Captive [Eustass Kid x Reader]

By AbyssCronica

Eustass 'Captain' Kid. The wildest, cruellest pirate of the Worst Generation. You should have known better th... More

Day 0 [prologue]
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 - part one
Day 5 - part two
Day 5 - part three
Night 5
Day 6
Night 6 - part one
PLAGIARISM WARNING
Night 6 - part two
Night 6 [bonus]
Day 7 - part one
Day 7 - part two
Day 8
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 13 [bonus]
Day 14
Night 14
Day 15
Day 16
Night 16
Day 17
Day 18 and 19
Day 20
Day 21
Night 21 and Day 22 - part one
Day 22 - part two
Night 22 [bonus]
Day 23 - part one
Day 24 and 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28 [ENDING]
Epilogue
[related series]

Day 23 - part two

17.5K 590 645
By AbyssCronica

«...at that point, I knew my next blow had to be the last, or I'd go down.»

You quickly raised your eyes on him and suppressed a smile.

While Kid was telling his battle stories, he really looked like an amazed child.

His amber gaze was lost in the memories, and a far smirk lingered on his lips (currently painted with his new lipstick, you didn't fail to notice).

You lowered your focus on his hand on your lap and proceeded to apply the black polish on the rest of his nails.

After finishing your turn on the lookout, you had bumped into the captain, who took a look at your cleavage and decided you had other plans for the afternoon.

Since you left him high and dry the night before, he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Somehow, even when he aggressively buried his face in your chest, you managed to save the dress.

«So I stood up again and just summoned all the metal that I could. I hakied up, even if I was already at my limit.»

«You're so reckless.» you absently commented.

He scoffed.

«That's the whole point, birdie. I can't aspire to be the Pirate King if I'm not willing to put my body and my life on the line.»

«I know.»

After the intense activity, you both had a quick shower and were now spending some lazy time sat on his bed.

«He was so fast, for a second I thought he dodged my blow, but I managed to change the trajectory at the last second. And I got him.» a cruel smile spread on his face «I got him so well he ended up splattered all over the yard.»

«How cute.» you lightly blew on his nails «I'm done here.»

Kid brought his hand in front of his face to study your work. A wrinkle settled on his forehead.

«Wow, you're right when you say you suck at this. You really couldn't do a worse job.»

Oh, Kiddo.

A soft smile bent your lips as you quietly took his hand back in your lap.

He watched you with a frown, but let you do.

With a quick movement, you flipped the small flask of polish, pouring the whole content on his skin.

«Here, a worse job.»

His eyes widened and, for a second, he was frozen in disbelief.

You blinked at him.

«And now. Goodbye.»

You jumped and dashed to the door, taking advantage of the moment of stillness.

You barely made it out the cabin before the roar echoed through the ship.

«[Y/N]!!»

«Crapcrapcrapcrap.»

Wearing just shorts and a tank top, you ran for your life, hearing Kid chasing you.

Most of the crew was on the deck when you dived out, chills traveling over your skin for the low temperature.

It was a dark day, and you had entered a very cold area. Small icebergs floated on the black waters, and a cool wind was blowing from the North.

«GET THE FUCK HERE, BIRDIE!»

The pirates bristled at that yell.

«SURE!» you shrieked, not slowing up a bit.

Your frantic eyes spotted the first mate near the mast, and you cut through the crew to jump on him.

He was busy talking to the navigator, so he slightly stumbled when your arms wrapped around his neck and you climbed on his torso.

«What the...!»

«Save me, Killer!»

«[Y/n].»

Shivers ran down your spine when you heard Kid's voice not too far.

The men retreated like tides as he marched on the deck.

Still secured on his shoulders, you slipped behind Killer.

«You don't want me dead, do you, Massacre Soldier?» you whispered on the side of his helmet.

«Whatever happened, I'm sure you deserve it.»

«Killer, hand me the girl.» Kid ordered.

Your grip around his neck tightened.

«I'll forever be on your conscience if you do it.»

«I think I can live with that.» Killer replied.

You looked at him with an outraged expression.

«You are ruthless.»

With a swift movement, he grabbed the collar of your tank top and rolled you forward brusquely enough for you to let go of him.

