Untamed

By Haddassa

What would you do if the family you were adopted by was actually a family of werewolves, creatures you had be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chaper 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 48

664 34 2
By Haddassa

{hope u all enjoy!}

Chapter 48

I side- stepped a punch that was aimed for my face. I grabbed his shirt, and pulled towards me. I stuck my foot out, and pushed him back with an inhumane force so he tripped over my outstretched foot. But of course, he just leaped back up. Another punch came towards my face. I blocked. Another punch. Another block. He backed up, and leaned to kick me in the gut. I dodged, anticipating the move when his balance changed.

Our bodies gave away everything. That was the first thing I had learned. Watch the other person's body.

I danced a couple of steps back, so I could get a quick breather. My fists held up to protect my face. Knees bent to keep me on balance. I lunged forwards, and tried to send a punch at his face. He grabbed my arm, and twisted it. I slammed the palm of my hand upwards, getting his nose. He lost his grip on my arm, but quickly recovered. He grabbed me from behind, making it impossible for me to get out. My head and nose were throbbing in pain.

"Gotcha baby," He whispered.

He started to nuzzle my neck. My head arched back, revealing more of my neck. He trailed kisses down my neck, becoming so into it that his grip loosened on me. I shoved my elbow back, catching him in the ribs. I pulled myself loose from the grip, and took a few steps away. I leaned over, trying to catch my breath.

"I'm done," I panted.

I was defeated. I couldn't continue on without keeling over.

"Come on. I know you've got it in you," Jace encouraged, his eye dark with his wolf on the surface. Something I had gotten used to. They were always changing. Like he was always fighting for control over his wolf.

"I can't do it!" I gasped, breathlessly.

"Come on, just for a bit longer."

Sweat dripped down my face, coating almost every inch of my body.

"I can't," I growled through panted breaths.

"Fine, we can take a ten minute break."

I crumpled to the ground in a giant lazy heap. Jace gave me an amused look, before joining me on the flower covered ground. Except he didn't just crumple down like me, he sat down like he hadn't just been avoiding punches and kicks for the past hour and a half. I, on the other hand, was panting like a fish out of water. I was even covered in enough sweat to make it look like I just came out of water. Stupid mate strength didn't help me be as strong as him.

Jace was training me. We did it at night in this clearing, with only the moon for light. We had to wait a week and a half before I was healed up enough to start training. Training was a pain in the ass. It ended up with me on the ground, sweating like a pig, and feeling more tired than ever before in my life. I had only been training for a the past five days, but I hated it with all my might. I totally regretted ever agreeing to this. Yet for some reason, every night I decided that it wouldn't be as bad as the night before, which is how I ended up out here five nights in a row.

I looked out at the clearing I had stumbled upon with Mia one day. It was a gorgeous clearing with purple and white flowers that only bloomed at night, when the moon was high in the sky. During the day it was just a gorgeous green clearing, with the buds of the flowers barely visible against the green.

I sat up after catching my breath, and grabbed my water bottle nearby. I greedily chugged the water down, welcoming the cold drink. What I wouldn't do for a little cool breeze. Sadly it was summer, so there was no such luck.

"You ready to begin again?" Jace asked me.

I gave him a terrified look while shaking my head furiously.

"Come on. It's not so bad. You've learned a lot in the past few days."

I just groaned in reply, while sucking on my water bottle.

"Maybe tomorrow night we could do something else?" Jace asked.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, why don't we be normal teenagers? We could go out to a club, like normal teenagers who aren't training to defend themselves against people who want to kill them," Jace offered.

I gave him a thoughtful look. Jace scooted over to me, and wrapped an arm around me.

"Ew! You're all sweaty! Get off!" I yelled, while pushing him away.

"Look who's talking," Jace chuckled.

I started laughing, while keeping my arms outstretched to keep him away. He just tried to get closer to me.

"You also smell! You better get off me or else..." But my threat was weak, because I broke off in a fit of laughter.

Jace stopped struggling.

"So what do you say? Normal teenage boyfriend and girlfriend night out?" Jace asked.

"Sure, but as long as we are done for the night."

"Ok then," Jace said. He got up, and helped me up to my feet. My legs were wobbly, but i did my best to hide it. I grabbed my bottle, and we both started the short walk back to the orphanage.

