Defying Destiny - A Merlin Fa...

By BookLover905

. "Sometimes I wonder if you've missed me as much as I'v... More

Trailer
Cast
Prologue
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 2

5.2K 110 12
By BookLover905

All the knights were seated at the round table with Arthur standing by his chair, ready to address the knights.

Guinevere in her beautiful red dress was sitting in her seat on Arthurs right and Arianna in her pretty pink dress was sitting on his left, next to Gaius, gazing at all the men in red cloaks sitting at the table and hoped that one day she too would get to wear one as a knight of Camelot. Violet and Merlin were both off to left the side watching while Sefa watched from the right.
As soon as everyone was settled in their seats Arthur began to speak

" Noble knights of Camelot, countrymen, friends. I welcome you to this meeting of the roundtable. For three long years, we have been blessed with peace and prosperity. But now it seems a shadow had been cast across our lands." Arthur said

Aria looked down at her lap, saddened by the thought of her older sister, Morgana.

"Sir Gwaine set off for Ismere, some six weeks ago, with him went threescore of our finest men. There has been no word from them since. At my request, sir Elyan led a search party to the wastelands of the north. He found no trace of Gwaine or his men, it is as if they vanished from the face of the earth" Arthur continued

____________________________________

After the council meeting, Arthur, Gwen, Aria, Gaius, Merlin, Violet and Leon were all in Arthurs chambers discussing a plan of action to rescue Gwaine and the others.

" We know Gwaine and his men crossed the pass here at Isulfor, but beyond that, there was no trace. The trial went cold " Elyan said pointing to a spot on the map on the table.

Arthur looked up from the map and looked at Elyan with concern in his eyes.

" What of the story that the fortress of Ismere has been occupied once more?" Arthur asked gravely

" I heard many rumours, sire. All of them had one name in common- -" Elyan informed the king before Aria spoke up after a while of being quiet

" Morgana," She said with a sad frown

Violet looked at her mistress with sympathy. She knew how much the young princess missed her older sister and wished she would come back and be good again.

Arthur stared up at his sister before looking back at the map on the table.
He to still cared for Morgana but unlike his sister, Arthur had given up hope that Morgana could ever be good again.

" We have no time to lose," He said quickly standing up straight.
Gwen, who looked like she was in deep thought, glanced at her husband before looking to Gaius as he spoke.

" whether the rumours are true, sire, you may be walking into a trap" he warned

" The Knights of Camelot do not abandon their own," Arthur argued

" Morgana knows that. She'll be waiting for you." Gaius warned the king again

"These men have fought for me, bled for me," Arthur argued again

" Might I make a suggestion?" Gwen cut in from being in deep thought.

Everyone's eyes turned towards her as she continued to speak

" what if you were to take a different route?" Gwen suggested

Aria eyes light up as she caught on to Gwen's idea

" Approach Ismere from the west, through Annis' lands, " Aria said pointing to a place on the map. Gwen nodded her head agreeing with her.

" It would certainly take Morgana by surprise," Gaius said

Arthur looked up at Leon who had been staring at the map

" Would Annis grant passage to so many armed men?" Arthur asked

" I believe she would sire " Leon answered looking away from the map to stair at the king.

Arthur thought for a moment before speaking again.

" dispatch a rider immediately, we'll follow at dawn. Remember if we're to succeed, no one must know of our intentions" Arthur said looking at everyone.

Before everyone started to leave Aria spoke up, making all eyes turn towards her.

" Can I come?" She asked timidly fiddling with the skirt of her dress a tiny bit.

"No," Arthur said shortly and turned to leave

" Why? I never get to go on things like this. Just this once Arthur, please?" Aria begged

Arthur turned towards his sister with an annoyed expression.

" Aria it's dangerous" He argued

But Aria only shook her head

" I don't care. I want to go with you. Please" Aria begged again

Everyone else was silently watching the two siblings ague. Not knowing whether to interfere or not.

" Aria, you don't even know how to fight," Arthur said trying to make his sister stay in Camelot.

" I do know how to fight. Why would I want to become a knight if I don't even know how to wield a sword?" Aria shot back at her brother who was speechless for a second.

Aria gave Arthur a pleading look and mouthed 'please' to him. Arthur finally gave in and let out a big sigh, knowing he had lost the argument.

" Fine, you can come but if you almost get yourself killed then I'm sending you straight back to Camelot, do you  understand?"  Arthur said.

He knew Aria wasn't going to stop arguing with him until she was allowed to go.

Aria nodded quickly, a huge smile creeping its way onto her young face.

Uther had always been able to somehow keep Aria in Camelot no matter how much she begged and pleaded with him.

Everyone then finally turned to leave. Merlin opened the door, not looking where he was going and crashed right into Sefa who dropped the tray of apples she had been holding with a loud bang. All the apples from the tray went scattering across the floor as Sefa and Merlin crouched down to try and clear up the mess.

