heads out the back door for a little privacy.

I pull out some meat from the freezer to make spaghetti. I figure that would be quick and easy to make. After having to learn how to cook because Ben's mother didn't know, I could pretty much cook anything now. Julie could scorch a pot of water. Now thinking about it, Amy kind of reminds me of Julie in some ways. The way she carries herself, her love of children and her kind heart, just to name a few similarities.

I grab some spaghetti noodles out of the cabinet, fill a pot half full of water and break the noodles in half before placing them in the boiling water. A moment later, Amy walks back inside with a look I can't decipher.

"Uh, Katherine and John are on their way over. I hope that's okay. Katherine can be a little pushy when she wants to be." Amy says while taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"Oh I know how she is but she means well. I hope you like spaghetti." I hope because that's all I have until I can go shopping tomorrow.

"Sounds great! You need any help?"

"No, I'm just about done. Maybe we can get at least a few bites in before they get here." I say draining the noodles then the meat.

I put the two into a pot then mix in some spaghetti sauce.

"Where are the plates and forks?" Amy asks making her way to the cabinets.

"Top drawer and the cabinet to the left of the sink." She gathers two plates and two forks then places them on the table.

I start to think that this feels right; one of us cooking while the other sets the table. She goes back to the cabinets, searching for the glasses most likely.

"What would you like to drink?" She asks while staring into the fridge.

"Tea is fine. Why don't you just sit down and let me do all this. I don't mind, really." Because I want to do it for you, I think to myself.

"Kyle, despite my little fainting incident earlier, I'm a big girl. Plus, I want to help, even it is a little." She states; sitting back down at the table.

I bring the pot of spaghetti over and as soon as I sit it down, a knock sounds at the door.

"You eat and I'll let Katherine in before she tears the door down." I say pointing to the spaghetti.

I turn around to make my way to the door. I check to make sure it is John and Katherine before opening the door.

"Where's Amy?" Katherine asks, while barging in the door.

"Well, come on in. Hey John." I say to Katherine but she's already in the kitchen.

"Sorry, she's been a little worried since she talked to Amy earlier." John states.

"How is she holding up?" He asks before I can say anything.

She's had a bad time at first but she's doing a lot better now." I reply heading back to the kitchen.

"Sweetie, do you need anything? Do you want to stay with us?" Katherine asks Amy.

"Sorry but she's not going anywhere. No offence." I answer Katherine's question while shooting a glance over at Amy.

"Katherine, I'm fine and I'm just fine right here. I don't want to drag you guys into this." Amy says, trying to reassure her friend.

"Why don't we let Amy eat. I will be right outside if you need anything." I tell her, trying to usher John and Katherine outside.

Amy gives me a gracious look before turning back to her plate of spaghetti. We walk outside and the cool evening air hits my face putting me at east for the first time since these last few hours. I motion to the couple to take a seat at the picnic table that I keep in the backyard.

"Kyle, I know you are starting to mean a lot to her or she never would have told you what happened to her. That girl has been through hell and back and I for one don't want to see her go back. I hope you catch that sorry excuse for a man." I can hear her distaste in her words.

"Have you guys ever met him before?" I ask, trying to get all the information I can get.

"Only when they got married; I was the maid of honor. I met him the night before then after the got married and I would go visit, he was always away." She explains.

My cellphone starts to ring and it's a call coming from the station. I excuse myself from the conversation.

"Go ahead Jaime." I say into the phone.

"Well, I got some info on out guy. He was released on parole about a month ago and stopped checking in with his P,O, about two weeks ago. No one has seen or heard from him since. I sent all the info I had on him over to the sheriff's office. The sheriff put out an A.P.B. on him so now all we can do is wait."

Great, I really don't want to play the waiting game but that is all we can do right now.

"See if some of the county boys can do some ride-bys over that way. He's bound to come back some time." I say.

"Already taken care of. If they see anything, I told them to get up with you." Jaime states.

"Thanks man, I'll be in tomorrow." I hang up the phone.

I take a minute before heading back to the picnic table. I wasn't mad or upset; I just needed a moment to myself. I hear the back door close and turn around to see Amy walking outside. She took my breath away every time I would look at her.

I make my way back over to the table but instead of sitting, I take my place behind Amy. What she does then leave me completely speechless. She turns around to grab my hand then while holding it places it on her shoulder, like that's where my hand belonged. She looks up at me probably to gauge my reaction, and I smile back. This all feels too right.

"Well, I think we are going to head home. Com on Katherine, I'm sure Amy would like some rest." John says, standing up.

"If you need anything you call. I don't care what time of the day it is." Katherine states pulling Amy into a hug.

"You take care of her and bring her by tomorrow so she can get her stuff." She continues while giving me a pointed look.

"Good night Katherine." Amy says cutting her off before she can say anything else.

Instead of walking back through the house, they make their way going around the side. After making sure they pulled out of the driveway safely, I finally talk Amy into getting some rest. I show her the spare bedroom where her bags are already waiting. I really don't know if I will get any sleep tonight with her being so room away.

"Well, try to get some sleep and if you need anything, I'll be right next door." I say turning to walk out the door.

"Kyle, thank you again for everything. Have a good night."

I nod in response then make my departure. For a moment I didn't know if my legs would work but finally they start to walk away. I go around the house checking then rechecking all the locks on the windows and doors before heading to bed. I stop at Amy's door one last time, just standing there staring at the door. Man, this going to be a LONG night, I think to myself finally turning to walk into my room, closing the door behind me...

**********************************************************************************

Let me know what you guys think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 23.9K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐𝒈...
28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
253K 7.5K 75
(Fixed/Fan-TL) Top idol group Stardust, whose members disappear like dust. The group that used to have seven members ends with four members... "Is...
148K 10.5K 15
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...