The Knights of Grimm - Act 2...

By Cosmic_Fictions

Mistral has fallen, the Knights of Grimm are killing all life on Remnant and Death is hatching some sort of s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Identities
Chapter 2 - Rumours and Lies
Chapter 3 - Arachnophobia
Chapter 4 - The Architect
Chapter 5 - A Man Of His Word
Chapter 6 - Watch The World Burn
Chapter 7 - Mr Hyde
Chapter 8 - Adam's Tale
Chapter 9 - There Was A Crooked Man...
Chapter 10 - Meeting the Master
Chapter 11 - A Long Waited Explanation
Chapter 12 - Return To The Emerald Forest
Chapter 13 - Axzura Vex
Chapter 14 - Formido Falcem
Chapter 15 - The Theatrics of Suffering
Chapter 16 - Sapphires and Snowflakes
Chapter 17 - Injured Warriors
Chapter 18 - Challenging Death
Chapter 19 - President Thaddeus Brimstone
Chapter 20 - Fear's Aftermath
Chapter 21 - Making Preparations
Chapter 22 - Entering the Library
Chapter 23 - The Medallion - Pt. 1
Chapter 24 - The Medallion - Pt. 2
Chapter 25 - Blackjack
Chapter 26 - Venator Spectris
Chapter 27 - An Opportunity of a Lifetime
Chapter 28 - Closure
Chapter 29 - The Lord of the Wood
Chapter 30 - The Curse of the Leshen
Chapter 31 - Lapsus Eques Auratus
Chapter 32 - The Last Traveller
Chapter 33 - The Traveller's Journey - Pt. 1
Chapter 34 - The Traveller's Journey - Pt. 2
Chapter 35 - The Traveller's Journey - Pt. 3
Chapter 36 - The Spectre and the Phantom
Chapter 37 - No Destiny
Chapter 38 - A Suicide Mission
Chapter 39 - The Tethys
Chapter 40 - Cruel Sea
Chapter 41 - The Volcanic Chain Isles
Chapter 43 - Arkos
Chapter 44 - Laying the Trap
Chapter 45 - Battle of the Roses
Chapter 46 - Triangle of One-Eyed Warriors
Chapter 47 - Remember Me?
Chapter 48 - Protect the Relic
Chapter 49 - Axzura's Rage
Chapter 50 - We Have To Go
Chapter 51 - Home
Chapter 52 - Cabin Battle
Epilogue

Chapter 42 - Polendina Returns

56 3 0
By Cosmic_Fictions

Kassius

They both stand up, flabbergasted at what they are looking at. Yang's eyes are bursting from their sockets when she looks at Penny as she approaches. She pinches her own arm to make sure that she is not hallucinating, but she feels the sharp rush of pain from her nails pressing together on her forearm. She gasps from the sudden pain and flaps her arm around to shake the pain out. Penny walks over to them, and the small female android has suffered some punishment in her repaired body. Her arm reattached, upper half of her body repaired and her legs put back together. However she has suffered a hole in her flank where cables are dangling out and scorch marks have been formed across her body. Some fabrics have been torn off in places but she does not seem overly bothered by it. Yang slowly approaches her and she looks at Penny. "Penny?" She cautiously asks, nervous in case if she is some kind of Merlot Trap. Luring them in to kill them, but it is definitely Penny from her mannerisms.

"Hello again, Yang! I've missed you!" She squeaks as she wraps her arms around Yang and lifts the much taller girl off the floor as she swings her back and forth in her hug. Kassius draws his swords, still unsure if this is to be believed. He knows of Penny because he saw the footage of Pyrrha accidentally tearing her apart with her semblance, due to Emerald messing with her head. Yang holds her hand out to Kassius, turning purple from being held so tight, as Penny always did.

"She does this." Yang strains with tears being pushed from her eyes, like a sponge being squished to push the water out. It feels like a year until Penny releases her and Yang captures her breath again, hands on her knees, looking up at Penny. Yang is still bewildered right now. "How – How?" She stammers as she looks at her brand new body, walking around her and looking at her. She looks exactly the same, apart from the damage done to her from something.

"My father was very kind, he rebuilt my body completely." Penny gleefully tells her, bouncing on her toes with a big smile. Kassius flicks Lash Equinox downwards, the blades fold back into the hilt and he approaches Penny. He is starting to come around, trusting her in the same way that Yang seems to.

