The Defectors

By Imcrazyyouknow

We come into the world where freedom isn't something we can have. We can't afford it unless we gone through t... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter 27

37 8 9
By Imcrazyyouknow

Chapter 27

See you soon

This is his day, and normally we couldn't do anything as he going to be a part of it. Just before everyone wakes up on their bed, I headed my way out of the house to clear out my mind. The thought he would leave us right now dragged me into despair that I couldn't see again the person who I trust so much in this world. But then the reality of the cruel world happens. He has to go... he has to leave.

Walking down the cold, windy sunrise atmosphere. It feels like a natural weather condition for me but for anyone who will take down the path of being a part of the process were different. Some people would wish that their tests would be postponed or somehow failed to commence it this year, or they just don't want it to happen.

At this very young age, I'm still learning and growing into this world. I should've kept my head held high to what's coming.

When I reach the landfill, and the days I'm with my brother are over. From the past months, he has been teaching me a lot of things, on what should I do and what should I never do. There has been a lot of memories to keep in here and those I cannot wash away. I stopped when I notice something on the graveyard of electronics.

I pick the small chip with a blinking blue and red light. Somehow I thought it was something, just plain trash but suddenly the light goes in a rapid blink as it is making it more vicious and dangerous. I didn't hesitate to throw it upward as for the few seconds it sets off of my hand, it exploded. I fall on the ground as the impact caught me, it also creates smoke in the air. I cough many times as the smoke was roaming around and goes free to inhale and exhale it.

When the air was now clear, I stood up from the ground and wave my arms to keep the smoke away from me. I search for the tore pieces of the chip and it's burned and the smell isn't good, so I throw it back away.

It is funny how interesting it might be when you find something so good that you thought it will create something great but sometimes, those things won't make good and deceive you to death.

The clock's ticking and the sun started rising as the grey sky comes to light up in blue. The sun rays were going off around and I think it is a good sign for everyone that the process will take off today.

I walked to the other side of the landfill and found a somewhat decent leather red couch. When I reach it, I touch the fabric and the leather were far more being brittle and it is still good and just like that, I found myself sitting on it. I put my of my arms on the armrest, reclined my position and crossed my legs as it is watching the world developed into its cruelty again.

As I didn't mind, I got to have a nap.

"Dylan?" a familiar voice woke me up.

I open up my eyes and see my friend walking towards my direction. I seated properly as she comes and her reaction was trying to guess what I'm doing alone in the landfill. "Why are you here, best?"

Best, short for a best friend—well, for a fact that we couldn't give a name to everyone else until they reach the process and was given a name but when we're still in the Waste Land, we couldn't have a name. So we just made up something we could remember each other.

She smiles and tied her hair into a ponytail. "I should ask you that, what are you doing here? Did you slept here?" she asked.

I smirked, "no, I just had to be here."

"Hmm..." she thought, "I know why."

My forehead creased, "you know why, what is it then?"

"Your brother will go to the rebirth today, isn't it?"

I smirked.

"Am I right?" she asked.

I nodded, "I just don't want to see my brother walk away."

"You don't wanna say that, best." She said, "today will be the life-changing moment of his life and I think this time, he needed your support and you have to be there for him. If I have a brother like him, I would support him... yes, it might be lost a part of ourselves but doing that makes you more independent, makes you think of a goal that you also have to be where he is right now... so I think best, what you are thinking right now is a part of you don't wanna lose."

I took a deep sighed, "you might be right, best... but you couldn't blame me for thinking that."

"But I think you should go now, see your brother and make it the most of the day before he leaves... right?"

"I don't know..."

She holds my hand, "and think of this, he might be stepping into rebirth now but after few years, you, we get to be on it and on that time, you will get to be with your brother again, right? That's a concept you should look forward, best. Don't lose hope just because your brother will leave, make it more reasonable."

I also hold her hand and somehow her words lighten me up, "I think you really change my mind, best. Thanks for that..." I sighed, "I got to hold off of my brother before he leaves."

"Sure, now go." She said.

I hugged her before running out of the landfill and hurriedly came back to our house. It is also overwhelming to the feeling that everyone possesses such bravery, courage, and strength. As I'm heading back to our house, I get to encounter some people who are leading their way to the area where all of them are gathering and sending into the High Council facilities.

Not too long when I reach the house and as I enter the premises, I saw my brother hugging my Mother as he will take off his next journey on the rebirth. I just watched them from the doorstep and as they lose their hugs on each other, they notice my presence.

My brother look into me and smirked, "I thought I wouldn't get to talk with you before I go." He said.

"That was supposed to happen."

"And in the end, you chose to show up."

"I need to," I said.

"C'mon here, little brother." He said reaching his hands on me and I didn't hesitate to come into him and give him a hugged. "Take care of Mom, okay?" he said.

"Can't you change your mind, brother?"

He chuckles and loses his arms on me, he patted me on the shoulder, "I don't think it is evitable 'cause we don't have a choice but to go through it. But don't worry about me, I can make it and if I did, I will get you and Mom to the Noble Land but for now... remember all the things I teach you okay?"

I nodded on him, "right, brother, I know."

He messed up my hair and for the last time, he gives a hug to both of Mom and I. He loses his arms and took a deep breath after, "I think now's the time." He muttered, "see you on the Noble Land... see you soon." His last words stuck in my head and it won't go off.

And it will take a few years until I get to see my brother again.

My consciousness comes back when a sudden terror coming from the engine roared, as it is hollow road keeps the vehicle shaken. I open my eyes minimally to show where the hell I am now. I heard a man voice coming up the front of me and he's having a conversation to the person beside me. I slowly try to move but I felt my body was stuck and tied up again.

I widely open my eyes and hastily give a glare to the person beside me, and I found Dilly raising up her brow on me.

"Oh, look whose woke up now." She said.

Manny laughed, from his driving seat. "Good morning, kid."

"Fuck you," I hissed.

He chuckles, "don't worry, kid. You're gonna be out of being tied up once we get there."

"And where is that?"

"You should wait for it, Dylan," Dilly said.

I tried to move out from being tied up but my strength couldn't keep up and the rope was too gripped. I stopped it when I thought it wouldn't get do something and my effort would do nothing. I stayed calm and observant as this person cannot be trusted and for long as this people rises, there wouldn't be good people remains.

Just some humans who don't have the capacity to develop human intelligence.

"I think you're gonna like it there, Dylan... and when you meet them, you'll be surprised." Manny said, "oh well... I shouldn't give you heads up, you should see it within your eyes."

And what it is?

I think this person only bring trouble and Icouldn't escape them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556 25 13
It was the best of times but eventually it became the worst of times. We watched from afar until one visitor changed our lives ,then all 'hell broke...
43.8K 1.2K 23
This story is under major editing. Add to your Library until finished. Chapters re-completed: 10/21 ___ Wanting a normal life is unrealistic. Only th...
98 0 33
This is an in depth look into my life.
1.7K 34 24
People seem to blame life for their struggles. What if we can't handle a new life?