Yes, Sir

By Kota_G

She was just trying to make ends meet. What she didn't know was, ends meet was a sexy millionaire with the wi... More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
6.9
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9
8.0
Eilogue
Bonus Chapter Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter Pt. 2
Bonus Chapter Pt. 3

3.2

68.1K 2K 646
By Kota_G

•- Laine Bennett -•

It was easy at times to lose myself in work. I know I only file and arrange, but it was oddly fun for me. Despite my room being an absolute mess, there was something satisfying about organizing someone else's belongings. I think this job for now was just right.

Who the fuck am I kidding? I make more working here than I would at any other place of employment and I'm drowning in college loans and I can't do that to myself for the rest of my life.

I was filtering through the many emails Austin received when one I hadn't gotten a chance to deal with popped up. Not knowing what to do, and also being a lonely little bitch, I dial Austin's phone and spin childishly as I await his answer.

"Yes, Miss. Lainey Bennett?" He asks in a childish toned voice.

"You have an e-mail about an interview and I don't know what to do. Help me!" I drag out gently.

His voice vibrates with laughter, "Who is it from?"

I check the email before widening my eyes. "Holy mother Teresa it's Cosmopolitan Magazine how the fuck did you get so popular, Mr. Wood?" I gasp theatrically.

It wasn't uncommon for Austin to be interviewed. He was a wealthy and successful man in New York and I think at times I forget that. But the magazines under my bed are a kind reminder. Not that I bought them for him. Because they date back to my college years. It's coincidental that he's on the cover a few. Five. He's on five. Goddammit.

Austin hums gently, his voice vibrating through the phone. "All of me wants to say is my assistant. But you've used your prized talents elsewhere."

I was lost for words as he makes a sly comment to whatever sex life we were creating. Or not because as much as I believe I'll give in, part of me will never want to.

"Such crudeness, Mr. Wood," I whisper in hopes of no one hearing our conversation. What a reputation ruining thing it could honestly be. He was known for this sort of thing, and it's no shocker why. But I'd like to think I acted like an angel around the office. Everywhere else, not so much.

"Crude you say? Now I think having my face between your legs was much more crude than a simple statement. Don't you?"

In an attempt to save myself from any looks if I shift too awkwardly, I press my tongue against my canine tooth.

After a moment of pure silence, I speak, "You sure do know how to make a girl suffer."

He chuckles, his voice raspy. "A skill I would call it. And about the interview, go ahead and confirm it. Is that all, Lainey?"

"Yes, Sir," I smirk deviously before hanging up the phone and composing an email to set the date and times for a meeting with Cosmopolitan Magazine.

•———•

Lunch came quicker than planned and I was running late for lunch with Dane. I was supposed to meet him downstairs fifteen minutes ago, but a meeting ran later than planned and I had to finalize a few things before I could go to lunch.

I was rushing around my desk trying to order some things when a voice draws my eyes upwards.

"I sure don't miss these days."

As I look up to Hannah, my stomach drops. It was hard to forget the face of the woman who practically began Austin and I's relationship. Not to mention her impeccable beauty that made me want to physically punch her in the face. I bet that won't change a goddamn thing.

I smile awkwardly, "I apologize for being such a mess. Was Mr. Wood expecting your arrival?" I ask, trying to sound professional despite my distaste for her.

Did I have any other reason than her having slept with Austin? No. That wasn't even a good enough reason for there to be some sort of rage for this innocent woman, or not so much.

"No. I was in the area," she fakes a smile as her eyes wander across my apparel. "I must say," she changes the subject, "The decorating is interesting. Austin hates the holidays. You must have him whipped if he's decorating for Christmas."

I clear my throat and shift my weight into my other foot. "It wasn't-it's not- The office pulled together this year we decorated. Mr. Wood had no involvement."

"Hey, I wasn't trying to get you into trouble. I'm sure you have lunch plans, why don't you just let him know I'm here?"

I reach for the phone slowly and lift the device to my ear.

"Couldn't get enough of me?" He chuckles, but I was more than serious right now.

"Miss. Reeves is here." I state.

I could practically heart his heart drop, making my own crush entirely.

"Would you like me to send her in?" I ask in a moment of silver, my eyes finally lifting from my desk and onto her.

She was impatiently standing there looking at me like I was a pest needing stomped.

"No. I'll be out in a second, Laines," he doesn't hang up and for a second I contemplate doing it myself, "Don't let her get to you, okay, baby? Whatever she tells you, she's lying."

I swallow harshly before placing the phone back to it's place.

He steps outside, looking overly worried.

"Aussie, so glad you could make time for me." She smiles all too perkily if I might say.

He clears his throat and brushes his thumb along his top lip.

I realize I overstayed my time and I quickly grab my belongings. "I directed your calls for lunch they'll be sent to voicemail. If that's all I think I'll be going for my break."

"Miss. Bennett you don't have to-"

I cut him off quickly, "Dane is waiting downstairs so I should probably go."

With that, I make my way out the office feeling weird about this entire situation.

•- Austin Wood -•

"What are you doing here, Hannah?" I ask, turning on my foot and heading to my office.

She steps inside, her heel clicking against the wooden floors as she does so.

