Troubled Soul (manxman) *Comp...

By tampamanatee

**Please read the entire Sex Ed series before you read this!** *Seriously, this book won't make sense if you... More

One: Cameron/ Hugo
Two: Cleo
Three: Perry
Four: Noah
Five: Hugo/ Cameron
Six: Gabriel/ Reno
Eight: Wes
Nine: Perry/ Aaron
Ten: Noah
Eleven: Cameron
Twelve: Pete
Thirteen: Aaron
Fourteen: Hugo
Fifteen: Cleo
Sixteen: Perry/ Aaron
Seventeen: Wes
Bonus: Andy
Eighteen: Perry/ Cameron
Nineteen: Perry/ Cameron
Epilogue

Seven: Perry

492 46 7
By tampamanatee

My eyes took in the bored looking high schoolers sitting in front of me. Some of them looked scared or worried, probably because they knew what I was going to say wasn't going to be a walk in the park. There was something inside of me that was actually a little nervous. I've given this talk almost every year, the same place I used to love coming to. I didn't love it because of the actual school part, but to just get out of the house. At school I didn't have to worry about my parents being absolutely awful to me. I was able to be around my best friends, even if they were absolutely clueless that they loved each other.

"And without further ado, Perry Ross."

I zoned back in when I felt Cleo's gentle touch on my hand, giving me a reassuring smile as I looked up at her. Smiling back at her, I walked out into the center of the gymnasium before thanking the principal for the kind introduction.

"Well hello everyone," I said with a smile while some mumbled a hello back to me. "My name is Perry," I said into the microphone as I swallowed my fear. "Some of you may recognize me, and for you freshman I'm a total stranger. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a drug counselor in the crisis center downtown. My work is mainly focused on teenagers and young adults, because that's when everything started to fall apart for me,"

"I graduated from this high school and had actually started at a college in Colorado. Things were alright in the beginning, even though I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. It may be a surprise because I'm a little flamboyant," I said with a hair flip. The students laughed as I struck a pose before standing up normal again. "But I really wasn't social in college. Things scared me and the fact that I was completely alone, terrified me even more. Things went even more downhill when I found myself not being able to be in school anymore,"

"When that happened, my world really started to fall apart. I got mixed up with the wrong people and got caught up in the world of drugs. Heroine consumed every little part of me, and it almost took every little thing away from me. My personality changed, my outlook on life changed, everything changed. It felt as if I was in a black hole that I couldn't get out of." My eyes wandered over the crowd before I noticed a boy close to the front. His eyes were locked on me before he quickly looked away.

"I'm not going to lie and say that you you're not going to have these temptations. There will be people out there who will try and take everything from you. They can try, but it won't work. Every single one of you is strong enough. Trust me, I was there. I know what it was like in that black hole but it does get better. What truly saved me though, were my friends. The friends I made in high school and the friends I made later in life, truly saved my life. And I didn't have a lot of friends growing up, but that's okay,"

"You don't need to have a million friends. There's going to be that one person who will truly save your life. And if you feel like you don't have anyone, I'm Perry and I'll be your best friend. I want everyone here to know that you don't have to feel alone, ever. I filter through here so much you guys will probably get sick of me. And even if you don't feel comfortable going downtown or stopping me in the hallway, I'll always be here. I know the struggle of feeling like you're alone and it doesn't have to be like that. Even if you need someone to talk to, someone to vent to, someone to hug, I'm here. And if you can't make it downtown that's okay. You can talk to your teacher; they all have my contact information. Mrs. Rosemary your guidance teacher, also has all my information. But if you don't feel comfortable talking to anyone, I've left slips practically everywhere. You can find my number, the address of the center, and practically anything else."

I talked a little more about the struggles and challenges I faced after getting caught up in that dark time. Some students asked me questions, some personal. I didn't leave anything out; I wasn't here to sugar coat anything. They asked about my overdose and if I had been close to dying. The talk really seemed to get through to some, but my eyes kept wandering back over to the boy in the front. He seemed a little nervous the entire time and I didn't want to scare him off even more by staring at him.

"I thank you all for listening to me and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here." The students clapped and they slowly started to shuffle out of the gym. Some stopped to talk to me on their way out and one student even gave me a hug. My eyes were watering by the time everyone was leaving mainly because I love being able to do this. Yes I had to go through something awful to get here, but I got through it. And being able to help others get through that tough time is really remarkable.

Cleo had given me a hug before she gathered her students and left the gym. After saying goodbye to the fellow teachers, I started to leave the now empty gym before noticing someone leaning against the wall. My heart instantly fluttered while taking in those beautiful eyes.

"Aaron?" I asked while walking up to him. He instantly smiled before wrapping his long arms around me. He then kissed my head while saying,

"Hi love."

Even more tears were filling my eyes as I stared up at him. "I didn't know you were going to be here."

"I wanted to surprise you. And god I love hearing you give your talk." Butterflies swarmed in my stomach as I grabbed his hand. We walked out of the gym as he said, "And also I have to go out of town until the weekend." The happiness got sucked out of me as I frowned.

"You do?"

"Unfortunately," he said as we walked out of the school. "You remember Henry, one of the reporters? He's actually out of the country adopting a baby with his wife. I need to go to Phoenix and take care of what Henry was originally doing."

I frowned while inching closer to his body. "How are you going to have time to do that and edit?"

