Taking cover

By Battle_Penguin54

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting... More

CHAPTER 1: Missing
CHAPTER 2: My Life
CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Stranger
CHAPTER 4: The boss
CHAPTER 5: Mission
CHAPTER 6: Control
CHAPTER 7: Late
CHAPTER 8: False Information
CHAPTER 9: Close one
CHAPTER 10: A worthy Opponent
CHAPTER 11: Task
CHAPTER 12: Lock n' load
CHAPTER 13: The Plan
CHAPTER 14: A completely Normal Stakeout
CHAPTER 15: Hospital
CHAPTER 16: Screw Up
CHAPTER 17: Search
CHAPTER 18: Wounded
CHAPTER 19: Is this even qualified as an interrogation?
CHAPTER 20: Be Nice
CHAPTER 21: I'm here to help
CHAPTER 22: Thinking
CHAPTER 23: Suspicious
CHAPTER 24: Taking Action
CHAPTER 25: The Lab
CHAPTER 26: Apprehending the Traitor
CHAPTER 27: Bad Day
CHAPTER 28: Memory loss
CHAPTER 29: Quarters
CHAPTER 30: Are you sure its just a dream?
CHAPTER 31: Behind You
CHAPTER 32: Surprise!
CHAPTER 33: Freedom
CHAPTER 34: 6 Days
CHAPTER 35: DAY ONE
CHAPTER 36: Cut Short
CHAPTER 37: Back home?
CHAPTER 38: The Plan
CHAPTER 39: Just Acting
CHAPTER 40: Rescue
Chapter 41: Your Soul
CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?
CHAPTER 43: The Greatest Friends!
CHAPTER 44: Nothing
CHAPTER 45: Forwards
CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"
CHAPTER 47: Number eight
CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition
CHAPTER 49: His Weakness
CHAPTER 50: The Riddle
CHAPTER 51: An awkward morning
CHAPTER 52: Her lastname
CHAPTER 53: New Clothes
CHAPTER 54: Expensive doors
CHAPTER 55: The Machine
CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking
CHAPTER 57: Still with me
CHAPTER 58: Frisk
CHAPTER 59: She ran
CHAPTER 60: The Voicemail
CHAPTER 61: Hate
CHAPTER 62: Frisk? Or 'Frisk'?
CHAPTER 63: The Liar
CHAPTER 64: Complicated
CHAPTER 65: Confusion
CHAPTER 66: It always has been
CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work
CHAPTER 68: Friends
CHAPTER 69: Sans' Fear
CHAPTER 70: To protect
CHAPTER 71: He hates it
CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?
CHAPTER 73: Scared
CHAPTER 74: Orange Maple Syrup
CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT
CHAPTER 77: Title number 77
CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?
CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end
CHAPTER 80: The first fall
CHAPTER 81: He won't get better
CHAPTER 82: Her only desire
CHAPTER 83: Can you seperate reality from imagination?
CHAPTER 84: DICE
CHAPTER 85: Lets talk.. not really
CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
CHAPTER 87: the last time
CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault
CHAPTER 89: Gone
CHAPTER 90: Gullible
CHAPTER 91: And so would you
CHAPTER 92: Chara is there
CHAPTER 93: Hostage situation
CHAPTER 94: Frisk
CHAPTER 95: A Tained Soul
CHAPTER 96: Losing her
CHAPTER 97: Love
CHAPTER 98: Together!
CHAPTER 99: Off the Radar
CHAPTER 100: Taking Cover

CHAPTER 76: Right here

1.1K 58 130
By Battle_Penguin54

Sorry about the little wait. I've been tired and just in a creativity hole. TBH, I am still in it. I painted for a while rather than writing, I admit, but I ringed out the towel and squeezed some creativity out.

——

??? POV:

If this goes all according to plan, I will succeed.
I will win, and they will fall.

It's inevitable.

I will have the perfect vessel. I will become the perfect human.

——

Sans POV:

Leaving the apartment complex, I was able to take a breather for a second and let my soul rest from the stress I have been putting on it for the past few days. It felt heavy and full of sadness, holding it in my palm, I could see the color fading, meaning I was running out of magic, and small cracks running down the center from the jumps I have been doing throughout the day.

Stupid 1 HP. Stupid messed up magic.
Why couldn't my magic be like Papyrus'? Why can't I have the power to protect him?

I quickly shook off the thought and put my
small soul back into the center of my chest with a small sigh of frustration. I'd have to refrain from using magic until my soul could heal. I couldn't allow myself to die when Chara was running around the HeadQuarters. I lit a cigar, inhaling the thick, dusted smoke with relief, and an exhale of a half-lidded sigh.

A slight, autumn breeze went by, causing the tops of the tall pine trees to blow in the direction of it. The morning breeze blew my loose, rolled up sleeves to the side, and my fallen suspends hung low around my lower femur. I looked up at the now dulled, grey sky. It was so monochromatic from the radiation and torture the humans caused it. It was kinda sad, to be honest.

We get here to see the beautiful skies and white clouds, but they, having being used to it, ruined its color trying to get rid of us.
Trying to wipe out a species.

Down the street from the apartment lobby I was propped up against, coming out of Muffet's bakery, I could see a dejected looking Papyrus walk out with heavy arms. His head hung slightly low and his eyes were locked on his feet. He began to walk more towards the food restaurants and stores at a rather slow pace. He was quite far down there, he was about the size of my finger, if I held it away from my face and squinted, closing one eye.

I should probably go see if he's okay. He's probably sad I left him hanging back there. It was a dick move but I really needed to go.

Im glad he's okay. That monster dust in the lobby really scared me. I thought he was gone. Chars has played that trick on me twice now, my biggest fear. Losing Papyrus.
I hated that feeling. That thought.

