The Rose

By aliciarenenell1993

(Rosalie Potter Rewritten Version) A/N- I do not own any of the Harry Potter series plot lines or the charact... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83

Chapter 27

4.3K 114 40
By aliciarenenell1993

Thursday during lunch Rose sat next to Ron, and Hermione and Harry sat opposite them. She could hear Pansy Parkinson asking Draco about his arm and Draco making up a big lie. Rose rolled her eyes as she looked down at her book in front of her.

She was reading through her Defence Against the Dark Arts book, she was curious about what they would learn about, especially with Professor Lupin. Lunch ended and they made their way towards the DADA classroom. Professor Lupin wasn't there yet.

Rose took a seat behind Harry and Hermione, she took out her books, Parchments and Quill just as the rest of the students did.

"Good afternoon." Professor Lupin's voice came from behind them. "Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today will be a practical lesson and you will need only your wand." Lupin says. Rose puts all her things in her bag except for her wand.

"Right then, if you will follow me." Professor Lupin says and started to walk out, the rest of the class stood up and followed him. He led them down the corridor and around the corner where they saw Peeves the Poltergeist floating upside down in mid-air and stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum. Rose watched in interest as Peeves turned around to look at Lupin and then he started singing a son.

"Loony, loopy Lupin." Peeves repeated over and over. Rose looked towards Professor Lupin, but instead of an irritated look, she found him smiling at Peeves.

They continued walking and Professor Lupin stopped in front of the staff room. "Inside please." He said and opened the door. Upon entering Rose saw Professor Snape sitting in an armchair. Professor Lupin entered and started to close the door. "Leave it open, Lupin. I'd rather not witness this." He stood up and walked to the door before turning around again, "Possibly no one's warned you Lupin, but this class contains Neville Longbottom. I would advise you not to entrust him with anything difficult. Not unless Miss Granger is hissing instructions in his ear." Snape said. Rose could see Neville turning red and Harry glaring at Snape.

"I was hoping that Neville would assist me with the first stage of the operation, and I am sure he will perform it admirably," Lupin says and Rose smiled, Snape glared then he left, shutting the door behind him.

Everyone stood still in the staff room when the closet in the room started to shake. "Who can tell me what that is?" Lupin asked.

"That is a boggart." Dean Thomas answered.

"Right. Now, what is a boggart?" Lupin asked.

"It is a shape-shifter. It can take the shape of whatever it thinks will frighten us most." Rose spoke up, causing Lupin to smile at her.

"Couldn't have put it better myself." Professor Lupin says. "So the boggarts sitting in the darkness within has not yet taken a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us most fears. This means that we have a huge advantage over the boggart before we begin. Have you spotted it, Harry?" Lupin turned towards Harry as he asked the question.

"Er – because there are so many of us, it won't know what shape it should be?" Harry says but it came out like a question as if he wasn't sure.

"Precisely." Lupin smiled. "The charm that repels a boggart is simple, yet it requires the force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a boggart is laughter. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find amusing." Lupin says looking over the students.

"We will practice the charm. Without wands please." Lupin says. "After me . . . Riddikulus." Lupin says. "Riddikulus." The class repeated.

"This class is riddikulus." Rose hears Draco say from the back of the class.

"Neville," Lupin mentioned for Neville to walk forward. "What frightens you the most?" Lupin asked

"Professor Snape." Neville managed to say out.

"Professor Snape frightens us all." Lupin laughs and Rose could see it made Neville feel a little better. "I believe you live with your grandmother," Lupin stated and Neville nodded.

"Yes, but I don't want the boggart to turn into her either," Neville says and Lupin let out a laugh.

"Can you see the clothes she wears?" Lupin asked and Neville started to say what she wears. "As long as you see it we will see it. Now here is what I want you to do." Lupin walked up to Neville and whispered into his ear.

Professor Lupin stepped back, he puts on music as he opened the closet with a wave of his wand. Professor Snape stepped out. Neville lifted his wand, "Riddikulus." Neville managed to get out and the boggart of Snape suddenly wore a dress with a big hat and a red handbag. The class roared with laughter.