He sighed before stopping next to my car. "I'll make it work, don't worry. I'm just going to be extremely busy until we get the reporters figured out. Doesn't help being understaffed in a time like this."

He then looked down at me with a smile. "But it's only Monday. And you won't be back until the weekend?"

"Sunday night at the earliest. I'm going to try and get everything done so I can get back quick. This all happened pretty quickly, I wasn't planning on having to go to Phoenix today."

"Do you even have time to go to lunch?"

His frown was my answer. "I'm sorry Perry; I wish this wasn't so rushed."

"Did you already go home and pack?"

"I did," he said while running a hand through his hair.

"Did you remember your toothbrush, phone charger, underwear? Oh did you get your computer? And your computer charger and your little notebook you use? How about-"

He stopped my rant with his mouth, kissing me sweetly as he wrapped his arms around me. He pulled back to rest his forehead against mine as he smiled. "Don't worry, I got what I needed. And if I forgot something that's okay. The most important thing I'm not able to take with me."

"Your really big Apple computer?"

"You."

"Oh, duh." He laughed before pulling me into a hug.

We stayed in a comfortable silence before he pulled back. "I need to get to the airport but I will let you know when I land."

I nodded while running my fingers along his jaw. "Can we FaceTime tonight?"

"Of course."

Leaning up, I kissed him while wrapping my fingers into his soft hair. We kissed until it felt like I would explode from lack of oxygen. He gave me a gentle smile before kissing my hand. "I'll talk to you later, I love you."

"I love you too."

I sadly watched him get into his car, giving him a small wave as he left the parking lot. When he was gone I climbed into my own car before heading home. It was too quiet in the house so I eventually got back in the car before heading over to Andy's house.

Walking into the apartment building, I walked up a few flight of stairs before knocking on his door. After a few minutes he opened the door and smiled. "Hey! What's up?"

"Is it okay if I hang out here for a little bit? Aaron had to go to Phoenix for the week but I'm sure he told you."

Andy nodded before stepping back so I could walk in. "He sent me a random text about it but I honestly didn't even respond. Want something to drink?"

"Sure."

I followed him into the kitchen before he handed me not just a glass of wine, but a bottle. "Uh thanks?"

Andy laughed before opening the bottle for me. I watched as he poured the wine into a glass while saying, "You look like you could use a nice ole bottle of wine."

"Yeah, just a long day. You know if I drink I can't drive home right?"

He laughed again while saying, "Yes Perry I know how much of a lightweight you are. Don't worry, you can stay here."

"Are you going into the bar tonight?"

"Nah, I have the night off. Don't get too freaked if you hear a knock later, someone's coming over."

"A lady friend?" I asked while taking another sip of wine. He nodded while looking at his phone. "Is this a Tinder lady friend?"

He nodded while grabbing some frozen pizzas from the freezer. "Honestly just a hookup."

"Andy."

"What?" He said while starting to heat his oven up. "Look I've really given up on the whole true love bullshit. And I'm a man; I'm kinda tired of going to bed horny and upset."

Gagging a little, I put my glass down while running my hand through my hair. "Okay gross, I don't need to know that."

He smirked before resting his arms on the island. "And I didn't need to hear you two getting freaky when I stayed over a few months ago."

I instantly felt my face heat up. "Wait, what?"

"Remember when this place had a mold scare and I needed to leave? I stayed with you guys for a little while and there was a night you guys got freaky."

"Oh my god," I said while covering my face with my hands. "I. Am. Mortified."

"Oh please its fine," he said. "Just stop being so freaky with the PlayStation."

Lowering my hands I stared at his smirky face as I asked, "What are you talking about?"

"You guys were getting freaky with that game you guys played. Geez every night you guys were slaying zombies."

"Wait, we were getting freaky with zombies?"

"What else would you have been getting freaky with?"

Smacking him on the arm I rolled my eyes as he just laughed. What a turd. "You're ridiculous."

"But no, I've never heard you having sex with my brother. And I hope it stays that way."

"Am I going to hear you tonight though?"

"I'm a silent lover so... unless this chick is a screamer." It grossed me out but also made me a little sad when he said that. Andy was such a good guy and it was a shame he couldn't find someone.

We ate pizza and drank wine before his lady friend came over. They stayed in his bedroom the rest of the night while I FaceTimed Aaron. When we were done I had started to fall asleep when my phone dinged. Thinking it was Aaron I pulled it out to see an unknown number.

Hi Perry. My name's Alastair, but Aly for short. I was one of the students you spoke to today, am I able to meet up with you sometime?

Of course, I wrote back before staring down at my glass. Before I could think about it anymore, my eyes closed from exhaustion. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 136 14
Milo and Cameron are best friends accustomed to Milo oversharing about his BDSM lifestyle so it throws everything off when Cameron asks Milo to teach...
14.8K 695 32
Caleb is openly gay and has fallen hard for Daniel, who wasn't gay until he had a crazy night with Caleb. Daniel has fallen for Caleb too, but Findin...
32.1K 1.6K 38
Diego Santiago was your average teenager. A loving mother, Christina. A great best friend, Max. Amazing and beautiful friends, Sara and Charlie. ...
1.5K 115 21
When Summer makes a bet with his best friend to remain romance free for the summer it seems easy to him. He has rarely dated or had much interest in...