The Bachelor

By Polu1998

Manik Malhotra-the only son of India's leading business tycoon, is famous for his short temper and numerous f... More

The Suitor
#1. The Pop Star
#2. The Model
#3. The Friend
#4. The Monster's Star
#5. The Secret
#6. The Escape
#7. The Fanatic
Chapter 1: Lights, Camera, Explosion!
Chapter 2 : The Angry Young Malhotra
Chapter 3 : Eavesdropping is Not a Sin...
Chapter 4: Delinquent Thoughts
Chapter 5 : A Ball To Remember
New Story
Chapter 7 : Denial?
New Story
Chapter 8 : The Much-Awaited Pool Party
Chapter 9 : A Roller Coaster Of Emotions
Chapter 10 : The Illusion Of Choice
Chapter 11 : The Best Friend's Approval
New Story
Chapter 12 : Acceptance?
New Story
Chapter 13 : Surprise, Surprise.
Chapter 14: On the Horns Of a Dilemma
New Story
New Story
New OS & SS
Chapter 15: Betrayal?

Chapter 6 : After-Party Showdowns

5.3K 622 350
By Polu1998

9:15 pm, 22nd February, Galaxy Villa, Madh Island, Mumbai.

I had completely frozen due to the shock I was experiencing! I could still feel his warm lips caressing mine, and his breath fanning my face...

Then as suddenly as it had begun, it stopped...

Manik drew back slightly, placed the rose in my hand and said. "Thank you for staying..."

I was still paralysed and stared at him blankly as he gave me a cheeky and satisfied smile before he walked backwards.

His smug look was enough to snap me out of my stupor!

That monster! How dare he? How dare he kiss me like that on camera?! I had actually been honest with him and this is what I got in return?!

Shit! I was pretty sure that the kiss wouldn't be telecast on T.V due to censorship issues! But the uncut version of the show on the web would definitely have the scene! After all, how could the editors let go of such juicy and salacious content?! That meant that even if Chacha-Chachi didn't see the kiss...Aryaman most definitely would!

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Aryaman was already upset with me, and after seeing this, he would break up with me for sure!

Nandini! Why the hell did you just freeze like that?! You should've slapped Manik, right then and there...

Why had he done it anyway?! Did he want to ruin my relationship?!

My doubt was soon answered as I observed Manik looking back at the rest of the girls. His eyes scanned the group and came to a halt when he spotted Alya.

He immediately gave her an evil grin and I watched as a tiny tear drop fell down her cheek. The rest of the girls just seemed to be shocked, but Alya...had an expression of hurt on her face...

Of course! How could I forget the monster's plan to torture Alya?! Of course making her swallow an awful drink wasn't enough! He wanted to scar her emotionally as well, knowing fully well that she still had feelings for him! And he was using me to do it! I was his patsy to make Alya jealous!

And from what I could see...Alya seemed heartbroken! Manik's plan was working! I felt like a horrible person! I was supposed to be her friend! What would she be thinking of me now?! I threw her an apologetic look, but she was looking down in order to hide her wan face from the camera.

Anger seethed through me, as I observed Manik! We had some talking to do...

Manik slowly went up to Vibha and said, sincerely. "I'm sorry Vibha...your journey comes to an end here...but I'll always be your friend! You can always count on me..."

Vibha smiled as she said. "I have no doubt about it, Manik!"

She then proceeded to hug him in order to say goodbye.

I still couldn't understand why he had eliminated Vibha...She was supposed to be an old friend of his, so why would he send her home so soon? He could've sent Soha home...it was obvious that he didn't like her! Then, why didn't he?

Manik Malhotra was such a jigsaw puzzle!

I watched as Vibha whispered something in Manik's ears and a perplexed look appeared on his face.

What had she said to him?

However, he soon controlled his expression, gave her a smile and said. "Goodbye V."

"Goodbye, Manik!" She replied.