"So what type of club? Is it the type that you see in all the movies?" I asked.

"Yeah. I have one in mind. It's nearby, but we won't have a problem of running into anyone we know."

"So does that mean I have to wear a slutty dress and heels?" I asked.

"Only if you want," Jace answered.

"Well don't expect it. I've already exceeded my limitation of wearing heels for the century at prom. So don't expect too much."

We reached the orphanage. Curfew was later for the older girls, so I didn't have to worry about sneaking in. Most of the girls were already asleep, but I could see the lights on in my room and the middle school girls' room.

"See you tomorrow then," I said.

Jace pulled me in for a quick good-bye kiss, and then I walked out of the forest and into the orphanage. I went upstairs ready to just take a cold shower, and sleep for a week. When I got to our room the shower was in use.

"Seriously?" I asked no one in particular.

"Well, what were you expecting?"

I turned around, and saw Hailey lounging on her bed in pjs. There was nobody else in the room, which was kind of strange.

"What happen to you? Did you run a marathon?" Hailey asked.

"I feel like I did," I muttered. I sat on the edge of my bed, feeling ready to just go to sleep. But I really needed a shower.

"Were you out with Jace?" Hailey asked.

I narrowed my eyes, glancing around the room just to make sure no one heard.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Jenna is in the shower. Abby is babysitting. Chloe and Liz are raiding the kitchen for something to eat."

"That sounds like a great idea! Let's join them."

I jumped off of my bed, but Hailey jumped up to block my path.

"Not so fast. You never answered me," Hailey pointed out.

"I was. Happy?"

"Yes. I'm surprised you two have lasted this long. What is it? Like two months now?" She asked.

"Almost. Next week it will be two months."

"So, are you guys going to go on a two month anniversary?" Hailey asked, rolling her eyes when she said 'two month anniversary'.

"No! That's really corny stuff. He knows I don't like that."

"Come on, every girl likes that."

"Well I'm not every girl, and our relationship isn't a normal one," I said, feeling a bit frustrated. I sat back down on my bed. "You know, I wish he could pick me up at the front door when we go on a date, instead of picking me up at some cafe. I wish we didn't have to drive to a suburb to take a walk in the park. I wish our relationship could be normal," I said, feeling really helpless in this entire situation.

"Why can't it be?" Hailey asked.

"It's complicated, but if certain people found out I would probably end up dead."

"Is he in a gang?" Hailey asked.

"No. It's way more complicated than that. You know what, just forget I said anything."

"Ok than. Want to go raid the kitchen with the others?"

"Of course. I'm starving!" I said, doing a complete mood switch.

We both headed downstairs quietly. The girls in the kitchen weren't exactly doing the best job being quiet. I heard them squealing, and opening up stuff as soon as I stepped on the top step. It might have just been my slightly heightened hearing though.

Chloe was sitting on the island munching on some crackers and peanut butter. Liz was practically buried in the fridge. Neither of them saw or heard us coming, too involved in what they were doing. I smirked before clearing my throat loudly. I heard Liz squeal, and Chloe toppled off of the island. I started cracking up laughing with Hailey.

"Shut up before we get caught," Liz hissed, while glaring at us.

I slapped a hand over my mouth, to hold in the laughter. Hailey calmed down, and headed over to the pantry. After I managed to calm down enough, I joined Liz at the fridge. Chloe climbed back up onto the island, rubbing her arm.

"Sorry," I apologized.

She just stuck her tongue out at me. I smirked, before returning to searching for some food. I ended up settling with a roast beef sandwich, a sliced up apple, and some potato chips.

"Got enough?" Hailey asked.

"Hey, I was just working out for like two hours. I deserve a big snack."

Hailey shrugged, before joining Liz on the counter across from the island Chloe and I were on. We all munched on our snacks, while making plans for tomorrow.

I just kind of blanked out, but I think I agreed on going to a movie tomorrow. Hopefully I would have enough time to prepare for going out with Jace. I was kind of excited to do something normal. We didn't even have to go to a suburb. I was curious why, but decided to just ignore my curiosity.

After we all finished our snack we went upstairs. I took a long relaxing shower. I turned the water to luke warm so I could cool off my still hot skin. When I got out Abby was back, and the lights were turned off. Chloe and Jenna were already sleeping. I fell asleep instantly, glad for the chance to just give in to the exhaustion.