I need to report to Asgore that a few monsters were dusted today. I'm not sure how exactly I will tell him. 'Oh yeah, a mass murder is on the loose in HeadQuarters. Sorry about that.'

I inhaled the cigarette once more, a big inhale, when a slight twinge in my soul could be felt. It caused me to turn around to face towards the entrance doors to the Lobby of the apartments. "What?" I mumbled, slightly confused.
I didn't know what it was trying to tell me, but I just ignored it and shook my head once more, putting out the cigarette by stomping it out; smudging the sidewalk with a blackened streak.

Stepping towards the direction I last saw Papyrus, my soul throbbed once more, more painful this time. Holding my chest, I heaved, inhaling sharply and uncomfortably.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Monsters walking by looked at me with a questioning glance, small children pointing at me and grabbing their mother's sleeve to look. One woman, a monster of hot land, laid a hand on my shoulder and asked in a worried voice. "Sans? Are you alright?" Fuku asked, her green flames flickering. "I was on my way to my father's restaurant and my friends saw you almost collapse!" She asked.

"I'm alright." I heaved, breathing heavy. "Just tired. You know me, laziness can be contagious, ya know?" I half-grinned and stood up straight, shoving my hands in my pockets despite the constant throb of my soul.

"Let me see your stats. Maybe you lost some HP, or you may need to see Alphys, your soul could be having some trouble. This radiation really has been starting to get to some monsters and their magic." Fuku said. Reaching her hand towards me.

My eyes widened slightly, carefully avoiding her touch, I turned swiftly and hissed in pain slightly. "I'm fine!" I snapped, calming down. "I'm fine. I just need to get to Papyrus." I grumbled, turning around. I began to walk away from her, slightly pissed, but it wasn't her fault. I can't let anyone know my soul is cracking.

They wouldn't understand. I hate hiding it though.

I felt a small hand on my back, and I whipped around to see Fuku retracting her hand in fear.
"Your soul!—" she gasped, looking at me with confusion. "Your HP is below one! How is that possible?! You need to see Alp—!" She tried to exclaim.

"What did I fucking tell you?!" I snapped without knowing, interrupting her "I don't want you checking my Stats!!" I growled, blicking and backing away slowly.

Where the hell did that come from? I usually don't jump to yell to people.
I'm probably just agitated.

"Sorry! I just think that—" she pleaded, trying to get into my head.

"I'm just angry right now. Leave me alone." I said, turning my back to her once again. "I need to figure out why I'm so angry.." I mumbled to myself.

This isn't like me.

Using my last little bit of magic left for the day, I jumped to the end of the street to avoid her annoying cries of worry. I didn't need Alphys, I'll heal like normal just like last time my soul did this.

Landing the jump, I gasped and held my chest in the alleyway I landed in. It was shady and dark in the alleyway. I fell on top of some old boxes that were outside of Muffet's Bakery, attracting some attention from the outside of the alley.  My entire body was engulfed in the small box because of my size, and I clenched my soul with pain. I squeezed my eyes shut to try and block it out, but that wasn't an option either.

Why does it hurt so much?! I've overdone it this time. I need that medicine I used off an on in the hospital 7 years ago.

"A STRAY CAT? MUFFET DOES NOT APPRECIATE KITTENS IN HER ALLEY!" A familiar voice called from the outside of the alley. I ignored it was his voice called from the light. "COME OUT KITTY!"

I took my soul out, it emitting a faint glow. The cracks had gotten larger, forming blackened lines onto my soul. I hated that I was like this. My soul throbbed again, and I held it together in fear of it falling apart. Papyrus needed me. Frisk needed me, too.

I said I'd be her friend. I can't dust myself. I have to live.

"SANS?!" Papyrus called, walking closer, snapping me out of my trance. "SANS?! IS THAT YOU??" He called cheerfully and curiously. I quickly and messily put my soul back into my chest with my heart beating fast and breaking into a sweat. "OH! THANK ASGORE!!" He called, picking me up out of the box I had fallen into because of my unknown weakness. "IVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE! I'M NOT EVEN MAD YOU WERE PLAYING IN THE BOX! I WAS SO WORRIED!" He grinned, looking around with me in his arms. "WHERE'S FRISK?!" He looked around.

God, I can't speak. It hurts.

".. s-..." I tried to speak, putting a sad smile on my face. "She's ..a-at the ... apartment." I tried to say with a straight face. "y-you okay bro?" I said, looking at him with a confused look. Or, at least I tried. "Hey?" I said, after no response at first. "P-Papyrus?" I looked up to his face slowly and weakly.

"SANS? SANS! WAKE UP BROTHER!" He said, looking me In the eyes. "THIS IS NO PLACE TO TAKE A NAP! IVE BEEN SO WORRIED! I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND YOU FOR HOURS! AND I FIND OUT AT SUNDOWN IN A BOX?!" He said, suddenly not there anymore. It was dark. I couldn't move.

What's going on? I don't understand!

"SANS?" His voice quickly faded from my conscious.

I'm.... I'm r-...

Right he.... re

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 745 23
(Maybe he loved me when he took me by the hand, and tried to understand. ) "Don't leave me! Don't be the seventh maid in the row!" He tried to unders...
28.6K 795 10
(UnderTale rightfully belongs to the amazing Toby Fox, I am not creative enough to make that masterpiece. There is a person named symphysins who drew...
26.8K 770 37
Frisk just wants to save monster and humankind, but does she have the determination to do everything she wants? Especially as she has now been blamed...
2.1K 96 21
"Everyone has their story, but ours is no fairytale. We lived it. We both endured it. God, I just wonder why it all went so wrong..." "Not all of it...