Covenant (A Lapidot Fanfictio...

By xXNeutronStarXx

It's the last year of high school for our favorite werewolf and her imprint, and school has let out for a qui... More

Part 1-Prologue
Chapter 1: Break
Chapter 3: Feelings
Chapter 4: Worry
Chapter 5: Strange
Chapter 6: Sick
Chapter 7: Change
Chapter 8: Confessions
Chapter 9: Punishment
Chapter 10: Apart
Chapter 11: Stealth
Chapter 12: Health
Chapter 13: Celebration
Chapter 14: Time
Chapter 15: Forever
Chapter 16: Noticed
Chapter 17: Graduation
Chapter 18: Excitement
Chapter 19: Married
Part 2-Prologue
Chapter 20: Family
Chapter 21: Together
Chapter 22: Terror
Chapter 23: Reassurance
Chapter 24: Control
Chapter 25: Lemonade
Chapter 26: Home
Chapter 27: Preparation
Chapter 28: Instincts
Chapter 29: Anticipation
Chapter 30: The Baby
Part 3-Prologue
Chapter 31: Turquoise
Chapter 32: Loving
Chapter 33: Story
Chapter 34: Rain
Chapter 35: The Return
Chapter 36: Two
Chapter 37: Protected
Chapter 38: Rumors
Chapter 39: Hatred
Chapter 40: Stress
Chapter 41: Empathy
Chapter 42: Forgiving
Chapter 43: Difficult
Chapter 44: Houdini
Chapter 45: Safe
Chapter 46: The Call
Chapter 47: Comeback
Chapter 48: Awake
Chapter 49: Recovery
Chapter 50: Shield
Chapter 51: Protector
Chapter 52: Almost
Chapter 53: Amplified
Chapter 54: Overpowering
Chapter 55: Party
Epilogue
Other Projects

Chapter 2: Idea

321 5 0
By xXNeutronStarXx

Beating the initial rush of students flooding out of the school was a miracle for me. I had no idea how I had made it. I guess I had practice running around when the vampires were after us. Peridot, of course, had gotten out of the school minutes before by sneakily running at full speed. The moment she saw me, she smiled and took my hand.

"Ready for break?" She asked.

"Yeah," I answered. "I need a vacation."

"My mom already called your dad," Peridot said. "You're coming with me today. I've finally started to close in on my plans. Your dad is packing your bags, and we'll be leaving tomorrow."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm still thinking about two places, but I know that we're going to be staying somewhere together," Peridot answered. "Let's get in my car and go to my house. We'll finish this discussion there."

We got into her car, and Peridot drove us to her house. Frost appeared on the windows as we drove. It was the middle of February, after all.

Peridot let me out of the car and led me inside. Yellow was there, and she smiled when she saw me.

"There's Lapis!" She exclaimed. "The other daughter I never had!"

"Hello, Ms. Diamond," I responded.

"Oh, please," Yellow said. "You're family. I'm Yellow."

"Okay," I replied. "So I hear that there have been some vacation plans going around."

"Oh, yes!" Yellow exclaimed. "Peridot's been raving about her plans with you all week."

I looked at Peridot, whose face had turned a light shade of pink. "It's true," she said, nervously rubbing the back of her neck.

"She wants to spend every last second of her life with you," Yellow added.

"Also true." Peridot looked away, still blushing.

"You have special plans?" I asked.

"Very special," Peridot replied.

"You've got to decide tonight, Peridot," Yellow said. "Larimar wants to know where you're taking Lapis. You need to decide."

"I'll decide," Peridot responded. "I'll have my decision before the next hour passes."

"Are you sure you can make up your mind that fast?" I asked.

"I'm sure," Peridot answered. "I've fought vampires. If that's not making quick decisions, I don't know what is."

"True," I responded.

"Just hang out for a bit. I promise that I'll have my decision," Peridot said.

We sat on the couch and snuggled up close to each other. If Peridot made her decision, that would be our entire vacation. I couldn't help but to smile at the thought. I wanted a long vacation with her. I wanted to be with her without my dad questioning her every move, despite how funny I thought it was. I wanted time alone with her. I had enough exposure to people throughout the school year.

"Where are you gonna take me?" I asked.

