𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 | toget...

By babixdoll

i didn't say 'i love you' to hear it back, i said it to make sure you knew. (previously titled 'in this toget... More

TOGETHER.
OPENING CREDITS.
THE PLAYLIST. 𝗉𝗈𝗏: 𝖼𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗉 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝗂𝗆
AESTHETICS.
ACT I.
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
ACT II.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
ACT III.
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
ACT IV.
Chapter Fifty-Seven
NEW VERSION

Chapter Thirteen

4.3K 118 12
By babixdoll

"Spirit in the Night"

So, a lot has happened over these last few weeks. Firstly, Lucas finally got the courage to break up with Brooke, and he told me that he did it because he wanted to be with Peyton. But she ended up telling him that losing Brooke wasn't worth it to her. Brooke figured out what was going on between them, which meant that they two of them were in a fight now, so I was kind of stuck in the middle of them right now.

But I made it clear that I wasn't about to pick a side.

Lucas even ended up sleeping with some random girl, which made me disappointed in him. I know that it was fair to be disappointed in him, but I always thought that he was better than that.

Secondly, Deb came to the decision that she really actually wanted to divorce Dan. Which made that Nathannwas stuck in the middle of the two of them, and they were both trying to have custody over Nathan. Which actually kind of annoyed me. I loved Deb to bits, she was like a second mom to me, and she was clearly the one that wanted Nathan to stay with her because she clearly loved him.

But as for Dan freaking Scott.

He only wanted Nathan to live with him, because he just wanted to spit Deb and get her all annoyed at him. Plus, he just wanted her to change her mind about divorcing him, which was kinda annoying. She's made it clear that it was over but he just wasn't having any of it, and he even resulted in threatening to drag up things from Deb's past. Which didn't seem fair to me at all. Nathan ended up deciding to go and live with his father. Dan ended up trying to bribing him with things, including a new car, which Nathan excepted and never gave back to him. Deb ended up tell Nathan about the things that Dan was going to tell Nathan, which kind of made me mad, because it just made Nathan more confused about what he wanted to do. She told him that along time ago that she had an affair.

Which resulted in Nathan not wanting to live with either of them, so I decided to help him out. We found out the he was able to get emancipated from his parents, meaning that he was able to live on his own. Nathan also ended up tell me about what had happened the night he left my house in a rush, and it just made me hate Dan even more. But I loved the fact that Nathannwanted to protected me from getting so stressed by it. Because with this pregnancy I have a high chnage of having preeclampsia, and neither of us want that, so I had to keep my blood pressure at a steady rate and not get stressed or do to much.

But on a happy note, I revealed to Nathan the one thing he I never really told him about. I told him about how I enjoy playing the guitar and how I like to sing, and once I had finished performing a song to him he said he he really enjoyed it and that my music was going to take me to huge places. Which I loved to hear him say, I loved it when he supposed my dreams.

Also, on another happy note, I got a change to watch Jenny. Jake asked me to watch her for him, because his cousin was getting married and he had one to looked after her for him. So, I graciously accepted, because I did need the practice after all because my daughter would be here in about two months, which I was excited about.

Anyways, it was time for the Annual Classics. Which around this time my sister got really bitchy, she even got bitchy at me and I was the captain. But this year she was extremely bitchy because this year she was the captain, and she just wanted to win once, because of the last four years we had lost. To the exact same team every year. The two of u always worked so hard on the choreography but we never seem to get the win.

"Ready?" Brooke asked the girls. They were having their practice outsie and not at the normal practice time because it was the classics, and I was sat on a bench by the group of them because I couldn't join in with them. I watched as they did the routine that Brooke and I came up with.

"You can shoot! You can't score! You will beat us nevermore. Go Ravens go!" The girls cheered, and then I looked over at Nathan seeing that he was a approaching me, I looked over at my sister and gave her a look and she nodded her head. I pushed myself off the bench and walked over to Nathan, slowly.

I wasn't walking to Nathan slowly on purpose it was just because my bumb had gotten to big over the last four weeks, that the extra weight was making me walk slower then normal.

I was now 8 months pregnant.

"How is it going?" He asked me, while he wrapped his arms around me, and I wrapped mine around him.

"Brooke is being a bitch. . because it's the Classics. I feel like I have to pee every five seconds. . but I am every glad that I get to join you at the Classics this weekend." I said, and Nathan's smile grow wider. The two of us weren't completely sure of the doctors would let me go on the trip to Charlotte, but this morning they gave me the all clear for me to go, all I had to do was not do to much and keep my blood pressure down at a steady rate.

