Covenant (A Lapidot Fanfictio...

By xXNeutronStarXx

It's the last year of high school for our favorite werewolf and her imprint, and school has let out for a qui... More

Part 1-Prologue
Chapter 1: Break
Chapter 2: Idea
Chapter 3: Feelings
Chapter 4: Worry
Chapter 6: Sick
Chapter 7: Change
Chapter 8: Confessions
Chapter 9: Punishment
Chapter 10: Apart
Chapter 11: Stealth
Chapter 12: Health
Chapter 13: Celebration
Chapter 14: Time
Chapter 15: Forever
Chapter 16: Noticed
Chapter 17: Graduation
Chapter 18: Excitement
Chapter 19: Married
Part 2-Prologue
Chapter 20: Family
Chapter 21: Together
Chapter 22: Terror
Chapter 23: Reassurance
Chapter 24: Control
Chapter 25: Lemonade
Chapter 26: Home
Chapter 27: Preparation
Chapter 28: Instincts
Chapter 29: Anticipation
Chapter 30: The Baby
Part 3-Prologue
Chapter 31: Turquoise
Chapter 32: Loving
Chapter 33: Story
Chapter 34: Rain
Chapter 35: The Return
Chapter 36: Two
Chapter 37: Protected
Chapter 38: Rumors
Chapter 39: Hatred
Chapter 40: Stress
Chapter 41: Empathy
Chapter 42: Forgiving
Chapter 43: Difficult
Chapter 44: Houdini
Chapter 45: Safe
Chapter 46: The Call
Chapter 47: Comeback
Chapter 48: Awake
Chapter 49: Recovery
Chapter 50: Shield
Chapter 51: Protector
Chapter 52: Almost
Chapter 53: Amplified
Chapter 54: Overpowering
Chapter 55: Party
Epilogue
Other Projects

Chapter 5: Strange

402 6 7
By xXNeutronStarXx

It was bright outside. The clouds seemed to be shaped like hearts and flowers. It was a beautiful morning. I was holding Peridot's hand and walking along. She looked so beautiful with the sun reflecting off of her like green eyes. I pressed my lips against hers. I could see it begin to become dark. I pulled away and looked around. I was terrified. The clouds were gone, and the sky was black. Suddenly, something grabbed me and ripped me away from Peridot. I screamed.

"Peridot!"

I sat up, breathing hard. I was just in bed. Peridot was asleep next to me. I lay down and tried to fall back asleep, but I couldn't. The dream was scaring me too much. It was just too vivid. It felt too real. I swore I could almost feel the pain of being ripped away from her.

I tried every sleeping position. I tried to sleep with one pillow, which didn't work, so I kept trying to sleep with more until I had five pillows. I even tried cuddling with Peridot. I tried laying different ways. Nothing worked. I couldn't sleep. I sat up and sighed. I didn't have anything to do, and Peridot wasn't awake either. I had to sit and think instead. I was so tired, but I couldn't sleep. That was all I wanted to do.

The sun came up, and I was exhausted. Peridot woke up and stretched. She pushed her hair back and looked at me with a smile that quickly contorted.

"Lapis," she said. "You have dark rings under your eyes. Did you sleep?"

"I had a really, really vivid dream," I answered. "I couldn't get back to sleep afterward. I tried, I really did."

"I'm so sorry," Peridot whispered, kissing my head.

"It's not your fault," I replied.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Peridot asked.

"Just let me sleep," I answered. "All I want is sleep."

Peridot nodded and kissed my head. She wrapped her arms around me. I almost immediately fell asleep. She was too warm, and I was so tired.

I woke up later. The sun was shining brightly through the windows, and Peridot was gone. I looked around. She wasn't in the room. I got off of the bed and walked out into the hallway. I could hear the television. I walked into the living room. That was exactly where she was.

"Lapis, Lapis," she said, quickly walking to me. "Sit down. I'll take care of you."

"I can take care of myself," I replied.

"No," Peridot said. "Let me take care of you. Sit down on the couch and let me get you some breakfast."

"Fine," I responded.

Peridot took me to the couch and made me sit down. I covered myself up with a warm blanket and waited for Peridot to come back.

"Let me guess," she said. "Apple butter, as usual?"

