glory days ↣ joshler ✓

De nicosniners

"It's okay to get a little irresponsible, cause we're making up the blueprint as we go. We're on our way to t... Mai multe

Tyler's List
Josh's List
1. Celebration
2. Idea
3. Dinner
4. Drunk
5. Ignored
6. Exhilarated
7. Skydiving
8. Debby
9. Party
10. Milkshake
11. Picnic
12. Truth
13. Shock
14. Date
15. Popcorn
16. Dog
17. Best Friend
18. Tattoo
19. Plans
20. Brownies
21. Out
22. Lunch
23. Thank You
24. Bull
25. Zoo
26. Proud
27. Horseback Riding
28. Joseph
29. Red Bull
30. Campfire
31. Panicking
33. Question
34. Tickets
35. Meet and Greet
36. Hair
37. Disappointment
38. Enamored
39. Pool
40. Acceptance
41. Memories
42. Bowling
43. Surprise
44. Drink
45. Gone
Questions?

32. Kiss

2.6K 170 272
De nicosniners

Josh sat on Hayley's bed, a blanket wrapped around him since he was drenched in rain water. Dried tear tracks covered his face as he sat there, blank look on his face. Despite it being in the low eighties he was shivering since his clothes were soaked and Hayley didn't have any that would fit him.

"Okay," Hayley began as she walked into her room, carrying a mug. "I found a pack of hot chocolate so here," she gave it to him.

"Thanks," Josh replied in a strained voice.

Hayley just nodded before sitting down on her bed in front of Josh, crossing her legs in a pretzel formation. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I think if I start talking about it I'll cry again," Josh admitted.

"Why's that?" She asked softly, taking the hand that didn't hold the coffee mug.

"I'm so scared and confused," he took a deep breath. "I've never liked a boy before. Ever. And you're not supposed to like your best friend. It ruins everything."

"Josh, your partner is supposed to be your best friend. You're just doing things a little backwards."

"We haven't done anything. I just realized I liked him last night and it hit me like a truck. Besides if we do start dating what does that make me? I still like girls."

"It doesn't have to make you anything," Hayley told him. "Just because Ashley likes boys and girls and identified as bisexual doesn't mean you have to. You don't have to be pan either. You can just be Josh. You can like Tyler— a boy —and other girls without having to stick a title on yourself. That's okay. You don't have to have this figured out in one night."

"I need to figure out how I feel about Tyler though," Josh explained. "He's leaving soon. I don't want him to leave and then never confess or end up telling him over a FaceTime call. That's shitty."

"Well... then I would tell him you like him," she replied, playing with his fingers.

"What if it ruins everything?"

"He found out Jenna liked him and gave her a chance and even if he was straight it wouldn't change anything. He still loves you regardless."

"What if he doesn't like me like that though? What if he doesn't give me a chance like he did Jenna?"

"No offense," Hayley looked at him. "But you're a dumbass."

"What? Why?"

"Josh, Tyler is so in love with you. He practically has heart eyes every time he looks at you. I'm surprised it took you both this long to realize this shit. I've known you guys since sixth grade and I've always had a feeling about you two. Maybe it's my gaydar or maybe it's just because I knew. We all knew we just weren't going to seriously say anything about it. That was for you two to figure out."

Josh let that sink in. Was it really that obvious? "I just... fuck I'm so scared. Even if we do get together wouldn't it complicate everything?"

"No I don't think it would. I think it would make you guys whole. Besides now he can move in with you," she joked.

Josh cracked a smile and could see the look of happiness on Hayley's face now that he seemed to relax a bit. "I don't know..." he sighed, the smile fading.

"I think you should tell him. That's my advice. If you don't want to I won't make you but you and him would both feel a lot better if you figured it out."

Josh pondered that for a moment. She was right. He hated it when she was right but nonetheless she was still right. "Okay," he nodded. "When should I tell him?"

"Now," Hayley spoke. "Right now at my house."

"Now?" Josh's eyes widened.

"When else are you going to?"

"I don't have time to prepare," Josh began panicking again, setting his mug on her nightstand.

"Josh," Hayley laughed, taking both hands into hers. "You don't have to prepare. Just do something romantic!"

"Like what?"

"I don't know! Profess your undying love! Kiss him! Propose!"

"Hayley, I'm serious," Josh groaned.

"I am too! Just do anything to let him know you like him."

Josh bit his lip anxiously. "Okay," he agreed. "Will you invite him over?"

