Our Little Secret

By shorty2oo4

Emily had a crush on Jaxon for an entire year before she had finally noticed his true colors... he was a jerk... More

1. Jaxon Harris And The Art Of Crushing
2. Encounters And The Jerk Named Jaxon
3. Confessions & Realizations
4. Just Friends And Just Secret
5. Trouble And Chemistry Mishaps
6. Far Away Friends [Life In Japan Crossover]
7. It Began With A Kiss And Ended With A Date
8. Where is Jaxon And Why Won't He Answer His Phone?
9. I Think Katie Might Be The Hulk And Ricky Is A Real Jerk
10. I Don't Think Like Is A Strong Enough Word And Jaxon Is Hot When He's Angry
11. Marching Season Is Over And I Think Katie's Going To Kidnap Me
13. Jaxon Is A Loser And Chris Is A King
14. Jaxon's Being Jerkier Than Usual And Chris Might Murder Him
15. Kissing An Evil Twin And Visiting Sick Jaxon
16. It's Honesty Time, Love And There's A Lot To Spill Including Lemon Juice
17. Timmy Has A Point And I Might Just Move Out Because Of It
18. Living Without Mom Might Be Weird And This Intervention Is Gonna Be Lit
19. David Makes Jaxon A Promise And So Do I
Sequel

12. Timmy's Lips Taste Like Chapstick And Jaxon's Taste Like Candy

38 6 2
By shorty2oo4

I internally started freaking out. I couldn't do that to Jaxon who's probably been watching my mom gush over Timmy and I. Not to mention how Brandon feels watching Timmy with a girl. Besides, kissing some girl is probably the last thing Timmy feels like doing after going on a date with his boyfriend.

"Mom, I don't think that's such a good idea. We haven't had our first kiss and neither of us are very keen towards PDA." I lied.

"I'm your mother sweetie and I promise not to show anyone the picture," she said innocently. But I knew better. She didn't think I was actually with Timmy. She wanted this kiss to prove that no matter what I try I can't win. She probably thinks that she's forcing away my first kiss but instead she's making me feel like a cheater. It doesn't matter if Timmy is gay, if the kiss doesn't mean anything, it doesn't matter if the only person I want to be with is Jaxon, all that matters is that these lips aren't Timmy's.

Timmy started leaning in... slowly. He didn't want to do this and I could tell. I was ready to cry. He didn't have to do something this drastic for me. He could just stop and tell my mother he wanted no part with me and throw me under the bus. But instead he was giving up something precious... something that was not meant for me. It wouldn't be right. I tried to tell him this with my eyes but he kept leaning in. But he skipped past my lips and whispered so close to my ear that I could feel vibrations with every syllable.

"Your mom's kind of crazy, I swear to make it quick... but I'm sorry." He said and when he backed up I could tell that he meant it. I wanted to scream out that he didn't have too. I wanted to scream out that I'd rather deal with my mother screaming and throwing glasses at the wall than hurt Jaxon like this.

As soon as his lips got close to mine my breath hitched and I was ready to scream but I couldn't. I couldn't say anything. My eyes quickly switched over to where Brandon and Jaxon were. Both of them staring at us from the truck windows. When our lips touched it was quick without feeling. His lips tasted like chapstick... Jaxon's taste like candy. It's like every time I kissed him he just had went to a carnival and raided the cotton candy. It wasn't as long as Jaxons kisses either. Those were long as if he was trying to savor the moment or hold my face in his hand a little longer. Or maybe time just slowed down when his lips touched mine but either way the second Timmy kissed me it was like my entire body sounded the alarm that it wasn't Jaxon. When he backed up his eyes immediately met mine and to my horror I was crying. Timmy looked defeated. His bright blue eyes looked confused and a little hurt. He leaned in again but this time to give me a hug and whisper in my ear without suspicion.

"I'm sorry Emily. If it makes you feel better I'll probably end up with a black eye," he laughed and I felt just a little better.

"Jaxon certainly is the jealous type," I replied.

"He's cute too, you got yourself a keeper," Timmy said and backed up giving me a wink. I laughed and he wished my mother goodnight.

I went inside with my mother and she gave me my phone back.

"I knew you'd come around," she said taking a sip of her glass of water.

"Mom what if I don't like Timmy in that way," I asked pausing.

"Where is this coming from doll," I thought you had a good time," she asked.

"Sort of but-" and I knew I had made a mistake. She slammed her glass on the counter top causing it to shatter into millions of pieces.

"NO BUTS! I'M SICK OF YOU BEING SO SELFISH." She yelled.