«Here's your birdie, Kid.» he said, stretching you towards him.

«You traitor...!» you hissed, but your focus was soon back to the threatening captain, just a few steps from you «Ah-hem, okay Kid, now let's try to be mature about this.»

«Mature?»

His mechanical hand snatched you away from Killer, blocking your arms alongside your body.

A choked yelp escaped your throat, and in a second your faces were inches apart.

His amber eyes were on fire as his cruel smile hovered on your lips.

«I'll fuck you so hard and so long I'll make you forget your name.»

You swallowed, cheeks burning while something squeezed in your lower abdomen.

«W-Wait, Ki–»

But, whatever you were feeling at the moment, was instantly washed away by a sudden wave of haki that made your whole body tense up.

«Kid, wait!»

«Begging won't help you, birdie, although I'll hear enough of your pleadings by the end of the day.»

«No, I'm serious!» you tried to wiggle out of his grip «We're under attack!»

He frowned.

«What?»

Killer, who was discreetly trying to walk away, immediately turned back to you.

«Are you sure?»

«If this is a trick to save yourself...»

«I wouldn't do that.»

You looked at Kid in the eyes and, after a few seconds, he decided to believe you.

He put you down and you ran to the railing.

Killer raised his head to the crow's nest.

«HEAT!»

The pirate peered down.

«Any ship in sight?»

Heat checked around with the telescope, then shook his head.

«I can't see anything.»

Several men had gathered around you.

«[Y/n], where are these enemies supposed to be?»

Heat was right, even you couldn't see or sense any ship approaching. Yet, your haki was screaming alarm in your head.

«Hold on, let me concentrate.»

You closed your eyes, switching your Observation from passive to active and pushing it all over your surroundings.

At first no physical threaten was spotted. Then you found it.

«Fishmen!» you exclaimed, eyes opening «They are attacking from underwater! There are...» you pinched the bridge of your nose «Eighteen... no, nineteen, fast approaching. They'll try to sink us in a matter of minutes.»

Killer turned to his captain.

«Kid.»

«I know.»

The redhead smirked and brought his hand in front of him, violet rays dancing among his fingers.

You frowned.

«What are you doing?! We should–»

«Calm down, [Y/n]. This ship is a weapon itself.» Booka smirked by your side.

«There are special pieces of metal incorporated all over it. As long as Kid is on board, they cannot sink us.» Killer added.

A sadistic joy spread on the captain's face.

«Well, I'll be firing blindly now. You tell me when they are close to the keel, birdie.»

«Firing?» you blinked «Gah, anyway, five fishmen on each side about... okay, NOW!»

Kid bent over and touched the deck with his flesh hand.

You saw brief magnetic rays traversing the beam for a moment. Then the whole ship was shaken violently.

You grabbed the railing.

«What the hell is going on?!»

Angry waves departed from below you. Some of them were dyed in red.

You touched your temple.

«Four of them are gone!»

«It means I got them with my metal.» Kid smiled.

«This is... fucking awesome.» you breathed, looking at him.

His smile grew wider.

«Buuut, they are angry and about to jump on board.»

The crew didn't waste the time provided by Kid's first attack, and they were all ready for the fight.

The Mohican threw you your rifle and a bag of bullets.

«Sweet.» you mumbled, hurrying to load it.

Kid pulled out one of his knives and turned to you.

«In case they come close.» he quickly hissed, putting it on your belt.

Your heart speeded up for a second.

«Thanks.»

Once prepared, you turned towards the opposite side of the deck.

«Kai, DOWN!»

The poor guy's eyes widened seeing your rifle pointed at him, and he dived to the ground just in time.

You shot and hit the first fishman who tried to jump on the railing.

«Your Observation is something else.» Killer said, scythes snatching out of his gauntlets.

Shortly after, about dozen of fishmen jumped on board.

«The big one is mine!» Kid shouted, engaging the one that seemed to be the leader, a half goblin shark type.

Soon, the yells and clangs of the battle echoed all over the deck.

«I shit you not,» you groaned, back to back with Heat «I was hoping for AT LEAST one day of peace!»

«Then you are on the wrong ship.»