"You father?" He asks her.

"Professor Merlot!" She happily answers, her head bobbing towards him and they both look at each other.

"Merlot built you?" Kassius asks her, Yang standing beside Penny, still trying to see if this is actually real.

"Yes! He said that I was destined to save the world one day! Seems the tournament was not that day." Penny explains, shrugging from the memory of her death. Kassius looks at Yang and then at her.

"Penny, do you remember what happened?" Kassius asks her.

"Yes! Pyrrha Nikos accidentally used her semblance on me, somebody got into her head." Penny explains, and they eyes widen in disbelief at how she really does know the truth of what happened to her. They both look at each other with just their eyes and then back at the small android.

"How did you know that?" Yang questions with a raised eyebrow.

"Because it happened to me." Penny answers literally.

"No, the whole thing of her being tricked?" Yang corrects to make it clearer for Penny. Penny nods her head, understanding what they are asking of her now.

"I have diagnostics, and I detected that somebody was making her see things that were not there when I was about to launch my swords at her. I never expected it to lead to that, however." Penny explains, looking down at the floor with guilt in her big green optics. Yang smiles as she places her hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, you didn't know – and neither did Pyrrha." Yang assures her. Penny looks up at her friend and she smiles sweetly. Yang then looks at the hole in her side and she then looks up at the face of Penny afterwards. "How did that happen?" She asks her.

"Oh nothing, just when I was sent here to examine the area in my pod, I got struck by lightning." Penny says casually and Yang looks at her with widened eyes at how serious that would be for a human being. And she is just saying it is an annoying hindrance to her. "I don't know why they – um...sorry what were we talking about?" Penny asks, and Yang's eyebrows furrow when she notices her just completely forgetting everything that they just said. She scratches the orange synthetic fibres of hair as she stands there, looking at Yang. She gasps, her eyes widen. "Yang! Salutations!" She cheers.

"Uh – Penny? We were just talking." Yang says. Penny looks at her with a confused expression.

"We were?" Penny questions.

"Yeah." Kassius agrees. Penny touches the back of her head and she sighs as she feels something there.

"Oh! Of course, I must have lost it in the crash!" She giggles.

"Lost what?" Yang inquires.

"My memory processor, I can remember things but I forget things just as easily." Penny explains, showing the missing plate in the back of her head and where the processor should be. She laughs and then looks at Yang. "I guess you could say I: lost my mind!" She jokes with a big smile. Yang has a very short but loud laugh that retorts in response to Penny's pun. Kassius legitimately jumps at the sudden and short loud laugh that Yang made and he looks at her. She smiles at him and he sighs, rolling his eyes at the pun. Yang now has a new reason to love this little robotic girl who has returned from the...grave?

Kassius looks back at the cave that they fell from and he clenches his cybernetic hand into a fist, gritting his teeth. "No offense...but we're wasting time." Kassius says as he looks back at where the hole is. "Penny? Is there a way to get back up there?" He asks her. Penny nods and she starts to run towards the cave that she walked inside of, which goes outside into the rain and the bushes. Yang looks at Kassius and she nods, and they follow the little one outside into the rain. Penny walks through and she watches the area for any signs of Creatures of Grimm. She looks back at them and then points at a hill ahead of them.

"Up here, that is where that cave comes out. If your friends are still trapped down there, we can get to them through here." Penny explains, walking up the hill. Yang catches up to Penny and walks with her. Penny clearly remembers everything, but her processor must make her forget things at time, but the memories return over time. "How's Ruby, does she miss me?" Penny curiously asks, and Yang rubs the back of her head.

"Yeah...but Penny – did you know that your father has been helping capture her?" She asks her, and Penny's eyes widen.

"Ruby's been captured? My best friend is being hurt?" Penny queries with fear for her best friend's safety. Not only that, but it further proves that she does have a soul.

"Yes, that is why we came here. She has been taken here to get them in, inside of one of those ships." Yang explains to her, filling her up on everything she has missed. Apart from the bigger things, like what happened to Beacon after she was killed and what has recently happened to Mistral. Unless she already knows, they've no idea of how long she has actually been repaired for.

"They must be taking her to the chamber, I examined it when I came here...I...can't remember very well though." Penny stammers, walking beside Yang. They walk up the hill, and when they get to the top, Penny stops them all with wide eyes. Yang and Kassius look at her, her hand stretched out to stop them, her huge eyes looking around the landscape where she has detected something nearby.