"Eh," I responded. "I'm not feeling apple butter today."

"You always have apple butter," Peridot said. "Every time. Even when I ask you if you're having it, you always roll your eyes and remind me that you have it every time."

"I'm just not feeling it today," I replied.

"Then what do you want?" Peridot asked.

"I really want grape jelly," I answered. "And I think bananas."

I could hear the toaster finish toasting the bread. Peridot didn't respond to me. She must have been as confused as I was. A couple of minutes later, she sat next to me with the plates of toast. I took my piece and took a bite out of it. It tasted good. I kept eating it. I looked over at Peridot, who had a very judging expression on her face.

"I thought you didn't like bananas," she said, her eyes narrowing.

"I don't," I replied. "But this is really good."

"Are you Lapis?" Peridot asked.

"Yes," I answered. "Jasper's the worst vampire. Convinced?"

"I guess," Peridot replied. "Did you get enough sleep?"

"I think so," I answered.

"Good," Peridot responded.

Peridot eyed me while I ate. She didn't understand why I was eating outside of my routine and eating something I didn't like. I didn't know what had gotten into me. I had no idea.

"I just remember him asking about kids."

I nearly gasped. He had been asking about adopting kids. That was he was asking about. I remembered that from when he was talking with Peridot. He had never meant it in the way I was thinking about. It wasn't possible. It couldn't happen to two girls. That wasn't possible. I had never done that with anyone else either. That wouldn't be possible. I tried to shake off the thought, but it just stayed in the back of my mind. I decided to let it stay there and to ignore it.

"You look stressed again," Peridot said.

"Yeah," I replied. "I am a bit stressed."

"You wanna cuddle and watch a movie?" Peridot asked.

"That actually sounds really nice," I answered.

Peridot took the blanket and wrapped it around both of us. She was so warm. I loved it. I laid my head on her chest and looked at the television. Peridot had turned the channel to a movie. I watched it quietly. I was still thinking about what Peridot had said the day before. My strange want for a food I didn't like seemed to point to that impossible idea. I was probably just overthinking everything again. I was probably just having mood swings, and those were completely normal.

I looked up at Peridot, who was looking away from the television and blushing. I did the same. The scene on the movie was starting to get a little steamy. Peridot turned away, took off her glasses, cleaned them, and then put them back on. I pulled her plaid green jacket off of her. She immediately turned around, surprised.

"Lapis?" She asked.

"Can we..." I looked around.

Peridot cracked a little smile at me. "Of course we can," she answered.

I lay down on the couch and let Peridot crawl on top of me. She looked down at me with an excited grin.

"For my beautiful Lapis," she said.

She threw the blanket over us, grinning the whole time. I smiled up at her.

"What would you like?" She asked.

"The usual," I answered. "Just something to relieve my stress."

"Aw," Peridot said. "I'm sorry. I'll have to cuddle with you after this."

"That sounds really nice," I responded. "But I might want to take a shower first."

"You do whatever you want," Peridot said. "Make yourself comfortable."

"I want you to make me comfortable," I replied.

"Then let's begin," Peridot said.

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. Peridot was still asleep next to me. I sat up and yawned. I had another dream again. It was the same one, just a little different. I saw Peridot trying to reach towards me, but the dark figure engulfed her. She was gone. I was terrified. I didn't understand what it meant, and it terrified me.

I walked slowly to the shower. My sore legs weren't letting me go any faster. I got into the shower and turned on the water. It was nice and warm. It soothed me. While I was alone in there, I began to feel that anxiety again, along with all of the impossible thoughts I'd been having. They couldn't happen. I didn't understand why I was thinking about them. I thought back to Jasper. She had wanted me. Peridot was completely confident when she said that Jasper had wanted to have a half-vampire child with me. That was possible, according to her. Would that also be possible with werewolves? Now I was even more terrified. I had to know.

I got out of the shower, quickly dried off, and even more quickly got dressed. I ran out into the living room, where Peridot was sitting in her pajamas.

"Feeling better?" She asked. "You wanna cuddle?"

"Tell me," I growled, stomping towards her.

"Tell you what?" Peridot asked.

I walked right in front of her and leaned in. I glared at her. Peridot's face showed nothing other than confusion.