----- ----- ----- -----

I checked my phone again. Damn it where was he? I glanced around the street, as I waited in line to get into the club. No sign of Jace. Jace had said he would meet me here. But I had absolutely no clue how I was going to get in without a fake ID. I was doomed, and the line was just getting shorter. The bouncers looked huge and intimidating. Like they could just eat me up. It was hard to intimidate me, since I had been around so many werewolves. But these guys scared the crap out of me.

I tugged on the crop top nervously. I wore a loose lace maroon crop top with spaghetti straps, black wedge heeled ankle boots, and high- waisted black shorts. They weren't the kind of shorts that you can totally see half the girls ass in. I hated those, and it made shopping for high- waisted shorts nearly impossible.

Because it was raining once again, I had to wear my leather jacket. The only thing of my outfit that was mine was the leather jacket. That's the beauty of living with so many girls, you had several dressers full of clothes to choose from. Abby tried to shove me into a dress and heels, but I locked myself inside our closet. I came out, when she agreed to something more my style. She chose this outfit, except with pumps. I flat out refused, and Hailey offered those shoes. They were probably the only heels she ever wore without being forced into.

I heard my phone ding, and nearly jumped up in joy. I whipped out my phone, and checked my message. Sry. Running late. Go in without me.

"He has got to be kidding me," I muttered, shoving the phone back into my pocket, too pissed off to even reply.

I'd just have to wait out here until he came so I could get in. There was no way I was facing those bouncers on my own. I glance up at the line, and groaned. There were only a few people in front of me. I let a few girls behind me go ahead. They gave me weird looks, but didn't hesitate to skip me in line. I pulled out my phone to let him know there was no way to get in without some fake ID.

"Eliana?" A deep voice asked.

I looked up from my phone, my hair falling away from my face so I could see who was calling me. I looked up to see Aden standing next to one of the bouncers.

"Aden? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Drake, let her through. She's Cole's close friend," Aden told the bouncer, Drake.

I passed the people in line, and stood in front of Aden and Drake. The other bouncer came over.

"That's Drake and that's Mase," Aden introduced.

"So your the one that Cole's protecting?" Drake asked.

"Yeah? How do you know?" I asked.

"I have my ways," he winked. "Aden when you explained how she eats everything in your apartment, I was sure she was fat. She's just a little twig."

I glared playfully at him. Huh, they weren't so scary anymore. I guess it was just a vibe they gave off.

"Sorry to hear about what happen at the apartment with some of those other guys," Mase said.

"Nah don't worry about it. Didn't even leave a scar."

"Those nasty sons of b*tches sure do have a way of sneaking past us," he said while shaking his head.

"So you're the girl that made Cole Marks soft?" Drake mused.

"Is he coming tonight?" I asked.

"Don't think so. I think he has some business to take care of. He might stop by later, but don't count on it sweetheart."

"Hey! Some of us would like to get in! So stop chatting, and start working," Some girl yelled.

Both bouncers turned their intimidating selves towards the girl. She shrunk back into her friends. They turned back to Aden and me.

"Nice meeting you," I said to them, feeling bad for making all those people wait.

"Oh, if a guy named Jace comes by could you just let him in?" I asked sweetly.

"Sure thing sweetheart," Drake said.

I rolled my eyes, and followed Aden in. The atmosphere was definitely one of the usual clubs. The music was pounding in my ears, shaking my body as I walked. It was too loud to hear anyone talking. People were grinding on the dance floor, drunk. Aden led me through the hot sweaty bodies over to the bar. Thankfully it was quieter back here. Still freakishly loud, but I could at least hear myself think.

"Yo Grant," Aden called the bartender over. "Start a tab for her under Cole's name."

"Cole Marks?" The bartender asked confused. He shot me a strange look.

"Yeah, just do it ok."

"Sure thing," Grant said. "Could I get you anything?"

"Cranberry vodka," I told him. Grant took off to go start my order.

"Cole is going to kill you for opening up a tab for me under his name."

"I know. That's why we won't tell him?"

"He'll find out when he has to pay for my bill," I said.

"His bill is so high, I doubt he would even notice a few extra charges added to it."

"Why is it so high?" I asked.

"He pays at the end of every month."

I quickly texted Jace I was at the bar with Aden, and to just tell the bouncers his name and that he was with me. Grant came back with my drink. I thanked him.

