The Adventures of Prince Vaje...

Galing kay wandering1234

Meet Prince Vajendra, aka the so-called spiritual Rishi of the continent of Vishaputra, a flat earth. He's a... Higit pa

Chapter 1: The Pyramid of Nahakasha
Chapter 2: Meeting Anubia
Chapter 3: The Journey to Aaru
Chapter 4: The Desert Chasm
Chapter 5: The Underworld Temple of Quaztecotol
Chapter 7: Journey to the Forbidden Isles
Chapter 8: The Globe
Chapter 9: Biya
Chapter 10: The Colony
Chapter 11: At the walls of the Xiahuteli City
Chapter 12: Tusculum
Chapter 13: Haxamanis the Thief
Chapter 14: The Story of Delios
Chapter 15: Haxamanis's Journey
Chapter 16: Yadanib the Scribe
Untitled Part 17
Untitled Part 18
Chapter 19: Montchever
Chapter 20: The City of Nagapatnam

Chapter 6: The fight with the God of Lizards

9 2 1
Galing kay wandering1234

We had walked through the city of the Xiahuteli. Ball courts surrounded the main plaza, while huge palaces shouldered over us. It was like a city of humongous buildings clumped together. Merchants bartered with each other's stock, farmers were harvesting their crops and I could see all kinds of women, from poor to rich. It wasn't unusual for the women to have them look at me. I was handsome, to a degree. There were temples for each part of society; warriors, ball players, and an huge observatory that I had never seen before. Our guards guided us through the city, not forgetting to meantion every single detail. It was odd. Only a moment ago, we were still in chains. All except Chauncey, who by this time was just planning his micralous but crazy plan in his mind.

God knows what he was thinking about.

There, the Temple of the Plumed Serpent stood right in front of us. The stairway leading to the temple pointed towards the setting sun. The temple was alight as night descended upon us. Every slab was bursting with colour. The serpeant heads were at the corner of the temple as we ascended towards the cornice. Every step I took, a procession of priests wearing head dresses and plumed hats. After walking what felt like hours, we finally reached the cornice. The city was beautiful to look at this from point of view. We entered the cornice and suddenly what had seemed so small had transformed into a big room. The temple's corners were full of green, light shining above. A great golden stone formed the shape of a throne as a Reptillian God, possessing the body of a human curled his fingers. Guards surrounded the main circle that stood at the centre of the temple. Mines extended down below, and bridges were built upwards for an entirely new city.

I had to admit, the cornice was very deceiving. Beautiful courtesans and servants offered tribute towards him. No wonder Chauncey had slept with one of them. The God, Xaxarta stared at him. 'Captain Chaucney. What a delight, oh and a pleasure to see you again.'

Chauncey laughed nervously. 'Xaxarta...lovely to see you again.'

Xaxarta arose from his throne. 'You know, that women of mine was a slag. She was rude, unfaithful. It is no wonder then, which she slept with a beggar like you.'

Ouch.

Xaxarta summoned his staff and pointed it at Chauncey's nose. 'So I propose a deal. You messed with a God. You shall reap the consequences. However, there is a chance for you. Did you fulfil my request to bring a hundred thousand souls?'

Chauncey shrugged. 'Thing is, I couldn't mate. I don't kill people for naught.'

Xaxarta grimly smiled. When Gods do that, be prepared for the worst. 'I knew you couldn't do it...so you will suffer for this. I shall have you as tribute and feast on your soul.'

Chauncey wasn't impressed. 'Really? That's all you could come up? I must say, I am a bit disappointed mate.'

Xaxarta was taken aback. No mortal had ever talked to him like that I guess. Even the Guards looked shock. 'What do you mean-'

Chauncey was having real fun here just by the delight spreading on his face. 'No, no, you should come up with better dialogue next time. Besides, you're just a skanky stinky God that no one eve's heard off.'

I wondered what Xaxarta would have done then. Instead, he roared. 'Be quiet mortal! I will have you punished, you will serve me for a century. And you stole my concubine. My most favourite!' To be honest, seeing the God almost whine in protest was absolutely boring.