Nathan had also been looking for an apartment that he could live in, considering that he was officially emancipated from his parents. He also informed me that he was looking for a place with two bedrooms, because if I ever wanted to move in with him, Paige would have her own room as well. "You and me in the same hotel? This weekend just got interesting." He said, and I rolled my eyes but I still kept my smile on my face.

"Nathan, you and I have spent a lot of times in hotels together at way games. . the only difference is this time we are more then friend. But besides you won't wanna spend time with me. . I'm literally huge." I said, and we both laughed. Nathan then pulled me into a side hug and kissed the two of my head. "How did it go?" I asked.

"I got the apartment." He said.

I smiled. "Hey, that is awesome." I said.

"I drained my savings. Paid first and last month's rent." He said, and I smiled, as I gave him another hug. I am really proud that he finally stood up to his parents, and decided it was time to walk away from them. Not forever just until they sort their crap out, and leave him out of it.

"That's fantastic!" I said, excitedly.

"Brielle, your time is up. Step away from the baby daddy. . I need you're help over here." Brooke yelled over at me, and I sighed before leaning up and kissing his cheek and then I turned and slowly walked over to my younger twin sister.

"Sorry about that." I said, when I made it over to my sister, and she nodded her head.

"It's cool. I'm just about to check their formations." Brooke said, and then I glanced over at the girls seeing that they were holding their hands up in V shapes. Brooke placed up and down in front of them as she looked at all of them individually.

"Okay, Theresa, terrible posture. Pinch that penny. Bevin, you need. . need a breath mint. Peyton. . nice form. An excellent betrayal of a best friend. Wrong. . wrong. . wrong!" Brooke said.

"Here we go." I mumbled to myself.

"You guys! This weekend is the Classic. It's our biggest cheer competition. Aren't you sick of Claire Young and the Bear Creek Warriors. . taking home the trophy every year? Because I am. And i know you always prefer Captain Brielle Davis, but she can't cheer this year so I am standing in as captain. . and I really want to win this year. We need to get it together, and I'm not just talking about our routine. I'm talking hair, nails, underarms. . Theresa. " She said, looking at the girl.

I know she said that they prefer me as captain, but that is all because I always tell them to have fun before a championship. I'm not a strict captain like she was being, but I have to give it to Brooke if she did it this way they could probably win it. I had also kind of considering having her stay captain. Now, would this mean I would stop being a captain all together? No, I love being a captain, but I wouldn't mind being co-captains with Brooke. If I'm being honest that is how it should have been in the first place.

"Brooke, cheerleadering supposed to be fun." Bevin said.

"Yeah? Well, winning's funner. And if you don't like it, you can go cheer for the wrestling team. Take five." Brooke said, before the girls all started to walk away. Then Peyton walked over to my sister, and I made the decision to walk over to the two of them, because I really didn't want them to get into a fight, maybe I could try and keep some of the peace.

"Okay, you know what? You hate me, I get it. . fine. Just don't take it out on our squad." Peyton said, and Brooke put her arms over her chest while she gave Peyton a hard stare.

"Everything is not about you, Peyton. Did you ever think that I'm being a psycho-hose-beast because I want us to do well this weekend? Those judges are not as forgiving as I am." Brooke said.

Peyton let out a laugh. "Funny. . I didn't know you were forgiving at all." She said, before she walked away from the situation, and then my sister turned to me and I just throw my hands up in surrender at her.

"Don't get me involved in this!"

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"I don't care how important this tournament is, people trump pom-poms! We can't fit all of the crap on the bus." Whitey was telling my sister, after she had asked him if it was alright for him to take our bag of pom-poms on the bus with him and the guys.

"Fine! You be responsible for 9 very pissed-off cheerleaders." Brooke said.

"Couch, if we're short on room, I can drive." Nathan suggested, and Whitey looked at my best friend and shock his head.

"No, no, no. . forget it." He said.

"Why not? I can fit all that crap in my trunk." Nathan said, and Whitey seemed think that there was no point in arguing with him as his face slowly softened.

"Alright. .-" He said, and then he pointed his finger at Nathan. "-. .but you stay right behind the bus." He said, and Nathan nodded his head.

"Thanks." My sister said, before she got onto the bus.

"Sweet. Come on. . Bree." Nathan said.

"Uh. . actually I asked Lucas to save me a sit." I told him.

I hadn't spoken to Lucas a lot over the last month, as I have been dealing with my pregnancy and all of the risks of it. I had also been help Nathan out with his parents and stuff, so we had only had the time to hang out at least one or twice over the month. So, I asked if he could safe me a sit so that was could talk about everything, and just spend a little time together.