"Is it possible for us—as in you and I together—to have a baby?" I asked. "I demand to know!"

Peridot chuckled. "No, Lapis," she said. "It's not. Is that why you've been so stressed out?"

I blushed embarrassedly. "Well, a little bit," I answered.

"Aw," Peridot said. "You don't need to worry. You'll be fine."

"What about vampires and humans?" I asked. "It's possible with them, right?"

"Their kind is different," Peridot said. "They don't have blood like us. They have venom. Venom has taken the place of all of their bodily fluids. That venom is very powerful. It's capable of more than just paralyzing or transforming a human and killing a werewolf."

"And you don't have anything special like that?" I asked.

"Nope," Peridot answered. "I've got blood just like you do. Except mine isn't good to vampires."

"Why?" I asked.

"Vampires and werewolves have always been enemies since the beginning," Peridot answered. "Somewhere in that line we both evolved to give off a scent that humans can't detect. Only werewolves and vampires can smell it."

"When did the first werewolf evolve to become gay?" I asked.

"Okay," Peridot said, rolling her eyes playfully. "I actually don't know the answer to that one. I've always found it strange that I imprinted on you. I would have expected a boy, to be honest. I don't know how that happened."

"You never felt anything else for anyone?" I asked.

"Never," Peridot answered. "I was so focused on my new self that I never really saw anything in anybody else."

"So only me?" I asked.

"Only you," Peridot said.

"You notice things about me that even I don't notice," I responded. "It's crazy."

"You've been acting up lately," Peridot said. "I can't seem to figure out why."

"I don't know either," I replied. "I really want to know, but I have no idea."

"You're probably just dealing with some human mood swings," Peridot said. "I wouldn't worry about it too much."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm sure," Peridot answered. "Just don't think about it. That will probably stress you out more. What even made you think that you could get pregnant anyway?"

"I'm just thinking about it," I said. "I've been having really vivid dreams. I can remember every detail of them. Every single little detail!"

"You probably haven't been getting enough sleep and you're waking up in the middle of your dreams," Peridot replied. "That's probably why you've been remembering them."

"No, it's not like a normal dream," I said. "I remember everything about them. Every little detail."

"That's not a complete confirmation, honey," Peridot responded.

"Remember when I was eating something I didn't even like this morning?" I asked.

"Mood swings," Peridot answered. "Your mood is probably just swinging, and you want something different. It's not possible. Don't overthink it."

She kissed my head and smiled. I sighed. Despite her reasoning, I stil felt worried. I didn't know why. She specifically said that it wasn't possible. Why was I still scared? I guessed that it was because I was thinking about if it could happen. I was only in high school. Peridot and I weren't even married yet. We hadn't decided if we even wanted kids in the first place. I shook my head. I was being silly. It wasn't possible. If we wanted kids, we would adopt them. I was overthinking.

"Are you alright?" Peridot asked.

"Yeah," I answered. "I think I really have been overthinking everything."

"See?" Peridot said. "You have nothing to be worried about. You're just dealing with some natural human stuff."

"I guess," I responded.

"Let's just watch another movie and cuddle, okay?" Peridot asked.

"That sounds really nice," I answered.

Peridot wrapped the blanket around us again and held me close. I sighed happily. Finally, I was relaxed. I had nothing to worry about. I was with Peridot, and she was taking care of me. She kissed my head and smiled at me. I closed my eyes and smiled back. This is what I had wanted from vacation. Perhaps if I hadn't been overthinking everything, I could have had it all along. Finally, while I was thinking, I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 164 29
(A Lapidot human AU) Peridot Greene, a 22-year-old attendee at Homeworld University, straight A student, never causes any trouble amongst the student...
6.3K 134 15
Second Lapidot Book because why not? Have fun :3! (Warning) Suicide, bad language, depression and maybe some nsfw? Idk if that's important. Sorry fo...
6.6K 332 17
Steven And Spinel... absolute Enemies. But In Their Junior year of high school, Things change. •Again I'm so sorry if I don't spell things correctly...
7.4K 202 14
I was okay. I, the almighty Peridot Green, was okay. Until a little prank changed me. (Lapidot, College AU) [cover art does not belong to me] -Highes...