I was astounded at her calm demeanour...normally girls who got eliminated became emotional, and created a scene! But she was so different! She had accepted Manik's decision gracefully, and was leaving with her dignity intact! Had she known that she was going to be eliminated? But how?

She walked up to the rest of the girls and bid them all goodbye. I was sad to see her go as well! In the limited time that I'd known her, I'd grown fond of her.

Vibha walked up to me, and took me slightly by surprise when she hugged me. It took me a few moments to respond, but I eventually returned the hug with a smile on my face.

As she hugged me, she whispered in my ears. "Watch over him...I know you're the only one who can..."

Her words confused me a great deal! Watch over Manik?! Did she honestly think anyone could control that baffling human being?!

I just nodded silently to give her peace of mind. She let go of me, and went and stood next to Raghav.

"Vibha, it was a pleasure to have you on the show! I'm sure all the girls as well as Manik will miss you! Do you have anything to say before you leave?" Raghav, asked.

"Yes, Raghav. I just want to say that it was an awesome experience shooting for the show. Besides that, I got to meet a few amazing people here! So, thanks for having me! I want to wish everyone luck, including Manik! Manik, I hope you find your true love on the show..." She said with a bright smile on her face.

I scoffed as I heard her speak. It was extremely difficult to believe that Manik was capable of loving anyone! Everything just seemed like a game to him!

Vibha waved to the cameras as she exited the ballroom.

My attention shifted back to Raghav as I heard his voice once more. "So, the competition is heating up after that interesting elimination round. Let's see what the next few days have in store for us...keep watching 'The Bachelor'-powered by Veet!"

"And that's a wrap!" The director screamed in order to alert the technicians that the shoot was complete.

The girls had started moving back to their rooms without waiting for me. Honestly, I understood the reason for their animosity towards me!

And there was only one person who was to be blamed for it! Manik Malhotra!

I had to set him straight right at this instant! I kept the rose aside on the table as I prepared myself for the confrontation.

When all the girls had exited, I immediately marched up to Manik and said. "I need to talk to you!"

Before he could answer, I dragged him away from his position rather violently.

I walked out of the ballroom and pulled him to a slightly remote corner, so that no one would interrupt us.

When I finally let go of his arm and turned around to face him, I saw an arrogant smirk on his face with his eyebrows dancing in amusement.

"You know, you're quite strong for such a small person..." He said, chuckling slightly.

His statement succeeded in aggravating my mood!

"Listen, Mr. Manik Malhotra! I know what you're up to and let me tell you, I'm not going to let you get away with it!" I said, pointing my finger at him in order to warn him that I was serious.

"Really? And what is it...that you think I'm doing?" He asked, coming closer, and tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ears, making my skin burn at his touch, once again.

What was with this guy?! He had some serious issues maintaining boundaries!

I immediately pushed him away with a jerk and said. "You're using me to make Alya jealous! And let me tell you, it's not going to work! How twisted are you? I told you the truth about my boyfriend and you did something to purposely screw up my relationship! You can't just kiss me like that..."

Before I could say another word, he pulled me by the waist and captured my lips with his for the second time in a span of an hour!

Fuck! It was happening again!

The first time he kissed me, he had been pretty gentle. But this time, he was extremely aggressive! I wiggled in his tight grip and tried to open my mouth to object. However, he used the opportunity to insert his tongue in my mouth and deepen the kiss!

Slowly, I stopped wiggling as a warm pleasure began to spread in my stomach. It seemed like my hands had a mind of their own as they travelled upwards caressing Manik's chest and neck!

My hands fisted slightly in his hair, as he moved me closer to the wall, and continued to devour my lips with his own.

My...resolve...to...resist...him...was...weakening! It...felt...so...good...

Shit! What was I doing?! I was supposed to tell him off, but instead I was letting him kiss me again!

Why was I kissing him back?!

No! Nandini! You can't let your stupid hormones win!

I did the only thing I could think of to make him stop, and bit down on his lips as hard as I could with my incisors!