I watched Chauncey stagger like a drunkard before stopping. 'May I remind you, O mightiest of the mightiest God, that no, your concubine tried to sleep me. Yes, you are an idiot. And no, you look ugly. And never did I intend to become a slave to you just to get you...all that money. All this boils down to the insignificant fact that right now I am here to you...to kill you.'

Glancing back at the group, they were shocked to see a pirate talking so comfortably with a God. Guess they never saw the real side of Gods.

That took courage. The Serpent God waited for a second before shouting. 'Damn you! I'll curse you to the underworld for this! I should have never struck a deal with you.'

Chauncey grinned. 'Course ya' don't strike deals me. The name's Chauncey, Captain of the Flying Duck, now if you'll excuse me..' he said, slowly walking backwards, before running down the temple pathway screaming as a bunch of soldiers chased after him. 'Oi! Wait for me!' I could hear his voice screaming as he ran up the stairs and finally arrive at the mining zipline. Ripping his tshirt, he put it on the zipline and swung in the air.

I moved quickly, kicking the guards to the ground. Watching Chauncey, the zipline broke with a zap of Xaxarta's staff. Chauncey held the rope as it slipped from his hands. Swirling around, he tried to look up and down, screaming. Rebecca freed herself while the Orc bellowed, smashing any unfortunate human with his fist. Blood spilled everywhere.

Chauncey swung on the rope, before the rope stopped and was about to be cut by Xaxarta's temple staff that had arrived to cut it with their spears. His expression told him everything. The rope cut. Chauncey yelled finding himself into the black abyss. I turned to Rebecca. 'We have to distract Xaxarta or Chaucney will be finished.'

Rebecca spat. 'And why should I care for a pirate like him? I was planning to put him in jail for what he did.'

Yeah that wouldn't work one bit. 'If you don't mind now, I don't have time for your ramblings!' I pointed to the scholar who wacked a temple guard with his book. The Mage's staff rumbled, shooting out an explosion of magical power towards Xaxarta. With my hands, I threw shastras, arrows and spears at Xaxarta. The God slithered, almost trying to give a grin. He swung his staff as it retracted the forces back to us.

I jumped taking Rebecca down. Rebecca stared at me furious eyes. I couldn't care less. I ran towards the stairs walking up my way to the zipline which was already broken. As I looked down however, there were plenty of mining trucks and miners still continued to walk on the bridges. Rebecca and the Orc smashed their way into the Temple Guard, fighting sword with spear. I had to find Chauncey.

Somehow a rattling occurred into my ear. A staff hit me as the Temple Guard seized me and grabbed me, putting his dagger straight at my throat. Two more Temple Guards pointed their spears at my stomach. I couldn't move one bit. I tried to move, but I couldn't. They were going to choke me. Minutes passed before my neck was beginning to strain. The spear's pointy edges only tortured me. I couldn't take it anymore.

Out of nowhere I heard this. 'Yaaleeeeeedeeoooooo!' The Temple Guards turned to see Captain Chauncey in a mining carriage, only this time, it had wings. The Temple Guards were knocked down, before Chaucney grabbed me as I jumped onto the carriage. Chauncey was navigating the whole thing.

Pirates do have exciting lives.

Suddenly Chauncey swung the carriage, I was taken aback, forcing myself on the edge of my seat. Any minute now this carriage would break and that would be the end of us even as we flew in the air. Chauncey tried to navigate it but the carriage was stubborn, resistant. Rebecca signalled to us. Fat chance. Chauncey gestured to the columns and down to where Xaxarta hissed at the Great Orc, where the two creatures fought each other like beasts.

He was going to crush Xaxarta. A risky plan. More of the Temple Guard had flooded into the main plaza, archers arriving everywhere. Arrows avoided us, as I summoned a spell to deflect arrows. Chauncey gave me the wheels. 'So long Vaj! See you on the other side.'

I sighed. 'You know this won't work,' I said as the carriage dropped faster.

