[Turning You] On!

By Thischickisbomb

Terry was your young typical player. He moved from state to state with his Dad in the military, in each state... More

[Turning You] On! Chapter 1
[Turning You] On! Chapter 2
[Turning You] On! Chapter 3
[Turning You] On! Chapter 4
[Turning You] On! Chapter 5
[Turning You] On! Chapter 6
[Turning You] On! Chapter 7
[Turning You] On! Chapter 8
[Turning You] On! Chapter 9
[Turning You] On! Chapter 10
[Turning You] On! Chapter 11
[Turning You] On! Chapter 12
[Turning You] On! Chapter 13
[Turning You] On! Chapter 14
[Turning You] On! Chapter 15
[Turning You] On! Chapter 16
[Turning You] On! Chapter 18
[Turning You] On Chapter 19
[Turning You] On! Chapter 20
[Turning You] On! Chapter 21
[Turning You] On! Chapter 22
[Turning you] On! Chapter 23
[Turning You] On! Chapter 24
[Turning You] On! Chapter 25
[Turning You] On! Chapter 26
[Turning You] On! Chapter 27
[Turning You] On! Chapter 29
[Turning You] On! Chapter 30
[Turning You] On! Chapter 31
[Turning You] On! Chapter 32
[Turning You] On! Chapter 33
[Turning You] On! Chapter 34
[Turning You] On! Chapter 35
[Turning You] On! Chapter 36
[Turning You] On! Chapter 37
[Turning You] On! Chapter 38
[Turning You] On! Chapter 39
[Turning You] On! Chapter 40

[Turning You] On! Chapter 17

27.4K 340 37
By Thischickisbomb

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.TELL.A.FRIEND

IT'S IN THE WATTY'S SO PLEASE SUPPORT

ENJOY!!!!!!!

I Care For You - Aaliyah 

Chapter 17

Brielle

I pulled up to Terry’s house and made my way towards the door. I knocked three times before getting an answer from his mom.

“Hey,” She greeted.

“Hey,” I said hesitantly.  “Is Terry here?” I asked her.

“Nope, he always seems to leave when I’m around. Him and his Dad took a drive to go have a talk.”

“Oh,” I replied.

“Would you like to go grab some dinner with me Brielle? I'm starving.” She asked.

“Uhm no, thanks for asking though.”

“Are you sure, it will be my treat.”

“I don’t  think so.”

“Come on please I need to get away and have some girl time.” I sighed. This was a very bad idea.

“Terry…”

“Will not mind.” She finished.

“He definitely will.”

“He doesn’t own you Brielle, and I see how he looks at you. He will be quick to forgive you if he even gets mad at you.” I sighed

“Okay,” I gave in.

“Great,” She said going back inside and then grabbing her keys.  “Come on,” She said walking to her car.

We pulled into the parking lot of Applebee’s. It was where everyone went to find cheap food and eat good in the neighborhood.

“So,” She said after we had ordered our drinks. “How long have you and Terry been dating?” She asked me.

“About two months,” I told her.

“Not that long. I thought it was longer than that.”

“Well he hasn’t been here that long.” I told her.

“Yea he hasn’t.”

“Did you guys immediately hit it off?” She questioned.

“Not exactly,” I said chuckling. She laughed.

“I guess he is a lot to handle. I just wish he would at least talk to me.  He hasn’t said more than a few words to me, and the few that he has spoken have been negative.”

“He’s angry and hurt.” I told her.

“I know and he should be, but I just figured that since I was his mom….I don’t know that things would be different. I know I shouldn’t have walked out on him like that and I know that I should have tried to make things better long before now, but.. I just don’t know.” She stated taking a sip of her drink.

“Why did you leave?” I asked. She looked at me obviously not expecting my question. “I mean Terry’s a great guy. Mr. C is a great guy. You walked out on two amazing guys.” I told her.

“I know,” She replied.

“Are you happy with your decision?” I asked her.

“No and Yes. I mean I have a wonderful husband now and two amazing kids that I wouldn’t give up for the world.”

“But you gave up Terry.” I told her. She sighed.

“I don’t know how to make things better.” She stated.