He drew back almost instantaneously and winced slightly in pain.

"What the..." He said, as he realised that his bottom lip was bleeding.

He used his finger to wipe the blood on his lip as a smug smile made its way to his face.

"I'll admit...I would have been disappointed if you didn't resist me, just a little..." He said, satisfactorily, enhancing my embarrassment.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Why did you kiss me again?!!" I screamed at him fiercely.

"Because, you were complaining about the first one...that one was just a peck...for the cameras. This was a real kiss...so, was this better?" He asked seductively, as he caressed my lips with his thumb, transferring the blood that I'd drawn from his lips on to my own.

I froze at his touch once more, but regained my senses within a few seconds, and flicked his hands away harshly.

"Listen carefully, you monster! I'm not going to let you use me to hurt Alya! And I won't let you screw up my relationship with Aryaman either! How dare you kiss me without my consent? How dare you..." I was about to continue yelling but stopped due to Manik's next move.

"You know, you look like a cute red-nosed doll when you're angry..." He said, as he came closer and brushed my nose with his own.

The tenderness of the gesture sent a new wave of confusion over me! What was I supposed to make of this?! I could handle his anger! I could handle his lustful kisses! But this?! It made me weak...it made it more difficult for me to hate him...

I pushed him back and said ferociously. "Stay away from me! Monster!"

"Come on, doll, let's just cut the crap...don't pretend that you didn't enjoy the kiss...I know when a woman is enjoying herself..." He said, with a slightly exasperated look on his face.

"Just shut up! I wasn't enjoying myself! And why the hell are you calling me 'Doll'?" I asked in a tone of frustration.

"So, you're the only one who's allowed to use nick names, then? That seems unfair...if you're going to call me 'Monster'...I'm going to call you 'Doll'! Because you look just like one!" He said, pressing my nose with his forefinger playfully.

I could see the satisfaction on his face when he realised that he had succeeded in annoying me further!

"I'm clearing it up for the last time! If you try anything like this again, I will smack you right then and there on camera itself! If you thought that me pouring chilly sauce on your shoes was bad, then you can't fathom what else I can do! And Alya-I won't let you torture her, while I'm here! So just wait and see what happens if you pull such stunts again!" I screamed in a fit of anger.

I pushed him aside and decided to walk away while I still had the last word.

As I stormed off, I heard Manik say huskily. "Doll?"

I turned around instinctively without giving it a second thought and then mentally slapped myself for having responded to the silly epithet that he had given me!

He grinned at me when he saw my reaction.

"I'll be waiting..." He said with a wink.

I swallowed and made a quick dash for the exit before I did something else that would make me look even more stupid in front of him!

*****************************************

10:30 pm, 22nd February, Galaxy Villa.

I had finally finished changing and cleaning up after coming back from the ball. The ball...had been eventful to say the least! And what happened after that, I shuddered to think about it!

Why did being around Manik make me such a bumbling fool?!

Ugh! I just wanted to get out of the show right at this instant so that I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore! I didn't know for how long I could handle a loose cannon like him!

What would the girls be thinking of me after what happened with Manik?! And Alya...I had to apologise to her...

It was time for some damage control...

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the room, preparing myself for whatever extreme reactions the girls were going to give me...

With Vibha no longer around to control them, I guessed that they'd be quite unruly...

I finally entered the common room to see that nearly all the contestants were sitting there. All except Alya...where was she?

"Nandini, come and join us...we have so much to ask you!" Jeff said excitedly as soon as she spotted me.

Well, there seemed to be at least one person who wasn't angry with me!

I gave her a hesitant smile and sat on one of the stools, treading carefully.

"Nandini....so tell us, how was it?! You were the first girl that Manik danced with! And he kissed you too! Spill the beans...was it magical?" Rose asked eagerly with gleaming eyes.

I scoffed at her question and said with a sarcastic smile. "Hardly..."

"Come on Nandini, you must have felt something..." Rose clapped her hands animatedly, asking me to elaborate.