"Penny? What's wrong?" Yang whispers to her, thunder claps every now and then do cause them to jump and be startled by it all. Penny turns to them and she hears the sound of heavy footfalls approaching.

"Grimm...I only just escaped it last time, get down." She advises, going prone on her belly and the other two do the same, lying down on the muddy floor and wet grass. Yang keeps her hair behind her head so then she can see whatever is there. Her clothes are getting drenched, soaked through, and she is already shivering from the icy cold temperature. The footfalls reverberate through the soil, and then they hear the deafening bellow of the monster that has arrived at their location. The titan is a huge reptilian looking creature, as tall as an Aircraft Hanger with a pair of shorter arms and three claw-like fingers. It has a muscular and armoured body with huge Therapod legs, three sharp toes splayed out in the soil. It's head is massive, covered in white armour and red markings and huge teeth to clamp down on its prey. Sharp jagged crests above its eyes as it stands there, short spikes run down its spine and to its long brawny tail.

Yang's eyes widen in horror when she sees that thing. "Is that a Dinosaur?" She questions with horror.

"A Grimm Giganotosaurus..." Penny answers quietly, and the titanic creature walks around, sniffing the air, water running down its black and white body. Water splashing up from every step it takes in the area. "It nearly got me earlier..."

"How do you know what it is?" Kassius asks.

"Know what?" Penny asks.

"The Giganotosaurus." Kassius repeats for her, her failing memory processor clearly having issues. It seems it is more like short-term memory loss rather than long-term. It makes sense, since she does remember things, but when in the middle of a conversation, she can completely forget what they just said. At least she remembers everything back at Beacon; she just needs to find a replacement processor to stop forgetting things so easily. She snaps back into action, remembering everything again.

"Oh, yeah right." Penny remembers, shaking her head. "My father gave me information on some of the things in the world; this thing was one of them. A really rare creature of Grimm." Penny explains to him, seems Merlot really did come prepared for her. But there is one thing on Yang's mind with Penny's situation right now.

Why didn't Merlot wipe her memories after he repaired her? There must be a reason for that; the man is not a fool.

But she does not say these things aloud because she does not know if they can fully trust her yet. The Giganotosaurus walks around, searching for anything to fight and it roars to the sky with fury, and it walks away from their location, the tail disappearing into the trees as it leaves. They were very lucky that the monster did not see them. Yang sighs with relief when it leaves; her eyes flit over to Kassius who is next to her. "Of all the islands Salem could be interested in...Why couldn't it be a pretty one with no Grimm?" She sighs as she stands up, looking up at the swirling winds above her head.

"Sunny skies, blue seas, palm trees and coconuts." Kassius adds with a chuckle as he walks with her.

"And we get this one." She sighs.

"Just our luck I guess." Kassius shrugs, and they continue to follow Penny towards the cliff face.

Oscar

They have been running as fast as they can, keeping their eyes on their surroundings. He stops time when he sees a Gargoyle in front of them. Whilst Yang and Kassius have been searching for a way back in with Penny, he has figured something out. Since they are extremely fast, their strength when being spotted does not work in this time. Meaning he can actually kill them as long as he slows down time. Of course, the Gargoyles are still stronger than he is and he will be weak after a while of using his Semblance over and over again. He sprints at the Gargoyle and the stone shatters around its form and it roars at him, slashing its claws straight at him. He jumps in the air and swings his fist right across the Gargoyle's face. The Gargoyle grunts, snarling in anger as it rolls across the floor. It swings both its arms back, the wings on its back spread out and it bellows, flying towards him. As the Gargoyle glides towards Oscar, the Pine Boy grabs its wing and forcefully smashes it against the wall and kicks it off the edge, causing it to plummet into the sea. He ends his frozen point in time and he follows them. Neptune helps him up after he staggers from exhaustion. "Oscar! Come on! We need to keep going!" Neptune heartens for the boy and they run as fast as they can across the steps that keep on moving up and up and up.