“Maybe you can’t. I mean Terry is very strong-willed and stubborn and he doesn’t give up on anything he’s adamant about and he’s adamant on not letting you back in his life.” I could see her eyes fill with water and I immediately felt horrible knowing that I probably should have said that in a different way or not have said it at all.

“Don’t cry,” I told her. “I know he’s your son and you love him, but sometimes you have to face your mistakes. You should just let him come to you.”

“What if he doesn’t ever come around, then what do I do?” She asked.

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. “You’re asking an eighteen year old girl that’s never had kids and never dealt with this kind of situation before.” She laughed.

“I don’t know why I’m laying all my burdens on you.” She said.

“It’s okay… I get it. You just need someone to talk to.” I told her.

“Terry has got himself a good one.” I laughed. The waiter brought out food to the table. I began to dig in.

“So do you two plan on going to the same college?”

“We’ve applied to some of the same.” I responded.

“Terry’s very smart,” She said. “He learned how to walk and talk at a young age and he was saying his ABC’s before any other kids.”  I chuckled.

“He’s has a 3.92 GPA so yea he is.”

“Does he really? Wow! I’m proud of him.”

“Who wouldn’t be?” She smiled. I continued to eat my food. After a while she paid the bill and we exited the restaurant.

The sky was beginning to dim as we pulled up into Terry’s drive way. I got out of the car carrying my leftovers in hand.

“Thanks for having dinner with me,” She said.

“Thanks for treating me.” I replied. We both walked towards the door and Terry opened it before we could even get close to it.

“Terry wait!” I heard his Dad shout.

“Where have you been?” He asked.

“We just---“ His mom began.

“I wasn’t talking to you.” He spat.

“Terry calm down.”  I said placing my hand on his shoulder. He shrugged me off.

“Don’t touch me Brielle. Why were you with her?” He asked.

“Terry it was just dinner with your mom.” I told him.

“She’s not my mom,”

“Terry stop,” I said looking at his mom and noticing the hurt expression on her face.

“Oh so you care how she feels now. You’re my girlfriend B. You’re supposed to back me up.” He stated.

“Terry I’m sorry.” He sighed and shook his head.

“The both of you should leave,”

“Terry stop! Are you serious?” I asked.

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Terry don’t be so harsh. Cathy and Brielle come inside.” His Dad said. He looked at his Dad incredulously.

“Really? I’m your fucking son Dad and lately you haven’t been backing me up as much as you should. She left! So why are you protecting her instead of me.” Terry shouted. You could hear all the emotion seep into his voice. He ran his hand over his face as his eyes began to water.

“Fuck it. I don’t care anymore,” He said barely audible as he went to his car.

“Terry wait!’ I said but he slammed the door in my face and cranked the car up pulling off.

“I’m sorry Brielle.” Cathy said.

“No it’s okay,” I said before quickly turning around to keep them from seeing any tears that might fall. I went to my car unlocking the doors before getting in. I quickly sped out of the driveway. I wasn’t going to cry I told myself. I closed my eyes and got myself together. It wasn’t that bad I told myself. He was just angry and he needed to calm down. Everything would be okay. It was Terry. He got mad. Our relationship would be okay.

 Terry was so angry which meant that he was not talking to me. It had been two days and he had still not spoken a word to me. He answered none of my text and none of my phone calls. At school he shrugged me off like we had never met.

My feelings were highly hurt. I mean how could he act as if he didn’t know me? How could he act as if he didn’t care about me? I knew he did, he had too. I had tried to talk to him numerous times and he would just ignore me or say that he didn’t feel like talking.

I sighed as I saw Terry approaching his car which I was leaning on waiting on him ever so patiently. He caught sight of me and just acted like he didn’t see me.

“What do you want Brielle?” He asked.

“What? Really? You have the audacity to ask me that? Terry you are the biggest asshole that I have ever met.” I said getting angry.

“Is that why you waited here? To tell me that I’m an asshole?” He questioned nonchalantly.

“Terry so I went to dinner with your Mom, so fucking what? I spent most of time telling her how much she missed out on with you.” I told him.

“Are we done here Brielle?”

“What’s wrong? You don’t feel like talking?”

“Not really,” He replied.

