Taking cover

By Battle_Penguin54

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting... More

CHAPTER 1: Missing
CHAPTER 2: My Life
CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Stranger
CHAPTER 4: The boss
CHAPTER 5: Mission
CHAPTER 6: Control
CHAPTER 7: Late
CHAPTER 8: False Information
CHAPTER 9: Close one
CHAPTER 10: A worthy Opponent
CHAPTER 11: Task
CHAPTER 12: Lock n' load
CHAPTER 13: The Plan
CHAPTER 14: A completely Normal Stakeout
CHAPTER 15: Hospital
CHAPTER 16: Screw Up
CHAPTER 17: Search
CHAPTER 18: Wounded
CHAPTER 19: Is this even qualified as an interrogation?
CHAPTER 20: Be Nice
CHAPTER 21: I'm here to help
CHAPTER 22: Thinking
CHAPTER 23: Suspicious
CHAPTER 24: Taking Action
CHAPTER 25: The Lab
CHAPTER 26: Apprehending the Traitor
CHAPTER 27: Bad Day
CHAPTER 28: Memory loss
CHAPTER 29: Quarters
CHAPTER 30: Are you sure its just a dream?
CHAPTER 31: Behind You
CHAPTER 32: Surprise!
CHAPTER 33: Freedom
CHAPTER 34: 6 Days
CHAPTER 35: DAY ONE
CHAPTER 36: Cut Short
CHAPTER 37: Back home?
CHAPTER 38: The Plan
CHAPTER 39: Just Acting
CHAPTER 40: Rescue
Chapter 41: Your Soul
CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?
CHAPTER 43: The Greatest Friends!
CHAPTER 44: Nothing
CHAPTER 45: Forwards
CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"
CHAPTER 47: Number eight
CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition
CHAPTER 49: His Weakness
CHAPTER 50: The Riddle
CHAPTER 51: An awkward morning
CHAPTER 52: Her lastname
CHAPTER 53: New Clothes
CHAPTER 54: Expensive doors
CHAPTER 55: The Machine
CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking
CHAPTER 57: Still with me
CHAPTER 58: Frisk
CHAPTER 59: She ran
CHAPTER 60: The Voicemail
CHAPTER 61: Hate
CHAPTER 62: Frisk? Or 'Frisk'?
CHAPTER 63: The Liar
CHAPTER 64: Complicated
CHAPTER 65: Confusion
CHAPTER 66: It always has been
CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work
CHAPTER 68: Friends
CHAPTER 69: Sans' Fear
CHAPTER 70: To protect
CHAPTER 71: He hates it
CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?
CHAPTER 73: Scared
CHAPTER 74: Orange Maple Syrup
CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT
CHAPTER 76: Right here
CHAPTER 77: Title number 77
CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?
CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end
CHAPTER 81: He won't get better
CHAPTER 82: Her only desire
CHAPTER 83: Can you seperate reality from imagination?
CHAPTER 84: DICE
CHAPTER 85: Lets talk.. not really
CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
CHAPTER 87: the last time
CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault
CHAPTER 89: Gone
CHAPTER 90: Gullible
CHAPTER 91: And so would you
CHAPTER 92: Chara is there
CHAPTER 93: Hostage situation
CHAPTER 94: Frisk
CHAPTER 95: A Tained Soul
CHAPTER 96: Losing her
CHAPTER 97: Love
CHAPTER 98: Together!
CHAPTER 99: Off the Radar
CHAPTER 100: Taking Cover

CHAPTER 80: The first fall

1K 61 88
By Battle_Penguin54

Along with the 0307 riddle, I'd like you guys to try and figure out Sans' double in the last chapter! Also, at the end of this book, a face reveal and a poll will be held to figure out which book I should continue writing.

I know I said Reapertale but this book has gotten so popular, I'd love to hear a second opinion. If you haven't read the prologues, I'd suggest you do. I'd pat myself on the back for those.