"Curiosity. I heard you still had that assistant. Taken her to bed yet? I bet she gets freaky," she raises her eyebrows suggestively.

I watch as she tries to shut the door, but I stop her. I'm not making myself look worse than I already do. "Don't tell me the only reason you're here is because of Laine," I say scoldingly.

She scoffs, turning away from me all too quickly. "I don't like her, Aussie. She's got that whole sweet and innocent act but we all know it's just so you find interest in her."

This wasn't exactly a new occurrence. Hannah was possessive of things that weren't her's, things she never wanted to be her's in the first place. Jealousy poured out of her. Desperation was her specialty after all.

But that was only the start of understanding a manipulative woman like Hannah Reeves. It was better left there however because just scratching the surface was already too much for me to handle on this Thursday afternoon.

"I don't need your validation on my employees. I don't need your validation on anything for that matter. Whatever encouraged you to step foot in this building, his damning your life, Hannah. I'm not going to fall victim to your petty games ever again. Lainey isn't anything like you and best believe she's a hell of a lot better. You have no right to step into my office and accuse me of sleeping with her when she's out to lunch with another man. It's disgusting."

Hannah turns to face me, amusement dripping off that caked on look she so commonly wore. "You're jealous, aren't you? She's out with someone else and you just can't accept that. What a pity. She'll put out for someone that isn't you. Don't worry, Aussie. Your secret is safe with me."

I roll my eye and grip a stress ball positioned on my desk for this exact purpose.

Before Lainey, Hannah made herself at home. At first I was so tied up in her mess that I allowed it. But when the tabloids got ahold of all our information, I drew the line. The things people do for a few seconds of fame is entirely questionable. To exploit an entire relationship just to gain popularity is one of the most desperate things anyone could do, and of course, Hannah Reeves never failed at making herself look like a fucking fool.

"Why don't cut the shit and tell me why you're really here?"

"Like I told little miss assistant, I was in the area. I owed a friend a visit."

I snort, giving the stress all a whitening knuckle clench, "We both know you owe me a lot more than a fucking visit. Where's the rest of my money?"

"Always so persistent, Aussie," she tried to joke before realizing I wasn't going to budge, "It's right here."

•- Laine Bennett -•

"So let me get this straight," Dane points his finger at me as his hand gently grips the top of his cup, "His ex assistant slash lover walked into the office and he told you to not believe her?"

I nod my head gently as I take a large gulp of my chocolate milkshake. It truly is the fixer of all problems.

"That dude has some fucked up shit going on. Do you need me to get my guys on it?"

I roll my eyes as I back away from my milkshake, "You work as a fucking mattress guy, Dane. Your 'guys' only know how to put a spring into a box," I mumble before grabbing a fry from my plate and moving the flimsy food in front of my face like a windshield wiper. I'm a child.

"Hurting my feelings, Birdy," he sighs, falling back in his chair, "Just hurting my feelings."

Dane and I were a pair like no other. I wouldn't have survived high school if it wasn't for him. Dane was the type of guy who could crack a few knuckles standing up for you, but someone who despised great lengths of violence as well. Somewhere in the middle I suppose.

"I just don't get it," I groan as I rub my hands on my face, probably smudging my already shitty looking makeup, "She didn't even say anything to me. What the hell could they be hiding besides what was in the articles?"

Dane lets out an exasperated sigh as the check in dropped carefully on our table. "I've known you since we were kids, Laine. You know how to get your answers. Don't ask a guy who only knows a little bit about your relationship. Ask the guy you're in it with."

I let out another groan as my fingers spread apart at my eyes so I could look at the man. "That's another thing. Why does everyone assume Austin and I are fucking? We're friends."

"Friends who fuck."

"Friends who almost fuck," I chime in with a snort.

I pity the poor Christian grandmother sitting in the booth close to us. I bet she has some kinky secrets of her own.

"See, you guys are like made for each other. He practically hates me without knowing me because we're close," he shrugs, taking one last sip of his drink before grabbing his coat from beside him.

"That's not true!" I exclaim, but all I receive in return is a look that proved he would stand by his statement.

I mumble incoherently as I gather my belongings.

"All the advice I can give you, Laines, is ask the poor guy about it. But don't pry. If he doesn't want to speak, don't force him."

I bit my lower lip in thought. In all honesty, what was the worst thing that can happen?

•———•

Yes, these two characters still exist. Hannah and Dane are not figments of our imaginations.

Dane isn't a shithead at all. I actually like the guy a bit. But Hannah, Hannah can suck a big toe. Controlling my mans life like no you little ho.

•Climax King
•Summer Sex
&
•2,213.3 Miles Away

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58.3K 27
"You are so different." He whispered. "And you are doing something to me, Bella. I can't seem to control myself when I'm around you." *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*...
1.4M 54.4K 43
When Logan Hunt, CEO of Hunt Company tries to help his fiancée in getting into the desired fashion show, the last thing he expected was to come face...
207K 6K 43
Lotus Cortez has done things to survive, things that in the eyes of society are everything but moral. Pursing a better life she moves from Las Vegas...
202 34 11
Sebastian Bennett is a determined man. It's the secret behind the business empire he built from scratch. Under his rule, Bennett Enterprises dominate...