Nathan laughed. "Come on, what are you? Third graders. Let's ride in style." He said, and I looked over at Nathan's car which was the one that his father tried to brib him with. Nathan walked over to his car, while I walked over to the open of the bus, where Lucas was sat.

"Hey, Lucas. I'm gonna catch a ride with, Nate. Are you alright with that?" I asked, only because I didn't know if it was mean to make plans with him and then just go back on them because Nathan asked me go with him.

"Yeah, it's cool. . no problem." He said, and I gave him a weak smile before I made my way over to Nathan's car, but while I was I noticed walking over to the bus.

"Hey. . Haley, are you coming this weekend?" I asked her.

She nodded her head with a smile. "Yeah. . Lucas asked me to come with him. So, I thought, why not." She said, and I gave her a smile, at least Lucas wasn't going to be alone now.

"Cool. I'll see you at the Hotel."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

So, because I'm a Davis I was stuck rooming with my sister and our best friend. Normally, I would have enjoyed spending this time with the two of them, but with the bing in a fight. I know that this girl was going to be a long one, and I just hoped that they wouldn't drag me into it anymore. Because I can't not be stressing about them right now. We walked into our shared room, and I throw my things down onto one of the beds and Brooke did the same thing, on the other bed that was in the bedroom. Which made that I would obviously ended up sharing a bed with one of them, which I didn't think was fair considering I was the pregnant one. Or I'll just go and share Nathan's bed with him, it would be the first time that we had since I have been pregnant.

We used to do it a lot when I lived with him for like the first four months of my pregnancy, and we had done it a few times since then. But if all of us are in rooms assigned in alphabetical order, that would mean that he is currently sharing a bedroom with Lucas. That would have been way to awkward for my liking, so I guess I could just go and stay with Haley of this ends up getting to much for me.

"So, which bed do you want, the window or the door?" Peyton asked, looking directly at my sister, and I guess considering that she is going through a hard time eight now I'll just share a bed with Peyton, and give her the space that she needs.

"Whatever."

I sighed and looked between the two of them. "Brooke, please can we just make the best of this. You know, I can't get stressed out to much about things." I said.

Brooke is the only other person that I told about what's going on with me. She is my sister I was able to tell her anything. Peyton also know about it all because Nathan had told her about it when Lucas was in the hospital, and I couldn't go and see him. Brooke turned her attention to me, and nodded her head. "Fine. But I am not doing it for Peyton, I'm doing it for the squad. Call it a cheer truce." Brooke told us. Peyton nodded her head and set her stuff down on the same bed that my things were on.

"That's fine with me." I said, before I opened up the door and walked out of the room, and Brooke followed me close behind. Together we went down to the lobby to check out the hotel and everything. While we were down there we saw someone I know that Brooke wasn't going to be happy to see at all.

Claire Young.

Now, I may have been the cheer captain but Claire always seemed to hate Brooke a lot, not really sure as to why, my sister never fully explained the situation to me. To be honest, I didn't have anything against the girl she was just some that I saw a few times at away games, never really paid attention to her. When Brooke saw Claire she gathered up all other the cheerleaders and took the back to our bedroom, and Peyton was in the room that connected to ours, that was in fact Jake's bedrrom. Brooke walked up and down the room, and I could tell that she was really stressed out about all of this.

"Guess who's in the lobby? I'll tell you. Claire Young and her little ho posse. We are going down there." Brooke said, and Peyton nodded her head.

"Okay. . and if an angry dance-off breaks out, I got your back." Peytom said.

"Great. Just don't stick another knife in it." Brooke said, before she picked up some deodorant and tossed it over to Theresa. "Theresa, I want you to hit those and cover that zit. Points off for complexion. Let's go." Brooke, as she left the room.

Peyton went out following her first, everyone else followed closely behind them and I was at the back off everyone because I know if I walked ahead of them I would only slow them down. We all made it down to the lobby where the blonde was standing with the rest of her squad, I was hoping that there weren't going to be any fights because I couldn't deal with that.

"Hi, Claire. We just wanted to wish you good luck this weekend." Brooke said, once we reached her. I hot past the other girls on the team and stood next to my sister, while Peyton stood the other side of her.

"Um, we've won four years in a row." Claire informed.

"Including Claire for best choreography." Another girl on her team said.

"Yeah. . so maybe you should keep your luck for yourself. By the way, who are you again?" Claire asked, and I could tell that had made my sister made.