"I most certainly did feel something...I should have just acted upon my urge...and slapped him right then and there! I behaved like a coward by letting him go..." I said with a hostile expression, angrier at myself than Manik in actuality.

"Come on Nandini, how can you be so unromantic?" Rose asked me in a disappointed voice.

"It was just a peck guys...would you just chill out?" Inaaya said in a bored voice, looking at Rose.

I gulped as I heard her. Well the one on camera was just a peck...but the other kiss was...

Never mind! Best not to think about it!

"Rose...kissing someone on camera, in a country as conservative as India, without giving them any prior warning...is not romantic!" I said, exasperatedly.

I swallowed before I said the next sentence. "I'm sorry guys...I want you all to know that I had no idea that Manik was going to do that...so if I offended any of you...I apologise..."

"Just shut the fuck up, you bitch!" Soha erupted all of a sudden, like a dormant volcano.

I was a little shocked at her explosion. I knew that she was really attached to Manik, but I never expected her to react this way.

"Stop pretending, you slut! What are you doing to gain his favour? Huh? Are you sucking his cock behind our backs? Or are you sleeping with him so that you can trap him by getting pregnant? What is it?!!" Soha screeched in my ears as she pulled me up from the stool harshly.

She had grabbed me in the exact same spot that Manik had yesterday. I yelped in pain as she squeezed my wrist violently.

"Woah...Soha, calm down! Please!" Jeff immediately stood up to help me.

"Why can't anyone else see through her? This Nandini is nothing but a two faced tramp!" She yelled.

My temper was rising with every word that came out of her mouth! Soha seemed to have lost her mind altogether!

However, before I could retaliate, something unexpected happened.

Riddhima stood up from her place and walked over to us. She pinched Soha's hand profusely as Soha shouted in agony, and let go of my arm.

I had never seen Riddhima so angry!

"You can't just slut-shame someone like that! You have no right to question her character!" She yelled.

Soha seemed just as taken aback as the rest of us to see Riddhima talk back in this manner. Until now, she had been so docile, that no one knew what was going on in her head! Her outburst almost made me think that Soha's remark had affected her at a personal level! Had she been insulted by someone in the same manner? What was she hiding?

Soha lifted her hand up to slap Riddhima, but I held her hand back on time.

"Enough is enough, Soha! I have no reason to justify myself to you, but I'm clarifying one thing for the last time. I have no wish to seduce Manik, whatsoever! And you're the one who is sick in the head for thinking such awful things about me! Instead of conjuring up such conspiracy theories, maybe you should work on becoming a decent human being yourself! Then, maybe, Manik, would spare you a second glance!!" I hissed at her.

"You're going to pay for this...both of you..." She sneered at us as she realized no one was on her side anymore.

She gave one last deadly look and left from the room.

While she was leaving, my eyes momentarily flitted to a miniature camera on the wall. It was camouflaged by the wallpaper and it was the first time I was noticing it! The production team had given us no clue that there were extra hidden cameras in the house!

A feeling of fear washed over me as I realized that the entire argument had been taped by the camera! This meant that they were going to telecast the footage for sure! After all, the drama that had taken place just now would make for fantastic and sensational television!

A tear drop made its way down my cheek when I inferred that I would be slut-shamed on national television. Even though I had defended myself against Soha's accusations, some members of the audience would still believe her claims...

"Nandini...are you okay?" Jeff asked softly, as she placed her hands on my shoulder.

I immediately got a grip on my emotions and managed to say. "I'm fine, Jeff. Just excuse me...I need some air..."

With this last statement, I walked out of the room in a hurry before the rest of the tears started spilling down my cheeks.

I went out to the garden, sat down on the grass, and buried my face in my hands as I sobbed.

I couldn't take it anymore! The stress had finally gotten to me! I was tired...tired of fighting! Nothing in my life seemed to be going right! First of all, Aryaman was ignoring all my attempts to reach out to him! Secondly, dealing with Manik had been more difficult than I had anticipated! And last but not least, I was being insulted and called a slut for no fault of my own!