Another Gargoyle appears in front of them but Nora yells, swinging her hammer across its body with all her might, causing the creature to explode into little pieces of stone that tumble down the edges of the cavern. Luckily they have some pretty heavy hitters down here that can completely blow their bodies to bits. Ren sprints extremely fast and an Acolyte of Lien stands behind a pillar and aims at him. Ren jumps in the air and he pushes both feet against the wall for a second jump, and he slashes both curved blades of Stormflower across the Mercenary's chest. The Mercenary staggers, still alive from the attack and he tries to shoot. Ren roundhouse kicks the Mercenary, and finally jumps in the air, firing them both into his chest. The impact of the green dust rounds sends him flying off the edge and into the pool where the Krastax Shark was once patrolling. Ren lands on both feet and he keeps up with them.

The orange light from a lantern glows round the corner that keeps on moving up and up, hopefully towards an exit. The light is that of a flame, and when they turn the corner, Ren is smashed across the face with the lantern, throwing him against the wall. He looks at what held the Lantern, a Wraith floats down the steps. The hood shrouding its face and the monstrous roars coming out of its body. It holds the sword in its over hand and swings straight at him. Blake uses her semblance to throw a shadow in between them and the Wraith slices through the shadow. Blake sprints at the Wraith and jumps gracefully in the air, kicking it up the head and she zooms towards it to slash it with Gambol Shroud and its sheathe. However the Wraith is smart, it bursts into red flames and vanishes, appearing behind her, swinging the lantern and the sword in a pirouette attack. Blake deflects the attacks and rolls away from the Spiritus Sanctus. Jaune, Sun and the Architect stand behind them, keeping their eyes on their rear in case of any Gargoyles that try to intercept the battle and kill them whilst their backs are turned to them. One of the Gargoyles appears in the shadows after Jaune spots it, turning it to stone, it glares right into their souls with fury in its eyes.

Blake forms an ice shadow clone of herself just as the Wraith goes in for a second attack, pushing the sword forward to stab her in the stomach. But the blade until enters the shadow and the ice gets the Spiritus Sanctus stuck for a moment. Long enough for Blake to jump over it and slice her sword up its spine. Black smoke pours out from the wound, and it makes a haunting howl of pain from its wound. She goes for a second attack, but yet again, the Wraith vanishes elsewhere. It appears behind her and strikes her down the head with its lantern, making her go dizzy for a couple of moments. Sun hears her cry of pain and he looks back with worried eyes. "Blake!" He yells. When he looks back, there is now a second Gargoyle stood there.

The Wraith floats towards her to finish her off, until Kragen Nox rushes the Wraith with his staff and the Wraith vanishes in a burst of red flames and attempts to strike him the same way it did to Blake. But Kragen is clever and he knows their tactics. He uses the other end of his staff to deflect the blade and he dodges the Lantern with impressive speed. He charges his staff up with his eyes and he smirks, jumping into the air and with both hands he smashes the staff down onto its head to finish it off, white light passing into its ghoulish form, solidifying the shadowy being into stone. Winter runs at the stone and she slams her swords across them, destroying it once and for all. "Come on!" Kragen calls to the others who watch the Gargoyles. They run backwards with them and they keep moving as fast as they can. But the Gargoyles are just as fast; every time they look back they can see that they are right on them.

"They're on our ass!" Sun yells.

One reaches out and grabs onto Jaune's hood, stopping him in his tracks and he yells with horror when he feels the hood being tugged. Sun stops and he looks at Jaune, seeing him being restrained by the creature. He runs over to him, keeping his eyes on the Gargoyle that grabbed him. He was lucky he turned around when he did, because the Gargoyle was going to tear his jugular out with its teeth. He sprints at the Gargoyle and hits it with his staff, but it has no effect. Only chips the paint off its body. The Architect stops and looks back at Jaune, he sighs when he sees him there.

He runs over to him and with his sword he slashes the hood from the Hoodie, the Gargoyle's grip being so tight that it was never going to let go. It still holds his hood now, and Jaune looks at him with shocked eyes. "My hood!" He gasps.

"I'll buy you a new one! You were bound to grow out of it eventually." The Architect tells him. They keep running, up these seemingly endless caves that eventually will find an exit.

And as luck will have it.

Light appears at the end of the tunnel where they are running and the snarls of the Gargoyles can be heard the closer and closer that they get to them. Ren rolls out of the way just when he notices one in front of him and he keeps on moving.