"I'm either taking you to a nice little house with a pool and other stuff or a little place on another beach," Peridot answered. "Any preferences?"

"I'm not sure," I responded. "I'd honestly be fine just being with you anywhere."

"I want you to be happy," Peridot said. "If you have a preference, tell me, and we'll go to that place."

"I really don't know," I replied. "I really don't have a preference."

"Do you need a little bit to think?" Peridot asked.

"No, you choose," I said.

"I want you to choose," Peridot responded. "I don't want to end up making the wrong decision and end up taking you to a place that you won't like."

"I trust you," I said. "You can make a decision."

Peridot looked away and glared at the wall. "Okay," she replied. "But you can at least think a little bit while I come up with my decision just in case?"

"Fine," I said. "I'll do it for you."

I kissed her cheek, and she smiled. We continued to cuddle with each other and watch some drama that Yellow was playing on the television. I could hear her reactions from the kitchen.

"Do you two want anything to drink?" She asked.

"I'm alright, thank you," I responded.

"Can I have a cup of tea?" Peridot asked, turning around to face her mother. "With honey, please."

I heard Yellow walked away, and Peridot turned back around to watch the show on the television again. She wrapped one arm around me and laid the other on one of the couch's armrests.

"Do you think it'd be like this every day if we were married?" She asked.

"I thought you had a decision to make," I said.

"I'm taking a break from that for a second," Peridot responded.

"Wouldn't we need money?" I asked.

"Werewolves help each other out," Peridot answered. "We'd be fine with that."

"Huh," I said. "You've really got this all planned out, don't you?"

"I have for a while," Peridot responded. "Everything should go as planned."

"Imprint stuff is weird," I said, giggling. "How did that even feel to you?"

Peridot turned to me with her eyes wide. She blinked, not saying anything.

"Have I never told you?" She asked.

"You haven't," I answered.

"My stars," she said. "I didn't realize I never told you."

"So what happened?" I asked.

"You came and sat next to me at lunch that day," Peridot answered. "You know me back then. Mom probably told you. I wasn't interested in the other humans. I never felt like I fit in. I saw you sit down, and the moment I looked at your face, I saw everything."

"Everything?" I asked.

"I saw you standing in front of me, and I saw you sitting close to me. I saw everything about...us," Peridot said. "When that stopped, I suddenly realized that I felt this way for you, and I hadn't even said or heard a word."

"That sounds crazy," I whispered.

"Now I need to hear word from you," Peridot said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Pool or beach?" Peridot responded.

I rolled my eyes. "You haven't given me the chance to think," I said.

"Sorry," Peridot replied. "I got distracted. This is just my plans for our life together. The one I saw that day. You were always happy, and I wanted it to be that way."

"You can't keep me happy constantly," I said. "That's just not possible."

"I wish it was," Peridot mumbled. She cleared her throat. "I could make you happy if I took you to the place of your preference."

"Oh boy," I said. "You're gonna keep bugging me about this, aren't you?"

"Until you give me an answer," Peridot replied.

Yellow placed a cup of tea on the table in front of the couch, and Peridot immediately took it. She took a sip and sighed happily. I laid my head on her shoulder and watched the television sideways.

"Have you made up your mind?" Yellow asked.

"Not yet," Peridot replied, turning to me. "Have you?"

"No," I answered.

Peridot looked back at the television and took another sip of her tea. Yellow just kept staring at us.

"Where are you thinking of taking her?" She asked.

"Either to a nice little house with a pool or a little house on the beach," Peridot answered.

"And neither of you can decide?" Yellow asked.

"I want to know where Lapis wants to go," Peridot said.

"I don't know where I want to go," I replied.

"Maybe you should take her somewhere that means something to you," Yellow said. "That would probably be good for the two of you. Take her somewhere special. Someplace that has a special place in your heart."

Peridot stroked her chin in thought. She, at the same time, silently offered me a sip of her tea, which I carefully took. As I took that sip, Peridot snapped her fingers, and I leaned away from the cup.

"What is it?" I asked, taking my hands off of the cup.

"I know where I'm taking you," she said.

"You're finally making your own decision?" I asked.

"Yep," Peridot answered.

"So are you going to the pool house or the beach house?" Yellow asked, looking away from the television.