Why? Why did Chachi force me to come on this dreadful show? I knew something like this would happen! I just knew it!

I just wanted all of this to stop! I needed some peace! I needed music...

The thought that Manik might be singing at the poolside tonight as well, just popped into my head involuntarily.

Should I really risk it and go and listen to him play? I thought.

I could deny it all I wanted, but when I heard him sing the previous night, it had had a profound impact on me...

Maybe, just for a little while...I'd just hide behind the tree while he played, and make a quick exit later...

I got up from the spot and made my way to the poolside.

However, when I reached the poolside, I heard the sound of Manik yelling, instead of his melodious music!

I immediately wiped my tears and hid behind the tree as I drew closer.

When I peeked at him, I saw him screaming in a hostile manner into a cell phone.

Of course! The cell phone rule didn't apply to the beloved 'suitor'!

"Mr. Malhotra, I don't care if the board members don't agree! Do something to make them ratify the decision! We are investing in Sameer Anand's company and that's final!" He yelled.

His words puzzled me a great deal! Wasn't Sameer Anand...Vibha's father? And Mr. Malhotra? Was Manik talking to his father?

"Mr. Malhotra! You owe me this much at least! I told you...you will pay for keeping me in the dark about Alya! Now is the perfect time to pay for that mistake!" He screamed.

"Screw the deal, Mr. Malhotra! If you don't do what I say, I'll walk out of here, and there's not a thing you will be able to do about it! I don't care if I have to face a legal battle! I can do anything to help V." He shouted, determinedly.

Manik had just eliminated Vibha, and now he was arguing with his father to provide her help?! And what sort of a 'deal' was he talking about anyway?!

"Good...I should hear the news of the investment tomorrow...Mr. Malhotra! Or else, you'll have to face the music!" He growled into the phone, before cutting the call.

I stood quietly for a few seconds watching him...he seemed just as stressed as I did...if not more!

"Are you just going to keep spying on me sneakily every night, or actually say something?" Manik asked, staring into space.

It took me a few seconds to realize that he was addressing me! How? How could he always sense my presence?!

I stepped out from behind the tree all shame-faced and said. "I shouldn't have come here...I'm just going to leave...I'm too drained out, Manik! Main tumse fight nahi kar sakti..."

I was about to leave when his reply surprised me a great deal. "Even I'm not in the mood...let's take a break..."

He sat down by the pool and gestured me to join him.

Well...I supposed that dipping my legs in the pool would be soothing...

I sat down next to him, keeping nearly a two feet distance between us as a precaution, just in case he tried anything, that would violate our temporary truce.

"So now you know..." Manik said, with a distant look in his eyes.

"Know what?" I asked curiously.

"That there's only one person on this show who wants to be here even less than you do...and that person is me!" He said with a dry chuckle.

"So, your father forced you to do the show?" I blurted out before I could control myself.

"Yes! He's blackmailing me...I'm blackmailing him...it's just regular stuff in my twisted family! Don't worry!" He said sardonically.

From his words, I could make out that the subject of his family was definitely a touchy one...

"Manik, why did you eliminate Vibha? And why are you helping her now?" I asked.

Since he was being honest for a change, I decided to ask him the question. What harm could it possibly do, anyway?

"Because, Vibha just came on the show to try and save her father's company from going under! She wanted to get married to me so that Mr. Malhotra would invest in the company! I couldn't let her ruin her life like that, so I..." He was about to finish when I cut him off midway.

"So, you eliminated her?! And now you're willing to face a legal battle to help her out? Have you considered the fact that investing in that company could be a bad business decision? Their share price is at an all-time low..." I babbled.

"Mr. Malhotra will figure something out! He always does! Besides, my family has too much money for its own good anyway..."Manik said, firmly.

He turned around to face me and gazed at me intensely as he said. "And when it comes to helping my friends, I can go to any extent...a lawsuit is a small price to pay..."