"I just want to be able to choose my own future!" I yelled back letting tears run down my face. She walked up to me and slapped me causing me to grab my face in pain. It was the first time my mother actually hurt me. She'd thrown glass near me or at the walls behind me but this time was different. I wished Dad was still there but he wasn't so I did the only thing I could and swallowed. My best bet was to play innocent... and subdue.

"I'm sorry mom you're right. I am just a child. Thanks for watching out for me," I said.

"That's my babygirl," she said walking up to wrap her arms around me and pat my head. Her emotions changed so quickly that I couldn't keep up.

I skipped school Monday and Tuesday. I skipped Monday to heal the bruise slightly and same for Tuesday. At least that's what I told myself. I actually just went to an empty prairie close to my house besides my bruise looked the same color of red it was before on Wednesday all I had to do was cover it up with some makeup. I had to be back at school on Wednesday because of SCOBDA and for two days I could lie and say that I had the flue but they would called my mom for any longer.

I didn't talk to anyone Wednesday morning and avoided all of my friends. I hadn't even talked to Jaxon. I blocked his number cause he kept calling and messaging me. I didn't want my mom to take my phone away out of suspicion.

So when it came to load up the vehicle to go to SCOBDA and I saw Jaxon. I didn't really want to sit next to him. Morgan and Katie noticed this so they pushed me in the middle of the seat. Jaxon sat to my right and Morgan sat on Katie's lap since our band director didn't notice.

It was an awkward silence until David spoke up.

"So uh is something up with the two of you. You're being...bearable" he asked.

"It's nothing," I said lying.

"Yeah right," Katie said rolling her eyes.

"It really is nothing," Jaxon mumbled staring out his window. Morgan flipped.

"Yeah, everything is wonderful. You legit admitted to the entire band that you loved her and would beat up everyone of them if they hurt her , kissed her in front of your penny something Club, and went on a double date with one of your friends, but the silent treatment is a sure cue that a relationship is doing okay." I tensed up and felt like crying again.

"I really don't want talk about this," I said my voice shaky. Jaxon looked at me and there was a tinge  of sadness in his eyes.

"Emily did the douche hurt you?" Katie asked.

"I-I kissed Timmy in front of him," I whispered. The vehicle had an aura of silence. I didn't actually cry and Jaxon kept looking at me like he was trying to do something but couldn't. I felt like horrid horrid girlfriend.

After we got their Morgan, Katie and I hung out until we could get out number to audition. They didn't ask about Jaxon. When they finally started giving out numbers Katie and I abandoned Morgan. Katie was the second to audition even though she was supposed to be seventh so she stayed with me to wait. I was number thirty-seven but I had nothing better to do and waited at my door. I got bored though and went to go find Morgan who had made some friends.

"Hey I met some people," she said. I was a little nervous. Morgan's always been the outgoing social one. She's super pretty and makes friends easy.

"Hey, I'm Emily and this is Katie," I said.

"I'm Meranda!" one said.

"This is Aliya," Morgan pointed out.

"Hey I'm Konnor," the guy said. They were really awesome. We talked about cute guys and argued on whether or not Morgan's cousin was hot. He isn't. He's not bad but meh. I was letting Konner use my phone to show us something but it wouldn't load and sadly before it did I had to run to the audition. I got there and I still had more time and ran back to our new friends. At least I hoped they were. They were all really fun and I wanted to know them better. But sometimes at these events you don't get to talk to those people again. I came back and we all jumped right into conversation. I started to feel a little less nervous.

"Emily, Konner's a seventh grader," she pointed out and I was shooook. I thought he was a freshman and so did Katie and Morgan. They acted much more mature than seventh graders. Morgan than had Konner guess our grades and he though all of us were freshman. But he was wrong since Katie was a senior. I was really glad that Morgan introduced herself to them. I probably would have never had the guts to do it.

That's when I really did have to do the audition. I ran back and played. I did okay. I messed up the end of my chromatic scale and only two or three notes of my etudes. It was the best I had ever done in an audition room. I always used to get so nervous that I would ruin the entire thing. When I walked out everyone was their since I was last to audition they all asked how I did and I ran with Morgan to the vehicle to put my instrument up quickly. We ran back to our friends and did a ton of goofing off. We also met a legend by the name of Kookie The Dancer he left quickly though. I wasn't sure how but somehow we all ended up enter twining our arms and running through the empty halls. At first it was a ton of us but it ended up being just me, Morgan, and Konner. The only problem is that they were dragging me backwards.

That's when we ran into Jaxon. We got up and I had to look him in the eye.

"Hey," I said under my breath. He just nodded his head and walked away.

"Who's that," Konner asked.