"Yeah," Hayley pulled out her phone and typed a few things, taking breaks every few seconds. A little while after that she set it back down on the bed. "I'm proud of you, Josh," she told him sincerely. "I know how scary coming out or confessing you like someone is. Hell, I told my mom and she tried sending me to a loony bin. No matter what happened just know I am so so so proud of you and I'm always here for you."

"Thank you," Josh nodded. "Okay, do I look okay?" He asked.

"No," she told him. "But it's Tyler he won't care. You two watched each other grow up. I think having wet hair is the least of your problems."

"Fine. Should I go wait downstairs for him to pull up?"

"Yeah, I'll go with you."

The two made their way to the living room and sat on the couch. Suddenly, Hayley's aunt walked in. "Hello, Josh. I didn't know you were here."

"Hi, Miss Williams," he replied distractedly.

"What are you up to?"

"He's about to confess to his best friend he likes him," Hayley explained, looking out the window the whole time.

"Oh," she paused. "Okay. I'll leave you alone. Good luck, Josh."

"Thank you."

The two sat there watching in silence for what seemed like forever. It was only silent because the tension was too high to say anything. Finally, they saw Tyler's car pull up, the windshield wipers waving back and forth vigorously.

"Go get 'em tiger," Hayley grinned making Josh smile slightly in return. "I'll be here watching through the window like a creepy stalker. You can do this."

"I can do this," Josh took a deep breath before making his way over to the door. He looked over and Hayley gave him a thumbs up before he opened the door and walked out.

Due to there being no roof, Josh was instantly wet as soon as he stepped out. He saw Tyler walking up, getting soaked as well. The brunette looked up and saw Josh, confusion on his face. "J? What are you doing here?"

All the nerves left Josh's body and he was left with determination, wanting to let Tyler know his feelings as soon as possible. He hurried down the steps and met Tyler halfway on the walkway before stopping. Tyler still looked perplexed and Josh simply took his hands and set them on Tyler's cheeks. He noticed the way Tyler's breath hitched and his face turned bright red. Hayley was right. Tyler's reaction was just the last little confidence boost he needed. "Josh what—"

"Can I do something?" Josh whispered, his words barely detectable in the loud sounds of the rain. Tyler understood though and nodded his head slowly. Here goes nothing, Josh thought, his eyes flicking down to Tyler's lips.

Suddenly, Josh pressed his own lips gently to Tyler's, his hands still caressing his cheeks. It didn't take long for Tyler to kiss back, his arms wrapping around Josh's waist. The two stayed like that for a few seconds, Josh deepening the kiss ever so slightly.

When they finally broke apart, Josh rested his head on Tyler's. The shorter looked up at him and his face was still flushed. Josh let out a breathy laugh and Tyler followed with a giggle. "What was that for?"

"Tyler I am so fucking obsessed with you," Josh told him. "I love you."

Tyler pulled apart and looked at Josh, shock on his face. He saw tears fill his eyes through the lines of rain and instantly he felt like he fucked up. "I love you too," he replied, letting a shaky laugh out with it. Josh was relieved when he saw they were happy tears. "Oh my God I've waited so long to hear you say that. Fuck."

"You have?"

"Yeah. I realized I liked you the night of your birthday. That's when everything clicked and I realized I was gay."

"I just figured it out last night so I think you win," Josh replied, making Tyler laugh once more and wipe his eyes. "How did you go so long without telling me? It's getting really hard not to just pick you up and make out with you on the side of Hayley's house."

"I have more self-control than you do, dipshit," Tyler joked, a grin on his face. "I also didn't know you liked guys so I didn't want to say anything."

"I don't even know if I like other guys," Josh admitted. "But I know I like you."

"I like you too," he responded shyly. Josh couldn't believe how cute Tyler was.

"Can I kiss you again?"

"You don't have to ask, dumbass," Tyler grabbed the front of his wet shirt and pulled Josh towards him, reconnecting their lips.

Josh could definitely get used to that.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

58.3K 3K 34
After having a fallout with his so called "friends", Josh starts hiding away in his bedroom. His parents, of course, are concerned, but in not wishin...
62.2K 1.9K 48
After meeting the girl who had won a very important contest prize, Tyler's torn between what he wants and what he really needs.
203K 10.9K 35
Josh Dun lives in a foster home with his little brother, Patrick. His foster parents aren't the best people, only taking them in for extra money to s...
5.7K 429 97
Violet, an average girl that loves music and having a creative imagination makes her happy until she comes upon Josh. ♥︎ Josh and his family move nex...