«GET THE ONE WITH THE OBSERVATION!» one of the fishman roared, before being engaged by Killer.

«Me. Why do they always what me?» you grumbled, firing a couple of bullets.

«Because you're annoying!» the Mohican shouted, gunshot colliding against a sword.

«It was a rhetorical question!»

Unfortunately for you, there was one smart enemy among them.

An octopus type slipped away from Wire and threw himself at two recruits who were already in trouble against another fishman.

«Alright, haki user, save your comrades.»

And indeed, your haki warned you.

You dodged a blow from the closest enemy and rolled over on the ground, aiming and shooting.

The first fishman went down, but the octopus was now too close.

«GUYS, GET AWAY!» you shouted, jumping forward and positioning your rifle once again.

You knew the octopus had noticed you, but you genuinely thought you could be quick enough.

Not this time.

He sneered, stopping at the last second and turning to you.

One of his tentacles darted on your weapon, wrapping around it and giving a curt tug.

You let go of it as soon as you realized how close you were to the railing.

He tried to hit you with your rifle but you avoided it, jumping aside.

You saw another one of his tentacles darting on the nearer recruit.

«WATCH OUT!»

You managed to reach him and push him away just in time. But not fast enough to dodge it yourself.

The blow violently centred your side and you fell backwards.

To your horror, your back hit the railing and, a second after, you felt your body precipitating in the void.

Crap.

I'm falling in the sea. Against the fishmen.

I couldn't do anything more stupid than this.

«[Y/N]!!»

Your name was the last thing you heard before the icy black water enveloped you.

The cold almost tore apart the little air you gathered in your lungs before the splash.

You immediately opened your eyes, trying to regain the surface.

It was very dark down there, but a twirl of bubbles not too far away allowed you to see an enemy speeding up towards you.

Fuck.

It was a matter of seconds for a fishman to reach you, and you were totally defenceless.

Or not.

You stopped and waited the last moment.

He was on you, ready to bite your head off with his shark teeth.

You pulled out Kid's knife and sank it into his ribs, as deep as you could, relying on your haki.

Black blood spurred from the wound and he screamed.

But he managed to punch you. Hard, on your stomach.

The air escaped your lungs in a vortex of silver bubbles.

Blinded by pain and blood, you pressed a hand on your mouth not to inhale the freezing water.

You tried to kick, but you weren't sure where the surface was anymore, and the pain bent you in half.

Something moved very close. If it was a new enemy or the old one, you couldn't tell.

Reached your breakpoint, your body breathed automatically, and choking ice invaded your throat, then your lungs.

It was horrible.

Shaken by spasms, your blurred vision caught another fishman approaching.

You closed your eyes.

It's over.

Eustass Kid.

Thank you.

Instead of the final blow, however, a darker cloud exploded around you.

More blood?

My blood?

A strong arm hooked you, pulling your frozen body against a warm torso.

In your last glimpse of consciousness, you thought you saw a human face closer to yours, with waves of clear hair all around and sharp eyes glowing in the darkness.

You felt fingers closing your nostrils and soft lips on yours.

A stream of air was blown in your mouth, but the water was already everywhere inside you, and it was so cold...

You abandoned yourself to sleep.

The very moment Killer re-surfaced, his free hand lowered the helmet on his head.

«PULL US UP!» he shouted, keeping your face afloat.

You were rapidly turning blue.

«No no no no, [Y/n], don't do this shit to me.» he growled, pressing your stiff body against his.

A rope was immediately thrown at him, and the men on board hoisted you both up.

The battle was over. Most of the fishmen were already dead, but some were taken captive.

«Lock these bastards in my playroom!» Kid harshly ordered before quickly joining the group that gathered to the railing.

Killer climbed on the deck, lying you down in hurry.

«CALL THE DOCTOR!» he shouted immediately «She's not breathing, there is no heartbeat.»

Kid's eyes widened.

«What?»

The first mate lost no time and started the reanimation procedure.

«You're kidding me, right?» the Mohican gasped.

«[Y/N]!»

«Make room!»

The doctor voice made the crew step back.

The little man dropped his bag and kneeled by your face.

He rapidly checked your vital parameters.

«Okay, Killer-san, stop after 30 compressions.»