——
??? POV:

Everything is going according to plan.. =)

——

Sans POV:

My eyes shooting open, I gasp a deep and sharp inhale at the first moment I was awake. I was sitting straight up, having threw myself up from what had seemed like a bad nightmare. Alphys was next to me, her healing magic and science equipment were scattered across the coffee table next to me on top of this weeks daily paper. I was hooked up to some needles that held an IV packet and some other chemicals that I could suggest was healing items.

Frisk was on her knees, her eyes wide and her arms slightly reaching out, as if she had been holding something in her arms near the end of the couch. Wet tears lined her face with glossy streaks of water and her eyes were puffy.

Why was she crying? What's going on? Please tell me all of that that just happened was just a Dream.

The dream replayed in my head once more, seeing Frisk's tear-stained face and her brown brunette hair made me realize who I was actually murdering in my dream. I was murdering Frisk, and those paws, clawing at me from behind her most likely Asgore's or Toriel's, begging me to stop. Why was I killing her? Had I snapped?

It doesn't matter. It's only a dream.

"What—" I tried to say, before Papyrus came from behind the couch and embraced me with his large skeletal arms.

"OH BROTHER!" He said, almost relieved at this point. "I WAS SO WORRIED!" Papyrus said, hugging me tighter and tighter, I could have sworn my HP dropped a bit.

"C-Careful Papyrus. He's still not quite s-stable enough to handle this kinda of p-pressure." Alphys said next to me in a worried tone. "H-His stats are somewhat leveled e-enough for him to be conscious, h-however I would advise you be a bit more c-careful than normal."

"Hey—" I tried to speak, still in a slight shock of the moment. My voice was cut off from Frisk's angry yells at me. Her tears had stopped just as they seemed to come and she had stopped sniffling. Her voice was loud and angry, which was unlike her.

"You idiot!" Frisk spoke. "You almost died! What the hell did you do?!" She shouted, obviously angry at something I did.

I just woke up! I have no idea what's going on! Why is everyone around me?! Me?? Almost Dusted? Was that dream real with the duplicate me?

"Um—" I tried to speak again, only to be cut off again my yet another person in the room. I grumbled, getting annoyed with everyone else being able to speak.

"MAYBE IT WASN'T HIS FAULT! HE COULD HAVE OVERUSED HIS MAGIC AGAIN! HE TENDS TO DO THAT WHEN OUT ON JOBS." Papyrus said loudly, defending me from Frisk's standpoint. "ITS JUST A PROPOSITION. WE ARE IN NEED OF A BIT OF GOLD THOUGH." He mumbled— or, tried to.

Thanks Papyrus, but if they would let me talk this could all be resolved.
If I knew what the fuck was going on.

"I-If he overused his magic, then I-it's still his fault, P-Papyrus." Alphys mumbled her way in, catching Papyrus' attention, making him look slightly worried. She did have a point.

"And he hasn't been on any jobs. I've been with him." Frisk said, crossing her arms, and looking at the monitor screen Alphys was now holding in the size of a small tablet. "So, what are his stats? What caused him to lose HP so fast? I've never seen that except in poison." Frisk said, scooting closer to Alphys to take a look.

"H-His stats are 0.8/1 HP. He's healed tremendously, despite the c-condition he was in earlier." She said, shifting her glasses upward and tapping a few things on the keypad. "S-see?"

That's it. That's the one thing I can't stand is people seeing my stats!

"HEY!" I yelled finally, grabbing everyone's attention. I sighed, letting the excess air out and inhaling again once I finally had all of their undivided attention. "Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on here?!"I yelled again, clearly annoyed at all of this attention I was getting from the three of them.

"Why don't you explain yourself?! We're all here because Papyrus found you passed out in an Alleyway with 0.4 HP!" Frisk said, angrily. "It continued to decrease when I told him to get Alphys! You were at 0.1 by the time she got here and managed to get you stabilized!"