"Nobody," I replied. But when we all got sat at a table with Meranda and Aliya he asked again. Of course Morgan told the whole story.

"That's heckin crazy," commented Meranda.

"Why don't you talk to him," Aliya asked and I looked away.

"I don't know, I just feel so guilty," I admitted.

"You need to talk to him," Meranda said.

"Yeah from everything Morgan said he sounds like a keeper," Aliya said.

"Plus he's cute, no need to ruin what's fine," Konner chipped in. I took a deep breath.

"What if he hates me," I asked and Morgan looked me in the eye.

"He doesn't hate you Emily," she said and I nodded not looking her in the eye but at her beanie.

"Yeah, I hope you aren't wrong," I said.

I went outside and found Jaxon talking to David. They were goofing off doing who know's what but as soon as they saw me all went quiet once again.

"Hey we need to talk," I said looking away.

"Yeah," he said and David gave him a nod before walking away. I sat down next to Jaxon.

"I have to admit that hurt a lot," he said.

"I'm so sorry," I said tears already gathering in my eyes.

"My mom she she she m-made-" I started but was caught off guard by Jaxon wrapping his arms around me.

"Listen I was more upset about you ignoring my calls and messages." he said.

"Timmy told me everything... he's a good guy he'd never throw you under the bus like that." he said and I kept crying in his arms.

"Emily what's wrong? Everything's okay... it hurts like heck but I know that it was my decision to make our relationship secret and my choice to understand that you have to use Timmy as basically a shield. I should have been a man and faced your mom head on. I should have told her I wanted to be with you instead of taking the cowards way-"

"Stop" I said cutting him off. He sounded so upset with himself and I couldn't take it. "It wouldn't have worked she doesn't listen to anyone. When she wants something that's it for her. Nothing can changer her mind," I said.

"I know but I-" I cut him off with a kiss.

Even in the kiss I was crying. His lips tasted like cotton candy and he smelled of cologne. He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. I may have been the one to start it but Jaxon started kissing me like he had something to prove. It felt like forever with his hands on my waist and mine running through his hair. He finally ended the kiss and put his head in my neck. I thought about how he caught my eye eighth grade year. When I thought him the freshman boy was a jerk, and would never like me, some stupid eighth grader, back. But here we are now a freshman and a sophomore with both hearts ready to beat out of each other's chest both breathless from kissing. I leaned my head on his shoulder while he rested his head in the crook of my neck. I kept crying as he held me closer. Eventually he rested his head on mine and looked me in the eyes. He kissed me a few times softly and just kept his head there with his eyes closed.

"I love you," said under his breath... his voice deep and raspy. Than he opened his eyes and grabbed my left cheek with his hand. He than began to rub it with his thumb.

That's when the look in his eyes flipped. They went from hurt and love to blank and concerned in the blink of an eye.

"Emily, why is there a bruise on you face?"

————————
I apologize for the long-ish authors note but I want to make it very clear that Tiffany, Emily's mother, is very fictional. Although certain aspects of this book are real many events are exaggerated and/or fictional. For example in real life Emily does not have a boyfriend named Jaxon. She's a single Pringle. She also isn't as hot.😂

I'd also like to shoutout a few of the real life people in this book and let you go follow their awesomenesses. Btw the SCOBDA people are all real and every one of them is as amazing in person as in this book and you are going to read more about them. Katie, Morgan, and Cori are my best friends in real life as well. They're just as goofy and loving! Also please vote on my chapters so I know you're their! I really love the support!
Zhe-Awesome-Katie
deathninja001
Christiangirl2oo4
mythsaremypsychology
CoraBlack17_

ALSO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO CRINGEY. I WILL BE BACK OM WEIRD COMEDY NEXT CHAPTER.😣

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INFORM THAT I MOST LIKELY WILL NOT PUBLISH ANOTHER PART UNTIL DECEMBER 3RD BECAUSE I OVER PUBLISHED THIS WEEK AND WILL BE BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND NOT HAVE AS MUCH TIME TO WRITE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 304 24
In many ways, Leslie Mitchell is just like her father Shawn. Cocky, sarcastic, has a knack for causing trouble, funny, fiery, and let's not forget, c...
192K 4.4K 18
Jax and Cori grew up together. They, along with Opie, were best friends growing up, but Cori always saw Jax differently. She watched him go through s...
1.5K 235 40
"Uh, Melissa! The truth is," Jason mumbled and our eyes locked "That I-I'm in love with you" he stuttered and I was stunned. My heart started racing...
81 0 18
"𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒏." 𝑱𝒂𝒙𝒐𝒏 𝑨𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝑩𝒍𝒖𝒆 is a very unique girl. She has unique eyes. She has uniqu...