The Massacre Soldier obeyed, and the doctor blew some air in your mouth.

Kid stood there, frozen, eyes glued to your light blue face, like the rest of the crew.

«A sharp push, now!»

Killer squeezed your sternum, and you suddenly threw your head to the side and coughed a long stream of water.

«There's heartbeat!» Killer choked.

The cheers of the men were cut short by his hand frantically moving on your chest.

«She's still not breathing on her own, and the beat is... weaker and weaker.»

«She's freezing.» the doctor hissed, then turned to Wire «Get the water running in the captain's bathroom. NOT TOO HOT! Less than your body temperature, or she'll go in shock. GO!»

The pirate ran away.

Killer reprised his massage and the doctor breathed some more air in your lungs.

«Don't do this to me, birdie.» Kid whispered, kneeling beside you «Don't you fucking do this to me. I'm gonna kill you if you die, you hear me?»

You coughed again and more water followed. A feeble whine left your lips.

«[Y/n]!»

«Good, this is good.» the doctor said «We have to bring her in the shower now.»

Kid immediately lifted your cold body, dashing to his cabin. The doctor tagged along.

«And for fuck's sake, someone get Heat and Booka out of the water too!»

When they reached the bathroom, Wire had the tub filled. The doctor tested the temperature.

«It's fine. Take the wet clothes away and put her in.»

Kid's eyes flicked on Wire.

«Get out.»

The pirate complied instantly, and the captain tore away your clothes before carefully lowering you in the warm water. After a few seconds, you began to shake uncontrollably.

«It's a good thing, her body is fighting back now.» the doctor explained «She's breathing on her own. Hey girl... girl, can you hear me?»

He gently squeezed your shoulder.

Your eyebrows twitched as your arms slowly wrapped around yourself.

«K-Kid...»

«I'm here.» the captain grit his teeth, his hand grabbing your bicep «I'm right here, birdie.»

«It's cold.»

Your voice was so weak they barely heard you.

The doctor turned to Kid.

«You know, captain, body heat can only help.»

Without a word, the redhead threw away his fur and vest and got in the tub, bringing your small figure on his lap.

You curled up against his torso, still trembling, craving for more warmth.

«Looks like her colour is coming back.» the doctor sighed «I think we're past the critical point. Try to keep her awake until her temperature matches yours, and call me if anything doesn't feel right. She will experience muscle cramps and pain. You can gradually raise the temperature of the water. I'm going to calm down the crowd here outside.»

Given his instructions, the little man stepped out of the bathroom.

Kid held you on his chest, checking your heart and breathing.

«Talk, [Y/n].» he quietly ordered «Tell me about something.»

You unconsciously rubbed your forehead against his pectorals.

«But I'm... so tired...»

«Don't fall asleep.» he hissed, lifting your chin «Tell me about Marineford. Did you fight Whitebeard?»

«Whitebeard...» your lips tightened for a second, your eyes stayed close «I saw... I saw Whitebeard dying.»

«Yes. Keep talking. What else?»

«It was... sad. I think he... looked towards Fire Fist before... you know. And I was there, so... maybe he looked at me too.»

The image appeared in your cold mind.

You had just covered the pirate's body with a cloak.

The Emperor's last look was for his fallen son, and you happened to be on the line of his gaze.

Your heart stopped when you realized it, but your fingers brushed your Marine hat – as a form of greeting, a nod, just to say "don't worry. I got this covered. I will let him rest in peace now."

The following days, you came to know that half of the Marines claimed Whitebeard looked their way right before dying, so you thought that maybe you had just imagined it.

Kid shook you.

«Stay awake. Is that all you have to say about that war?»

«Mm... before dying, he said... he said... the One Piece is real.» a small smile tugged your mouth «I felt... so happy.»

«Do you want to find the One Piece, birdie?»

«I... I don't...»

«Tell me the truth.»

You pouted, trying to dive deeper in his warmness. His flesh arm pressed you against him and his face came to rest on your shoulder.

«I think... Captain Kid...» you nuzzled against his skin «How... how can someone live in a world where the One Piece exists... and not chase it?»

It was night when you woke up.

The cabin was in complete darkness, and the ship was rolling quite wildly. Heavy rain was tapping against the porthole.