What the hell is she talking about?! Is she mad I left her to go find Papyrus?! I don't remember anything after...

"I don't remember any of that! The last thing I remember is using my magic to jump to Papyrus when he was walking outta Muffet's!" I yelled back, causing the monitor in Alphys' hands to beep a few times loudly.

"CAN WE ALL JUST STOP FIGHTING?!" Papyrus yelled, dominating over me and Frisk's argues. "SANS, FIX YOUR TIE. FRISK, LET HIM TALK. ALPHYS, EXPLAIN HIS SITUATION TO HIM SO THAT HE KNOWS HOW DIRE THIS IS." Papyrus huffed, putting his hands on his sides and sighed a bit.

She started it..

There was a moment of silence before Alphys finally spoke up. "L-Listen, Sans, I think I may have found the way this c-creature hunts." She said. "A-All of Chara's victims had a darkness growing in their s-souls. That's t-the black lines that form in t-the soul." She continued. "A-All of this was beginning to happen t-to your soul. The c-color had faded, and the darkness, or h-hatred, would be the proper term, had started to begin taking over your t-trait. I'm surprised y-you didn't grow a split p-personality as Frisk did." She said, twiddling her thumbs slightly. "I-I think she shows her victims s-so much hatred, that the host literally d-destroys themselves."

When had Chara—
Now that I think about it, I had been feeling very angry towards others more than usual. Maybe the agitation was the first stage? Should I tell Alphys about the evil double? That could be my version of Chara for all I know.

"Your soul looked like a barcode, Sans." Frisk said, who had calmed down a bit. "It was really corrupted. Have you hated a lot recently? That's what feeds the corruption." She said. "You're lucky we were able to extract most of it out of your soul. That's the only reason why you healed. It was killing you."

"S-shes right." Alphys said, holding the tablet tightly. "You could have d-died."

How could I have been so oblivious?! I couldn't figure this out sooner?! This makes me so irritated! I h
I can't think like that.

"I think I just need to rest." I said. "Hand me the paper that's on the coffee table? Papyrus usually grabs it for me when he comes home from his job." I asked Frisk, who was sitting next to the paper on the coffee table. She looked down at it, and back up at me. Her face grew into a scowl and began to say something, taking a sharp inhale. "Please, Frisk?" I said, causing her to stop. "I.. I just need to calm my nerves. Take it all in, ya know?" I couldn't look at her without being reminded of that dream I had. I couldn't get it out of my head.

She sighed and grabbed the newspaper, unfolding it and glancing at it before giving it to me. I reach out to grab it, before she stops, pulling her arm back towards her, reading the headline on the front page. "What the..." she whispered.

"Frisk, I mean it. I just wa—" I tried to say, unable to move from the needle in my everywhere. My voice cut off at the immense pain of the needles moving in my bones and my soul. "Fris—"

Fuck that hurts.

"C.H.E.S.S. has fallen!" She exclaimed, holing the paper with two hands.

"What?" I asked, wondering if I had heard her right.

"Over night, the largest Mafia in the country has fallen in seemingly one night. Mafia leader Alex Henson was assassinated just hours before the organization crumbled downhill." She recited from the headline, reading more into this. "Who the hell—-" She said, before looking up.

It was her. And there was no doubt about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 1.3K 40
As a little kid Y/N was drawn to hip hop and was always looking for someone to challenge.So she resulted to DANCE battles!She had become popular for...
28.6K 795 10
(UnderTale rightfully belongs to the amazing Toby Fox, I am not creative enough to make that masterpiece. There is a person named symphysins who drew...
1.6K 73 12
You used to be in the Monster Mafia, keywords used to but 3 years later, two familiar skeletons had seeked you out to ask you for much needed help in...
119K 4.3K 68
This story is inspired by many other works and may bear some resemblance in certain places. However, I will endeavor to make this story it's own. 2...