I gulped as heard his statement. Vibha was right...he was a great friend!

If he was so protective of his friends, why did he have to be so horrible to everyone else? I couldn't figure him out!

I watched as his expression changed from determination to worry, as he got a good look at my face.

"You were crying... Why were you crying?" He asked, his eyes darkening slightly.

Shit! My damp eyes had given me away!

"I wasn't..." I lied, blatantly.

"Was it because of...because of...me?" He asked in a neutral tone.

I was irritated by his question once again!

"You don't have that much power over me, Manik..." I said in a sharp voice.

He looked away and sighed heavily, almost as if he were relieved at my answer.

"I was hoping that you'd show up here..." He said after a few moments of silence.

"Why?" I asked, thoroughly puzzled at his statement.

"So that I could do this..." He said as he turned towards me, taking out an ointment tube from his pocket.

I was completely taken aback when he squeezed out a bit of the cream on his palm, and started applying it with great care on my wrists.

So, I hadn't imagined it! He had noticed the marks on my wrists at the ball! He hadn't said anything then, and now he was actually applying an ointment on the bruises himself?!

I just sat still and let him do the job, observing the guilt in his eyes...

It felt good...it felt good to be taken care of in this way...after such a long and exhausting day...

When he was done, he placed the tube back in his pocket and said. "This...won't happen again..."

Then, he held both my palms up, and bent forward to place a lingering kiss on them with his soft lips.

My face immediately turned a deep shade of scarlet, due to his chivalrous move.

I felt a tingling sensation in my hands and a delightful warmth spread across my chest.

I was experiencing the same befuddlement I had earlier when he had brushed my nose with his...

How was I to deal with these frighteningly intimate gestures?!

He then stood up abruptly from his spot, pointed at my wrists and said, hesitantly. "Sorry..."

After that, he moved away from there at a rapid pace, leaving me jaw-dropped.

Had the monster really apologized to me?!

**************************************

11:45 pm, 22nd February, Galaxy Villa.

I waltzed back into the house after spending some quiet time at the poolside, pondering upon a number of different things.

It was quite late, but I had to use the washroom one last time, before I crashed. After all, I didn't want to oversleep tomorrow morning as well...

When I reached the washroom, I found that it was locked.

Ugh! This common washroom was really getting on my nerves!

A few minutes later, the door opened and I was surprised to see Alya step out of it.

She seemed pale yet again...was she okay?

"Alya, are you alright? You look pale...is your stomach still troubling you after you drank that concoction?" I asked, worried.

"No Nandini...I think, the dinner that I ate didn't sit right with me...that's why I spat up...don't worry, I'm fine." She said, in a slightly nervous voice.

"Nandini, I'm very tired...I'm just going to bed...good night!" She said quickly, as she started moving away from me.

"Good night!" I said, not wanting to bother her anymore.

I'd just have to apologise to her the next day...

As she walked away, I assessed that her story didn't seem entirely convincing...

I had found her at the washroom last night as well! Why exactly had she lost her temper on me yesterday?

Had she been unwell last night too?

Was I overreacting, or did Alya throw up way too many times for an outwardly healthy person?

My scalp prickled as I realised that the correct question to be asked was-Was she really healthy?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703K 34.4K 56
ⲃⲓ𝓵𝓵ⲓⲟⲛⲁⲓꞅⲉ ⲥ𐌵ⲧⲉ ⲁⲛ𝓰ⲉ𝓵 It's a story of a billionaire who is waiting for a person who loves him only as Manik and a cute angel who wants family...
163K 6.5K 49
A Secret Love Story Of MaNan No Mystery a Simple Cute Love story of our very Own MaNan where a rude arrogant businessMan is a Baby of his Jaan And A...
512K 37.6K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...
477K 37.4K 57
Its a story of a billionaire boy name manik malhotra who fall in love with nandini moorthy. She is beautiful but he is also handsome hunk of the coll...