Innocently Falling

By Imisshoe

Meet Ella a simple minded girl who just wants to go out of her small town to grow as a person. She is quirky... More

Chapter 1: Here I come
Chapter 2: It Begins
Chapter 3: Interview day
Chapter: 4 Work. Work. Work.
Chapter 5: Curious
Chapter 6: A fabulous Friend
Chapter 7: Routine
Chapter 8: Crush
Chapter 9: Meal
Chapter 10: Something fishy
Chapter 11: delivery
Chapter 12: just a stomach ache
Chapter 13: Am I dead?
Chapter 15: Caring for You
Chapter 16: Hospital Vacation
Chapter 17: Furious
Chapter 18: Hallucination
Chapter 19: Microwave
Chapter 20: formal wear not required
Chapter 21: Coffee date??
Chapter 22: D-Day
Chapter 23: Missing you.
Chapter 24: Giddy
Chapter 25: Daddy
Chapter 26: Warmth
Chapter 27: My Escape
CHAPTER 28: Teflon
CHAPTER 30: The Boss
CHAPTER 29: Impossible
Chapter 31: What If
Chapter 32: IG official
Chapter 33: Save the Planet
Chapter 34: Dark side
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Amen
Chapter 37: Displacement
Chapter 38: Oh brother
Chapter 39: Meeting
Chapter 40: Birthday
Chapter 41: Bitten fruit
Chapter 42:BJ
Chapter 43: Hooker
Chapter 44 Spongebob
Chapter 45: SleepOver
Chapter 46: Physical
Chapter 46: $100
Chapter 47: 4.0
Chapter 48: Assignment
Chapter 49: Hybrid
Chapter 50: Bleeding
Chapter 51: College adventures
Chapter 52: let it go
Chapter 53: M.I.B
Chapter 54: looney toons
Chapter 55: The pre-nup
Chapter 56: I do not!
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 4 ver. 2.0
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 5 ver 2.0
Chapter 5 version 3.0
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus chapter 11
Bonus Chapter 12

Chapter 14: Nurse

43.6K 1.6K 474
By Imisshoe

Chapter 14: Nurse

Dr. Smith explained to me pretty much what Gideon explained to me a while ago, but the doctor uses medical terms that I can't understand that I need Web MD to translate it for me. He also mentions that I need to stay in the hospital for one week to complete my IV antibiotics and my "Fiancé" insisted that I need to stay here in the hospital because no one will take care of me at home.

Gideon has a point as usual, but I am worried about my hospital bill. I don't know if my insurance will cover all my expenses. I have a savings from my salary, but I don't know if it is enough. I didn't even notice that Gideon went out with the doctor.

After a few minutes Gideon went back inside my room and he slowly approach my bed, he acts as if I will throw something to him any minute. As if I can do that. I love my Job and my life. Who in their right mind will not like being the fiancé of the great James Arthur Gideon Rosen Hower? Gosh his name is mouthful! This is the golden time to tease him. Hope to God that he will not fire me.

"Sweetheart?" I saw his eyes widen for a fraction of a second then it is suddenly gone.

He suddenly smirks, and he reaches my bedside in just three strides. He sat down on the side of my bed and bent his body so that his face is close to mine. I can feel his breath on my face.

What the? I thought I was supposed to tease him but why am I the one who is suddenly flustered by his actions. He caresses my cheeks with his right hand. I have an urge to press my cheeks further in to his palms, but I stop myself. It is not appropriate at all.

"Yes sweetheart? Do you need something? Perhaps a bed bath?" he said in a whisper/ alluring voice. What the heck!! He wants to bed bath me? Sure! My mind is conjuring different pictures of him doing my bed bath. I can feel my face going hotter. Naughty thoughts get away!

"Sure! Yes I mean No!" when this will end? I think there is a limit of embarrassing yourself in a day right? I've been awake for less than an hour and I've embarrass myself so many times that I want to just disappear like right now.

In the midst of my shameful action Gideon is smiling like a lunatic and take note he is still caressing my face. This is the first time that I saw him smiling so freely. Where did the stoic CEO go?

"You are so fun to tease Ella."

"Is that so? I believe sir that you are enjoying too much. Am I right?"

"Yes, sweetheart you are absolutely right. Now I believe that I owe you a bed bath." He stands up and starts to stretch his arms, back and including his neck.

Think Ella think! You must stop him from giving you a bed bath even if you are dying to receive one. No need to put another nail in your coffin by him seeing your big ass body!

"No need for bed bath sir I am fine. I smell wonderful I hope so. I can wait the next day to take a shower "I looked at him wide eyed to hypnotize him or something to believe my lie. Wait its not a lie it's the truth!

He stops stretching his body and looks at me. "Are you really sure? I can hear the desperation from your voice that you want one." Then he resumes stretching his arms by interlocking it. Did I mention that he is still wearing a three piece suit?

"Desperate? Me?No. Right now I am desperate for some....uhmm...food. Yes right food. Am I allowed? I am famished already its like I ate 15 hours ago. Food is much more appreciated than a bed bath."

He stops doing his warm ups and straighten his body. He looks at me and his eyes are blazing from anger? Frustration? Or maybe both. " You did not eat for 15 hours?! Why did you not tell me? I'll call the doctor and on what food you can take. You better eat it all."