"Could you make sure if she ever ends up here alone that you'll keep a close eye on her? The last thing we need is for someone to slip something into her drink." Aden asked.

"Sure man. You're Eliana aren't you? Heard quite a bit about you over the past week. Good job fighting those bastards," Grant complimented.

"Thanks. Could you hold onto my Jacket?" I asked, as I started sipping away at the drink.

Grant took my Jacket, before leaving to go take orders.

"How do you know everyone? You all in the same gang or something?" I asked.

"Yeah. We kind of own this entire club. What are you doing here anyways?" Aden asked.

"Jace is supposed to meet me here. He's running a bit late," I muttered frustrated, while finishing off my drink.

Just at that moment I felt strong arms wrap around my bare waist, sending tingles up my body. I spun around, and met Jace. He leaned down, and gently kissed me on the lips before pulling away.

"Sorry I'm late. What's up with you knowing the bouncers?" Jace asked, sitting down in the stool next to mine. He kept his arm around my waist.

"Friends of mine," Aden said.

"Thanks for keeping her company 'till I got here," Jace said.

"Want another?" Grant asked, appearing beside us.

"Sure. Oh, Grant this is my boyfriend Jace," I introduced.

"Hey man! Want anything?"

"Just a beer. Could you start a tab for the two of us?" Jace asked.

"Sure," he said taking Jace's card.

Grant returned shortly after with our drinks and Jace's card. Aden took off, claiming there was some girl trying to seduce him from the dance floor. Jace and I finished our drinks, and then headed out to the dance floor. The music was pumping through my veins as I started dancing carelessly with Jace. I could feel the alcohol fogging up my brain, and warming my chest. It wasn't enough to make me do anything stupid though. I loved the feeling of the alcohol, and the tingles from Jace's hands on my waist.

I threw my head back, and just let the music flow through me, as I danced in pace with the fast music as if nobody else was around. I started laughing, as I spun around to face Jace. I wanted to see his face. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as I continued dancing while looking up at his eyes. They were a gorgeous bright green. I pressed my body closer to his, as I continued to dance. Jace cupped my cheek, before leaning down. I dodged out of his arms, with a flirtatious grin on my face. I continued dancing a few feet away from him. Jace crossed the short distance between us. I spun around, so my back was pressed against his hard chest.

"Naughty girl," Jace said in my ear.

His lips brushed against my ear lobe, sending shivers through my whole body. I slowed my dancing for a moment, before regaining control over my body. Jace started trailing kissed down my neck. My head fell to the side of it's own accord. When he reached the base of my neck, he nipped a bit. I shivered, and felt my eyes flutter. I needed him. I wanted to just turn around, and take him. His lips trailed back up in gentle nips to my ear.

"Paybacks a bitch! Now I need a drink," Jace said, before vanishing.

He did it on purpose! I was left gaping at where he had vanished. He left me there, wanting him more then ever. Dirty little bastard. I shook my head, trying to clear it. He would probably take a while to find me, so I started dancing again.

After a while I felt somebody rest his hands on my waist, as he started grinding with me. I didn't feel tingles, so I instantly knew it wasn't Jace. I quickly jumped away, but crashed into somebody else. The boy who was dancing with me pulled me back towards him.

"I'm here with my boyfriend," I warned.

He just shrugged, and continued dancing with me.

"I'd back off if I were you," I warned again.

"Now why would I do that?" The boy asked with a cocky grin.

"Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you."

With that I punched him in the face, feeling my fist connect with his jaw. He stumbled back, swearing. The boy glance at me, surprised at what had just happen. All around us people were still dancing as if nothing had happen. The boy recovered, and charged for me. I waited, and watched his body to tell me what he was going to do next. His form was sloppy. He didn't even put his weight into his next punch. I could tell, because he didn't rebalance his body. I redirected the blow that was aimed for my face easily, and jabbed him in the stomach with a nasty uppercut. He crumpled to the ground. Some random guy stepped in before he could get up and try to charge at me again.

"Back off," The new random guy warned.

He had a large frame, not as large as Jace's, but large enough that it intimidated the boy. The boy took off, glaring at me.

"You ok?" A girl asked, wrapping her frail arms around the random guy's waist.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Where did you learn those moves?" The guy asked.