Chauncey grinned. 'Course I do, I'm Captain Chauncey! Of the Flying duck, and ah-'he screamed as he fell out back into the abyss. The Temple Guard shouted to each other, arrows narrowly avoiding him as he fell, screaming. For a minute all of us were distracted. Chauncey was screaming, falling down into the mining abyss once again, crashing into bridges. All the miners mining laughed at him. This was a joke. I summoned a Varuda, a human bird to pick him up. The human bird came and took him up, helping him to avoid the arrows that were being fired at him.

One of the Temple Guard shouted. 'Oi! That's cheating!'

I shrugged, laughing a little bit until I reminded myself. Rebecca. She was still fighting the Temple Guard on a bridge. I turned the wheel and made my way straight towards the bridge. Rebecca swung her sword as a Temple Guard yelled, screaming into the abyss. I grabbed her along. Incidentally the scholar had arrived with her as well. Rebecca stared at me, and slapped me.

I saved this woman's live so many times, and yet she had the audacity to do that. 'Stop flying around like an idiot and help Nagal defeat that Serpent God.'

I was in no mood to help her. 'No. I'm helping Chauncey.'

'What do you mean helping that pirate? We have more bigger things to worry-'

'Why don't you shut the heck up?' I screamed. I couldn't tolerate her anymore.

Rebecca stared at me with a very furious glance. She was dangerous. But I couldn't care less now. I watched Chauncey land with an aching back near the main plaza. Chauncey ran, being chased by the temple guard. He walked up the columns, jumping from column to column, grabbing one of the ropes. He swung wildy, cocking his pistol as he shoot at barrels of gunpowder. The temple shook but it did no damage to the column. The Temple Guards fired their arrows, as Chauncey tried to distract them off.

The Orc smashed his hammer into Xaxata's flesh. The God smirked, before his flesh revitalized again. The Orc bellowed. Chauncey grabbed the rope, running around the plaza, before jumping, landing onto the stairs. A great swivel stood at the edge of the main plaza. He ran to it, thrusting the lever. The plaza shook, as the temple began to break down. A cannon stood at the edge along with the remains of a Lazzarian ship. Chauncey lit the cannon, as it fired, he grabbed the rope. Swinging the rope, he pushed his legs to the maximum as he swung behind Xaxata.

Xaxata looked around before his face was met with stinking feet. The Serpent God roared, shooting his staff every time. Chauncey smiled, pointing his pistol at Xaxata's eye. I moved in, pushing the flying carriage into Xaxata's body. Enraged, the God spat out a huge flaming ball towards my carriage.

We all jumped and fell down into the main plaza. Xaxata transformed into a huge reptile, only his head had been replaced with that of a skull. Xaxata grabbed the orc and smashed his body against the wall, while he looked at Rebecca, slapping her away against the wall. 'You think you could stand up against me Chauncey?' he said, turning to see Chauncey almost nervously shaking as the Temple Guard surrounded him. Xaxata transformed the scholar and mage into huge coloured pots. Rebecca looked in shock. 'You're the most idiotic God I've known! They were mute!'

Xaxata shrugged. 'So what?'

He turned to Chauncey. 'I will eat you, and I will dominate the world. No God shall stand in my way, no man shall be powerful enough to stand against me, no one, I repeat, and no one will survive.'

Chauncey grinned. 'Excuse me, mate. You've got one thing wrong mate.'

Xaxata laughed, a great booming voice surrounding the atmosphere. 'Your tricks won't work me. You may be mischevious, but you are nothing in front of a God.'

Chauncey shrugged. 'Except mate, I already set the lever. You wanted a hundred thousand souls right? I released them when I pulled that trigger thing.'

Xaxata laughed even more. 'How? How could the great Captain Chauncey do this?'

Chauncey smiled before taking his pistol and shooting at the abandoned ship's mast. The ship awoke, light glowing. Xaxata peered closely. A hundred thousand souls came from the ship. Not for anyone else, but for vengeance. Xaxata bellowed, pulling his hands on the souls. The souls cheered, revealing ghastly forms. They had been the souls he had eaten.