They all leap out from the cave, rolling and sliding across the mud after they got out from the caves. They all turn to the caves, staring intently to make sure that the Gargoyles are not chasing them, but they can hear their snarls getting further away, not going outside into the rain. Too many creatures out here that could spot them and keep them in their stone forms. Oscar sighs with relief, his body relaxes for a couple of moments and he rolls onto his back to feel the rain. He never thought he would be so grateful to feel the rain on his body like this opposed to the dry of the dark catacombs that they were just inside of.

He turns and looks at Jaune who is next to him. "Never thought I would miss the rain." Oscar says to him, and Jaune chuckles as he does the same thing, letting the rain hit his face.

"Yep...never again...no more tunnels." He slowly says with laboured breaths. He then touches the torn place where the hood used to be and where the threads are hanging from the black Pumpkin Pete's hoodie. He then looks at the Architect who stands there, the rain trickling down his body. He suffered a few hits in there, but nothing his chassis cannot handle. "You cut my hood off!" Jaune yells with horror, wanting to pull the hoodie up but he can't.

"Yeah, and you're alive!" The Architect argues.

"My hood..." Jaune complains. If the Architect could show expressions through his eyes, he would be rolling them right now.

"Yeah, alive – that's all I'm saying. Not even a thank you." He chuckles as he walks around, all of them have noticed that he has become much more informal around them now. More fun and cheery than he usually was.

Qrow stands back up and he looks around the area to figure out where they are. "We need to find Yang and Kassius." Qrow says to them all and they all start to get up. Little do they realise that they are indeed closer to their two missing friends than they actually know. Kragen's eyes look forward and he sees that the only thing that stands between them and that tower now is a rushing river and some trees. There are some toppled over trees across the river rapids that they could use to their advantage. Kragen points with his staff at the area he has just noticed.

"Those trees will help us get to the Storm Barrier Generator." He explains, looking at the tall spire with lightning shooting out of it.

"So remind me...how will we be taking it down again?" Weiss asks.

"You have your dust crystals, right?" He asks her and she nods, holding up a bag that she brought with her with plenty of dust crystals that she can use. "Good, when you get there, throw them into the core, it will cause it to explode." Kragen explains, pointing at the centre of the tower on the hill that they need to get to. Weiss looks at it, and then at Kragen and she nods.

"Okay..." She agrees.

"Kragen, they sent Mercenaries after us when we were in the caves. They must have had a deep underground scanner on that ship that detected us. We've lost the element of surprise; they know we're coming for Ruby. They will have people guarding that tower." Qrow explains to him, even pointing at the ship as it begins to land in front of the largest mountain to deliver cargo. Most likely to drop Ruby off, for whatever use she will be at the end of all this.

"I know, Weiss cannot be going up there alone. And they will be sending reinforcements. Someone must go with her to the tower to defend her if they send anyone up there to attack. We will hold the rest off at the river." Kragen explains.

The first person to volunteer to help her is one that creates a lot of irony from the past of their relationship. Jaune's hand rises up, still holding Crocea Mors. "I will go with her." He volunteers and she smiles at him as she sees his loyalty to her as a friend now. No longer trying to be a stupid flirt around her.

"That settles it then...Jaune you will go and protect her whilst she overloads the generator. We will hold the fort here." Kragen explains, spinning his staff through his fingers. Weiss and Jaune walk towards the river, but before they cross, they hear a voice calling to them and they both turn.

"Guys!" Yang calls, waving her hand as she runs with Kassius towards them. They all turn to see their friends that went missing and they start to walk towards them. Until...something happens that makes Oscar's eyes widen. There is a thunderous metallic horn that bellows from nearby and they hear the sounds of wood being crunched down and bent as something rises up. Water falls from its rusted metal body and it stands tall with four long and sharp prong-like legs. The weapon folds out from the body and it charges up, roaring at them with that horn. The legs create deep thrumming sounds from every single movement that it makes, stabbing down into the stones and soil that it stands upon, tearing up the ground. Oscar remembers seeing that exact same thing.

It is the Warden that walked past him and got aboard the same vessel that the Knights of Grimm took to come here. After thousands of years, it is still working and online...the Arkhoni really did build things to last. Both in structures and in their technology as well, they are able to remain working through the worst of conditions over years and years. "What the hell is that?" Sun yells with shock, backing up when he sees the huge thing rising up.

"It's a Warden...I saw it when Time brought me back to their time!" Oscar informs and Kragen looks at him, realising that he really was taken back to their time, since he remembers this exact Warden as well they took with them to help fight Axzura and his men. The Warden prepares to attack, but then they all see her standing on the ridge of the hill, stood tall and proud.