The flash of a thunder suddenly lit up the room, the rumble echoing on the sea shortly after.

You were on the bed wrapped in numerous blankets. All your limbs felt numb and pierced by millions of tiny needles.

A small whimper left your mouth.

«You're awake.»

You moved your eyes beside you.

Kid was sitting on the bed, blankets covering only half of his body.

His chin was resting on his metallic hand, gaze lost beyond the porthole, far in the storm.

«I... did I fall in the water?»

«You don't remember?»

You squinted.

«Barely.»

«You almost drowned and almost froze. At the same time.»

«Ugh.» you tried to move your arm, but immediately regretted it «I feel like shit.»

Kid didn't reply. He didn't even look at you, actually.

You glanced at the stormy sea.

The shouts of the men trying to keep the ship steady were audible from the deck.

«You can go help them.» you whispered.

«Nah, Killer got this.»

«Killer... it was Killer who saved me, wasn't it?»

«Yes.»

So... was it really his face what I almost saw?

«I have to thank him.»

Again, he didn't say anything, eyes fixed on the black sea.

«Kid. Are you angry?»

He took a deep breath. Finally, he turned to you.

«No. Just don't try to die again any time soon, will you?»

You forced a weak smile on your face.

«Were you worried about me, Eustass "Captain" Kid?»

The corner of his mouth twitched in an irritated smirk.

«Thank your god you're recovering, birdie, or I'd wipe away that smile from your face.»

You closed your eyes, letting out a small giggle.

«How are the others?»

«They're fine. Maybe Heat and Booka risked some freezing as well.»

«What? Why?»

«Because they too jumped after you, dumbass.»

«They did?!»

Kid groaned, lying down beside you.

You waited a few moments, then clumsily crawled on his chest.

His warmness spread to your sore body, and you sighed in relief.

Slowly, his arm came around you, his fingers fiddling with your locks.

Another lighting projected the shadows on the wooden walls.

«You know...» you quietly said «Very few Marines would jump after me in that situation.»

Kid relaxed, still playing with your hair.

«I'm not surprised. Well, Heat, that idiot – he would jump in the fire for you.»

Those words were unexpected from him. He had a grimace on his face, but you heard no hint of annoyance in his voice.

Plus, knowing that someone would "jump in the fire" for you made your stomach churn.

Never in your life you had deemed something like that possible.

«You're not jealous of him, are you?»

Kid scoffed.

«No. I trust some of the men with my own life. Plus, he has his little whore.»

«Hey! Those two are cute.»

«Don't make me throw up, birdie.»

«He's a romantic, so what?»

«A romantic!» Kid growled «Stop it, I really want to vomit.»

You chuckled.

«What about Wire? I have a hard time getting that dude.»

«Wire has... weird tastes. Let's leave it as such.»

«Yes please. And Booka?»

«Don't worry, he's not into you, birdie. Booka likes big women. The bigger, the better.»

You snickered.

«What about Killer?»

Kid's demeanour suddenly changed.

«What is this, an interrogation?» he asked, irritated.

WTF, so Killer's tastes are off limits?

«Don't yell at me, I'm weak and suffering.»

«Then shut up and sleep, if you don't want to be more suffering.»

«Rude.»

You relaxed against him.

«Kid.»

«What now?»

«Thanks for staying with me.»

His fingers stopped for a second.

«Sleep, birdie.»

*

Just a small clarification: when I write "big women" I mean big for One Piece standards. Like Smoothie, O-Kiku or Chiffon, for example.

Reader's body type is not specified, but she's human size – therefore not that big.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 842 22
You've been running from your past for three years now. Three years since you fell into the sea and hoped you'd never get up again. But you did and n...
36.9K 1.9K 27
γ€Š _____ lives as a fortune teller. Tarot, magic stones, hand reading... Maybe not quite a noble job in the eyes of most people. But the problem come...
81.1K 4.2K 31
After past childhood traumas Y/N sets out to become a marine. After 15 years the feelings she once felt finally begin to catch up to her and memories...
5K 221 9
Only on the day you had decided you'd take your miserable life and everyone in the near proximity with you, does Eustass Captain Kid walk into the sa...