Handle With Care

By aismovingalong

"I dream of a better tomorrow, I can't have that without you." When Luke's parents are involved in a tragic c... More

INTRODUCTION
1. The First Appointment.
2. Spilt Coffee.
3. Black Swan.
4. Public Information.
5. Don't Dream It's Over.
6. Karaoke Date.
7. The Purple Sky and Prettiest Girl.
8. A Million Meanings.
9. Wedding Preparations.
10. The Best Best-Man
11. He's Single, She's Single.
12. Dance In The Dark.
13. Couldn't Be Happier.
14. Wrong type of Love.
16. Unprofessional.
17. With care, please
18. Pretty Gross.
19. Love To Go To Hell.
20. What I Want, I Can't Have.
21. She Who Shall Not Be Named.
22. The Comments.
23. Vegas Baby!
24. Clubs & Casinos.
25. What Happens In Vegas...
26. A Night to Forget.
27. A Bad Idea.
28. Old Me.
29. The Best Years.

15. Proper Christmas Dinner.

277 16 6
By aismovingalong

HANDLE WITH CARE

15. Proper Christmas Dinner.

L U K E

Today was Luke's last session before Christmas in a couple of days, he was both relieved and rather upset. The therapy clinic was having two weeks off, so the workers and clients could all spend time with their families for the holidays.

He wasn't sure what he was doing for Christmas. He had text his brother to see what he was doing yet Luke had only just then been told that Jack had a long term girlfriend in which he was spending Christmas with, with her parents too. Jack invited Luke along but Luke politely declined, not wanting to interrupt his brothers love life anymore than he already had.

Realistically, he wanted to spend it with his parents, in their old house in Australia with its large living room where they would always have a massive Christmas tree. He loved spending Christmas with his parents, his dad would always make an amazing roast as his mum was professional with decorations.

He let out a sigh, continuing to scroll through whatever was on TV to distract him for a few hours until he had to go to his session. Their was absolutely nothing on, and he couldn't stand just watching some random crap to pass the time. He debated on reading, but that wasn't really his forte, that was the same with cooking, or drawing or anything like that.

The only thing he did enjoy was playing instruments, and he was wondering if maybe he should pick that up again. Surely it can't be as devastating as he had made it out to be, it was literally his life only a year ago, he can't just throw that away along with the deaths of his parents.

Picking himself up, he slowly stepped his way to his favourite room in the house, where all the magic happens; which wasn't the bedroom, but actually Luke's music room.

In the centre of the room was his piano, which he adored more than anything else in this room, it was a joint gift from his parents as a congratulations for making #1 in the globe, and just being able to pursue his dream in the most innocent, respectable way they could of ever hoped.

Along the wall in which the door was in was all of Luke's guitars, many of them he bought himself but a few were gifts from friends, family, and even fans. He greatly appreciated when people got him guitars as they were something that shaped him into the man he is today, and each one has its own story or song.

On the wall on the left was a built in shelving unit that consisted of all the awards him and his bands mates had won over the years, it was three shelves high and it was nearly evenly full, Luke couldn't of been more proud of his team and he loved this wall, it let him know he was doing something right.

And lastly the wall opposite the door was one big glass plain, looking out the city that was currently bustling with the afternoon traffic.

Luke placed himself down on the piano seat and played a few keys, the begging of one of his own songs simply flowing from his memory. He spent the rest of the afternoon in his music room, even building up the courage to pick up his song book and read through the messy lyrics and tunes he had gotten down. 

Time flew by now and it was finally time for his appointment. He was thrilled to tell Annie about his improvements at home, and he couldn't wait to make her smile again. God, he was in such a good mood right now and honestly all he wanted to do was grab Annie by her cheeks and kiss her.

Knocking on her door, he removed his beanie and shook out his hair. It hadn't stopped snowing since Luke's last appointment it was about up to his ankles, some of the roads closed and others being gritted at that moment.

Annie opened the door, leading Luke into the room as she gestured that he could put his coat on the radiator. The session went pretty normally for the two, Luke had told her all about his development and she was beyond happy for him, so proud that he made the decision to try again.

"So, what are you doing for Christmas?" He asked, sipping from his water which Annie kindly got for him.

"Uh, Nothing, probably order Chinese, watch the Grinch maybe. You?" Annie didn't see anyone for Christmas, she didn't want to and she didn't really have anyone to visit anymore anyway.

"Staying home, my brothers suddenly got a girl friend who he's spending it with. So-um-where about do you live?" It was a very peculiar question but Luke didn't think it was too unreasonable.

"I don't think it'd be appropriate for me to tell you." Annie answered, raising an eyebrow as he raised a finger in defence.

"Technically it wasn't appropriate when we kissed... and besides, you've been to my house, it's only fair I have a small idea of where you go after all this." He pointed out, giving a pretty valid argument that Annie couldn't argue with. Her cheeks had embarrassingly tinged pink, she thought they had moved passed the whole kissing thing.

"Fine," She huffed, telling him her whereabouts to which he stated he was familiar with the side of the city, not that it was too far away. He could actually picture where she lived, it was a nice house, which surprised Luke slightly, he thought she might be living in an apartment like himself but he guessed being a therapist was better pay than he originally thought.

"I'm afraid that's all the time we have today Luke," Annie stated, pointing to the clock which indeed indicated it was time for him to go. "Have a lovely Christmas and keep this positive head on you, it's wonderful." She smiled, handing him his coat and watching as his face creased up in delight from the compliment.

Before Annie could make any other movements, Luke wrapped his arms around her body and hugged her close, his face buried into her hair as he squeezed her. She was beyond shocked, her hands stiff at her sides as her eyes grew wide. When she realised Luke wasn't pulling away any moment soon she hesitantly placed her hands on his back, closing her eyes and feeling his breath tickle the skin of her neck.