"Neither," Peridot answered.

"Neither?!" Yellow and I exclaimed.

"I'm taking Lapis to the log cabin I built in the forest," Peridot said. "It means a lot to me. I want to take her there."

Yellow smiled. "Oh," she replied. "I remember when you felt lonely the summer before your junior year. You built that cabin because you had nothing else to do."

"The wolves were always busy," Peridot said.

"She used to leave early in the morning and return at night," Yellow added, looking at me. "That place was a second home to her."

"That's so sweet," I said. "I can't wait to go there."

"We'll go tomorrow," Peridot replied. "I'm excited to show you."

"Do you need anything extra from the house before you go?" Yellow asked.

"I already have some movies in the house," Peridot answered. "And food too. I think we'll be alright."

"You need to pack, too," Yellow said. "No more procrastinating."

"I didn't know where we were going to go," Peridot responded. "I didn't know what to pack."

"Speaking of packing," I said. "Where's my dad?"

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a car honking outside. All three of us looked at the door.

"There he is," Yellow said.

We all walked outside. There was my dad's truck. He was standing by the passenger door with a bag full of my stuff. Yellow walked ahead of Peridot and I and took the bag from him. Then she walked inside. I ran to Dad and wrapped my arms around him, smiling.

"Hey, Lapis," he said.

"I gonna miss you," I replied.

"I'm gonna miss you too," Dad responded. "Where are you two going?"

"Peridot's taking me to a log cabin she built," I answered.

"Yep," Peridot said, walking towards us. "It's deep in the forest. We'll be nearby if anyone needs anything from us."

"Alright," Dad replied. "You two enjoy that. Be safe, alright?"

"Okay," I said.

Dad kissed my forehead and then ruffled my hair. I laughed in response.

"Have a good time, kid," Dad said.

"I will," I replied.

"I love you," Dad said.

"I love you too," I responded.

Dad let me go and sighed. Peridot took my hand and nodded to Dad.

"Thank you," she said.

"No problem," Dad replied. "Just take care of her, okay?"

"I will," Peridot said. "You won't need to break a sweat."

Dad waved goodbye and got back into the car. Peridot and I watched him drive away. We walked inside, where Yellow was back on her chair reading a book. I took my bag and went upstairs with Peridot. She then took out her own bag and opened her closet. I watched her put clothes in it.

"You didn't pack any earlier? Like any earlier?" I asked.

"I didn't know where we'd be going," Peridot said.

"You can at least pack a toothbrush," I responded.

"Perhaps," Peridot said. "But I can get packed now. That's an easy thing to handle."

I watched her put her outfits in the bag along with a hairbrush and her toothbrush. She then put the bag on the bed and zipped it up.

"I'll pack my pillow tomorrow," she said. "What time do you want to go?"

"I don't care," I answered. "I'll go at whatever time you want. Just not super early."

"Is nine 'o clock okay?" Peridot asked.

"Yeah," I answered. "That sounds great."

"And you're all packed?" Peridot asked.

"Yep," I answered.

Peridot took both of our bags and placed them on the floor. Then she lay down with her head on the pillow. I lay next to her and held her hand.

"Get some sleep," she said. "We're gonna be up and running tomorrow."

"Okay," I replied.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. Minutes passed, and I still hadn't fallen asleep. I opened my eyes frustrated. Peridot was still awake, and she was watching me. I looked back at her and sighed. I wanted to sleep. She pulled me close and snuggled with me. She smiled that cute smile of hers. She was warm, and that warmth made me tired. Eventually, I had fallen asleep in her arms. I dreamed of the next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 3K 37
Lapis Lazuli was an orphan. She never knew love and affection until she got a boyfriend. However, that love didn't last for long as he turned into a...
6.3K 134 15
Second Lapidot Book because why not? Have fun :3! (Warning) Suicide, bad language, depression and maybe some nsfw? Idk if that's important. Sorry fo...
1K 37 22
she was what people would think was a normal smart ass nerd who would get taken the piss out of. but this 15 year old girls life was never what it se...
7.4K 202 14
I was okay. I, the almighty Peridot Green, was okay. Until a little prank changed me. (Lapidot, College AU) [cover art does not belong to me] -Highes...