Everyone else walked past the two servants on the floor while Gwen gave them a kind smile. Aria helped pick up some of the apples and Merlin and Sefa both smiled at the princesses kindness. Aria smiled back at her two friends before she then ran off to her chambers with Violet close behind her.

_______________________________________

Once Aria had arrived at her chambers she was immediately greeted by her pet dog, Ruby. Ruby had a beautiful necklace around her neck, acting as a collar.

Aria had rescued Ruby when she was only a puppy. She had been abandoned by her mother and was left to die in the forests around Camelot. Aria had heard her puny cries when she was out riding one day. Knowing how it felt to be left as such a young age, Aria took Ruby back to the castle and begged her father to let her keep her. Thankfully he agreed thinking it may get Aria to stop reading all the time. It worked but Aria still had her nose in a book most of the time.

Ruby, excited to see Aria again, jumped up into the princess' arms and smothered her with wet sloppy kisses making Aria burst out laughing. Violet laughed at the sight from behind Aria.

Aria placed Ruby back onto the floor, smoothing out her dress, flattening her hair and walked further into the room with Ruby and Violet following close behind.

" Here's your book milady," Violet said hanging Aria her book that she had been reading before the council meeting.

" Thank you, Violet." Aria smiled warmly at her best friend.

Violet was about to say something else to the young princess when there were three loud bangs on the door
" Come in" Aria called to the person behind the door and the door opened to revile Arthur, who had changed out of his armour and was now wearing a simple red shirt.

Ruby ran to greet him. Arthur knelt down to fuss the energetic dog before looking back up at his sister.

" Aria, may I have a word?" He asked

" of course. Thank you, Violet, you can go now" Aria dismissed Violet who curtsied to Aria and Arthur before leaving Aria's chambers. Ruby trying to follow but Violet closed the door quickly before she could get out. So instead Ruby ran to Aria and jumped into her arms again.

Aria had sat down on her bed, placing her book on her bedside table and pulling Ruby into her lap before staring at brother.

" What's the matter, Arthur?" Aria asked him worried

Arthur looked at his little sister with clear concern.

" Are you sure you want to go on this journey? I'm mean there will be plenty more opportunities for you to get out of Camelot" Arthur says

Aria frowns, upset at her brother's words

" If you're here to try and convince me to stay then feel free to leave because you said I could go, so I'm going " Aria snapped at Arthur who crossed his arms and sighed in frustration.

" I know I said you could go and I know you said you knew how to fight but does it have to be this one? Why do you even want to go anyway?" Arthur asked Aria who had gotten up from her bed and put had Ruby down, looking extremely angry with her older brother.

" Because I've been waiting my entire life to have an adventure and fight for my home. Father always kept me inside of Camelot and you promised me that once you became king, I wouldn't have to feel so useless anymore and I could actually have some freedom!" Aria snapped again. 

Arthur sighed again knowing there was no way he could change Aria's mind and he knew she was right. Their father had kept her inside of Camelot and never let her have any sort of adventure and Arthur had promised her that when he became king that she would finally get the freedom she had been craving her entire life.

"You're right. Father has denied you your freedom to do as you see right your entire life and I did give you my word that when I'm king you would have that freedom." Arthur paused thinking about what he was going to say next as he didn't want to upset Aria further

"I've made you a promise and I'm keeping to that so please promise me something in return, Aria?" Arthur says looking at his sister with an apologetic look.

" What?" Aria askes back also calming down and stepping closer to her brother with her arms crossed.

" don't get yourself killed. I told you before that if you get hurt then I will be sending you back home without a second thought and I'm sticking to that. It's just, we've already lost father and Morgana. I don't want to lose you too." Arthur gave her a small smile which she returns.

Aria quickly embraces her brother tightly, a few tears escaped her eyes. Arthur hugged her back, resting his chin on her head and engulfing her in his arms, almost like to shield her from the cruel world they lived in.

" you're not going to lose me, Arthur, I promise " she whispered into his chest as she let her tears fall freely. Ruby lay by the sibling's feet and whimpered, sensing their unhappiness.

Aria missed her father and she missed Morgana, despite all the things she had done, Morgana was still her sister, her family and she hoped that one day Morgana would see the light again and come back so they could be a proper family again.

But will that day ever come? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 221 24
The forbidden love between a prince and the queen of dragons will their love prevail or will it crumble to the ground. I've changed a few things: Art...
40.1K 994 19
A love story between a Super and a Luther.
213K 4.6K 101
Based on the entire BBC Merlin series. A story about Merlin and Arthur's adventures but with a twist Merlin has a twin sister with the same powers. A...
55.1K 2K 49
Magdelena is back and this time things are just not going for her. With Morgause still trying to get her to join, and a newly added enemy she doesn't...