"Thank you for being so amazing and helping me, it really is working," he breathed, squeezing her a little tighter. He started to pull away but not before planting a quick kiss to her cheek, whispering, "Have a merry Christmas."

Annie rolled her eyes, shoving him out the room slightly as she bit on her bottom lip grinning as she could feel her heart beating beneath her skin, feeling so alive again. He had an equally large grin, shaking his head before waving a quick goodbye and leaving, practically skipping home.

-

He didn't know what he was doing, standing outside Annie's house in below freezing weather with a neatly wrapped gift in his hands. He should just go home, spend Christmas alone like what he had originally planned.

The snow was sinking through his clothes and onto his skin, immediately causing his hand to raise and knock on the dark blue door. He heard a dog bark and he couldn't quite remember what Annie said her dog was called, Mo?

The door opened just a slither, a singular pretty brown eye leading round the corner before the door closed again, the chain being unlocked before the door swung open once more.

"Luke?" Annie was baffled, feeling as though she might of been dreaming. She was in some yoga pants and a large jumper she bought herself for Christmas, her hair was in two French braids and her face was make up free. She hadn't felt so comfortable and unprofessional in a long time, and the fact that Luke was seeing her like this made her slightly embarrassed. "What are you going here?"

"Well, I was thinking about how you said you were spending Christmas alone," he started, teeth chattering as he could feel the bag on his back start to freeze to his skin. "And I was alone too, so I was thinking... why don't we be lonely together?"

Her smile was homely, kind and warming, nearly enough so to help Luke actually warm up. She was magnificent and he was so happy he had decided to come here, even if she did say no, at least he got to see her today.

Her lips pressed against her teeth, her dimples appearing as she opened the door wider, motioning him inside before closing the door behind him.

Luke hummed at the warmth, noticing how she had a shoe stand so he toed his shoes off, not wanting to ruin her carpet or anything. Her dog, a black German Sheppard, came running towards Luke, sniffing him and wagging it's tale widely.

"Bow, calm down," Annie chuckled, leading the now familiar named dog into the living room as she motioned Luke to follow her. Luke gazed around her house, he wasn't sure what he was expecting but it wasn't this. She had a huge living room, along with a kitchen through the door and some stairs leading to the next floor.

"You have a wonderful house," Luke commented, feeling as though the solve was beginning to grow uncomfortable.

"I was just about to order the, Uh, Chinese... did you want something?" She asked, picking her phone up as she tapped it with her finger, not actually pressing anything just yet.

"Oh actually!" Luke swung his backpack round the front of his body, unzipping it and digging out multiple boxes he had bought. "I bought these at the supermarket, I think we deserve something more than just a Chinese?"

He pulled out the Christmas dinner necessities of two potatoes, carrots, broccoli, stuffing and a small chicken. Annie's eyes bugged out of her head, surely this wasn't real, but Luke began laughing at her expression so maybe he was just this insane.

"Why do you have a chicken in your bag?" Annie noticed how it was wrapped in another bag and, to be fair, it didn't look like it would take up much room, but the mere oddness of his act baffled her.

"I was thinking we could have a proper Christmas dinner." He shrugged, hoping he didn't sound or look like a complete lunatic.

"And you expect me to cook all this?" She commented, pointing to the various foods.

"Uh, no? No, no, no, I'll cook it. Just point me to the kitchen," he nodded, having no clue as in to how someone cooks a Christmas dinner. He followed Annie into her kitchen, it was very homely, it looked more like a Mum kitchen but it suited Annie nicely. Luke laid all his food out and rested his hands on his sides, looking at it momentarily before his attention was averted to Annie, reaching on the top shelf for two wine glasses.

"Do you want-" Luke started to offer, noticing how Annie was slipping in her fluffy socks as she reaches to get them, but she just managed, smiling as she placed them on the counter.

"I'm fine doing what I'm doing, but if you want to have this Christmas meal on Christmas, you might want to start cooking." She chuckled, going into her wine cupboard and grabbing some red wine, pouring equal amounts into both glasses.

"You're going to be shocked when you taste just how amazing this is," Luke pointed out, thanking her for the drink before doing something to the chicken. Annie laughed, a cute, snorting laugh that Luke had never heard from her before, but he absolutely adored it, everything about it. From the way her nose scrunched and her eyes creased, to the showing of her teeth and wobbling of her chest.

"You're laughing now but in an hour your going to be apologising, this is going to be great." He commented, hoping to hear the squeaky laugh again.

"If you're only cooking it for an hour then I can guarantee it's not going to be good." Annie shook her head, scrolling on her phone as she searched for Christmas dinner instructions. Handing it to Luke, she sat back and watched as her client began cooking Christmas dinner in her home.

This wasn't right.

Sooooo busy lately n also I'll be working a lot more near Christmas

SONG OF THE WEEK
You Say - Sarah Close

Thank you for the comments and votes and reads
Please vote and COMMENT
lotta love
A x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 31K 146
[COMPLETED] "Because I'm dumb. I'm scared. I'm a coward. I can't come to terms with anything. I love him but I'm not capable of loving him. Does that...
503 63 15
"Hey, hey, no need to be crying, or shaking, we're normal people," Ashton says. "We're idiots, sometimes," Luke chuckles. "Idiots who have po...
1.2K 167 36
You wanna know the real reason why Luke and Michael hated each other at first? A girl, with the most beautiful long dark brown wavy hair. Eyes so blu...
61 35 23
Renae and Calum were perfect together. They loved each other. But after two years of fighting and problems she ends things. Now Calum is no where to...