“You never feel like talking.” I told him. He just shrugged his shoulders. “Terry I’m your girlfriend. As soon as you get mad…you act like you can never talk to me.” He just looked at me waiting for me to get tired of speaking to him.

“Terry?”

“What Brielle? I’m tired and I just want to go home.” He yelled.

“You know what? Fuck you Terry,” I said before walking away. I was done with this bullshit. I wasn’t about to cater behind him and keep begging for his forgiveness. So what I went out with his mom to dinner? He wasn’t there and she needed to talk. He should have been over the whole situation by now. He was being so petty and he was making me angry. I wasn’t about to sit around and sulk in my bedroom waiting for him to not be angry with me.

I sat at the lunch table with Terry, Jace and Clary. It was awkward as it had been for the past week due to the fact that me and Terry were not on speaking terms.

“So what are yall doing this weekend?” Clary asked us.

“I don’t know” Terry replied as I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Okay you guys get it together. What is up with you two?” Clary snapped. Neither one of us spoke as her and Jace stared at us.

“Okay well Jace and I are leaving for the rest of lunch for you two to settle this out.” Clary said standing up and grabbing Jace’s arm.

“Baby I want to hear this.” Jace opposed.

“Jace!” She said sternly.

“What?” He replied sheepishly. She rolled her eyes. “Terry what happened between you and Brielle?” Jace asked.

“What do you mean?” Terry replied. Jace scoffed.

“Brielle what happened?”

“We just got in an argument.” Terry shot me a look. “What? We did” I added.

“Well fix whatever you were arguing about.” Jace said.

“It’s not that easy Jace,” Terry replied.

“Do you still want to be with Terry,” Jace directed at me.

“Yes,” I replied lowly.

“Terry?” He questioned. Terry glanced my way.

“Yea,” He replied giving in.

“Okay now you two talk.” Jace said grabbing Clary’s hand and walking away. I had no clue why I felt like Terry and I had just been through couple’s therapy when we were only questioned by Jace.

“I’m sorry Terry,” I said beginning. “I knew that it would upset you going with your mom, but I didn’t know it would that much. I shouldn’t have gone with her. I know how you feel about her and… I’m just sorry Terry. I hate when you’re mad at me. Please don’t be mad at me anymore.” I pleaded.

“I’m not mad anymore Brielle.” He stated. “I’m sorry for ignoring you. I just felt like you and my Dad didn’t get how much I dislike her and I don’t want anything to do with her meaning I don’t want the people I care about to have anything to do with her.” He stated. He let out a sigh

“Look Brielle I know I can’t tell you who to converse with or hangout with but I don’t want you hanging out with my mom. I don’t want yall to associate in any way and that’s just how I feel.” He told me.

“I get that Terry. I don’t have to talk to her. I care about you not her.” I said as I grabbed his hand. He tightened his hand around mine. He lifted his hand and placed a kiss on my hand.

“I missed you.” He admitted.

“I couldn’t tell.” I told him. “You can be one harsh guy Terry.”

“Sorry,” He stated. I smiled at him, but my hopes faltered once I remembered what I had done. I had a feeling that if he found out what had happened we would not be getting over it as easy as we had done this time or in the pass. I felt so stupid now that he had forgiven me. It was wrong and I knew that Terry would freak out and probably never talk to me again. If he had been this harsh, there was no telling what he would be if he found out, which made my decision. I wouldn’t tell Terry what happened. I scolded myself. I had let my anger and feelings  get in the way of my judgment. I should have never gone over Ally’s house the day I was mad at Terry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 3.7K 8
Josie Stevens moves out of the dormitory and into her first apartment to start off her second year of college. She and her roommate find themselves l...
1.7K 25 23
Clary Fairchild just entered her freshman year in high school. At the welcoming ceremony, she saw Jace Herondale on stage giving the welcoming speech...
4.1K 220 25
** RE-WRITTEN VERSION IS NOW ON AMAZON, EBOOK & PAPERBACK AVAILABLE ** Leah Miller was just 22 years old when she was training to take over her dad's...
108K 4.1K 62
DISCLAIMER:I OWN NOTHING Highest ranking: #16 in Clace There are a lot of Fanfictions out there of TMI High school's. Clary being the ugly nerd a...