"You know who I am. Brooke Davis. . cheerleader for the Tree Hill Ravens. . but this year I am the Captain of the Tree Hill Ravens. We roomed together last summer at Spirit Camp." Brooke said, and then she looked over at me and I nodded my head letting her know that it was okay that she had just called herself the captain.

"Right, right. Do the Ravens lose every year? Where is the real captain? Did she leave because you sucked to much?" Claire asked, and I stepped in front of my sister, and I know I shouldn't have because it wouldn't be go for me but I did it anyway.

"No, I am right here. And for you information Brooke is the best damn cheerleader on the team." I snapped, and then I started to go light head and my vision went bad and then I felt Brooke and Peyton grab me and they help me over to a chair.

"Here drink this." Peyton's said, as she handed me a bottle of water, which I took and drank a lot of it.

"Whatever. See ya." Claire said, before her and her squad walked away from us.

"On it is so on!"

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

It was now later that day and I was walking down the hallway of the hotel, so that I could go and met Haley and Lucas. I felt about about leaving Lucas like I did, so I asked him and Haley if they would grab a pizza with me. Plus, it kept me away from all of the cheer drama so I didn't let my blood pressure get to high again. Suddenly, I felt some grab a hold of my arm and lightly pulled me into a room. I started to freak out a little, but when I realized that it was Nathan I let out a breath of relief and then he landed down to kiss me which I kissed back, and when we pulled away I punched him in the shoulder. "Nathan, you scared the crap out of me." I said.

"Sorry, Bree. I just had to see you. . and we're not supposed to have girls in our rooms, so we gotta keep it covert. But I wanted to know how you were doing, I heard about what had happened earlier." Nathan said. He told me earlier that Whitey had been really strict on the boys and they were really allowed to do much. "But I heard about what happened earlier. How you feeling?" He asked.

"Nathan, I'm fine. . our daughter is fine. I promise you." I said, and then I kissed his cheek.

"Okay. . as long as your fine and our daughter is then I'm fine to. Hang out for a little bit." Nathan said, and I would have loved to of hung out with him but I promised Haley and Lucas.

"Oh. . I can't, Nate. I'm going to me Haley and Lucas and have some pizza with them. So that I can keep away from the cheer drama a little. I think I'm late actually." I said.

"So be later. We got a whole hotel room to ourselves." He said, and I laughed a little, because it wasn't like that we could do anything. Nathan pressed his lips against mine again, and I slightly laughed while I kissed him back. Even though we had a little set back a month ago we work on it and pushed right through, and now we were more official then we were but were went completely together yet, but felt like we would be official soon. The two of us pulled away when we heard the foor opening, and when we looked over we saw Lucas walking into the bedroom.

"Sorry, I thought we had plans." He said.

"We do."

"No, just do you thing." He said, and then he turned around and let the bedroom. I looked up at Nathan and patted him on the chest before I walked out of the room to try and catch Lucas.

"Lucas. . Lucas, come on don't make me run. . please wai. .-" He turned around and cut me off.

"-. .Bree, it's cool. Go be with the father of your baby. . your best friend. I'll go and met Haley by myself." He told me, before he turned around and walked away from me. I watched as he walked away and I frowned to myself, I just wanted to hang out with a friend who wasn't into the whole cheer world that much. I turned back around and walked back into Nathan's room, and at on his bed with him, and I had my head laying on his legs.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked me, as she ran his hand through my hair.

"Yeah."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"I can't believe the nerve of the third-rate Britney, trying to protend that she doesn't recognise me." Brooke said, while I was walking with her and Peyton. Whenever the two of them are together, I'm going to be with them as well because I just want there to be peace this weekend. For me and for them. For everyone.

"Are you still obsessing over this Brookie?" I asked.

"You made out with her boyfriend at camp." Peyton said, and my eyes widened, at least now I know why Brooke and Claire have never gotten along. I don't see why Brooke never told me, until less she did and it was back when I tried to block out everything that she said to me.

Which I don't do anymore.

"I didn't know they were dating. . unlike some people." Brooke said, and I sighed because I saw that one coming. But to be fair to her she did kind of have a point, not that it was a good idea to bring it all up. "And besides, he was a yell leader. He was gay anyway."

"Ladies. We're sneaking out after curfew. Spread the word, okay?" Tim said. My sister shock her head as she walked over to him and grabbed his ear.

"Tim, stay the hell away from Bree's squad." She said

"Okay, okay!" Tim said, and Brooke released his ear from her grip. Tim continued on his way while the three of us walked over to the squad, who were standing around Thersea.

"Theresa, I thought I told you to lay off of the chocolate." Brooke said as we approached them, and Theresa was actually covered in chicken pox. "It's a good thing I have an acne mask."

