Dragon Descendants 2

By Cj_Writes04

ADD TO READING LIST FOR UPDATES!!!!!! Started 27/05/18 **************** Elena knew her life wasn't ever going... More

Trailer!!!!
Character Profiles
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Twelve

1K 67 17
By Cj_Writes04

"Using these points, we can find out the velocity and acceleration by using simple derivatives, the first, and second derivatives."

I hear the distinct ticking of the clock that hangs on the wall above the board. 

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

I sit with my eyes glued onto my phone screen, waiting for a call, or text from either my brother, Ashton, the Director or anyone really. My thumps hang just above the screen, while my index finger slides up the side of my phone, towards the off button. After hesitating to turn my phone off for the last 20 minutes, I finally I turn my phone to sleep and stare at the black screen.

Ding.

I jump at the unexpected, but longing sound of a message on my phone.

I look up immediately to see half the class staring at me, thanks to the obvious high pitched ring in a silent classroom

"Phones on silence. Miss Tate." The teacher doesn't bother to turn around as he warns me.

"Sorry." I apologise as I wait until all eyes are off me, to look at my message.

Unknown: hey.

I try to think of who this unknown could be. Maybe Ashton lost his phone?! Or maybe Jackson did? But what if it is the kidnappers! Blackmail maybe... my heart races at the possibility, before my brain kicks in, telling me not to act too rashly, and crazy before actually knowing what is going on.

You: Who is this?

I  text back, before I wait patiently for my phone to vibrate, after 1 minute... finally.

Unknown: The handsome one.

"What?" I mutter, thinking out loud.

You:?

Unknown: Adam of course.

"Are you kidding me!" I yell in frustration.

"Elena! Phones away!" The teacher turns around, slamming his hand on the table.

"Sor-"

"Since you are paying such good attention, what is the 1st  derivative to the equation on the board."

I gulp, knowing all I heard from the lessons this year so far, is welcome back, try your hardest' on the first day.

My eyes glance at the board. 

d/dx [cos((3x^2)+(5x^4)+x]

"I-" Just before I am about to admit defeat, all eyes stare at the blonde boy in the last row, who beings to speak.

"1−(20x^3+6x)sin(5x^4+3x^2),"

I also turn around to see Theron, the clear genius of the class - or at least the brave on willing to save me.  He sits back in his chair after answering the question and then looks over at me.

I mouth the words "Thank you."

He nods back, just before he mouths "go." as the speaker turn on.

"Sorry for the interruption. Elena Tate, please report to the Director's office. Thank you." I quickly face the teacher.

"Well Elena, you need to do a little catch up after this clear demonstration of your mathematical ability. You are dismissed."

I quickly gather my things and head out of the class towards the Director's office. 

With each step through the empty halls, I can hear my footsteps echo thanks to the clear hall. I head to the Director office, and as usual, he is leaning back in the chair, top hat and all.

"You called," I say as I step in and stand in front of his desk

"Yes yes, I was just informing you about Aries relocation." He sits up, "I assume you went to see Aries this morning?"

"Yeah, I was with her all morning."

"Well I had someone go check on her after the first period as she was making unnecessary noise, and she seemed to find it more comfortable in her own nest, and out in the open secure fields."

"Is it safe?"

"I guess so. Nothing happened after the incident, and no sus activity occurred this morning either." *

*it was so tempting, as an Australian, to just right 'she'll be right' 

"Security is still out right?"

"Of course."

"Is there any word from Ashton, or Jackson yet?"

"Nope."

"and-"

"You ask too many questions, it is exhausting."

"Okay, okay. Well, I've gotta head back to class. But tell me-"

"When you hear anything from anyone." He finishes my sentence, "I get it."

I begin to walk out knowing he somewhat knows what he is doing, but just as I step out the door, I remember something Jackson said.

"Director..." I say, still facing the exit.

"Yesss." He replies.

I turn around, and slowly being to approach his desk, "the transfer student in my grade, Theron, his name rings a bell, and Jackson said that you already told me who he is. But I don't recall,"

"Oh yes, yes, your memories might be a bit hazy after the events with that woman, calling herself your aunt."

"So who is he?"

"Before I say anything, I am going to try to re-jog your memory. So, do you remember snooping into my desks, through my private documents, to satisfy your own curiosity, when your brother was M.I.A?" He says as he stands up from his chair an approaches me.

I shake my head to signal no.

"Okay, well I was just going to give you a heads up about that. Don't. You. Ever. go snooping around my things," He stands right in front of me, before turning around to face his desk again. "It is a bad habit you know."

For a second it felt as if the Director was staring right into my soul, sending a chilling sensation throughout my body. 

"Sorry." I say, "It won't happen again."

"Yes. It won't. Now about Theron. Since you have already seen the files..." The Director looks through the bottom drawer of his desk and pulls out three manila folders. "Here you go." He places all three on the desk, as I walk up to see them.

The first file, the one on top was Theron's, no last name. 

His picture is displayed, short blonde wavy hair, brown eyes. Below shows general stats.

Age: 20

DOB: 5th June

Height: 5'11ft

"He is 20?" I say, surprised that I am 17, turning 18, and he is 20, turning 21 in June

"Yes, about that-"

I continue to read and in the file contains his address, and previous education, and eventually his previous guardian... The Director.

Soon my memories begin to clear up.

"He is related."

"There you go, your memories are coming back."

"So is he a cousin or something?"

"Well, he is my nephew, but Theron to you is your brother."

"Brother, as in blood-related?"

"Yes, and unlike Jackson, he is your full brother."

"Seriously! Why wasn't I told this before?"

"Well, there seemed to be no point."

"No point? He is the brother I haven't me till the beginning of the school year!"

"Well technically you guys met before, you were a bit young. And the power your mother gave you as a child, your body would have been forced to remove some memories to make room for your new power."

"What about these other two, Mahalia, and Tesa."

"Sisters. Both full-blooded as well."

"Where are they?"

"Safe, and in hiding, you may have seen them with Theron at the beginning of the year.

"I need to call Jackson." 

I pull my phone out of my pocket and head to the hall to call him. I don't care that he is busy, I need to talk to him.

I dial his number and wait for his answer. Surprisingly he picks up.

"Elena, I'm working, what is it? What's wrong?"

"Theron is my brother? And Mahalia and Tesa are my sisters!"

"So you heard it from the Director?"

"Yes, I need to get this straight-"

"Can we do this later?"

"No. I can't push this further back. I need to know more about my mother, my father, and who my family is. Is there any more of us? And why are you only half?"

"No more, just me, you, Mahalia, Tesa and Theron. And I am half because my mother was not the same as yours. Your mother was Elreena and father was Narvus, my mother was Erindeen."

"Just, explain it all. Please."

"Fine. Give me 10 minutes to just get out of here. Just get to somewhere quiet. And everything will be cleared.

"Okay. 10 minutes. Talk to you soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 81.9K 54
Highest: #1 in Action! Elena lives in a world where dragons are well-known to man kind and tamed by people who fly with them through the sk...
81K 1.5K 57
She works the night by the water. She's gonna stress, so far away from her father's daughter. She just wants a life for her baby All on her own, no o...
192K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
126K 8.4K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...