Chauncey kicked a Temple guard before seeing a barrel placed near the walls with explosives He took his pistol and shot. The temple shook, the ground breaking down. Walls and rocks came upon us. The Temple Guards fled, while Xaxata screamed to them to attack the souls. No one was going to face them. Chauncey ran to us, as the Orc grabbed the two pots which so far hadn't been destroyed. I grabbed Rebecca who was under a rock, pulling her to my back. We fled along with the temple guards. Xaxata's screams echoed into the chamber, but I couldn't care. Chauncey saw an airship attached to the outside entrance to the Cornice. We ran towards it. Xiahuteli Guards seeped on it. I put Rebecca down on the ship.

Using my powers, the two guards were lifted into the air before I thrust them into the universe. Chauncey bellowed. 'Hands on deck!' I used my powers to put the pots back into their human form. They were positively shocked. The Orc went to work on unfurling the sails. I cut the rope as our airship flew into the air. We heard a great explosion, as I turned to see the Cornice rumbling, power sucking in before it exploded into a great fire. Xiahuteli Guards and priests were making their way up to it.

****

A few hours later, I turned to look at Chauncey as he placed his hands on the wheel, as we flew into the sky. 'I still cannot believe we made it out of there. How did you do it?'

Chauncey grinned. 'Thanks Vaj, but to be honest mate, that God isn't the last you've seen of him.' He grimaced.

'What is it with you and Gods? You always seem to get in trouble.' I said.

Chauncey shrugged. 'And what is with you, you can talk to Gods! Why didn't you use your powers then, would have helped me one way or the other mate.'

I smiled. 'If I did, then this story would be over. Plus, unfortunate what happened to the crew and the ship.'

Chauncey didn't matter about the fact that he lost the ship. I think he was more glad to be alive than anything else. 'Doesn't matter mate. Besides, we're in a different world. You know what I mean? Positively assumptions nothing blah.' He said mumbling to himself. 'You've got any rum?'

I searched for the bottle near the deck, but it wasn't rum, it was a glowing green and amber drink. 'Some strange Xiahuteli drink, will it do?' I passed it over to him. Chauncey grabbed and drank all of it. 'Ah! All of a sudden I feel refreshed.'

'Well, let's hope we don't get into trouble next time.' I said, before the two of us glanced at each other and began to laugh. Only I didn't notice Rebecca come up to us. We stopped laughing. Chauncey nodded. 'Right I'll leave it to you two then.'

Rebecca came forward to me. 'You know you're the worst idiot I've ever met.'

'Ok listen, I know you don't like me, I know you hate, but please, please don't slap me.' I said as I noticed her coming to me. Was she going to slap me now? I still had my powers ready.

'No. I'm going to give you something you'll remember for the rest of your life. And this, is my...' she kissed me. She actually kissed me. The women that had hated me, was now kissing me. I couldn't believe it. I could not believe it. I could not think it was happening. 'Thanks, 'she said breaking the kiss. 'For saving me.'

Well, I had my chance. 'Erm...thank you...' I said. She smiled, hugging me. She took me to bed. Our wild screams and romps could be heard in the night. Only I wondered if Chauncey was looking around. I smiled, stroking her hair. What an event. I had met this women who hated me, I had encountered Gods and Temple Guards, and now in Chauncey's cabin, I slept with her warm body. She was beautiful. No doubt about it. I sighed, before Chauncey's snores woke me up.

Damn pirate.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.6K 127 42
Primsharah will become the center of a deadly play, with the powers of the gods themselves at stake ... *** Refusing to watch his family crumble bene...
54 16 3
Various conflicts and evils plague the territories controlled by the Imperial rule, bringing unthinkable terrors back after hundreds of years. In an...
21 9 14
"You will be reborn as hope, My boy Milagro, Oh sorry its Kaan now." "What Reborn!!?" What is this stupid god of tales saying. *** Kaan born to bring...