"Parvati," Lupin said and the girl stepped forward. Then the next was Ron, his fear was a big black widow. He gave the black widow roller blades. Rose walked forward. She didn't know what hers would be.

Suddenly the black widow turned into, someone Rose was definitely afraid of. Voldemort, except he looked like the young Tom Riddle from last year. No one but Harry knew who it was. He slowly stepped forward wand raise, suddenly Harry stepped in front of her.

Harry's boggart turned into a dementor, just as Lupin jumped in front of him. "Here," Lupin shouted and Rose watched as the boggart turned into a full moon, and clouds that started to uncover the moon.

"Riddikulus," Lupin says and the full moon turned into a balloon, that was deflating, and forcing it back into the closet.

"That is enough for today. Back to class everyone." Lupin says and most of the students who didn't get a turn groaned but walked back to the class.

Rose stood still for a moment, wondering why Professor Lupin would be afraid of the full moon. Rose turned and followed everyone out of the staffroom. Her mind still of Professor Lupin's fear.

Friday came and Rose was happy that it was the weekend. The day went by fast and Rose gathered her potions book, quill and parchment. After dinner, she went to the library.

Rose was dressed in comfortable clothes, that was not her normal uniform. A pair of jeans and a tank top with flats, along with the bracelet she picked up in her second year.

Rose waited for Draco to show. The essay was to be handed in Monday during their potions lesson.

"Sorry, I'm late. I couldn't find my books." Draco says as he sat down next to Rose. "It's all right. I wasn't waiting long." Rose smiled at him.

"So I was thinking that we could ask Professor Snape was a vial of the Love Potion, so we can hand it in with our essay," Rose says looking down at her essay.

"Yeah, that could work," Draco says, Rose looked up and saw Draco staring at her.

"What?" She asked looking at him in confusion.

"I'm going to do something and you can not get angry," Draco says and Rose stared at him. Suddenly he grabbed her cheeks with both hands and kissed her. Rose was shocked for a few seconds before she kissed him back.

Draco pulled away and Rose opened her eyes. "That was . . ." Rose started but then she saw Draco running out of the library. Rose gave out a sigh as she gathered her things and walked to the Gryffindor Common room.

Rose got her dorm and saw Hermione, fast asleep in her bed. Rose sat down on her bed. She sat for a while until she saw an owl sitting at her window. She stood up and opened the window. The owl flew in and sat down on her bed. The owl had a box and a letter.

Rose opened the letter first.

'My dearest Rose

I am so sorry I kissed you, but I couldn't resist it any longer. I have liked you since I first saw you, but when you got sorted into Gryffindor, I tried to get over it. In second year I was going to tell you how I feel, but then I saw you in Diagon Alley. I offered to help you in Flourish and Blotts, and when you weren't looking a slipped the bracelet into your pocket.

D.M

Rose smiled, she set down the letter and opened the box. Inside the box was a red rose. Rose picked it up and underneath it was another note.

'This rose reminds me of you. My mother enchanted it for me, so it can go years without losing its colour or wilting.'

Rose smiled and sets the Rose back into the box and closed it. Rose got on her knees next to her bed and pulled out a big box. There was an extendible charm on it. Rose puts the box with the rose in the big box, closing it and pushing it back under the bed and she got dressed in her nigh wear before she climbed into her bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 379 15
Isabella Potter was kidnapped at the age of 11 by Voldemort. After 6 years, Isabella knows she has to do anything in her power to get out but especia...
100K 1.9K 70
---------------------------- When the Wizarding World falls. Who will Rise? 'You put your faith in the wrong person.Don't you see Potter? I was born...
32.4K 1.2K 23
What if Voldemort had a secret child? What if she had gone to Hogwarts, unaware of her father's identity? Harry, Ron, and Hermione's fifth year, they...
1.1M 44.5K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...