It is almost 4am. I don't think the doctor is still awake. No one will answer him.

As he retrieves his phone from his coat pocket I hear him mutter "I better pen in her eating schedule on my phone" that is ridiculous. I hope I heard wrong. What kind of boss who gets frustrated when his employee forgot to eat?

I look at him while he makes a call. I am shock that the person on the other line answers him at this hour. He hangs up less than a minute and make a second call and the same as the first one he hangs up less than a minute. No hello or thank you. Just straight to the point.

"The doctor told me you can eat soup and some bread. Water is the only allowed for you to drink. He also told me to help you move your body slowly since it is already hour 8 from your surgery. The quicker you can walk the quicker you can eat solid food. By the way did you fart?" I looked at him bewildered by his question. "don't look at me like that the doctor says you must fart first before you start to eat. So, if I were you pass a gas already, so you can eat when the food I ordered arrives."

So, I need to move now, I started wiggling my toes and fingers on my hand. They are numb at first, but I can move it now they are kind of stiff, but I think it is normal.

"Okay please help me. I want to sit." He assists me on sitting properly he adjusted the head of my bed to 90 degrees and I slowly move back so my back is adjacent to the bed.

I twist my body to the left because I want to dangle my feet on the side of the bed. Gideon assist me, so I will not fall and place my IV line away from my body, so I will not get tangled from it.

After a few minutes I ask Gideon to support my back because I want to walk. He declines at first, but I just look at him in his eyes and told him I want to eat chicken and burger so bad so I wanna walk now as early as possible. He just sighs and grabs my waist without touching my stitches and slowly guide me in walking step by step.

We roam the whole room for 5minutes until I feel uncomfortable on my stomach area, a tell-tale sign that I am going pass a gas. I want to stop it, but I know I need it to let it go so without further ado I let it out. You know when you decide to fart there is a 50% chance that it will just be quiet, and no one will ever know that you farted unless they can smell it, well folks I am in the other 50% tile. I farted as If I haven't farted for a week.

Yup. At this point I should just buy a mask and wear it 24/7 because I have no dignity left. I just farted in a room with my boss in it. I think my name should be Ella "the Shameless" Hernandez right?

"sir?"

"yes?"

"uhmm"

I look up to look at his face. No emotion at all. Maybe he did not hear it?

Dream on girl dream on. You know I hate my conscience at times. Makes me feel dumb.

"I think this walking is enough don't you think?"

"no. I did not think Ella rather I heard it" He guides me back to my bed

"hear what? My stomach growling?" I sit on my bed and move back so I can dangle my legs again.

Gideon position the IV stand beside my bed. He turns around and removes his coat and place it on the cabinet near the door. His black long sleeve shirt fit his body just right showing a hint of muscles underneath it.

"Do you want me to elaborate on what I heard?" his eyes are full of mirth. He is teasing me again.

I cover my ears and pretend that I cannot hear him.

"let's just forget what happened five minutes ago please?" sheepishly smiling at him.

Shaking his head "okay princess."

Suddenly a knock is heard. "that must be your food"

He went to the door and opens it. After a few minutes he went back with 2 bags in his hand and a paper bag on the other hand. He places the bag on the dining table. Yes, this hospital room has a dining table for 6 people and did I tell you it has another room apparently for the relative who is staying with the patient. This room also has a couch and a French door that lead to the veranda. I told you this is not a hospital room more like a hotel room.

Gideon drags the bed side table in front of me and place a big bowl with steaming soup in front of me and a plate of mini sponge cake. He also put a water bottle. He also drags the coffee table in front of me and place a container with steak, salad, mash potato and a steaming cup of coffee. The smell of the steak makes me hungry.

"I ordered a chicken soup for you and sponge cakes. Now eat up slowly"

I muttered a thank you and he just nods and starting to cut the steak. Why is he eating a fudging steak in front of me? Is it medium well? I peek a little bit and to confirm my suspicion it is in fact medium well. Bastard,

"You know I hate you right now right?" He looks at me while chewing the steak slowly I might add. Adding more to the injury.

"I know. But I'll make you a deal. You know if you finish all that food. I promise I will give you steak or any food that you desired. Deal? "

"Really?" I can not hide the bright expression from my face. My irritation is gone just mention food.

"Really. So deal?"

"Yes!"

With enthusiasm I started to eat or is it drink? My soup. Maybe slurp my soup is also appropriate. Whatever.

You know there is a hanging issue between us or what they call an elephant in the room. The Fiancé thing. I don't know if I just accept it or I just ignore it. Being his fiancé is not that bad. He is attentive and caring and my crush is blossoming to another level that I do not want to acknowledge. I wish this will last long. So what Ella. What organ do you want to remove next so he can stay with you?

Did I say my conscience is a bitch??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 238K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
16M 561K 58
They're worlds apart, and this isn't high school, so how the hell did a homeless female writer end up renting a billionaire's mansion? And - hold you...
147K 3.9K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
291K 16.4K 43
Book 2 of innocently falling. This is the story of Cara and Blake the brother of Ella and bestfriend of Gideon. We were childhood sweethearts but une...