Chapter 11: At the walls of the Xiahuteli City

I then looked towards Chauncey towards our ship. The Lazzarians had surrendered. Mackenize barked orders to his men to ready the ship. Me and Biya stood together. 'Now we go to the Xiahtueli Colony.' Except that wasn't going to happen just yet as I heard another voice. I turned to see an Elven Commander's stern face glaring at me.

'You are on the ocean of Arasator! The Great King! How dare you human, step on these accursed lands?'

I turned to see a Great Elven Ark, far bigger than Chauncey's and Mackenzie's ship. Its tall buildings stretched into the sky. It was more of a fortress of stone built on a wooden platform. Elven Archers hurried inside the colonnades and walls before stretching their arrows at us. We were in big, big trouble. Funny. Elves were always a bunch of arrogant stubborn fools. It's no wonder the world had gotten quite fed up of them. They were too numerous.

I smiled. 'The name's Prince Vajendra, Rishi of the world. Perhaps you've heard of me?'

The Elven Commander's blank face of expression revealed how much of an idiot he was. 'No. Never heard of you.'

Biya thankfully saved me. 'He's a powerful Rishi, Elven...'

The Elven Commander smirked. 'Lothor. Admiral Lothor. Admiral of the High Seas, loyal servant to his majesty Noronor IV. I demand that you humans withdraw from this place. You step in the land of Arasator's weapon. It is not meant for mortal hands.'

I shook my head. When these Elves would under-estimate the value of humanity, that was what led to their downfall. 'Listen here Lothor. I'm on a mission with two pirates to find the colony of the Xiahuteli. Surely you'd be aware of the Lazzarian prescense?'

Lothor nodded. 'I know it. But the Lazzarians and Elves have an agreement to pass unmolested. This is not our fight human.'

Lothor was foolish. I was doing a deed that did not really require my time. I couldn't have gone and saved those Xiahuteli when they were being chained and whipped by their Lazarian masters. But I decided to do it. At least in this world, good deeds had some effect. Humanity is like that. It's stupid. It is arrogant as putting two fishes on a book. But at the end, they're far more capable than any stupid emotion. 'Admiral Lothor, innocent human beings are whipped there. Not to mention your Elven Brethren. Do you really think the Lazzarians won't betray you?'

Lothor smirked. He had given in. 'Well. That was a point well made. Even if I agreed with you, you would not know of a Xiahuteli city governed by Achaqone would you?'

We all shook our heads. Lothor nodded. 'So to get to him, you must defeat those Lazzarian Captains that fled. Who was the tax inspector that came with them?'

Kane answered for us. 'I know him. Juan. He's the most feared agent in the Lazzarian World. Shame he didn't recognize me though, 'he chuckled.

Lothor sharply retorted back. 'When I want your opinion Templar, I'll ask for it.'

Kane rebuffed him. 'I say rather rude of an elf isn't it?'

Lothor ignored him. 'Juan will have discovered the weapon of Arasator by now. If the Lazzarians get their hands on the weapon the fate of the whole world will turn into jeopardy. Being a Cholan, I don't think this is hard work for you is it? You're a man that's told to speak with the Gods.'

I smiled. Finally, he'd been bluffing all along. I was indeed famous. 'Indeed I can.'

Lothor coughed nervously. 'Could...you put in a word for me?'

Here we go again. 'I will. But first, to the colonies! Mackenzie's ship will meet us at the iron colony. From there, I, Chauncey, Biya and you will go to the city. We'll all benefit anyway.'