"Brookie, that isn't acne." I said.

"It's chicken pox. Karen called my parents. I'm out. . thank god. I miss, Bree being the captain." She said, before she got out of her seat and left the rest of us alone. Brooke groaned and turned her attention to me.

"Okay, could this get any worse?" She asked me.

"Brookie, it's okay. Just rework the routine. . I'll help you." I said.

"How, Bree? It's perfectly crafted for nine girls, remember." She said, and she was right, we had to really work had on the choreography for this routine because there is normally ten of us. But with me sitting this one out there were only nine girls not ten.

"Okay, so we'll find a replacement." Peyton said.

"Great idea, genius. Who we gonna ask?" Brooke asked. I looked over at Peyton thinking that was a stupid idea because there was no one in the building that could help us and then my eyes widened realized that I know the perfect person for the job.

"It's okay, Brookie. . I got this. I know exactly who we can ask to help us out." I said, and then turning around and leaving Brooke and Peyton behind before they could see anything to me. There is only one person in the building that could be asked, because she wasn't apart of any cheer team.

Haley James.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"No way!" Haley exclaimed, when I had got to her hotel room and told her the idea that I had. It seemed now that I was going to have to beg one of my closest friends to do me a favor.

"Haley, come on. Please." I said.

"Brielle, you know that I am a born klutz, okay? I almost drowned in the balls at Chuck E. Cheese." She said, and I laughed at her, because she had never told me that story before.

But to be fair she was a small person.

"Okay, but if we don't find a replacement we'll have to forfeit." I said.

"Don't you guys lose every year since grade school anyway? What's the big deal?" She said, and I sighed, i knew she wouldn't understand how important that this really was.

"It's important to, Brooke. . she's my sister, this is her first year that she has ever got to play the captain role, and she wants to win this year. Plus, between all of the Drama going on with her and Peyton I think this will bring them together again. . because I can not deal with being in the middle of that." I said.

"Bre. .-" I cut her off.

"-. .just think about it, please."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

Haley came to the decision that she would fill on the place for Theresa, and we asked Karen if it was okay to practice and she granted us permission to stay out past curfew so that we could rework Haley into the routine. I knew that Nathan was going to kill me for helping out this much, and kill me for not going to bed at a reasonable time. But Brooke needed my help and I was going to be there for her as much as I could. We were in the hotel ballroom working on the routine.

"Five. . Six. . Seven. . Eight. No, no Haley. It's feet together, apart, then clap." Brooke said.

"Okay, I'm really trying." Haley said.

"Try, harder. Cause we're on in 12 hours." Brooke said. Haley gave her an evil look, and I looked up at her on the stage and gave her an apologetic look, and she nodded her head understanding that Brooke was just stressing out. I then heard footsteps, so I quickly looked over to see Claire and her cheer squad walking over to us.

"Aw, cute routine girls. Too bad those moves are so '03. Where'd you find your choreographer, anyway? In the yellow pages under "S" for sucks?" Claire asked, and I shock my head at her. Not only we she insulting my sister she was insulting me now I was the one who come up with most of the choreography.

Oh I totally take back what I said about not having a problem with her, I totally do.

"No, I think that's where she found your boyfriend." I said.

"Hey, Bree. It's okay, don't let her get to you." Brooke said. But I didn't listen to her, and I wish I really had because the next thing that happened was a terrible terrible thing.

"No, she can't just come in her. .-" I trailed off as I walked over to a table a placed one hand on the table and the other of my forehead because I started to feel dizzy and light headed and I was burning up.

"Bree. . are you okay?" Brooke asked me, but before I could give her answer I fell to the floor.

"Bree! Bree! Bree!" I heard Brooke say as she fell to the floor next to me to see if I was doing okay, and to actually see what she going on.

"Get Nathan." I whispered.

"Someone go get, Nathan! Now!" Brooke screamed.

"Hey, hey it's going to be okay Bree. I promise you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

525K 11.1K 79
Ash and Pikachu are sent back in time to prevent a major tragedy that could happen in the future. Ash, though turned into a teenager again, still has...
31K 778 23
Allie Bazor is considered one of the it girls at Tree Hill High School, along with her two best friends, Brooke Davis and Peyton Swayer. When a new f...
2.6K 50 9
Janie Howard is Jackie Howard's twin. She's younger by three minutes. When their family passes away in a tragic accident they go to live with the wal...
22.1K 477 21
❝ 𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗿, 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗿! - 𝗔 ❞ ≻ in which rachel garcia starts getting threatening messages after her best friends mur...