"Hey!" Penny yells and the Warden looks up at her, snarling through the computerized sounds that are also glitching from the internal damage it must have suffered after all those years being dormant.

Weiss and Blake widen their eyes in disbelief. "Penny?" They both call out with shock and everyone else, except for Raven, Kragen, Adam and the Architect are just as shocked to see Penny alive, for most people saw it happen live on air or were at Beacon when it happened. The Warden charges up its cannon, loading dust into it to attack.

"Leave my friends alone!" Penny yells as she leaps at the Warden and lands on its face. The Warden fires the laser straight at where she was stood, vaporising the rock she was stood upon. The Warden shakes its head around and it staggers backwards, scraping its legs through the soil as it stumbles, roaring in anger and distress as Penny slashes it with her swords that come out of her back. The blades slice across its metal hide and she has figured out where the weak spot is, behind the armour is the internal circuits that if she destroys them, it will kill the Warden. She clambers onto it but the Warden screeches with anger, wagging its head around and it manages to throw Penny off its head, launching her into the ground. She bounces and rolls across the ground, and the Warden starts to malfunction, sparks pouring from the damages cables that hang from its ruined body. It even starts to spill fluids from its body as well as it twitches, and it gives Penny time to get back up and challenge it again. They want to help, but Penny seems to have this handled.

The Warden seems to repair the malfunction and it rises upwards and howls at her as she stands there, her fist clenched and her swords above her head as she glares at it. Target Acquired. The Warden moves extremely fast as it stomps towards Penny on the ground, like a massive spider that is trying to kill its prey. The Warden stabs its sharp leg down at where she is, able to skewer her if it stabs her, but Penny rolls out of the way, narrowly missing the attack from the angered Warden. The Warden does the same to try and hit her again, and she repeats her evasion. The eye of the Warden follows her after it rips the soil out of the ground and it walks across the fast rushing water to attack her the same way, it must have overheated its weapon systems after firing it at her. Penny steps aside from its leg and with all the blades being controlled like one, she slices the leg from the Warden's kneecap, causing it to fall to the knee and a pained shrill erupts from its speakers. And yet the Warden is not about to give up.

Penny sprints back and with the power of using the energy blast behind her to thrust her towards the Warden and she smashes her body into the body of the Warden so hard that the Warden is smashed directly into the side of the cliff where they were inside of. The cliff where it hit cracks, rocks tumbling from the impact and Penny climbs up the Warden and she stands on its head, slashing the plates on its head over and over. She grabs the plate and pulls it back with all her might, straining as she pulls it back and eventually rips it off. Inside are the internal circuits that she needs to destroy. She floats her blades above the circuits and then launches them all directly down into the circuits to kill it. The Warden creates a deafening screech of pain, sparks bursting and pouring from where she threw the blades into its skull. The Warden's chassis becomes stiff and it groans, falling forward. "Look out!" Qrow yells and they all get out of the way just as Penny throws herself from the head of the Warden. She hits the ground hard and rolls across the floor.

"Penny!" Weiss screams, running over to her with Blake and Yang. The three of them crouch down beside her, checking if she is okay. Her eyes open wide and she giggles with happiness, hugging Weiss and the Ice Queen gasps from her embrace. They all sigh with relief, seeing that Penny is okay. Penny releases Weiss and she sits up, checking the wound she suffered from the lightning bolt. It has luckily not gotten any worse, her aura is still able to be formed as it used to be. "H-How?" Weiss questions with disbelief.

"Merlot is the one who made her, he rebuilt her after Beacon and he sent her here. But her memory is...somewhat intact." Yang explains briefly to them.

"Somewhat intact?" Blake asks with a raised eyebrow.

"She's lost a memory processor. She remembers things but has short-term memory loss. It's not too bad, she just has jumbled up memories." Yang explains and Penny hops back up to her feet. She smiles and then bows to the new people she has not met with that smile with her eyes closed she always has on her. The Architect just raises his hand with a chuckle. Whilst they talk to Penny, Kragen turns and sees Oscar looking at the dead body of the Warden. Kragen approaches him and stands beside him, looking at the body as well. He has something on his mind, clearly.

"You saw it?" Kragen asks.