"Boyfriend and brothers," I replied.

"They taught you well."

I felt another arm wrap around my waist, but this one sent tingles across my skin. I relaxed into Jace.

"Everything ok here?" Jace asked.

"Yeah. Your girl just defended herself against some random guy," The guy said.

"What?" Jace growled. The couple backed away, slightly intimidated by Jace. I don't blame them. He looked like he was going to explode into the incredible hulk. Jace spun me around to make sure I was ok.

"I'm ok. He didn't even get a punch in. His form was really sloppy."

After a moment Jace loosened his grip on me.

"Told you all that training was worth it," Jace teased, once he realized I wasn't hurt in anyway.

We continued to dance for a few more hours, with a few breaks for drinks. I had stopped drinking my cranberry vodka, and swapped out for water. Well actually Jace made me change drinks after I struggled for three minutes straight with trying to get up onto the tall stool by the bar. I refused Jace's help, calling him Mr. Steroids when he tried to pick me up and put me on my chair, but then burst out into a fit of giggles that sent me right off again. Jace started giving me some food and water after that incident. By the time we left I was more sobered up, but still slightly intoxicated.

"Bye!" I waved cheerily to Drake and Mase.

They both chuckled, and then went back to kicking some drunken kid onto the curb. I laughed, and followed close by Jace. He led us to his car. He held open the car door for me when we reached it.

"Why thank you my kind gentleman."

"You're kind of fun when your drunk," Jace said.

"Hey I'm not drunk anymore. Just slightly in- intoxicated. See I can say that word without a problem," I said, poking out my tongue at him.

Jace shut my door, went around to his side, and got in. He started up the car, which purred to life.

"So did you have fun?" Jace asked.

"Yup! Who knew doing something so normal could be so much fun? Did you have fun?" I asked.

"Anytime with you is fun for me."

I felt myself blush, but quickly covered it.

"Cheesy!"

Jace chuckled at me.

"Sometimes being cheesy isn't so bad," he said.

"Oh, so you're one of those gooey romance movie guys?" I teased.

"I could be, if you wanted me to be," He said.

"Ew! Don't be one of those guys. I love this guy," I said, motioning to him.

"Love?" Jace asked.

I felt my cheeks warm up. Oops.

"Did I say that? I think I said like."

"No, I heard love. Do you love me?" He asked.

I gaped at him, mouth opening and closing like a pathetic fish as I struggled to find words to save me. My intoxicated brain wasn't helping much. Eventually I just shut my mouth, and stared at Jace. Did I love him? I didn't know what love was, but if I did it would be the way I felt about Jace. I was afraid of feeling that way. I was afraid that if I were to say it out loud, then I would just be handing my heart over to Jace. But Jace already had my heart without me even saying it out loud. My heart ached to be near him when I was away from him. I couldn't be afraid anymore. He was my mate. He would never hurt me.

"I- I think I do," I said. "I'm afraid to love you, but I have to trust you. I know you wouldn't hurt me, but I'm afraid that you might. I know it's just my mind trying to stop me from saying this so I don't get hurt, but I think I love you Jace."

Jace was staring at me. His eyes were shifting from green to black every other second. We were parked a few houses away from the orphanage now.

"You don't have to say anything back, but I just wanted you to know."

I opened the door to get out. I was hoping that he would say he felt the same way, but even if he didn't say it I knew he did. I don't know how I knew, I just did.

"Wait."

Jace pulled on my arm and tugged me back into the car.

"I love you. No matter what you may think, I do. I love you so much it drives me insane. It's not just my wolf speaking now. Look at my eyes," I did. They were bright sparking emerald green. "It's me that's talking right now, and it's me that is saying I love you."

Jace cupped my cheek. Tingles erupted on my face, heating it up to a blush. I leaned into his warm hand.

"Just remember that."

Then Jace leaned in, and kissed me. It wasn't our usual hungry for each other ones. It was a soft tender one that spoke more than words could. It was the type of kiss that felt so right, so perfect. Our lips molding as one. Our hearts pounding together. But I ended it all too soon, knowing that I had to get back before Hailey fell asleep.

{so what do u guys think? they said the L word to each other :O! Think its a mistake or will make the relationship stronger?

Thank u everyone who is reading and giving me feedback!

Please VOTE and COMMENT!!!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 98.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...