"Yes." Oscar answers and Kragen crouches down beside the Warden and he sighs.

"I remember him...he saved our lives more times than I can count." He begins and Oscar turns to look at him. "We set up camp and he had orders to protect the camp at all costs...we were escaping and we tried to wait for him, but a tree collapsed and landed on him. I thought he was destroyed...clearly he wasn't. He has been fulfilling his duty ever since." He explains to Oscar, looking around at the area.

"What do you mean?" Oscar asks. Kragen walks over to something on the floor, it has blended into the ground over the years but he can still see it. He pulls it from the soil and it is the fabric of a tent that was left here.

This is the same Campsite that it protected them at.

"Well...he fulfilled his duty, now he can rest." Oscar says to him, and the Warden that can finally rest in peace. Kragen looks at the body, and he remembers what he heard Nora saying to Ren once. About Jaune's moment at the lake and the grave of his sister.

"At least he has water." Kragen says, turning and walking back to the others.

Weiss

Weiss readies Myrtenaster, she knows that there is going to be some resistance up there. And they are likely to send soldiers after them to stop them from shutting down the Storm Barrier. Once that barrier is down, all out war will begin and they will make their charge to find Ruby and bring her back home. She walks towards the hill with Jaune and he looks at her, nodding. "Come on, let's go." Weiss says. They walk up the hill to where they need to do their work, the rain and wind blowing against their faces. It is icy cold as always in this horrible environment. The trees groan and creak as they are pushed back and forth in the powerful winds. They have to push themselves against the storms to get up there as fast as they can. Jaune uses his shield to protect himself and Weiss from the storm. So they keep moving and moving as best as they can.

But they have noticed something about where they are right now.

There has been absolutely no resistance whatsoever. This is making them afraid of an ambush lying in wait for them.

They walk towards the entrance which is a huge cliff face that hangs into a deep lake by the land that they are on. At least it is not into the ocean, or the volcanic flesh that lies within the island itself. "I don't like this..." Weiss whispers to Jaune as she walks with him.

"I know. We should have encountered something by this point." He responds. As they get closer, they can see the rails that are channelling the lightning through it, clouds forming inside that create the storms. It is extremely loud, a deep thrumming sound that never ends. Jaune lowers his shield, and his eyes widen, and so do Weiss'.

Sun was right.

Stood before them is Pyrrha. She wears her new Black and Gold armour that is more compact and fully armoured across her body opposed to her old one that showed more skin. Her fabric sashes blow in the aggressive winds and the water blows against her long red hair that dances in the wind. She scowls at Jaune, an expression that neither of them have ever seen before. Weiss stands there, horrified and shocked by the sight of Pyrrha Nikos being stood right in front of her.

She never heard she was alive by Jaune, Sun or Blake. Now she knows the truth, and she holds Milo and Akuou in both hands, ready to fight them.

To stop them.

"People are going to die Pyrrha..." Jaune warns, and he is not just talking about Ruby. If Salem gets her hands on all of the Relics, then the world will come to an end. Perhaps even the Shivering Dominion will be forged as well. The never ending blizzard, the end of time itself. "...I can't let that happen." Jaune says to her, hoping to god that she won't fight him. But he knows that she will, her eyes are still glowing orange.

Meaning the spirit of the Onyx Phantom still exists within her mind. "Please don't make me do this, Pyrrha." He begs, and her large eyes narrow, and he tightens his grip on his sword. He is going to have to fight Pyrrha Nikos. He looks at Weiss.

"I'll distract her...destroy the tower..." He orders.

Pyrrha yells, sprinting straight at Jaune and he charges at her. They both swing their swords at one another.

They impact.

Sparks erupt.

The Fight of Arkos begins.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.4K 96
"Yang and Ruby were attacked and almost killed by three beowolves but qrow came just in time to save them" that's what was supposed to happen but wha...
2.9K 68 10
The newly formed Team RNJR; made up of Ruby Rose, Nora Valkyrie, Jaune Arc, and Lie Ren; along with Kai Blaze, journey through the continent of Anim...
616 6 12
After the Fall of Beacon everybody is separated to different parts of the world and dealing with their own problems. Ruby, Armin, Jaune, Ren and Nora...
12K 312 34
After Haven attack the Guardian saved the academy from the Salem plans and Cabal attack. Now that Team RWBY is reunited, but the Guardian lost a memb...